NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 82 - Monday Night Football DOUBLE HEADER!

Bullbender
    Bullbender

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 82 - Monday Night Football DOUBLE HEADER! - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 82 - Monday Night Football DOUBLE HEADER!

Post by Bullbender Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:46 pm

Aardvark wrote:Ramien out - nrl.com
    Im riding with MS, 14 plus laurie
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 82 - Monday Night Football DOUBLE HEADER! - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 82 - Monday Night Football DOUBLE HEADER!

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:52 pm

Bullbender wrote:
    Im riding with MS, 14 plus laurie

14 + Fog

What a ball buster Rd. Cleary sitting in the EMG's is really starting to hurt
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:00 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Those dirty Fudgers have been pissing in the hotel pool again!!!!

Fully vaxxxed up here as I was an eager Edgar and booked an appointment as soon as they went live with 40-50 year olds in QLD. Wife waited one more day and got pushed back 4 weeks.

It's pretty rich hearing Scomo banging on about 'people must go and get vaccinated' when he failed to secure enough shots, fucked up the rollout and the pure fact it has taken so long has allowed doubt to fester and confusion to reign.

ANyway, go and get vaxxed if you can

My wife is just over 40 and awaiting shot #2 (it's booked in)

Im just under 40 and I guess I'll setup a telehealth appt with my GP this week to see whether they are (a) willing to give me AZ, and (b) think its worth the risk.

A few weeks ago I talked to a retired doctor who was said he thought for fit/healthy younger people the risk from COVID is less than the risk from AZ. But being in Sydney the equation has probably changed by now.

Anyway, on a fantasy football front I now remember why I used to hate MNF. The weekend is finished but still waiting for games is not good for me.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:03 pm

robelgordo wrote:
    Anyway, on a fantasy football front I now remember why I used to hate MNF. The weekend is finished but still waiting for games is not good for me.

Yeh, the weekend over so im done with football til next week. Not terribly interested in the games tonight so will skip them
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:05 pm

robelgordo wrote:I know we lost by 50 so it hardly matters but…

1. I really hate the interpretation where Sua is able to score his try. Anywhere else on the field held is called. In goals he’s allowed a 2nd, 3rd, 4th effort and we’re punishing the defending team for good defending. It’s up there with how every player seems to deliberately play the ball off the mark because there is never a penalty for it in the “rules I’d like to change” list.

2. seeing Sullivan get smashed in the head Teddy/Papy style and no sin bin was lol. They’re just pretending magic round didn’t happen. That 2-3 week crackdown killed Dragons season more than the BBQ at Vaughans.

Hey Rob. The good news is that we lost by only 36 (not 50). 😉
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:06 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Im just under 40 and I guess I'll setup a telehealth appt with my GP this week to see whether they are (a) willing to give me AZ, and (b) think its worth the risk.

A few weeks ago I talked to a retired doctor who was said he thought for fit/healthy younger people the risk from COVID is less than the risk from AZ. But being in Sydney the equation has probably changed by now.

It was worse when there was a Friday night EPL game....I couldn't get my head around that at all. You looked like you managed fine though!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:08 pm

Who needs Cleary anyway?

Mitch Moses is hoping to return for the Eels in Round 21, 3.5 weeks after suffering a transverse process fracture in his back. Thankfully these fractures aren’t as bad as they sound; whilst extremely painful most are considered functionally stable. Usually a pain management issue.

Sauce NRL Physio - Facebook

I'll take God's mate back. Rolling with Gamble and Trindall this week - which is going much better than I expected so far, but not the halves combo I was aiming for on the run home
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:09 pm

Aardvark wrote:

It was worse when there was a Friday night EPL game....I couldn't get my head around that at all. You looked like you managed fine though!

I think I got caught out a few times in 19/20, but 20/21 I was checking the deadlines a lot. Still feel asleep and missed one.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:10 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

Hey Rob. The good news is that we lost by only 36 (not 50). 😉

There's always an upside!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:13 pm

100000 tested 200 positive that's 0.02% How many people in greater Sydney get the flu in winter ?
    Kerry Chant - you can't protest it could be a mass spreader eveent. There have been no cases of outdoor transmission, also Kerry Chant. Cases linked to protest - 0. Kerry Chan - We are seeing the virus spread at home and at work. Gladys - we are taking the advice from NSW health - Stay in your home and you can go to work if you have to or we will give you an exemption.
    The vaccine is not immunity but it will reduce the severity and nobody in intensive care has had 2 shots - Gladys Ohhhhhh the case numbers to come down. Why the scare mongering why report case numbers at all.

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:15 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I'm under 40 and got my first dose of AZ on the 4th of July with an average wait time of 2 days for those wanting to receive it. People giving in to media scare monger is not the same as being ineligible

Well said MS. The media scare-mongering and spread of mis-information is a pain. My son got his first dose of AZ two days ago (after checking with his GP first).
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:16 pm

robelgordo wrote:

There's always an upside!

Haha. Yep!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:16 pm

Ramien out shit, oh well at least I have Peachey.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:27 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Yeah it's cooked.

Wasted all the Pzifer on old people that can take AZ risk free, when there were only 10m doses, on the hubris that we would get through any outbreak. "It's not a race!"

Even then I think about 40% of 60+ are not vaccinated.

Now asking 20s-40s to get AZ. Even though a few weeks ago you couldn't get it, and for a few weeks after that most GPs wouldn't give it to you, and the risks are still there.

Rob, I'm over 50, and became eligible for my first jab in May (I'm getting my second jab this month). I was told that I had to have AZ, as Pfizer was being used for eligible people under 50, so I'm not sure why you say that "all the Pfizer" was wasted on old people.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:30 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Mate, you should definitely get some good medical advice, because I think that retired doctor has given you a bum steer.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:33 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

Rob, I'm over 50, and became eligible for my first jab in May (I'm getting my second jab this month). I was told that I had to have AZ, as Pfizer was being used for eligible people under 50, so I'm not sure why you say that "all the Pfizer" was wasted on old people.

Please don't tell me 50 is old, I'm struggling with that number already!
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:33 pm

No Worries wrote:100000 tested 200 positive that's 0.02% How many people in greater Sydney get the flu in winter ?
    Kerry Chant - you can't protest it could be a mass spreader eveent. There have been no cases of outdoor transmission, also Kerry Chant. Cases linked to protest - 0. Kerry Chan - We are seeing the virus spread at home and at work. Gladys - we are taking the advice from NSW health - Stay in your home and you can go to work if you have to or we will give you an exemption.
    The vaccine is not immunity but it will reduce the severity and nobody in intensive care has had 2 shots - Gladys Ohhhhhh the case numbers to come down. Why the scare mongering why report case numbers at all.

Cases linked to Paul Vaughan's BBQ = 0.

Cases linked to James Roberts's balcony = 0
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:38 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

They used Pfizer for higher risk elderly - e.g. those in aged care facilities

I don't reckon the risk thing was a bum steer.

A couple of months ago I would've said the 1 in ~350,000 chance of a blood clot leading to death, while still pretty small, outweighed the likelihood and consequences of COVID for me and my regular close contacts. Now the game has changed though.

EDIT: should point out 50 isn't elderly!
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:49 pm

robelgordo wrote:

They used Pfizer for higher risk elderly - e.g. those in aged care facilities

I don't reckon the risk thing was a bum steer.

A couple of months ago I would've said the 1 in ~350,000 chance of a blood clot leading to death, while still pretty small, outweighed the likelihood and consequences of COVID for me and my regular close contacts. Now the game has changed though.

I think you are talking about Pfizer being used during Phase 1a (and maybe Phase 1b), which was BEFORE the official advice about AZ. As soon as the govt received that official advice about AZ, they stopped giving Pfizer to people over 50. We can't complain about things that happened back then, because we didn't have the advantage of hindsight back then.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:52 pm

Maybe there should be a Covid19 thread?

seeing it's a controversial topic

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:49 am