NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 78 - I can see Cleary now Mitch Rein has gone

mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 78 - I can see Cleary now Mitch Rein has gone - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 78 - I can see Cleary now Mitch Rein has gone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:17 am

Been out of the loop for the last 40 odd pages, has there been any more info on Moses apart from the 3-5 weeks we got on Tuesday? Selling one of Moses or Fog (like a few it seems) - is there any consensus there? I assumed Moses as Fog due is back next week.

Also any consensus on Hetherington vs Billy Smith as a cashout? Hetherington probably better JS but Smith a higher ceiling?

Basic plan is one of those halves to one of the cashouts, Hynes to Ponga, enough cash for Lucy to Cleary.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 78 - I can see Cleary now Mitch Rein has gone - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 78 - I can see Cleary now Mitch Rein has gone

Post by Mulvy Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:19 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

This is absolutely click bait. "Morris has played a lot of games in a row and is down on his usual form". "He is down a bit of his standards so needs a rest, get back to training and back to working on what he needs to do".

Morris will be starting back at centre by round 22
    I thought the same without even clicking.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:22 am

easytiger wrote:I'm starting to lean towards selling Moses this week.

Aside from uncertainty as to whether he is back next week (2.5 weeks after injury, with a reported typical recovery time of 3-5 weeks) and it being a pain management issue - he's never particularly struck me as a high-pain threshold guy (I may be wrong/jaded on that one).

But the other thing that motivates me a little is;
    Moses when the Eels win: 64.5 (based on his PPM in wins)
    Moses when the Eels lose: 47

I recall it was a similar story the last couple of years as well.

Moses upcoming fixtures:
    Roosters (should W)
    Rabbitohs (50/50?)
    Sea Eagles (possible L)
    Cowboys (W - no offence Cowboys)
    Storm (likely L)
    Panthers (likely L)

If there's any additional risk of being rested early, or even a drop in performance due to the injury then he could be a bit of an underperformer (I just recall his ongoing ankle-related issue last year).
    It's probably a bit of a luxury trade still - if he ends up averaging 40's it's not the end of the world - but there's a real temptation to turn him into DCE

Plenty of good points mate. I dont understand the fixture side of things though. Moses avg in wins is 64.5 and he should win 4 of his next 6 games. My points on keeping Moses is that Eels are clasping on to that #4 spot with the Roosters and Sea Eagle nipping at their heels so they will need/want a full strength team to go around, add on to that those next 6 games should all be pretty close so don't see any early rests. Then in regards to pain management... when it comes to the back I don't think you are getting on the field unless you are at least 95%. A strained calf you can get over, life in a wheelchair is more than footy. He ain't coming back unless he is feeling 100%.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 am

Macca to Mahoney too sideways with 5 trades left?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Been out of the loop for the last 40 odd pages, has there been any more info on Moses apart from the 3-5 weeks we got on Tuesday? Selling one of Moses or Fog (like a few it seems) - is there any consensus there? I assumed Moses as Fog due is back next week.

Also any consensus on Hetherington vs Billy Smith as a cashout? Hetherington probably better JS but Smith a higher ceiling?

Basic plan is one of those halves to one of the cashouts, Hynes to Ponga, enough cash for Lucy to Cleary.

BA has said Moses was close to playing this week and is a high chance of playing next week (2.5 weeks after injury)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:25 am

easytiger wrote:I'm starting to lean towards selling Moses this week.

Aside from uncertainty as to whether he is back next week (2.5 weeks after injury, with a reported typical recovery time of 3-5 weeks) and it being a pain management issue - he's never particularly struck me as a high-pain threshold guy (I may be wrong/jaded on that one).

But the other thing that motivates me a little is;
    Moses when the Eels win: 64.5 (based on his PPM in wins)
    Moses when the Eels lose: 47

I recall it was a similar story the last couple of years as well.

Moses upcoming fixtures:
    Roosters (should W)
    Rabbitohs (50/50?)
    Sea Eagles (possible L)
    Cowboys (W - no offence Cowboys)
    Storm (likely L)
    Panthers (likely L)

If there's any additional risk of being rested early, or even a drop in performance due to the injury then he could be a bit of an underperformer (I just recall his ongoing ankle-related issue last year).
    It's probably a bit of a luxury trade still - if he ends up averaging 40's it's not the end of the world - but there's a real temptation to turn him into DCE

I think it's justifiable. Uncertainty on return, uncertainty on whether it affects his performance on return, the draw as you say, not useful for looping, frees up decent cash. If I was trading one of Moses or Fogarty, I'd trade Moses. I'm holding both though.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:29 am

Mulvy wrote:

I think it's justifiable. Uncertainty on return, uncertainty on whether it affects his performance on return, the draw as you say, not useful for looping, frees up decent cash. If I was trading one of Moses or Fogarty, I'd trade Moses. I'm holding both though.

I've got SJ, Moses, and Fog. If all were fit, I'd probably look to be trading SJ first given how he's looked of late. I'm sure whichever way I go with Moses, the opposite will happen. Happy to keep Fog, pretty confident he'll be back next week.

So, not sure if I'll trade this week or hold fire. It does mean that Radley and one of Hetherington/Verrills would be in my 17 (plus SJ as well).
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 am

my tv broke wrote:

I've got SJ, Moses, and Fog. If all were fit, I'd probably look to be trading SJ first given how he's looked of late. I'm sure whichever way I go with Moses, the opposite will happen. Happy to keep Fog, pretty confident he'll be back next week.

So, not sure if I'll trade this week or hold fire. It does mean that Radley and one of Hetherington/Verrills would be in my 17 (plus SJ as well).

Yeah I have SJ. Him and DCE are why I can hold the other two. SJ annoying but with so much uncertainty I'm holding all three. Re- evaluate next week. And SJ has the dogs.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:34 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

BA has said Moses was close to playing this week and is a high chance of playing next week (2.5 weeks after injury)

Cheers. Think I'll probably still sell him and chase another couple of 90s from Fog + more likely return date.

Could hold off to see who's back first next week, but the maths doesn't really work with another Hetherington price rise.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:35 am

Would anyone go Mahoney over Haas?

Hadn't really thought about it til now, but technically I don't need a mid to replace Tohu with AFB and Watson hanging around.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:40 am

I have the option of trading Fogarty or Moses. My gut says Moses scores more than Fogarty for the rest of the regular season... anyone want to avatar bet me?

Terms: Will use the chosen avatar for the entirety of the finals.

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:40 am

Aardvark wrote:
    StormTrooper96 wrote:If I am in R2 of the eliminator does that mean I don't start until next week?

Yes, you have played every game this season and we need to make sure you are fresh heading into the finals. Have a week off

It’s you and I up first Aardvark. I’m not sure how I feel about that.

I already have 4 red dots by the way.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:45 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:I have the option of trading Fogarty or Moses. My gut says Moses scores more than Fogarty for the rest of the regular season... anyone want to avatar bet me?

Terms: Will use the chosen avatar for the entirety of the finals.

Lock it in. I'm banking on Moses missing a few weeks or re-aggravating if he comes back too soon. He's no Kurt Angle imo.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:48 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Lock it in. I'm banking on Moses missing a few weeks or re-aggravating if he comes back too soon. He's no Kurt Angle imo.

Oh thank god! More than 50% of my mates are Tigers supporters. As you know they are going through a tough time at the moment. This will be a sweet, sweet victory!
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:48 am

toast wrote:

Was curious about this so had a look.

Scores from last 3 games played:
    2018:
    r21 - 53
    r22 - 44
    r23 - 38

2019:
    r23 - 32
    r24 - 38
    r25 - 6

2020:
    r17 - 108
    r19 - 41
    r20 - 21

All 80min games. The 108 looks like an exception with the next highest being 53 then 44. No idea why his scores fall off but there is evidence of it. Has me slightly wary of bringing him in though he remains a target for now.

As a Knights fan who has been along for the ride over these years it really messes with our heads.
    Maybe Ponga needs a rest by then, or the other 16 players have all quit and gone belly-up.
    I'm not sure, but we're all hoping the "easier" draw for the Knights over the remaining 6-7 games will mean they are all on and Ponga reaps the rewards of the forwards rip[ping in and the halves giving him good ball.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:49 am

Titans have the Dogs, Cows, Rabbits, Storm, Knights, Warriors. Not a bad run and 4 winnable games there. Seems a more favorable draw for Fog as opposed to Moses.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:50 am

standard-issue wrote:

It’s you and I up first Aardvark. I’m not sure how I feel about that.

I already have 4 red dots by the way.

Are they trying to lower the average age of the competition straight up? Very Happy

Whatever happens the eliminator will be the loser...lets try for a draw

I have a couple of red dots...unfortunately they are in the same position.

I might trade, but the only reason I am plan on trading a red dot out is to be sure I don't continue the recent trend of my disgards outscoring my highly celebrated trade ins.

I have not had a great season....but tbh the quality shitposting (& quality statistical analysis) this year has meant I have not descended into any of dante's circles just yet and my living room furniture and bric a brac remains unhurled
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:52 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Oh thank god! More than 50% of my mates are Tigers supporters. As you know they are going through a tough time at the moment. This will be a sweet, sweet victory!

Tough time? Business as usual here mate Laughing I'm a bit of a Storm fan, so whatever I come up is probably going to piss me off too.. Didn't think this through very well scratch
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:57 am

sbr202 wrote:Is Murray worth the $75k premium over AFB?  

With Harris out, I think AFB might be a more consistent option than usual. Good value option for sure.

Personally I'd get Murray for the DPP and the simple reason he's a much more likeable player but whatever suits your team best.
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:00 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Macca to Mahoney too sideways with 5 trades left?

Yep.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:07 pm