NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 77 - To'o tired to think of a witty title

SerhanYoshi
    SerhanYoshi

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 77 - To'o tired to think of a witty title - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 77 - To'o tired to think of a witty title

Post by SerhanYoshi Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:40 pm

code delta wrote:

If you are saying you here that you have 1 trade left then I'd be saving the trade.

Nah I have 7 trades left as of this week. Just doing some planning and only want to get either one of the two (Mahoney/Ponga).
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 77 - To'o tired to think of a witty title - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 77 - To'o tired to think of a witty title

Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:41 pm

Most of us are probably a bit beyond BEs at this point, but here you go

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 77 - To'o tired to think of a witty title - Page 45 R1910

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:44 pm

SerhanYoshi wrote:

Nah I have 7 trades left as of this week. Just doing some planning and only want to get either one of the two (Mahoney/Ponga).

That is a predicament. Coin toss territory. I like Ponga much better with Pearce around so as long as Pearce is out, that might be enough to lean me towards Mahoney?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:45 pm

With Moses and Tohu out, plus just 4 trades, ny options are basically, get a cashout in now, or forget about getting Cleary back

Radley might be a touch too expensive to qualify as a cash-out, but he is most tempting at the moment
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:02 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    With Moses and Tohu out, plus just 4 trades, ny options are basically, get a cashout in now, or forget about getting Cleary back

Radley might be a touch too expensive to qualify as a cash-out, but he is most tempting at the moment

I noticed a page or two back that Luai is also very cheap at the moment.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:20 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

I noticed a page or two back that Luai is also very cheap at the moment.

The problem here is that he is priced like that because of his scores. There is no injury or low minute games in his recent history to artificially lower it
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:33 pm

Milchcow wrote:

The problem here is that he is priced like that because of his scores. There is no injury or low minute games in his recent history to artificially lower it

Truth. It'd be hard to take a blind punt, but he's certainly capable of good scores and it'll be interesting to see how he comes back.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:40 pm

wolfking wrote:

Before any trades mate;

Brailey
    Haas Tolo IPap
    Fifita Crichton
    SJ Moses*
    Manu Bird
    Ted Hynes Walsh

Watson CHN AFB Burton

Peach Laurie Verrills Fog*

6 trades only 4K.

Have looked at combos for both Fog and Moses with DCE, Turbo plus others but can't get either with a decent downgrade.  Just thinking To'o as my WFB POD.  Had him from about round 6 to Origin and loved watching him.

Even though you have no cash, six trades is more than most and I think you can probably get Cleary back, that's what I'd aim for. You can field a team this week and Moses and Fog's price won't change, so nothing especially urgent. I'm likely to hold both and see how it pans out. I know you like Laurie and he's excellent cover for WFB but he's a potential enabler, especially now that Manu gives you extra cover there. Otherwise you have four centres, Peachey or Burton could go. Hynes probably will need to go to soon. None of these things are urgent. If it takes four trades (even five) to rebalance and potentially get Cleary in, leaving two trades (or one!), it might seem scary, but if you spread those trades over the next two to five weeks depending on circumstance, and you have a full squad for the run home with one or two trades in hand, I think you'll be ahead of most.

Your forward pack and centres are world class. You need a WFB, not necessarily this week but it wouldn't hurt. Halves is the problem because of the current outs. If you plan to get Cleary, you can probably manage until then. I'd probably look at Fog or Moses and Hynes to Cleary and cash out. Probably need to raise some cash for that. WFB trickier, but if you bide your time could get a cheap Ponga, Pappy, or Latrell is already cheap.

Probably doesn't help much, rather general than specific advice.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:42 pm

Welshy wrote:Harris - Haas
    Fog - Mahoney

Next week
    Brailey - Cashout
    SJ/Arey - Cleary

I like it.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:46 pm

The hope is that Moses will be fit to return next week, although any comeback will hinge on his capacity to endure the pain associated with his back injury.

“It’s more of a pain tolerance thing,” Arthur said.

“He’s not running at the moment and he only did a little bit of weights today. We made the decision early yesterday that he wasn’t going to play.”

Not sure if this was posted before. Just question marks on his return. He was starting to hit top gear with a L3 average of 76 before Origin

Would be between him and ARey as a flick for me at the moment... not sure if I'm taking the gamble that he's back soon yet or not but I'm considering it.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:48 pm

SerhanYoshi wrote:In a bit of a dilemma here.

I can only get one of Mahoney or Ponga for my final team.

Option 1: Get Ponga next week, and end up with Brailey in my final team (WFB's being Walsh, Turbo, Teddy, Ponga - one benched/reserves)

Option 2: Get Mahoney this week, end up with my final team WFB's being Teddy, Turbo, Walsh. Potential to trade Brailey later on. No Ponga.

Which one sounds like the better plan?

Both sound like decent options to me. No way to know how players will score over a short period. Probably depends on coverage and then gut call.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:52 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Most of us are probably a bit beyond BEs at this point, but here you go

Always worth an upvote in any case. And probably a lot of us trying to decide if we can get Cleary back, so probably still quite useful.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:02 am

Shady2K wrote:The hope is that Moses will be fit to return next week, although any comeback will hinge on his capacity to endure the pain associated with his back injury.

“He’s not running at the moment and he only did a little bit of weights today. We made the decision early yesterday that he wasn’t going to play.”

Not sure if this was posted before. Just question marks on his return. He was starting to hit top gear with a L3 average of 76 before Origin

Would be between him and ARey as a flick for me at the moment... not sure if I'm taking the gamble that he's back soon yet or not but I'm considering it.

First I've seen although might have missed it. Cheers for posting. With AReyn underperforming can see your conundrum, but at this stage I'd be leaning towards keeping the bloke actually confirmed to play.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:11 am

Shady2K wrote:The hope is that Moses will be fit to return next week, although any comeback will hinge on his capacity to endure the pain associated with his back injury.

First I've seen of that, thought I saw 3-5 weeks.

Even then, 3-5 weeks would really be 2-4 since it would be counting from Origin 3 (R21 is 2 games missed and 3 weeks after Origin 3).

This casts some doubt on my Moses to Mahoney trade, I was all set on Tohu/Moses to Mahoney/Fifita but now I might just keep Moses and let Mahoney go, or go Tohu to Mahoney and then Hynes to Fifita next week (and let Papy or Ponga go)
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:22 am

If you believed media releases from the Eels, you would have started the season with Paulo in your team, not bothered starting with Mahoney, and would have held Nathan Brown for all of his one week injuries over the last few seasons.

If they're saying Moses is going to be back next week then you can pretty much guarantee that his season is over Wink
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:26 am

Cookie Monster wrote:

If you believed media releases from the Eels, you would have started the season with Paulo in your team, not bothered starting with Mahoney and held Nathan Brown for all of his one week injuries over the last few seasons.

If they're saying Moses is going to be back next week then you can pretty much guarantee that his season is over Wink

Yeah, right on. Still, if no further curveballs, I can field a decent 17, Hynes hopefully serviceable one more week, Cleary not back yet, Covid bubbles etc; I think I'm holding.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:32 am

standard-issue wrote:

First I've seen although might have missed it.  Cheers for posting.  With AReyn underperforming can see your conundrum, but at this stage I'd be leaning towards keeping the bloke actually confirmed to play.

Thing is ARey would not even be in my top 17 right now. Gamble has truly overtaken him and I still can’t believe it

Moses would be in that top 17

I’ll probably end up making the wrong decision anyway
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:47 am

I'm Abit screwed like alot of people only have 2 trades and 150k itb. Dilemma is should I wait and use my last 2 trades to bring in cleary.

Brailey
    Ipap angus haas
    Fifita chn
    Schuster sj
    Averillo reimis
    Turbo teddy Walsh

Taupau hynes matterson verillis

Harris moses rts tpj

Thinking might use Harris and hynes for cleary and a cheap centre back up
    Cantbeatwinners
    Cantbeatwinners

Post by Cantbeatwinners Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:56 am

Any thoughts on my next moves, I've 2 injured dots in Harris and Moses, but can cover both. Should I maybe hold the trades, 5 left and evaluate again next week. Or upgrade, downgrade either or both. Obviously Cleary down the track is in the thinking. $224 bank

Brailey
    Taumalolo Haas Afb
    Chricton Fifita
    Johnson Moses*
    Bird Averillo
    Turbo Tedesco Hynes
    Hunt Watson Papalii Walsh
    Harris* Burton Doueihi Verrills

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:18 am

Shady2K wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

First I've seen although might have missed it.  Cheers for posting.  With AReyn underperforming can see your conundrum, but at this stage I'd be leaning towards keeping the bloke actually confirmed to play.

Thing is ARey would not even be in my top 17 right now. Gamble has truly overtaken him and I still can’t believe it

Moses would be in that top 17

I’ll probably end up making the wrong decision anyway

If you can carry Moses and not play AReyn this weekend then I wouldn't be trading at all personally.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:48 am