NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 77 - To'o tired to think of a witty title

Weiland
    Weiland

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 77 - To'o tired to think of a witty title - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 77 - To'o tired to think of a witty title

Post by Weiland Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:16 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Same here, absolute toiler.  I think you missed the game, or was that Sunday you were working?

He played on for 5 minutes after injuring it-every single pass he made from dummy half he got worse and worse till he couldn't stand anymore, which I think is why some people thought it was more a leg injury to start with.  Even the commentators made no mention of it till he went for an HIA as the initial report.  

Yeah I did miss the game, I was kind of following this forum and the Fantasy scores when I could and went from being stoked when he scored a try to being gutted when he went off. Earlier in the year I wasn't a big fan of him playing wise but I think he has been really good recently, tough as nails and was setting up tries. I think the Warriors will miss him more than people think.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 77 - To'o tired to think of a witty title - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 77 - To'o tired to think of a witty title

Post by Mulvy Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:21 pm

robelgordo wrote:Hilarious than I had 7 halves in my squad at one stage and now I’m down to SJ missing all of the tackles and Gamble who was meant to be a cow for sale.

Can’t afford DCE and Hughes without wrecking the Cleary fund, so probably looking at Schuster back in or uhh Dylan Brown?

Yeah it's weird. I've got Moses and Fogarty, but I also have DCE though, and SJ, and for the time being Hynes, and at a pinch still have Burton and Averillo. I think the best play for me is to do nothing, wait until next week, see who's fit, see if Cleary is back.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:22 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Originally when Cleary was out I was thinking of maybe doing a “bridge” trade and upgrade Fogarty to DCE and then upgrade again when Cleary returns

Don’t know if it’s worth 2 trades but worse case scenario would be to be stuck with DCE

I don’t mind this. With 7 trades left, you’ve probably got more than most and a halves combo of DCE + one of Schuster/SJ/Fogarty/Gamble looks a lot better.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:27 pm

6 trades left. Might just turn Moses into To'o and move Hynes to the halves. Will then use Fog to loop Burton and Peach.

Might just be deathriding Turbo for the year and just load up on anytime try scoring bets on him each week I think. No Manly players will hurt though.

Hynes can maybe be a springboard for Cleary perhaps.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:31 pm

wolfking wrote:6 trades left.  Might just turn Moses into To'o and move Hynes to the halves.  Will then use Fog to loop Burton and Peach.

Might just be deathriding Turbo for the year and just load up on anytime try scoring bets on him each week I think.  No Manly players will hurt though.

Hynes can maybe be a springboard for Cleary perhaps.

what’s your team looking like atm?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:36 pm

Jele wrote:

what’s your team looking like atm?

Before any trades mate;

Brailey
    Haas Tolo IPap
    Fifita Crichton
    SJ Moses*
    Manu Bird
    Ted Hynes Walsh

Watson CHN AFB Burton

Peach Laurie Verrills Fog*

6 trades only 4K.

Have looked at combos for both Fog and Moses with DCE, Turbo plus others but can't get either with a decent downgrade. Just thinking To'o as my WFB POD. Had him from about round 6 to Origin and loved watching him.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:48 pm

Wow, Luai is $413K. Doesn't suit my team, but what an interesting option he would be for a smokey at a bargain price.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:49 pm

wolfking wrote:

Before any trades mate;

Brailey
    Haas Tolo IPap
    Fifita Crichton
    SJ Moses*
    Manu Bird
    Ted Hynes Walsh

Watson CHN AFB Burton

6 trades only 4K.

Have looked at combos for both Fog and Moses with DCE, Turbo plus others but can't get either with a decent downgrade.  Just thinking To'o as my WFB POD.  Had him from about round 6 to Origin and loved watching him.

To’o is solid, i like Ponga for a bit more (or probably a bit less if are prepared to wait a week). feels like you want a stronger 17th man than Burton back to playing centre too. Selling Moses, Fogarty and Hynes to To’o, Cleary and a cashout doesn’t give you many trades left to upgrade Burton (or Peachey or Laurie) though.
    thelastdodo
    thelastdodo

Post by thelastdodo Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:56 pm

KiwiOilBoiler wrote:Hi lads, looking for a bit of advise for my H2H GF if possible please.

Team before trades w 115k cib.

Cheese
    iPap Haas Angus
    DFifi CHN
    Fog SJ
    Bird Burton
    Garrick Hynes Walsh

Watson Matto Teddy Lhompson

Lawton Avo Lawrie Verrills

I need Turbo i think coz opponent has him, so Fog to Turbo funded by Lawton with a looping Deitz is one option.

I also like Fog + Garrick > Turbo + Lolo, but this doesn't leave any cheaty bench manipulation.

Thoughts?

I would definitely get Turbo.

See how your travelling Saturday afternoon and if need a risk I would look at pushing Hynes to half and swapping Johnson for Toó, think Johnson is not looking good, not kicking,

running or tackling for that matter and Toó against Broncos could go large.

You would need to put Hynes to 1/2, Teddy to FB and Johnson to reserves before Teddy plays on Friday though.

Good Luck
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:00 pm

wolfking wrote:

Before any trades mate;

Brailey
    Haas Tolo IPap
    Fifita Crichton
    SJ Moses*
    Manu Bird
    Ted Hynes Walsh

Watson CHN AFB Burton

6 trades only 4K.

Have looked at combos for both Fog and Moses with DCE, Turbo plus others but can't get either with a decent downgrade.  Just thinking To'o as my WFB POD.  Had him from about round 6 to Origin and loved watching him.

Quite a predicament, cob. I like Jele's Ponga call and he'd be a nice replacement next week for Hynes, whom you can play this week. Assuming Fog back next week, probably worth a hold? You could make it through with Burton in the halves this week and do Moses to Mahoney if you were feeling frisky. Hynes to Ponga / To'o next week and upgrade one of those bottom three as per Jele's suggestion.

It's a tough match up this week, but any interest in Doueihi as a halves replacement for Moses?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:04 pm

Jele wrote:

To’o is solid, i like Ponga for a bit more (or probably a bit less if are prepared to wait a week). feels like you want a stronger 17th man than Burton back to playing centre too. Selling Moses, Fogarty and Hynes to To’o, Cleary and a cashout doesn’t give you many trades left to upgrade Burton (or Peachey or Laurie) though.

Cleary could be a pipedream. If worse comes to worse I can turn Fog into a Murray or someone like that for a strong 17. Problem is this week if I hold out I don't really want to run Laurie or Burton in the halves. At least I can loop Burton this week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:06 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Quite a predicament, cob. I like Jele's Ponga call and he'd be a nice replacement next week for Hynes, whom you can play this week. Assuming Fog back next week, probably worth a hold? You could make it through with Burton in the halves this week and do Moses to Mahoney if you were feeling frisky. Hynes to Ponga / To'o next week and upgrade one of those bottom three as per Jele's suggestion.

It's a tough match up this week, but any interest in Doueihi as a halves replacement for Moses?  

Thanks mate. Yeah, I'm a bit short on a Turbo and Doueihi combo which I like the look of too. Doueihi looks like that jumper is his and looks solid. Just hard to trust the Tigers. Yeah, might see where Fog is at next week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:08 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Any tearaway I'm missing that is certain to put on a big score this week? Can't afford DCE, Hughes or Pappy, but anyone else is possible (and yes, I sadly realise that cuts out two of this week's most likely).

I already have most the usual suspects (Fifita, Turbo, Teddy, Schuster, Ipap, Mahoney, Haas, Crichton, Ponga, Walsh etc) and just looking for a bit of a left-field points guaranteed type of fella. No issue at all if it's only a one-week rental too.

Got my eyes on Murray, Lolo, Douehei and CHN but don't like Arrow on bench, Lolo against Storm and Douehei against Manly. CHN would mostly be to negate H2H opponent's POD. Anyone obvious I'm missing who's going big?

Hunt without Norman maybe a strong possibility?

I was high on Murray too mate but the bench scares me off a little. He's still a great pickup though I may consider. What about AFB? Been great the last two weeks.
    KiwiOilBoiler
    KiwiOilBoiler

Post by KiwiOilBoiler Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:09 pm

thelastdodo wrote:

See how your travelling Saturday afternoon and if need a risk I would look at pushing Hynes to half and swapping Johnson for Toó, think Johnson is not looking good, not kicking,

You would need to put Hynes to 1/2, Teddy to FB and Johnson to reserves before Teddy plays on Friday though.

Good Luck
    Selling Fog to Turbo requires playing Nicho at HLF already bro because SJ and Avo just isn't gonna cut it. Or is it?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:10 pm

thelastdodo wrote:

Good Luck

Yeah, great matchup for To'o.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:14 pm

Harris - Haas
    Fog - Mahoney

Next week
    Brailey - Cashout
    SJ/Arey - Cleary
    SerhanYoshi
    SerhanYoshi

Post by SerhanYoshi Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:16 pm

In a bit of a dilemma here.

I can only get one of Mahoney or Ponga for my final team.

Option 1: Get Ponga next week, and end up with Brailey in my final team (WFB's being Walsh, Turbo, Teddy, Ponga - one benched/reserves)

Option 2: Get Mahoney this week, end up with my final team WFB's being Teddy, Turbo, Walsh. Potential to trade Brailey later on. No Ponga.

Which one sounds like the better plan?
    thelastdodo
    thelastdodo

Post by thelastdodo Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:36 pm

KiwiOilBoiler wrote:
    Selling Fog to Turbo requires playing Nicho at HLF already bro because SJ and Avo just isn't gonna cut it. Or is it?

So my scenario is SJ / Lolo / Lawrie vs Garrick / Toó / Avo.

Maybe ask for thumbs up/down from the gang, BUT always go with your gut.

code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:37 pm

SerhanYoshi wrote:In a bit of a dilemma here.

I can only get one of Mahoney or Ponga for my final team.

Option 1: Get Ponga next week, and end up with Brailey in my final team (WFB's being Walsh, Turbo, Teddy, Ponga - one benched/reserves)

Option 2: Get Mahoney this week, end up with my final team WFB's being Teddy, Turbo, Walsh. Potential to trade Brailey later on. No Ponga.

Which one sounds like the better plan?

If you are saying you here that you have 1 trade left then I'd be saving the trade.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:38 pm

wolfking wrote:

I was high on Murray too mate but the bench scares me off a little.  He's still a great pickup though I may consider.  What about AFB?  Been great the last two weeks.

Yeah agreed, regarding Murray. It makes me nervous.

Definite interest in AFB... but tentative interest. He's scored very well when Tohu has departed the game early, but just solid when they have time to prepare for a match without Tohu. I'd be nervous to take a punt on him and get a solid 50-ish score, when I'm looking for someone with a real possibility to go big this week.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:00 am