NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished

Honeysett
    Honeysett

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished

Post by Honeysett Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:23 pm

wolfking wrote:

But do you have any advice for his team?

Fuck this got me good haha.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:28 pm

I’m very happy with this! I really rate Morris as a coach and think he was unfairly treated at Cronulla!

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to announce that John Morris will join the Rabbitohs as an Assistant Coach for the 2022 and 2023 seasons, alongside Ben Hornby who has extended his tenure with the Club for a further two seasons.

Rabbitohs incoming Head Coach Jason Demetriou will lead the 2022 Rabbitohs squad in his first season as an NRL Head Coach with the assistance of a 300-game player and a coach with previous NRL Head Coaching experience in Morris, as well as another assistant with International, State of Origin and Premiership-winning experience that has been working with the Rabbitohs for the past two seasons in Hornby.

Rabbitohs Head of Football, Mark Ellison, said it was important to bed down the coaching structure for 2022 early as the Club pushes forward with its 2021 campaign.

“We’re very happy with the calibre of coaches that will be leading the Club in 2022 and beyond,” Mr Ellison said.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:35 pm

Currently sitting with Ramien & Averillo as starting CTR's with Bird and Mbye as cover.

This week planning to trade in Schoupp for Nikora as cashdown for WFB/CTR cover, but just realised given I have Bird as a great keeper cover and Mbye there also, would Savage be a smarter move to save 60k? The role is a WFB cover effectively as Bird's going nowhere. I have walsh, rts, teddy & mbye in WFB's, Ponga is due in next week for RTS likely.

Only risk is will he keep the FB spot... a few podcasts i've listened to this week suggest it's his to lose and simo will come back to the wing when he's back..

TU: Bring in Savage
    TD: Bring in Schouup

Last edited by bigbruno on Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:36 pm

Bomber is a decent bloke
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:36 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:DISCUSSION POINTS

1) Wonder what will happen with Melbourne v Knights with Melbourne going into a snap lockdown. Most likely probably play in Sunny Coast?
    2) Seeing something on a Facebook group (I think is utter BS, Clickbait) – apparently the whole QLD team went to a ‘private’ strip club and brought some dancers back to the hotel, to which Arrow was used as a scapegoat so they could play. Now apparently NRL is due to be shut down for a few weeks.

Topic 2 I think is utter BS

David Icke !
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:38 pm

Wolfy nailing it again
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:43 pm

wolfking wrote:

Mann is named at centre mate and has played there the last few rounds, not sure I follow what you mean there.  Watson was close to the best for the Knights last week.  I think he's solid for 50 minutes each week, the team look more lethal again with him in the middle.  Think I've just talked myself into keeping him which was my plan.

I have 7 trades left.

For your situation you have to weigh up if burning more trades to cement your final team is worth it and run home with just a couple.  You probably should hold trades unless you want someone like Ponga now.  You mentioned IPap and he is indeed a must have for the run home though, he gets better and better.  I do worry if Peach plays another short stint of the bench though so getting some back from Peach to a cashout is solid if you think you can spare the trade.

Sorry I didn’t realise Mann was named at centre. If you think Watson keeps getting around 48-50mins then yes I’d hold. If you think Watson goes back to 40mins or so I’d sell.

Thanks re my team I could downgrade Peachey to Young or Schoupp to go Brailey to Ipap bit after the Ponga trade would have only 2 left so I may just hold off for now!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:45 pm

Chucky wrote:
    Re the Hynes v Ponga, see my post on previous page.
    It’s currently 6-2 in favour of keeping Hynes this week.
    Personally I’d wait a week on Mahoney and re-assess.
    When in doubt, hold trades, especially with only 5 left.

Thanks mate I’m so torn but probs more carnage to come I think so probs best to hold!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:50 pm

FalconSloth wrote:My team seems complete but not quite at the same time. With 7 trades left and 52k left.

Mahoney
    Harris Papali'i Crichton
    CHN Fifita
    DCE Johnson
    Bird Burton
    Hynes Trbojevic Tedesco

Fogarty Walsh Croker Brailey
    Schuster Peachey Verrills Simmonsson

My main trade out is Brailey and without a second trade I can get in anyone under 651k. Josh Jackson was my first thought but I didn't realise that he was playing lock and is now back at second row. I also have no idea how Im going to order my bench. Can do Brailey to Murray or take a punt on taumalolo. Would need a second trade for Haas though
    I would cash down Croker and then upgrade Brailey to Haas mate.

WFB is an issue for you but I’m in the same boat, many will be down to 16 this week if Teddy is out.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:53 pm

danseels1985 wrote:

Thanks mate,yeah I think I’m just being greedy wanting to bring in both Fifita and IPap this week

If you had an extra trade or two I'd go for it, but what leaving 2 I think was it? That's tight.
    michaelz101
    michaelz101

Post by michaelz101 Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:55 pm

Will be very interesting to see if either Moses or Hunt back up tomorrow. Planning to bring both in if they are
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:56 pm

wolfking wrote:

If you had an extra trade or two I'd go for it, but what leaving 2 I think was it?  That's tight.

Yeah that’s right,I need someone to slap me silly I think. Not much has gone right for me so far this season so I kinda have a gung-ho attitude about it all
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:57 pm

bigbruno wrote:

This post really tickled me, some of your best work, Wolfie

Honeysett wrote:

Fuck this got me good haha.

Pain wrote:Wolfy nailing it again

Laughing Laughing Laughing Appreciate it gents!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:58 pm

danseels1985 wrote:

Yeah that’s right,I need someone to slap me silly I think. Not much has gone right for me so far this season so I kinda have a gung-ho attitude about it all

Other end of the spectrum is if you're ranking is not great, go for it, get your final team and hold two trades for fun for any season enders and hope for the best.  Lots of ways to look at it.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:00 pm

Toying with the idea of keeping Laurie and punting both Bird and Peach. Gets Fifita and Schoupp and leaves 200K for Cleary fund later on. Means Matto stays for now too. Lots of options.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:01 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Sorry I didn’t realise Mann was named at centre. If you think Watson keeps getting around 48-50mins then yes I’d hold. If you think Watson goes back to 40mins or so I’d sell.

Thanks re my team I could downgrade Peachey to Young or Schoupp to go Brailey to Ipap bit after the Ponga trade would have only 2 left so I may just hold off for now!

I will say, they are 2 ripper trades.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:06 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I'll speak for myself and myself alone. Your posts come across as if this forum is your own social media account. The constant and consistent focus purely on yourself clearly rubs people the wrong way.

The fact that so many people block your posts because they're sick of seeing it should tell you to tone it down but you get worse. Stay true to yourself that's fine, keep yourself happy but also start being mindful that you're pushing people away from the forum and people downvote your posts because there's multiple a day seemingly about the same thing. It's irritating af. You're copying advice from the good players and playing it off like you're a genius, then you're copying and pasting from other forums onto here. You say you're being yourself but all of it is other people's shit, do you even know who the real you is?

However I think the thing that truly pisses people off the most is you take this game WAY too seriously. Like it's life and death, you were threatening to throw your belongings at a wall if a player didn't get named. It would be funny if it wasn't serious, if the game is affecting you that much you need to reflect on what's important in life because being that worked up about something isn't healthy.

You need to take a minute to look at how you post and then grow up.

I've been holding off saying something for far too long.
    I am very hurt by what you say. Focus on myself is wrong. When I have time I help others and give them advice much more than what some others do on here and they don’t get called out for it.

You would not know what I post on my social media accounts and I certainly have never thought this place is my social media account at all.

Pushing people away please that’s ridiculous. We are all unique and no one is the same I am who I am. I came up with my stand and applaud line that’s my saying, everyone has their own sayings and that should be respected. I have tried toning down my passion re the Rabbitohs but here and there I’ll still come out with something as I am a passionate supporter. I also like applauding good things that happen in some other games.

I don’t think I repeatedly say the same thing one after the other and if I re post or re say something it’s as no one has replied to say thoughts etc... plenty of posters on here bump up their posts all the time. I don’t call them out for it I ignore it and don’t say anything as if you don’t have something nice to say it’s best to be quiet.

To imply I’m not a good fantasy player is also hurtful. I do get some good ideas from elite players but I have also made my own decisions eg Olakau’atu who people said don’t get but I went with my gut. Getting Manu was also a decision I made etc....

I talk on some other fantasy sites too I don’t get what’s the big deal about copying and pasting. I will now though be aware of font size.

Lastly I’m very competitive I get that from Dad any game I play I want to do very well that’s how I e always been and that should be respected. I do agree though in regards to this bet I made with this guy has made fantasy not as fun for me so I have learnt my lesson and won’t bet next year re fantasy.....
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:07 pm

Weiland wrote:Should I trade out Cleary at this point with the news he might be back in a couple of weeks?

I wouldn't. It made sense to me a couple of weeks ago to get Harris and with an uncertain rd20-22 return date. But now rd18 and looking to return in rd 20 I'd hold.
    toast
    toast

Post by toast Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:10 pm

69 update:

Rd 17:
    - A Johnston (Rabbitohs) 80min

Year to date total: 35
    Average per round: 2.1
    Rabbitohs have 5 scores of 69, the most by a club.

Something I realised recently is that the quotation marks when someone responds to a post look like a 69 inside a 69.

previous rounds:
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:12 pm

wolfking wrote:

Other end of the spectrum is if you're ranking is not great, go for it, get your final team and hold two trades for fun for any season enders and hope for the best.  Lots of ways to look at it.

Yeah that’s the way I’m leaning. Would you go Matto and SCrit to Fifita and IPap or Matto and Jones to Fifita and Mahoney?

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:33 am