NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 68 - #Kevvie

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 68 - #Kevvie - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 68 - #Kevvie

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:08 am

Looks like a few HIAs kept Turpin out there all game, that’s just typical after a sell.
    Standard game flow would have seen Paix take 30 minutes off him so I’m not overly grumpy.

Bringing ARey in for what I thought was going to be a 5 was harrowing. Happy with a 34 and hopefully that’s the lowest I’ll see from him all season.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 68 - #Kevvie - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 68 - #Kevvie

Post by Welsh Mafia Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:39 am

filthridden wrote:Whoever predicted Latrell would get a rest nailed it.

Well done @Rabbits21

Also with the Taffee call - nailed both.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:52 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Don’t own either but 41 Herbie and 51 Gamble as bang average backs in a team beaten 46 blot
    Impressive

The state of the Broncos though. Jesus. Poor Kevvie has to be one of the worst club 1st grade coaches we’ve seen for a while.

I still can’t fathom how on earth Gamble got 4 points in the one game I was willing to put him in my 17. Every other game bar 1, he has gone 40+

This late call up last week for Gamble could be key for me getting Fifita & gun WFB post Origin, some nice unexpected price rises

Last edited by Camo123 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 am

Aardvark wrote:I would like to acknowledge that Kevvie is far less of a first grade coach than I thought he was. Surely they have got to get him some help...he’s a vibes man ffs

I never expected him to be a good coach, but I thought he'd get them playing somewhat competitively. Instead, he's making some bizarre decisions and doesn't seem to have any conviction in anything he's doing. Flip flopping week to week on who he thinks should be in the side is not a good start. Can't seem to get anything right in terms of substitutions..

In part, I think he's way over his head, and in part, I think the problems run way deeper.

I feel like he came in with a great belief in himself to instill the old "Broncos" culture and things would take care of themselves from there. Get some old boys in around him and wala, the lads would showcase their ability. He saw a talented group that just needed a bit of motivation and belief. He thought he could challenge the players to be better each week and they'd respond. Instead it was all talk. They haven't responded. They don't have it in them as a group at the moment. They're mentally shot. And he's got nothing in the tank now. He's used all the sprays he can use.

Its probably going to get worse for the rest of the season.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:55 am; edited 3 times in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 am

Camo123 wrote:

I still can’t fathom how on earth Gamble got 4 points in the one game I was willing to put him in my 17. Every other game bar 1, he has gone 40+
    Also what happened to Sitili? Niggle from the last game hasn’t quite come right? Thank god for Jones
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:01 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Also what happened to Sitili? Niggle from the last game hasn’t quite come right? Thank god for Jones

Nothing on Roosters site

The only thing I see is the team list update on nrl site saying Tupouniua (foot) is out
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:14 am

The only thing I've read re Sitili was in wacko where he said he had a foot injury but had trained & would play so it was a massive surprise he was wrong Very Happy

At least it's good to know why he scored shite last week.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:32 am

229/4 

Good start lads
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:34 am

Suaalii playing means I can't loop in Gamble. Damn.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:39 am

my tv broke wrote:

I never expected him to be a good coach, but I thought he'd get them playing somewhat competitively. Instead, he's making some bizarre decisions and doesn't seem to have any conviction in anything he's doing. Flip flopping week to week on who he thinks should be in the side is not a good start. Can't seem to get anything right in terms of substitutions..

In part, I think he's way over his head, and in part, I think the problems run way deeper.

I feel like he came in with a great belief in himself to instill the old "Broncos" culture and things would take care of themselves from there. Get some old boys in around him and wala, the lads would showcase their ability. He saw a talented group that just needed a bit of motivation and belief. He thought he could challenge the players to be better each week and they'd respond. Instead it was all talk. They haven't responded. They don't have it in them as a group at the moment. They're mentally shot. And he's got nothing in the tank now. He's used all the sprays he can use.

Kevvie looked shot last night in the presser. Talked about a 2-3 week plan. Reckon he's under the pump from the new CEO as well.

We're still paying the price for the Darius culture that was allowed to develop amongst the young guys. Unfortunately we'll have to surgically remove it now.

Kevvie problem is that he's just not that smart but thinks he's clever. You can see how much he struggles with his language and using the right words.

Broncos have definitely gone backwards this year and there's still a lot more pain to come unfortunately.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:44 am

Pain wrote:We're still paying the price for the Darius culture that was allowed to develop amongst the young guys.  Unfortunately we'll have to surgically remove it now.  

yup this is where the problems started. handing out stupid deals to players without any forward planning. mgmt asleep at the wheel. never recruited anyone of note, just had some misguided belief that the juniors would just be stars that wanted to play for the Broncos. The way the Bennett situation was handled was terrible, but the problems began when he was there.

Signing Jack Bird on 800k with no real position in mind was a huge alarm bell. Boyd four year deal. They gave Gillett a four year deal when he was already past his best. Macca was seemingly untouchable for years on years without ever delivering anything. Thaiday was afforded way too much time when his last few years were pretty bad. During those periods they passed on opportunities to recruit key players because they had no room to move and "it just wasnt the Broncos way".

Its surprising how White/Morris and co really get no heat over what has happened to the club, but i guess that's newscorp

/ok i'll shut up now.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:01 am

my tv broke wrote:

yup this is where the problems started. handing out stupid deals to players without any forward planning. mgmt asleep at the wheel. never recruited anyone of note, just had some misguided belief that the juniors would just be stars that wanted to play for the Broncos. The way the Bennett situation was handled was terrible, but the problems began when he was there.

Signing Jack Bird on 800k with no real position in mind was a huge alarm bell. Boyd four year deal. They gave Gillett a four year deal when he was already past his best. Macca was seemingly untouchable for years on years without ever delivering anything. Thaiday was afforded way too much time when his last few years were pretty bad. During those periods they passed on opportunities to recruit key players because they had no room to move and "it just wasnt the Broncos way".

Its surprising how White/Morris and co really get no heat over what has happened to the club, but i guess that's newscorp

/ok i'll shut up now.

Yep above you nailed it. I'm starting to wonder if they still deserve the support they get.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:02 am

filthridden wrote:Suaalii playing means I can't loop in Gamble. Damn.

He's not currently in the 17?? (still in the 19, but it's Keighran HLF, Verrills HOK, some complete randoms on the bench with Manu still at CTR)
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:15 am

Camo123 wrote:

He's not currently in the 17?? (still in the 19, but it's Keighran HLF, Verrills HOK, some complete randoms on the bench with Manu still at CTR)

Yeah I'll be keeping an eye on teamlists for this one. Will play Suaallii if he's reserve/out otherwise will bring Burton in.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:19 am

my tv broke wrote:

/ok i'll shut up now.

I think you should have put your hat in the ring for CEO. Not sure the Fanatics vote would have got you over the line but you sure as shit have a lot more of an idea than whoever is allegedly running the place. Absolute shambles and I can't believe I watch that shit every week.

Thought TPJ has been good at times this year, albeit inconsistent. If he is as toxic as rumours suggest though, maybe shipping him and Lodge is the right thing to do for both team morale and the salary cap. Lodge was good last night, thought he may be a plodder off the pace with the new rules but he was one of our best.

Anyway, if i send you my broncos merch can you dump it all on the front steps at Red Hill for me?
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:19 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Looks like a few HIAs kept Turpin out there all game, that’s just typical after a sell.
    Standard game flow would have seen Paix take 30 minutes off him so I’m not overly grumpy.

Bringing ARey in for what I thought was going to be a 5 was harrowing. Happy with a 34 and hopefully that’s the lowest I’ll see from him all season.

Could have been worse mate. I still have him and was laughing when he was 48 before 60 minutes then kev went all kev and made him a half who doesn’t kick for the rest of the game in a team getting smashed. Was looking like a 60 pointer
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:22 am

my tv broke wrote:

I tend to think this is fairly accurate - but I also don't think that's a slight on Kevvie.
    In fact, that is exactly what was required and there were glimpses of hope but it is becoming ineffective on blokes that are now devoid of confidence.
    A couple of earlier wins (e.g. against the Panthers) and things might be a different story but the recent drubbing's, on the back of last years spoon mean that we need to keep dropping decent players that have lost confidence (Milf, Isaako, Niu, Oates etc.) and in other cases we are now moving on.

It could get worse before it get's better but unlike last season where this happened during the final few rounds, to me there is still an opportunity to finish the year strong.
    We aren't going to make the finals but our goal should purely be to finish the season strong (ala the Titans in 2020), so that we can make the club positive/attractive again and build over the off season.

my tv broke wrote:

/ok i'll shut up now.

It is way too simplistic and unfair on players to blame the roster.
    This isn't fantasy football and even the most average players on paper can start looking great when they come together as a team and start winning games.
    All the players you mentioned are proven good footballers......under the right environment.

Without seeing first hand what the culture was off the field, I tend to lay most of the blame on White/Morris and the management over the last 5 years or so.
    Obviously this is pure assumption but the way the Bennett saga played out is a fair indication the culture, which is driven from the top, was off the mark.

Hopefully that has been rectified (and unless you are involved we won't be privy to that) because if you get your off field stuff in order, the rest will follow.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:27 am

Also would it be too much to ask for TPJ to sign with a Rd 17 playing team?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:34 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Also would it be too much to ask for TPJ to sign with a Rd 17 playing team?
    Lodge and TPJ to Warriors 😂
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:39 am

Both Pain and MTB are spot on. Kev is and always was in way over his head. I totally agree with Pain, Kev isn't a smart guy, you can tell when he talks he's totally lost, and he's just not that switched on. Compare him to a Bellamy or Robbo speaking and it's night and day. The players obviously feel that too and that complete lack of knowledge and direction filters into the players.

Young men need that strong mentor like a Bennet, Bellamy, Robbo. Even Cleary and a couple of others you can sense they have that people management skill in their repertoire and that strong head the players can look to for guidance and support. Kev doesn't have that, you can see it. There's hay bails going through his head most of the time.

Unfortunately, it's no surprise the Broncos are worse again this year. I'm not sure what the answer is but Kev doesn't have it in him.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:29 pm