NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries?

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries? - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries?

Post by robelgordo Fri May 07, 2021 11:16 am

Mr Snrub wrote:

With Murray possibly unavailable for Game I I'd say definitely.

I was watching that fluffy show Vossy does the other day, and they actually had a rare insightful bit asking coaches about players who are “footy nerds” - watch a lot of games, know opposition well, know what to do and how to improve, etc.

And Bellamy nominated Finucane. Of all the current players he has at his disposal.

Based on that insight, I reckon he’s a big chance for Origin. Not as good as the other forwards in the mix on paper, but seems like a guy who can do a job off the bench on limited prep at 110%.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries? - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries?

Post by robelgordo Fri May 07, 2021 11:18 am

The sad bit was Maguire nommed Keary from his Souths days. RIP Tigers.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 07, 2021 11:19 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Reminder that Roosters are missing their 1st choice second rower, 1st choice hooker, 2nd choice hooker, 3rd choice hooker, 3rd choice middle, 1st choice half, 2nd choice half, 1st choice winger, 3rd choice centre and only lost to this Melbourne side by 14. Souths plain and simple lacked resilience and lost the physical battle

Absolutely. Souths had their full pack except for Murray. They just didnt aim up.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri May 07, 2021 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri May 07, 2021 11:19 am

Just going through my team, I have the following non-R13 players:

Tohu
    Crichton
    Cleary
    Pap
    DiFi
    Teddy
    Schuster
    Walker
    Walsh
    Averillo

That leaves 11 for R13 (although Leniu, Roberts, Simpkin, Stefano all questionable)

Who's a hold and who's a trade out of that? Are we looking at Schuster and Walker as keepers at this point?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 07, 2021 11:21 am

robelgordo wrote:

I was watching that fluffy show Vossy does the other day, and they actually had a rare insightful bit asking coaches about players who are “footy nerds” - watch a lot of games, know opposition well, know what to do and how to improve, etc.

And Bellamy nominated Finucane. Of all the current players he has at his disposal.

Based on that insight, I reckon he’s a big chance for Origin. Not as good as the other forwards in the mix on paper, but seems like a guy who can do a job off the bench on limited prep at 110%.

And he also doesn't quit. If I was picking a team to play for my life tomorrow, Finucane would make it over more talented players
    Chris nz

Post by Chris nz Fri May 07, 2021 11:21 am

Stylebender wrote:

I got out of breathe reading this

Why were you reading it out loud lmao sorry didn't know everyone that was passionate about the sport also needed to be well educated says a lot about your character congratulations on being able to find faults in people I suggest spending more time trying to fix yours or identifying you have any in case you're still shitting roses
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri May 07, 2021 11:25 am

my tv broke wrote:

has anyone here max traded ?

cheer YESSSS!

No trades for me until rd 13 though. (bar major injury, I have cover for all positions atm)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 07, 2021 11:26 am

Chris nz wrote:

Why were you reading it out loud lmao sorry didn't know everyone that was passionate about the sport also needed to be well educated says a lot about your character congratulations on being able to find faults in people I suggest spending more time trying to fix yours or identifying you have any in case you're still shitting roses
    I hardly think pointing out the lack of the odd full stop makes him a bad guy.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri May 07, 2021 11:29 am

current team, no need for trades until rd 13:

Mahoney
    Ipap, Watson, Barnett
    DFifita, Lucy
    Cleary(c), Moses
    Bird, SCrichton
    Teddy, To'o, Laurie

JBrailey, Schuster, Brooks, Roberts
    SWalker, Lodge, Simpkin, Cini
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 am

Chris nz wrote:

One hundred percent doesn't take anything away from them they turned up done their job in a hell of a way the only argument is against a depleted side but they are all first-graders and I would beg to differ on the fact he didn't address it he addressed it for weeks even while getting positive results and I would think the whole fortnight was spent trying to address it weather the team responded correctly or not is a different argument all together but in Wayne's defense he is still semi-fresh in terms of years spent with the same group and I believe there may be a bigger gap in terms of who is a better chance coach than people think and I'm not loyal to either of them or any team they have been apart of wish Bellamy would move clubs to see consistent his records are in terms of head coaching

Yeah not having a crack mate, and maybe I used the wrong word in 'address', as I meant to fix it or arrest it. He comes off cool and under control by saying he saw it coming.

Souths finish 5 - 8 this year and bow out in the finals timidly imo.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 am

I’ve banked 3 and probably should’ve either max traded or banked 4-6. Feel the middle ground was the worst option.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 07, 2021 11:31 am

I love that one though, 'shitting roses', i'll bank that.

I have only saved two trades, not regretting or looking at it either. You roll with the punches. It's a shit year for fantasy, here we are.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri May 07, 2021 11:32 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Reminder that Roosters are missing their 1st choice second rower, 1st choice hooker, 2nd choice hooker, 3rd choice hooker, 3rd choice middle, 1st choice half, 2nd choice half, 1st choice winger, 3rd choice centre and only lost to this Melbourne side by 14. Souths plain and simple lacked resilience and lost the physical battle

Souths are a great front-runners team / flat-track bullies. If they feel like playing and momentum is in their favour, then they'll beat most teams.
    Unfortunately that doesn't really cut-it in finals football or against the big teams like Panthers/Storm who just won't allow them that momentum.

Despite being in "the hunt" for the last few years - they've had a soft underbelly the whole time and that doesn't seem to have changed.
    No offence to Souths but I don't see any premiership window for them at the moment.

IMO, most likely to win the Premiership this year are:
    Panthers
    Storm

(daylight)

Para
    Roosters

(more daylight)

Souths
    Raiders

(practically night time)
    Everyone else (I'm not going to name names for the Spoon contenders)
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Fri May 07, 2021 11:35 am

Going Stefano to Barnett this round. Allows me to go Welsh to Koro/Matto next round. Leniu stays because I can’t do anything at his price point
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri May 07, 2021 11:36 am

my tv broke wrote:

has anyone here max traded ?

The person (killing it) in first at the moment has banked two trades.

He's a bit of a trade-ho - but you can't argue that it's worked out well so far and given him an incredible squad value very quickly $13,934k.
    He'll need to trade a fair bit more to get good numbers for R13 (if that's his/her plan)
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri May 07, 2021 11:37 am

Different team mentality. Roosters have had one of the worst injury tolls for the last 2 years and Robinson just doesn't allow it to become an excuse and just rolls with the next man up mentality knowing they can do a job whereas Souffs just seem to roll over after a few troops go down. Interesting to see how it pans out the rest of the year for them
    Chris nz

Post by Chris nz Fri May 07, 2021 11:37 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I hardly think pointing out the lack of the odd full stop makes him a bad guy.

I had a pretty rough life growing up and definitely didn't get a good shot at a young age to learn worked my ass off since I was 14 however I never said he was a bad guy but why point something like that out I'm aware my puncuation and grammar is the exact opposite of perfect and I come on this forum for the same reason everybody else does I just don't understand why you would make a smart ass comment to someone who has not tried to belittle someone else or proclaim to be anything they are not to be honest just a touchy subject as it is a little embarrassing at times being behind in certain areas of life and without knowing somebody's Story or anything about them why take the piss really ?
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Fri May 07, 2021 11:39 am

Toss up between grabbing Walsh for the cash gen or Cini to cover centre, and be able to play 17 this week. Neither fills me with much confidence RE JS, but Cini is cheaper, leaves $191k ITB for later upgrades.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri May 07, 2021 11:42 am

easytiger wrote:

The person (killing it) in first at the moment has banked two trades.

He's a bit of a trade-ho - but you can't argue that it's worked out well so far and given him an incredible squad value very quickly $13,934k.
    He'll need to trade a fair bit more to get good numbers for R13 (if that's his/her plan)

How do you work this out? or did he post his progress somewhere?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 07, 2021 11:45 am

Chris nz wrote:

I had a pretty rough life growing up and definitely didn't get a good shot at a young age to learn worked my ass off since I was 14 however I never said he was a bad guy but why point something like that out I'm aware my puncuation and grammar is the exact opposite of perfect and I come on this forum for the same reason everybody else does I just don't understand why you would make a smart ass comment to someone who has not tried to belittle someone else or proclaim to be anything they are not to be honest just a touchy subject as it is a little embarrassing at times being behind in certain areas of life and without knowing somebody's Story or anything about them why take the piss really ?
    Fair call mate. 

Your fantasy skills should be all that matters around here. I used to wonder what I was doing here at times, I was rubbish at one point I think I even traded in Tom Symonds against the forum advice.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:59 pm