NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - TLT Return of the MILF

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - TLT Return of the MILF - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - TLT Return of the MILF

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:54 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Teddy has been rated the best defensive fullback of all time by Slater. That's all you need to know about his ability

wait what where? Teddy's defence is lets him down in the 'greatest fullback of all time' discussion for mine, don't get me wrong he's good, but he has a few too many Darius Boyd-like attempts in him to be considered great at it, Slater shits all-over him defensively every day of the week and twice on Sunday, you could put together defensive highlight reels of Billy more amazing than the vast majority of fullbacks attacking highlight reels.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - TLT Return of the MILF - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - TLT Return of the MILF

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Boring and meandering as fuck? Who gives a shit, he gets the job done. Was one of NSW's best last year, absolutely immense in getting their sets started and was taking like 24 odd carries a game. Good under a high ball too which you need when coming up against Coates.

Probably should've meandered his way to less carries or something then. Got our asses kicked by some reserve grade team Laughing

Darius Boyd scored a bunch of tries on the wing, so I don't really give a shit if it's Tupou or To'o Laughing
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:57 pm

Until To'o shows he can handle the high bomb, no chance he's in over Tupou vs Coates
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:57 pm

surmo13 wrote:

wait what where? Teddy's defence is lets him down in the 'greatest fullback of all time' discussion for mine, don't get me wrong he's good, but he has a few too many Darius Boyd-like attempts in him to be considered great at it, Slater shits all-over him defensively every day of the week and twice on Sunday, you could put together defensive highlight reels of Billy more amazing than the vast majority of fullbacks attacking highlight reels.

Do you know what a fullback's job is defensively? The main role is to organise the numbers in the defensive line, and Teddy is immense at doing that. They've been one of the best defensive side for years....
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:58 pm

Welshy wrote:Until To'o shows he can handle the high bomb, no chance he's in over Tupou vs Coates

Exactly. Buddy got exposed in the broncos game
    Daveboy
    Daveboy

Post by Daveboy Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:58 pm

As this is my first year, I’m getting confused with bye rounds and origin
    How many origin players do you tend to hold as opposed to trading them out and back in again?
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:00 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Probably should've meandered his way to less carries or something then. Got our asses kicked by some reserve grade team Laughing

Darius Boyd scored a bunch of tries on the wing, so I don't really give a shit if it's Tupou or To'o Laughing

Not sure how Tupou nailing his job links to getting their asses kicked lol.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:04 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Do you know what a fullback's job is defensively? The main role is to organise the numbers in the defensive line, and Teddy is immense at doing that. They've been one of the best defensive side for years....

i mean that's part of it, but a fullback's organizing capabilities don't mean shit if the blokes he's instructing can't tackle to save themselves, the Roosters unit has been solid defensively because they've been built that way, and Teddy's part of it, but to lay the Roosters defensive record squarely on his shoulders is a stretch
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:08 pm

Daveboy wrote:As this is my first year, I’m getting confused with bye rounds and origin
    How many origin players do you tend to hold as opposed to trading them out and back in again?

It kinda depends on person & how risky they are

I did none in 2019 but probably should have done Cook

Ideally the Origin players you want to trade are those they may see rest/lower mins through Origin period (usually Teddy and maybe Crichton this year)

I think guys like Cleary, Fifita would unlikely get a rest and would still be holds

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:23 pm

surmo13 wrote:

i mean that's part of it, but a fullback's organizing capabilities don't mean shit if the blokes he's instructing can't tackle to save themselves, the Roosters unit has been solid defensively because they've been built that way, and Teddy's part of it, but to lay the Roosters defensive record squarely on his shoulders is a stretch

to add to this, quickly scanning the NRL ladders of the past, the Tigers were ass defensively under his watch, not something you'd want on the resume if that's your argument.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:23 pm

Walkers signed Levi and played him off the bench immediately.
    From all reports he was signed to provide more attacking spark out of dummy half and he did that.

Is there anything to suggest he'll get fewer minutes or will lose his bench role other than what fantasy coaches want? I don't see it. Turpin has become unplayable in the 17 for someone worth $600k and has to go.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:35 pm

Feel like getting Verrills and starting him is the play this week. (provided he starts irl)
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:36 pm

And Teddy plays
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:40 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:Capewell should be available for r13 no?

I'm pretty sure he's origin bound

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:00 pm

eh shit, a coach on record as saying 'i don't want to play him every week' is a bridge too far of a risk, but i feel like it's gunna be one of those situations where Walsh's form demands him to keep being selected and i end up regretting not pulling the trigger.
    Daveboy
    Daveboy

Post by Daveboy Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:10 pm

Camo123 wrote:

It kinda depends on person & how risky they are

I did none in 2019 but probably should have done Cook

Ideally the Origin players you want to trade are those they may see rest/lower mins through Origin period (usually Teddy and maybe Crichton this year)

I think guys like Cleary, Fifita would unlikely get a rest and would still be holds

Ok, I have Cook, Haas, Fifita, Crichton, Cleary, Tedesco, Turbo? Papy?

Turbo always planned to trade out anyway. Papy might go this week and get back after origin
    I suppose the others need someone to come in who can score close to them
    TBO

Post by TBO Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:

Can I just say when will NSW realise just pick one fullback in your team, 2 centres (who are centres / not fullbacks playing centre or 5.8ths playing centre), and believe it or not how about picking two wingers who are genuine wingers. Hands down you do this and you win Origin almost every time. Also is Tedesco a bit overrated. It's easy to be called the best player in the game when you play for elite teams ALL the time like the Rooster / NSW / Australia. Little bit harder to be amazing all the time when you loose your play makers + hooker. I actually rate Turbo and Ponga above him. Can you image if Ponga or Turbo was playing in a Melbourne or Roosters team over the last 4 years.

Anyway my NSW backline.

Cleary / Luai
    Lomax / Staggs (if fit)
    To'o / Addo Carr or Topou
    Turbo

Luai played for Junior Kiwis. Ineligible for Origin.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:14 pm

TBO wrote:

He was in the NSW squad last year.
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:14 pm

TBO wrote:

He’s in the 30 man ‘development’ squad for the blues already. What are these SOO rules you speak of Mad
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:16 pm

Really struggling with the Walsh/Curran decision. I think I will go with Walsh this week and if Curran gets another good score then I might look to bring him in for Stefano/Alvaro. Does anyone know Currans breakeven?

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:30 pm