NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 41 - Didn't see that coming!

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 41 - Didn't see that coming! - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 41 - Didn't see that coming!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:31 pm

poisoncup wrote:What are the chances of Roberts being dropped this week? Obviously he's been abysmal and deserves to be dropped, but that's been the case after pretty much every round. Will Madge finally do it this week?

Also, I've got Tedesco in my team and it seems as though the chances of him playing are next to 0 given how we've treated concussions lately, on top of his recent history with them.

Not much to replace Roberts with. Basically shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic at WT HQ. Massive issues within the place at present. board is massive split too, things going to get much worse.

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 41 - Didn't see that coming! - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 41 - Didn't see that coming!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:32 pm

mattnz wrote:A few weeks ago I was really worried that SOS was going to be this season's Fogarty, grabbed Walker and Schuster the weeks they both started, couldn't grab SOS as well, so let him go by. Feeling very fortunate to have missed him now.

as some-one who bought SOS, he made me 158k in a month, obviously i'd like him to keep playing and get more, but if he's done, i'd make that trade again 100 times out of 100 knowing how it ends.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:34 pm

Why was SOS out? *sorry I missed the news)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:35 pm

Holy Moly wrote:Why was SOS out? *sorry I missed the news)

no-one seems to know, so it's assumed he just got dropped.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:36 pm

B/L wrote:

Put a fork in me. I'm done.

I must say this revelation has come as a shock.

Each and every year for the last 10 or so years you've waited till after Origin/Byes to announce that you have more trades left than anyone else and are ready to strike at number one, only to predictably fizzle back into the pack once again.

I'm calling it now and saying that you actually being humble and realistic for the first time in the history of forever will see you reap some rewards and finish well.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:37 pm

surmo13 wrote:

no-one seems to know, so it's assumed he just got dropped.

Damn, that sux. At least he made some cash. See if he is there tomorrow.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:44 pm

surmo13 wrote:

as some-one who bought SOS, he made me 158k in a month, obviously i'd like him to keep playing and get more, but if he's done, i'd make that trade again 100 times out of 100 knowing how it ends.
    Assuming he is out for good, would happily have Walker and Schuster over SOS every time. Couldn't kill the rest of the team to pick up 3 cheap halves in 2 weeks.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:52 pm

Looking at getting really Poddy. Trading out Alvaro and Turpin to bring in TPJ and McGuire. Both seem to be hitting form at just the right time and need some strong mids to start bringing in decent scores, instead of having to play Alvaro and / or Uto each week. Both have dropped in price from start of season and both have different roles from those they started with and are on their way back up. Both play round 13 as well.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:56 pm

mattnz wrote:Looking at getting really Poddy. Trading out Alvaro and Turpin to bring in TPJ and McGuire. Both seem to be hitting form at just the right time and need some strong mids to start bringing in decent scores, instead of having to play Alvaro and / or Uto each week. Both have dropped in price from start of season and both have different roles from those they started with and are on their way back up. Both play round 13 as well.

Quite a few on here already have TPJ. Go for McGuire please.

(When I say "quite a few", I mean me and mtvb, but surely that's enough for you to steer clear?)
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:35 pm

B/L wrote:I have

Teddy Pappy Momo Tino Curran SOS

Turpin losing cash fast but can't trade him
    Leniu bleeding cash
    Jet bleeding cash, might get dropped and cost me 10 points a week.
    Simpkin about to lose 80 mins

Put a fork in me. I'm done.

I feel the same. Just a couple of weeks ago I thought my backline was decent.

Niu Momo

Teddy Paps Latrell

286 points

On the weekend that combo was worth 6 points.

Never had a team so munted in over a decade of this torturous game. Lodges hammy round 1 was a sign of things to come. Round 2 first trade in of Davey worked out a treat. Host turned into a ghost. Round 3 wham bam thank you Lam. Round 4 was double Sitillis score as he was also seeing double. Round 5 had my best week because no one was injured/suspended/dropped-at birth. Round 6 Niu dropped can I have his qld cup score. Liddle dropped, Riki benched. Round 7 Latrell & Momo too busy kung fu fighting. Paps broken like my spirit. Teddy MIA followed by HIA, Riki back starting but is now a bird. Turnip. SOS I have SOS.

Hello round 8  darkness my old friend.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:47 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I guess if Walsh gets SOS’s spot then that’s a pretty simple trade and well priced WFB cover for a while
    Is there any concern he may use his spot when CHT is back?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:49 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on CHN vs Billy Burns?

CHN is obviously a much better player, but plays in a stacked Raiders pack, costs quite a bit more, and doesn't play the first bye

Burns isn't quite as good, but seems to have won that edge spot on merit and has less competition, costs less, and plays the first bye.

Billy Burns JS is very shaky. I wouldn’t buy him.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:52 pm

LAM and SOS > Haas and Moses seems a no brainer right ????
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:54 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:LAM and SOS > Haas and Moses seems a no brainer right ????

More of a no brainer than me bringing in Cleary a few weeks back..... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 pm

Welshy wrote:

More of a no brainer than me bringing in Cleary a few weeks back..... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
    Yeah figure as much just feel I,m tempting the Fantasy gods.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:01 am

DarkKnight wrote:

I feel the same. Just a couple of weeks ago I thought my backline was decent.

Niu Momo

Teddy Paps Latrell

286 points

On the weekend that combo was worth 6 points.

Never had a team so munted in over a decade of this torturous game. Lodges hammy round 1 was a sign of things to come. Round 2 first trade in of Davey worked out a treat. Host turned into a ghost. Round 3 wham bam thank you Lam. Round 4 was double Sitillis score as he was also seeing double. Round 5 had my best week because no one was injured/suspended/dropped-at birth. Round 6 Niu dropped can I have his qld cup score. Liddle dropped, Riki benched. Round 7 Latrell & Momo too busy kung fu fighting. Paps broken like my spirit. Teddy MIA followed by HIA, Riki back starting but is now a bird. Turnip. SOS I have SOS.

Hello round 8  darkness my old friend.

Geez that gave me a good laugh.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:09 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Is there any concern he may use his spot when CHT is back?

CHT almost definately starts when he's back, but there's 2 months worth of price rises before that bridge has to be crossed and by that time Walsh could force Slaps McGee to make a different spot for him.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:11 am

Planning trades for next two weeks...

W1 Turpin to CHN, Roberts to Walsh 441k bank

W2 Niu to Api. Optional second trade of Simo to Verrills, Blore or a cover cow centre (Cini?) if one turns up.

Even Kenny has been scoring 50+ in base for the Panthers, Api should easily exceed that with his added running game. Should be a bit cheaper next week, but can afford him even if he goes bananas.

With Roberts, it means no centre cover, but it's not worth holding for the sake of an extra 8 to 15 points in the event of my starters being out.

CHN might have job security issues, but he's a good player so gambling on him holding the spot as long as he stays out of trouble off-field.

Warriors seem to really rate Walsh, so you'd think he keeps his spot somehow. When team's at full strength would be judgement call on whether to play him or Laurie, but Laurie gone after round 13 anyway.

10 or 11 round 13 players, which is a bit low, but would pick up another 3 or 4 in round 12 as long as I've banked some trades.

Leaves a team with a playable 20/21 with lots of flexibility that hopefully I don't have to touch until the round before byes unless there's a long-term injury or TPJ cops a five-week suspension

Brailey
    TPJ, Watson, Crichton
    Fifita, Schuster
    Cleary, Moses
    Peachey, Hampton
    Ted, Papi, Laurie/Walsh
    Koroisau, CHN, Simpkin, Walker
    Kamikamica, Lodge, Walsh/Laurie, Simo/Verrils/Blore/Cow
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:44 am

Current guys I have who don’t or are unlikely to play round 13 are: Haas, Angus, D. Fifita, Cleary, Schuster, Teddy, Pap, Hampton, S. Walker, Simonsson..... have to figure out who out of those I trade to to round 13 players but I’m struggling!

Current round 13 players: Macca, Watson, Alvaro, Roberts, Bird, Laurie, Brailey, Turpin, Simpkin, Uto and Leniu.

Roberts, Turpin, and one of Uto or Leniu I may need to trade out. Issue with guys like Verrills and Walsh is they don’t play round 13 if I bring them in for some of these guys!
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:45 am

I have to stop trading! Last week I only had 17 players, Teddy was one of those, and still scored 971. My biggest problem is having to play both Alvaro and Uto again if Teddy or Paps are out. If both out I will be forced to trade. Only 24 trades left and 11 players for Rd 13 (thankfully none called Roberts). I’m holding Momirovski at present, I’m not sure he walks straight back into his old position though.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:47 pm