NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

Moanaman
    Moanaman

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

Post by Moanaman Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:might just go King Gutho and be done with it till after round 13.

That's not a bad call at all!

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:44 pm

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 6 6d2210

Kane Lives!!!!!!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:44 pm

Tell me what you think of my team

The Brotherhood of Pod

Macca
    Sutton, Lodge, Jazz
    Wright, Schuster
    (C)leary, Luai
    Ramien, Hampton
    Farnsworth, Aekins, Laurie

Croft, Wilton, Curran, Simpkin

Olakau'atu
    Verrills
    Null Null
    Greig

11k Tiberiums in the coffers
    biguceman
    biguceman

Post by biguceman Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:44 pm

I'm up against it this week and need to play either Fusi or Saab.... Rolling Laugh

Who is less bad this round guys?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:46 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

We had those options for the community team and Moses/Trbo won in a landslide. Had the option of Riki/Niu to Ponga and Verrills, didn't require trading Pap or anything.

Good intel thanks.

im trading out Trell and Riki. I mean alternatively, i could go 16 this week and go Verrills and anyone i want (haas or harris) But that doesn't make sense.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:47 pm

Erin Moleman wrote:

Knowing fanhub probably next week after he plays this weekend

Haha yeah good point
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:48 pm

Kane wrote:Tell me what you think of my team

The Brotherhood of Pod

Macca
    Sutton, Lodge, Jazz
    Wright, Schuster
    (C)leary, Luai
    Ramien, Hampton

Olakau'atu
    Verrills
    Null Null
    Greig

Big fan of this haha

This team hurts my head and wouldn’t even know where to start. Probably ranked higher than me too 😂
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I like To'o but I couldn't spend 200k more on him I don't think.

I can afford it with the trades I'm planning to make, having Ipap, Lucy, and To'o in the team makes for good entertainment pirat
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:50 pm

Chewie wrote:

I can afford it with the trades I'm planning to make, having Ipap, Lucy, and To'o in the team makes for good entertainment pirat

Fair call mate. Should be good watching anyway
    Daveboy
    Daveboy

Post by Daveboy Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:50 pm

Chewie wrote:I got cold feet... reverse traded Turbo, just gut feel...
    I'm going with To'o instead.

I was thinking the same but if I go Turbo over To'o, I can get Harris next week which I think gives a better overall outcome
    Need a wfb to play 17 this week
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:55 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Good intel thanks.

im trading out Trell and Riki. I mean alternatively, i could go 16 this week and go Verrills and anyone i want (haas or harris) But that doesn't make sense.

Yeah hands are tied on needing a WFB.

Verrills scores are ugly when playing less than 60, and with Marschke named on the bench, it doesn't seem a bad idea to wait.

Ponga's price isn't far off his peak of 861k from last year.. could surpass it, but nature of WFBs and all.. Hoping Trbo can go somewhat close for over 300k cheaper.

and Moses bottomed out and playing Rd 13 seems pretty good.

Last edited by WT Winfield on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:56 pm

Kane wrote:Tell me what you think of my team

The Brotherhood of Pod

Macca
    Sutton, Lodge, Jazz
    Wright, Schuster
    (C)leary, Luai
    Ramien, Hampton

Olakau'atu
    Verrills
    Null Null
    Greig

I think you chose a great name lol!

....with the added comment that it's probably ahead of my rabble
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:06 pm

Jele wrote:@Teeth Eater , thanks for your (long) reply on the Cleary ownership question.  Bottom line is you have to enjoy the game, and if not having Cleary is ruining your enjoyment then get him in (Snatchpato's logic I think).  

All I was saying (and MS before me  cheer ) is you're not going to catch up by bringing him in now but you're just hoping not to fall further behind. The fact that 999 out of the current top 1,000 have him makes perfect sense given he has been on an all time tear.  By not bringing him in, you'd be hoping the $1.1m you spend on Cleary could be spent elsewhere on better value guys who can deliver more points collectively.  And if Cleary does cool down, you get to catch up some of that lost ground.

ps I lost a H2H on the weekend with Cleary captain, to a team without him Embarassed. Probably says more about the rest of my team than anything else...

Exactly right mate. I don't play fantasy to win, I play to add enjoyment to the games. Lately I've been hating watching the Panthers, which is criminal in such a dynamic and exciting side.

The downside is no Papy of course, but Papy is not nearly as terrifying to watch as Cleary because a) he can have quiet games, and b) not everyone has him.

Gunna be a good weekend of footy, time to enjoy it now lads!
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:08 pm

Sorry all I've probably missed this convo, but with the Chad moving to Townsville is Hampton likely to get dropped? Or is the move pencilled in for 2022 not immediately?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:13 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Sorry all I've probably missed this convo, but with the Chad moving to Townsville is Hampton likely to get dropped? Or is the move pencilled in for 2022 not immediately?

In for 2022, no plans to move sooner.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:20 pm

Will Herbie go bananas?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:21 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:I’m looping Stefano and S. Walker but may not have time to switch S. Walker in for Pap as I’ll be at work. If I have to make a decision in seconds what’s an acceptable score to take from Uto? If he scores less than 40 should I play S. Walker? If Uto scores 40 above then take it?

Any advice please.....

Firstly, make sure you go into the weekend setup to score whoever you are most confident in.
    So if you don't get time to loop you get whichever player you would pick normally

I'd definitely take a guaranteed 40 form either of those. Maybe even a 35+
    30-35 it comes down to how much risk you feel like taking on or whether you want a guarantee against Walker sucking.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:29 pm

BCT05 wrote:Have to start one of SOS or Walker and loop the other. Guessing Walker is the better one to start just given each opposition? Thoughts?
    I ran this in the thumbs up thread.
    It’s currently 10-3 to Walker.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:29 pm

Shady2K wrote:

I’d go Lomax too but it is Freddy after all

Also wouldn’t surprise me if Turbo decides to sit out Origin to get his body right

Thats what Turbo will say if he is dropped Razz
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:32 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Whispers that both Koroisau and Edwards are in for Panthers, Walker to play fullback with Marshall 6 and Reece Walsh to debut
    Walker at fullback is interesting in the Souths system. Won't be lazy like latrell can be either.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:18 am