NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 37 - Removed the swear word.

Holzman
    Holzman

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 37 - Removed the swear word. - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 37 - Removed the swear word.

Post by Holzman Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:34 pm

White Lightning wrote:

First of all Welcome  bro

In rounds 13 & 17 they are split rounds - 8 teams play round 13 & the other 8 teams play round 17
    Rounds 13 teams that play:
    Dragons v Broncos
    Wests v Panthers
    Storm v Titans
    Knights v Eels

All the other teams have a bye & note some players that play origin from the above could get a rest e.g. D. Fifita will play origin & the Titans could rest him in round 13. However origin players are always keen to back up so probably all will back up for their clubs.

Thanks been reading up over the weeks to get some tips so decide to join up and join in. Im a AFL guy but starting to enter into NRL as alot of my friends follow it.

Brailey
    Watson Harris Utoikamanu
    Crichton Fifita
    Cleary Schuster
    Peachey Bird
    Papenhuyzen Tedesco Laurie

Simpkin
    Cook
    Leniu
    Walker
    Moylan
    Topine
    Roberts

Im abit cooked then, do you need to field the whole team and the INT or is it just the starting guys?

Might need to keep Leniu who i was looking to dump. Could go a guy who plays round 13 over harris but im guessing he might be a good get regardless.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 37 - Removed the swear word. - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 37 - Removed the swear word.

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:37 pm

Might just keep it simple this week;

Niu - Hampton
    Riki - Haas (Maybe IPap depending on Matto)

106K left over.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:38 pm

Khany wrote:Yeah, doesn't look like niu is returning anytime soon

I think next to no chance, especially with Staggs only a few weeks away.
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:39 pm

wolfking wrote:Might just keep it simple this week;

Niu - Hampton
    Riki - Haas (Maybe IPap depending on Matto)

106K left over.

expecting Haas to drop a monster at some point?

seems to be abit disappointing soo far. Might be tough to score with whats going on with Brisbane
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:40 pm

I think my trades are pretty much set this week. The following is assuming that Papy is out, and Riki and Niu do not get their spots back.

Riki and Leniu out for Lomax and a cheapie (likely Verrills or Blore). Would leave me with the following side this week.

Brailey
    Welch, Watson, Angus
    Fifita, Schuster
    (C)leary, Moses
    Lomax, Bird
    Teddy, Doueihi, Laurie

Simpkin, Alvaro, Uto, Blore/Verrills

Walker, Papy, Momo, Niu

PS: If we don't get Verrills or Blore as cheapie options this week, I may give Leniu one more chance, as I can afford to go from Riki to Lomax in one trade.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm

Holzman wrote:

seems to be abit disappointing soo far. Might be tough to score with whats going on with Brisbane  

Penrith contained him really well and still got 56 points. It's a case where you can find value elsewhere, but at some point you want him. I have the money and my MID's suck so, seems like the most sensible option. His BE can easily be achievable.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:44 pm

Hmm pap questionable and so is simmo with concussion protocols.. might need to trade in a wfb
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:46 pm

wolfking wrote:

Penrith contained him really well and still got 56 points.  It's a case where you can find value elsewhere, but at some point you want him.  I have the money and my MID's suck so, seems like the most sensible option.  His BE can easily be achievable.

hmm interesting, i didnt play last year but going on his price i assume he was one of the best players in the game.

I was originally bringing in Harris Bird but I guess I could go Haas Hampton
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:46 pm

Think you can afford to wait one more week on Haas if you don't own him. At some point he is going to put up a monster and you will want to be on board to collect the points. Picking him up for ~100k less than starting price next week will be my plan
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:48 pm

Holzman wrote:

Thanks been reading up over the weeks to get some tips so decide to join up and join in. Im a AFL guy but starting to enter into NRL as alot of my friends follow it.

Brailey
    Watson Harris Utoikamanu
    Crichton Fifita
    Cleary Schuster
    Peachey Bird
    Papenhuyzen Tedesco Laurie

Simpkin
    Cook
    Leniu
    Walker
    Moylan
    Topine
    Roberts

Im abit cooked then, do you need to field the whole team and the INT or is it just the starting guys?

Might need to keep Leniu who i was looking to dump. Could go a guy who plays round 13 over harris but im guessing he might be a good get regardless.

Keep in mind any player selected for origin will also miss round 13 and 17 even if their team plays. Clubs like Roosters and Melbourne tend to rest origin players the week after making them a no go for 14/18 as well
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:49 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Think you can afford to wait one more week on Haas if you don't own him. At some point he is going to put up a monster and you will want to be on board to collect the points. Picking him up for ~100k less than starting price next week will be my plan

I need a gun MID this week though, that's the issue. Could run Alvaro and Stefan one more week though.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:50 pm

WT2K wrote:Hmm pap questionable and so is simmo with concussion protocols.. might need to trade in a wfb

That's why I'll look at the Niu to Hampton.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:52 pm

wolfking wrote:

I need a gun MID this week though, that's the issue.  Could run Alvaro and Stefan one more week though.

At some point, you want to prioritise points over dollars. Getting on Haas one week early is probably better than one week late
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:53 pm

Holzman wrote:

hmm interesting, i didnt play last year but going on his price i assume he was one of the best players in the game.

I was originally bringing in Harris Bird but I guess I could go Haas Hampton

Thats a good point, you just saw my squad though, I dont think i can afford to get in Harris and then get Haas anytime soon.

The only way i could do it is to move on guys like Cook. Im kinda abit stuck on how to do the whole cash generation thing besides jumpig on rookies. I have typcially been letting guys go up to 350k then dumping them 220k guys and then slowly buiding a war chest.

thats how i got the cash to get in Haas or Harris this week.

loving all the tips though guys, i really need it, to hold on to my relatively hot start. I know basically nothing about NRL i couldnt name a single player before round 1 so learning lots on here.

edit

quoted the wrong message. was responding to the post about getting Haas after Harris

Last edited by Holzman on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:56 pm

I'm thinking it makes more sense to trade Riki and Tino before Milford ?

Tino - sits down for 2 weeks. Plays origin.
    Riki - loses money if bench role continues.
    Milford - may or may not be back soon.

I've also got BS9 who might be a trade soon but at least not for this week.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:59 pm

If I don't get turbo I know he'll put me in a world of hurt. Looking like him and Harris this week.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:01 pm

Holzman wrote:

He's basically impervious to outside factors in relation to his scoring potential. In saying that though I think Kevvy has told them to put the offloads away. So that combined with slightly lower mins may mean that 50s are more regular (hopefully not though as I'm sure he will get bigger min games).

On a side note, he is yet to hit under 50 in fantasy (excluding his low min intro a few years back)
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:02 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Think you can afford to wait one more week on Haas if you don't own him. At some point he is going to put up a monster and you will want to be on board to collect the points. Picking him up for ~100k less than starting price next week will be my plan

Yeah I'm looking at a LAM to Haas trade next week
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:03 pm

Holzman wrote:

Thats a good point, you just saw my squad though, I dont think i can afford to get in Harris and then get Haas anytime soon.

The only way i could do it is to move on guys like Cook. Im kinda abit stuck on how to do the whole cash generation thing besides jumpig on rookies. I have typcially been letting guys go up to 350k then dumping them 220k guys and then slowly buiding a war chest.

thats how i got the cash to get in Haas or Harris this week.

loving all the tips though guys, i really need it, to hold on to my relatively hot start. I know basically nothing about NRL i couldnt name a single player before round 1 so learning lots on here.

edit

quoted the wrong message.  was responding to the post about getting Haas after Harris

that's the problem, you're gonna have to pick one and run without the other for a while. I think I'd rather Haas over Harris in the long run. Taking a punt on IPap, he would keep up the gun scoring or revert back and it's a bit of a waste of a punt at this stage. That's why I'm also looking at guys like Brown or JFH but that also takes Harrs and Haas out of the equation for a while. Not sure I like that, regardless of byes.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:04 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:

He's basically impervious to outside factors in relation to his scoring potential. In saying that though I think Kevvy has told them to put the offloads away. So that combined with slightly lower mins may mean that 50s are more regular (hopefully not though as I'm sure he will get bigger min games).

On a side note, he is yet to hit under 50 in fantasy (excluding his low min intro a few years back)

I was suspect last week and was proven right by his 56, so 2 scores now in the 50's is a slight concern.  I'm not sure what's changing my mind though.  Wasn't fun watching him and not owning, but that could be said about a lot of players.

Last edited by wolfking on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:27 pm