NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

rectangle
    rectangle

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

Post by rectangle Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:54 am

mattnz wrote:
    Jurbo would have to be a contender to be dropped, currently there on reputation, certainly not on form.

100% he won't be dropped but i agree he's not playing at the level he used to and doesn't warrant to be in the SOO jersey.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

Post by Shady2K Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:56 am

bigbruno wrote:

Me too mate. I currently have SOS and Swalker missing out for a bench of: EGan, Turpin, Schuu, Liddle.

The Goat Boys wrote:
    SOS over Schuster potentially for me

WT2K wrote:

I'd probably go with SOS over Schuster

bigbruno wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys. I feel i'm making a mistake by leaving SCHUU and Swalker on the EMG's but I think whoever I leave there i'll have that feeling with - hah.

I’m probably leaning SOS over Schuster as well. Especially with the Warriors draw coming up

From mine I’d probably go Turpin Egan SOS Liddle (only cause Mbye is CTR) and leaving out Walker and Schuster

Probably a coin flip between Liddle and Schuster

Knowing my luck there’ll be a late switch with Mbye to the bench and he’ll eat Liddle’s minutes again
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:04 am

Shady2K wrote:

I’m probably leaning SOS over Schuster as well. Especially with the Warriors draw coming up

From mine I’d probably go Turpin Egan SOS Liddle (only cause Mbye is CTR) and leaving out Walker and Schuster

Knowing my luck there’ll be a late switch with Mbye to the bench and he’ll eat Liddle’s minutes again

Mbye came on for Twal, Liddle stayed at 9 until he was gassed and then came back on when he wasn't. Mbye spelled him he didnt eat into his minutes. Liddle just can't do 80 minutes week in and week out.
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:06 am

elltee wrote:Thoughts on the CTR position over the next few weeks. Im looking to bring in Rapa, Olam, Graham or Kelly. Who do we think has the most upside/potential? What would you order them in?

Im leaning towards Rapa just for the dual and averaging 6tb's a game.

I was just thinking about grabbing a third centre for cover (Niu to EMG) and R13. Interestingly Bird is the most appealing option to me.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:06 am

Shady2K wrote:

This is the way I've gone (although I have Hodgson and Riki, where you have Turpin and Egan) based on this week's opposition.

Tempted to swap Liddle with Stefano, probably my only consideration.

Otherwise, relatively boring week with no trades currently planned.

Twal gets a chance to prove last week was a one-off and I keep DWalker, who is providing cover for both my CTR and WFB (via Niu).
    elltee
    elltee

Post by elltee Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:09 am

Reklaw wrote:

I was just thinking about grabbing a third centre for cover (Niu to EMG) and R13. Interestingly Bird is the most appealing option to me.

My thoughts as well. I have Momo and Toohey Niu (Would bump him to EMG). Bird does look like he may have some value. Missed tackles is a bit of a concern.

Last edited by elltee on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 am

Honeysett wrote:

Mbye came on for Twal, Liddle stayed at 9 until he was gassed and then came back on when he wasn't. Mbye spelled him he didnt eat into his minutes. Liddle just can't do 80 minutes week in and week out.

Oh really? Thanks for that. That and Liddles score boosted by a try to get to 50 for 3 weeks means I’ll play Schuster instead - at least he’ll play 80
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:14 am

One trade for the round, Simonson to Walker. Trying to stay calm and save trades to go nuts around the byes. Rank 3470 atm. Captain Cleary atm but really tempted by Papz against the Dogs!

Will post in this in the Draftstars thread too, but if you're interested in try scorer markets - we've got odds comparison & historical as well as projected odds for first and time try scorers. Also Draftstars projections so you can see who may be good value in certain matchups.

Check out edge.sporttechdaily.com/nrl if you're interested.

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 41 Fts10
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:15 am

Honeysett wrote:

Nailed it.
    Based on last week, there's no way Liddle plays 80 lest he makes 20 missed tackles

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:17 am

easytiger wrote:

Nailed it.
    Based on last week, there's no way Liddle plays 80 lest he makes 20 missed tackles

Wouldn't be too surprised if Simpkin makes the bench come gameday
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:19 am

Michael Chammas
    @MichaelChammas
    BREAKING: Sydney Roosters captain Jake Friend has informed teammates he will retire from the NRL immediately. Sad end to a great career.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:21 am

How much will Cameron Smith be priced at?
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:24 am

Boozecluez wrote:How much will Cameron Smith be priced at?

same price as we the roosters will pay him, 250K Twisted Evil
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:24 am

my tv broke wrote:Michael Chammas
    @MichaelChammas
    BREAKING: Sydney Roosters captain Jake Friend has informed teammates he will retire from the NRL immediately. Sad end to a great career.

Crying or Very sad
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:24 am

Boozecluez wrote:How much will Cameron Smith be priced at?

Post of the year!
    Pubnation
    Pubnation

Post by Pubnation Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:39 am

I'm very hesitant to use trades as I'm worried about the players I bring in or any of my current players getting injured. I might need the trades to cover for them.

All my trades so far have been forced due to injuries (Lodge, Davey, Lam, Averillo).

This has resulted in me being very reactionary with my trades. I was still regretting and recovering from the shock after I traded Lodge to Davey, and waited 1 week too long on Lam to Schuster trade and copped huge demerits on points/price rises.

My 1 - 17 is solid but my emergencies aren't making any significant cash. I saw MTB's comment on Croker to SOS being a no brainer and now I'm pondering this trade as well, though I'm still leaning towards no trades this round.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, does anyone think saving trades and being reactionary when injuries strike could be a good ploy this season? (Especially given there's nothing to fix other than maybe cash generation). There's already been a load of injuries this season and somehow I managed to avoid the carnage last round. I might not be so lucky coming rounds. I read an article this morning from Ben Hunt and he says the game has become too fast and assumes is the main reason for all these injuries.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:46 am

Pubnation wrote:I'm very hesitant to use trades as I'm worried about the players I bring in or any of my current players getting injured. I might need the trades to cover for them.

All my trades so far have been forced due to injuries (Lodge, Davey, Lam, Averillo).

This has resulted in me being very reactionary with my trades. I was still regretting and recovering from the shock after I traded Lodge to Davey, and waited 1 week too long on Lam to Schuster trade and copped huge demerits on points/price rises.

My 1 - 17 is solid but my emergencies aren't making any significant cash. I saw MTB's comment on Croker to SOS being a no brainer and now I'm pondering this trade as well, though I'm still leaning towards no trades this round.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, does anyone think saving trades and being reactionary when injuries strike could be a good ploy this season? (Especially given there's nothing to fix other than maybe cash generation). There's already been a load of injuries this season and somehow I managed to avoid the carnage last round. I might not be so lucky coming rounds. I read an article this morning from Ben Hunt and he says the game has become too fast and assumes is the main reason for all these injuries.

I'm surprised that Lodge and Averillo were forced trades, given 2 week and 1 week injuries respectively.

I am a firm believer that you want to make the play as much as you can in this game...

I.e. be proactive rather than reactive
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:49 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:One trade for the round, Simonson to Walker. Trying to stay calm and save trades to go nuts around the byes. Rank 3470 atm. Captain Cleary atm but really tempted by Papz against the Dogs!

Will post in this in the Draftstars thread too, but if you're interested in try scorer markets - we've got odds comparison & historical as well as projected odds for first and time try scorers. Also Draftstars projections so you can see who may be good value in certain matchups.

Check out edge.sporttechdaily.com/nrl if you're interested.

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 41 Fts10

good to have LAM in my team Twisted Evil
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:50 am

Pubnation wrote:I'm very hesitant to use trades as I'm worried about the players I bring in or any of my current players getting injured. I might need the trades to cover for them.

Saving trades is always good but you do need to have a solid plan and solid targets to help you with improving your team. If you sit there waiting for injuries to happen you aren't really managing your team and the results won't be in your control. You could estimate that a certain % of your trades will be lost to injury and to mitigate this you could highlight targets at a range of prices and positions that you are happy to trade in.

Having sufficient cover is always helpful here, as it can offset having to make knee jerk trades to players you don't really want.

Sometime however you just get kicked in the nuts and have to trade, thats just the game and it shouldn't stop you actively managing your team.

Last edited by Aardvark on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:51 am

This will hurt down the track when you have poor team value and already so far behind you can't play catchup. can't spend the game worrying about injuries that may not ever happen.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:07 am