NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:54 pm

Welshy wrote:

Schuster and Walker mate

Who makes way?
    Archer
    Archer

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

Post by Archer Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:55 pm

Welshy wrote:

Happy now and Lodge returning is a bonus should make same money as LAM and Alvaro so sort of saved a trade there mate

I’ll sort it out before weekend mate, have to dig deep through my Friz illicit collection. But with LB sporting one then I might need to go back to the drawing board

Ok, at least now he's maybe up to being half as good as papa it won't feel as bad.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:57 pm

wolfking wrote:

Who makes way?

Lam and Averillo mate. Bank for Crichton - Cleary next week and sit for a while. Cleary for 13 this week*

*13 kicks at goal
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:58 pm

Archer wrote:

Ok, at least now he's maybe up to being half as good as papa it won't feel as bad.
    Tough because they are different positions. Definitely think I’d rather Frizz over Papa if I was team building
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:00 pm

Welshy wrote:

Lam and Averillo mate. Bank for Crichton - Cleary next week and sit for a while. Cleary for 13 this week*

*13 kicks at goal

Trading Crichton. Interesting.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:01 pm

Now I'm thinking about trading Milford. BE 28, tough run, not sure what other benefits he can produce. Looking at him or Liddle to Peachey if I do trade.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:01 pm

wolfking wrote:

I think him being 18th man must be a good thing.  I kind of want to see if we get more info.  I wouldn't be against holding him but we can't cling onto hope forever.

Yeah, I played it through in my head and I assumed that if Averillo was any chance of lining up at all this week he'd have been named at 6 with Lewis at 18, to come in if Averillo was unable to play. The fact that it's around the other way seems really unlikely he's any chance this week... but it's an intriguing thing.

I know it's happened before where people believe these random injuries that come from nowhere are sometimes a smokescreen to cover someone actually being dropped, and this kind of smells like that to me. But if it is so, I don't understand him being named at 18th man. Why not leave him completely out of the 21 all together?

Like you say, I hope there is a bit more clarity in the next couple of days. I'd love to feel like I understand the situation before making a move.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:03 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Having a look back at an old team tracker and found this haha
    Was posted the morning of TLT

If you think you are having a bad run of injuries or team is falling apart then see below
    If you thought the 2020 centre debacle was bad, this was 1 week for me (in 2016)

Hang in there, you are never out of it

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 24 Tracke10

Feeney. Ugh.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:05 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Feeney. Ugh.

Haha I cringed posting that, some very questionable selections which were probably hot shit at the time
    And had to laugh at Paul Carter possibly being suspended too

Big squads back then, could afford to carry a few more cows or gamble on middies more

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:05 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yeah, I played it through in my head and I assumed that if Averillo was any chance of lining up at all this week he'd have been named at 6 with Lewis at 18, to come in if Averillo was unable to play. The fact that it's around the other way seems really unlikely he's any chance this week... but it's an intriguing thing.

I know it's happened before where people believe these random injuries that come from nowhere are sometimes a smokescreen to cover someone actually being dropped, and this kind of smells like that to me. But if it is so, I don't understand him being named at 18th man. Why not leave him completely out of the 21 all together?

Like you say, I hope there is a bit more clarity in the next couple of days. I'd love to feel like I understand the situation before making a move.

He might come in on the wing, although having a Dogs wing is probably worse than having a red dot.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:12 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Feeney. Ugh.

Can't go wrong with a starting fullback. Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:20 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Can't go wrong with a starting fullback. Very Happy

Haha there is some shit scores there and some questionable calls

Week one I started Feeney over Latrell Mitchell and Clint Gutherson who went on to score 18pts
    The great Feeney must have killed it in the trial haha

The following weeks he sat in my NPR and scored 4,14 and then got dropped haha

What is more interesting is in 5 years where are those players now, most are gone

SUBSUBSUB GUN POD FORWARDS:
    SUBSUBSUB GUN POD BACKS:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t212-trials-and-tribulations-of-a-nrl-fantasy-coach-from-31193-to-38-overall-roller-coaster-2016-blog

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:23 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Who's to say he even gets CTR DPP

Yes he's being named there but pretty sure they view it now as if it's a long term thing and not just covering injury

So if he doesn't get CTR (and for at least next 3 rounds) he'll just be a mid-ranger MID
    With Blake out indefinitely and Niukore beasting every week, they cant justify not giving CTR to a guy who has played CTR 5 out of 5 games.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:29 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Haha there is some shit scores there and some questionable calls

Week one I started Feeney over Latrell Mitchell and Clint Gutherson who went on to score 18pts
    The great Feeney must have killed it in the trial haha

The following weeks he sat in my NPR and scored 4,14 and then got dropped haha

What is more interesting is in 5 years where are those players now, most are gone

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t212-trials-and-tribulations-of-a-nrl-fantasy-coach-from-31193-to-38-overall-roller-coaster-2016-blog

Yeah it's guys like Feeney and Abbey which have given rise to the term "passing the eye test", which means basically they don't look shit and likely to be immediately dropped on form. Players might be dropped for many reasons, or suspended or injured, but not being crap at footy helps. I started Feeney, was my first year of fantasy, haha, what was your excuse! Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:33 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah it's guys like Feeney and Abbey which have given rise to the term "passing the eye test", which means basically they don't look shit and likely to be immediately dropped on form. Players might be dropped for many reasons, or suspended or injured, but not being crap at footy helps. I started Feeney, was my first year of fantasy, haha, what was your excuse! Very Happy

Haha probably his price and spending the bare minimum on the backs. A quick search and he went well in the 9's so probably trained the house down
    Shit don't remind me of Abbey too, he actually had a good preseason as well and Ponga had questionable job security............

Quick distraction: Look at my centre combo, black widow and Chris lawrence with and additional 2 forwards on the bench haha
    Anyways we have a wookiee and stormtrooper these days, I really needed a mon calamari to offer me advice

That entire team was literally 'subgun' back then too, took 3/4 of the season to fix it as well

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:39 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

47 & 66 with no tries. If he does score a few tries he will go large and I am willing to take the gamble that he will get DPP. His tackle-breaks running at smaller CTRs are like base stats. He may get a few MTs but these will be more than covered by the rest. Anyone with me?

NIUKORE bigger than LOMAX
    I am with you, he is my kind of POD. Was watching him closely this week. His opposing centers can't handle him and he has a high work rate. Averaging 36 base points per week is ridiculous for a center, plus 6 TBs per week is looking easy for him. That would put him in the 50s, plus any attacking on top of that at center in a top side.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:44 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

Worst case scenario. There are some injuries in the forwards and he gets shifted back start at MID/EDG. He is like a REVERSE BLACK WIDOW. Scores awesome at CTR, scores better if he needs to be shifted back to the forwards. Niukore is a unique case.

Hybrid Black widow!!!!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:53 pm

mattnz wrote:
    I am with you, he is my kind of POD. Was watching him closely this week. His opposing centers can't handle him and he has a high work rate. Averaging 36 base points per week is ridiculous for a center, plus 6 TBs per week is looking easy for him. That would put him in the 50s, plus any attacking on top of that at center in a top side.

I like the move.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:55 pm

If I bring in Fifita as planned, only CTR I can afford is Niu (or cheaper)

So thinking maybe Peachey + Walker instead, but puts Fifita that bit further away

Very tempted to just run down 1 CTR this week and see what happens

Not sure a trade to a player I don't want is worth the possible 20-30 points
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:01 am

Milchcow wrote:
    If I bring in Fifita as planned, only CTR I can afford is Niu (or cheaper)

So thinking maybe Peachey + Walker instead, but puts Fifita that bit further away

Very tempted to just run down 1 CTR this week and see what happens

Not sure a trade to a player I don't want is worth the possible 20-30 points

I'm a gump and I'm running with one centre this week, which happens to be your mate Niu. Wink

Gotta be honest, mate, I'd much prefer Fifita/Niu to Peachey/Walker... by a long stretch. Walker will still be there waiting for you next week if you so desire, and I kind of like Niu. He's not that bad...

... Is he?

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:40 pm