NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:21 pm

Once Were Warriors wrote:What about Walker vs SoS

Walker, dirt cheap and big potential

I am grabbing both but SOS is more of a luxury trade/gamble
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:23 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

By Week 6 if he has played 4 games at CTR and none at MID, there is no way he ain't getting DPP. Fiona wouldn't dream of it.

You may be right, but not because of 4 games at centre or because of Foina. They now basically base it off whether it's likely to be a permanent change moving forward or just filling in temporarily. And they do it on a whim. Wouldn't surprise me what they did either way.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:26 pm

Before this turns into another coin goat which mid thread again

All three halves (Schuster,Walker,SOS) are all good options and I would probably rank them in that order (Points,Price,Potential)
    Some people may already have one so their decisions may be different to someone with none
    Also some need to play them in the 17, while others may chuck in the NPR

You can't really go wrong and we won't know who wins until a few more weeks
    So just trust your gut and pick the best one haha

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:26 pm

Pain wrote:

Just watch them

Worst case scenario. There are some injuries in the forwards and he gets shifted back start at MID/EDG. He is like a REVERSE BLACK WIDOW. Scores awesome at CTR, scores better if he needs to be shifted back to the forwards. Niukore is a unique case.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:26 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Walker, dirt cheap and big potential

I am grabbing both but SOS is more of a luxury trade/gamble

This. I'm grabbing both but indeed SOS feels like a luxury trade.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:27 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I guess the question to ask yourself is, if I keep him will he make any cash? If the answer's no (which I suspect it is), is holding him for coverage worth killing a cash making spot, and will he provide coverage anyway given he's not currently in the team, and if you need to play him for cover, will he give you many points in any case? I play fairly aggressively, I would certainly consider selling him and bring in an better option if and when you need them. But the flip side is you can wait on Walker, his price won't go up heaps even if he scores well and then you get to have a look at him in first grade.

This is it....if he isn’t making money and isn’t providing cover then what is he for? I know there is a view that Averillo is a better footy player and so should be in the team ahead of some of the other backs but he isn’t. If they win this week he probably doesn’t get back in & if they don’t win then Barrett probably keeps switching things up. I am usually quite conservative with trades but in this case everything is telling me it’s not going anywhere and if you need someone to make 17 then pick the best option and do it.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:28 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Before this turns into another coin goat which mid thread again

All three halves (Schuster,Walker,SOS) are all good options and I would probably rank them in that order (Points,Price,Potential)
    Some people may already have one so there decisions may be different to someone with none
    Also some need to play them in the 17, while others may chuck in the NPR

You can't really go wrong and we won't know who wins until a few more weeks
    So just trust your gut and pick the best one haha

Also, all of this.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:31 pm

Aardvark wrote:

This is it....if he isn’t making money and isn’t providing cover then what is he for? I know there is a view that Averillo is a better footy player and so should be in the team ahead of some of the other backs but he isn’t. If they win this week he probably doesn’t get back in & if they don’t win then Barrett probably keeps switching things up. I am usually quite conservative with trades but in this case everything is telling me it’s not going anywhere and if you need someone to make 17 then pick the best option and do it.

How often do people hold a couple red dots only for the following week get a couple more
    Throw in a suspension or a cow scoring in single digits and next thing you are eating a chicken pox shit sandwich
    Unless its a short term injury or I am having dinner with the cartwrights, I prefer to deal with the problem now

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:32 pm

I already have Schuster, do you guys think Croker to Egan is a good trade? Or would SOS be better for the extra bank.
    HDIZZ
    HDIZZ

Post by HDIZZ Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:37 pm

If I have bird in my centre position and he doesn’t play obviously, will I get my first EM score or no score a cause none of them are centres?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:37 pm

Fantasy site lists the first DPP listing date:

Dual Position Player Update: Tuesday, 22 April

22nd April is a Thursday

A+
    HDIZZ
    HDIZZ

Post by HDIZZ Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:37 pm

If I have bird in my centre position and he doesn’t play obviously, will I get my first EM score or no score a cause none of them are centres?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:38 pm

HDIZZ wrote:If I have bird in my centre position and he doesn’t play obviously, will I get my first EM score or no score a cause none of them are centres?

No score if none are centres, sorry bro.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:38 pm

Mulvy wrote:

This. I'm grabbing both but indeed SOS feels like a luxury trade.

SOS is my egan in terms of hedging my bets

Egan was well down the list of hookers to start the year on paper, but ranks only behind Brailey now
    Sometimes you need to buy a lottery ticket in case they turn into another Fogarty 2020 (Got him cheap that year too)
    Worst case he can always be traded for another cow gamble when it arises, and he's not exactly an expensive buy in

But I don't 'need' him,and doesn't free up a huge amount like Walker, hence the luxury

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:43 pm

Have gone through a bunch of team trackers, had some spare time tonight and got a few PM's
    Sorry If I didn't get a chance to look at yours so maybe next time

Basically this is a good week to build some cash and reboot your cows so might as well take advantage of it.
    Should be some juicy targets in the next few weeks along with a few mids/cows failing so having some cash up your sleeve will be handy
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:45 pm

Mulvy wrote:

You may be right, but not because of 4 games at centre or because of Foina. They now basically base it off whether it's likely to be a permanent change moving forward or just filling in temporarily. And they do it on a whim. Wouldn't surprise me what they did either way.

47 & 66 with no tries. If he does score a few tries he will go large and I am willing to take the gamble that he will get DPP. His tackle-breaks running at smaller CTRs are like base stats. He may get a few MTs but these will be more than covered by the rest. Anyone with me?

NIUKORE bigger than LOMAX
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:48 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

SOS is my egan in terms of hedging my bets

Egan was well down the list of hookers to start the year on paper, but ranks only behind Brailey now
    Sometimes you need to buy a lottery ticket in case they turn into another Fogarty 2020 (Got him cheap that year too)
    Worst case he can always be traded for another cow gamble when it arises, and he's not exactly an expensive buy in

But I don't 'need' him,and doesn't free up a huge amount like Walker, hence the luxury

Yeah got Egan last week, just couldn't overcome my gut feels on him. And I feel like SOS probably* makes a lot more $ than Croker and probably more playable if I need that.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:53 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

47 & 66 with no tries. If he does score a few tries he will go large and I am willing to take the gamble that he will get DPP. His tackle-breaks running at smaller CTRs are like base stats. He may get a few MTs but these will be more than covered by the rest. Anyone with me?

NIUKORE bigger than LOMAX

Yeah fuck it, let’s do it C.S

I’ve been trying to take my fantasy less seriously anyway. I can’t imagine a more fun move.
    In his favour is the upcoming draw (cue the naysayers about matchups): Tigers, Dragons, Broncos, Bulldogs all in the next 5 weeks.

Let’s take a swing at the Marata piñata
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:54 pm

$284k in the bank - post some trade suggestions for the community team here - https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1596-rd-4-discussion
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:56 pm

Just watched the highlights of Sam Walker he looks good but a little skinny

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:43 pm