NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 24 Give the feckin’ ball to Roberts mun’

manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 24 Give the feckin’ ball to Roberts mun’ - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 24 Give the feckin’ ball to Roberts mun’

Post by manlybeaver Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:17 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Been a tale of two opposite weeks for me. Important lesson learned is a really terrible week does more damage than an awesome week does good.

Last week every decision I made was the wrong one and I scored 798 and was back in the mid 30,000 rankings.

This week every thing I did worked out, right down to being forced to play Stefano in my 17. Only possible thing I could have done to make my score better was play Moylan over Niu, but it's completely insignificant.

Scored 1058 in my H2H team (1027 in my Overall team for the forum) and snuck into top 10,000.

Pap and Matterson my two outs. Absolutely awesome week but its amazing the impact last week will have on this season.

I was in the same.position was ranked around 28k and got a score of 1031 and just scraped into the top 10k. A few more solid weeks hoping to break into the top 3-5k.

Just trying to decide if I'm gonna sell a few cows Abit early to get to my final 17 sooner
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 24 Give the feckin’ ball to Roberts mun’ - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 24 Give the feckin’ ball to Roberts mun’

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:18 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I started with him because of all of the FBs in that 650k (Guth, Edwards, RTS, Mitchell) region I thought he would hold his price to be turned into a slow starting Teddy or Ponga when he returns.

Secondly I thought he could possibly elevate in an improved team and could possibly be a possible keeper (it seems that was overly optimistic thinking).

It hasn’t gone well
    If you don't think he scores 45+ from here, I would move him on purely because 45s would warrant holding him year long. If not, he's just leaking cash and you'll have to replace him at some stage anyway
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:19 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:
    Well done mate. Big fluctuations come during the first few weeks so good on you for fighting through

A lot of ground made up on the Cleary owners

Thanks mate. Yeah, it's a funny feeling. So stoked with the score, but when I look at my team there's still no Cleary in it, lol. Will see how this week pans out for a gauge on where I'm at.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:22 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Thanks mate. Yeah, it's a funny feeling. So stoked with the score, but when I look at my team there's still no Cleary in it, lol. Will see how this week pans out for a gauge on where I'm at.
    Yeah think I got lucky too. 978 which gained me 9k ranks, sitting just over 6k. But gonna be tough matching Cleary owners this week. Still not enough bank to bring Cleary in
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:23 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:
    If you don't think he scores 45+ from here, I would move him on purely because 45s would warrant holding him year long. If not, he's just leaking cash and you'll have to replace him at some stage anyway

Yeah it’s a decision that needs to be made. I mean 100k is gone already and I’m confident he is a 45-50 point guy. Nothings changed hugely, just needs to find those TBs.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:23 am

manlybeaver wrote:

I was in the same.position was ranked around 28k and got a score of 1031 and just scraped into the top 10k. A few more solid weeks hoping to break into the top 3-5k.

Just trying to decide if I'm gonna sell a few cows Abit early to get to my final 17 sooner

Yeah, looking like an intriguing week this week. SOS and Walker looking pretty essential, but I don't actually have anyone to punt this week. Can easily wait a week on Walker, but SOS probably now or never if I take that route.

No doubt there will be plenty of left field announcements through the week to make things wild, though.

So many halves...
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:25 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:
    I mean IRL - they're gold in fantasy, but out of touch with reality to some extent

If you give out 1 point just for making a tackle, then something else has to be overpowered to make backs worth owning.

Fantasy boosts TBs, Supercoach boosts tries. But if you boosted neither then you may as well not have some of the positions.

Another alternative would be reduce tackles. Make it 1 point for every 2 or 3 tackles. Then you could reduce TBs and maybe some other stats as well, and hopefully come up with something where there is more equality between positions.
    or maybe completely revamp scoring and have it like FPL where different positions score differently.
    I don't think there is mass support for either of those changes though so best to just get used to what we have.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:29 am

Milchcow wrote:

If you give out 1 point just for making a tackle, then something else has to be overpowered to make backs worth owning.

Fantasy boosts TBs, Supercoach boosts tries. But if you boosted neither then you may as well not have some of the positions.

Another alternative would be reduce tackles. Make it 1 point for every 2 or 3 tackles. Then you could reduce TBs and maybe some other stats as well, and hopefully come up with something where there is more equality between positions.
    or maybe completely revamp scoring and have it like FPL where different positions score differently.
    I don't think there is mass support for either of those changes though so best to just get used to what we have.
    I just think the TB was fine at 2 points. Seemed balance enough that a TB was equal to a MT
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:31 am

So what players would people consider "must haves" at this point

Laurie, Brayley and Watson are the main 3 from a cash cow point of view, with Schuster adding his name to that list. Maybe Riki would be there too

For guns, Cleary and Fifita are the obvious 2

I think for WFB, whilst Teddy is obviously the top, as long you have Pappy/Latrell/RTS you can still score well without him

Anyone else that people think should be traded in by people that aren't owners?

Is
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:35 am

I feel like people aren't looking past SOS's score.
    He didn't have much of a score in the first half and made tackle breaks and good running metres in the second half against a heavily depleted Raiders side which were giving away 70-80m a set.

Sure he might average 40 but I think Walker will be the better value being $100k cheaper for about the same output (the risk with Walker being if he falls flat in first grade which I can't see happening)
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:37 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Been a tale of two opposite weeks for me. Important lesson learned is a really terrible week does more damage than an awesome week does good.

Last week every decision I made was the wrong one and I scored 798 and was back in the mid 30,000 rankings.

This week every thing I did worked out, right down to being forced to play Stefano in my 17. Only possible thing I could have done to make my score better was play Moylan over Niu, but it's completely insignificant.

Scored 1058 in my H2H team (1027 in my Overall team for the forum) and snuck into top 10,000.

Pap and Matterson my two outs. Absolutely awesome week but its amazing the impact last week will have on this season.
    I wouldn’t worry too much about rankings this early.
    Whilst you may be ranked around 10000 at present, you are still only 200-300 points away from the top ranked guys. That can be made up quite easily if you’ve set your team up.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:37 am

filthridden wrote:I feel like people aren't looking past SOS's score.
    He didn't have much of a score in the first half and made tackle breaks and good running metres in the second half against a heavily depleted Raiders side which were giving away 70-80m a set.

Sure he might average 40 but I think Walker will be the better value being $100k cheaper for about the same output (the risk with Walker being if he falls flat in first grade which I can't see happening)

I've got a lot of halves already, so almost certainly won't bring in both SOS and Walker.

I suspect a lot of people will be the same. They might bring SOS in now and give Walker a week to see how he goes.
    Unless he smashes out abanner, Walker will still be affordable in a week. SOS is almost now or never if you want to make decent cash from him.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:38 am

Milchcow wrote:

I'd like to see 1 on 1 tackles boosted. More likely to occur with backs as the middle work together and its part of what makes a good ctr/winger is the ability to make that clutch tackle.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:40 am

Milchcow wrote:

Laurie, Brayley and Watson are the main 3 from a cash cow point of view, with Schuster adding his name to that list. Maybe Riki would be there too

I think for WFB, whilst Teddy is obviously the top, as long you have Pappy/Latrell/RTS you can still score well without him

Is
    Would of added Keary as undervalued keeper but not must have pre injury was on track for 3rd 60+ in a row
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:40 am

filthridden wrote:I feel like people aren't looking past SOS's score.

And six of his points were from two Raiders knocking each other out!

He'll probably make decent coin, but said before there'll be better base price cows available soon and if you chase everyone like SOS with a good score in the mid-300s you'll run out of trades pretty quickly, or not have the bank to get in Haas/Lolo etc when you want them, or both.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:40 am

Milchcow wrote:

Is

Liddle was up there but that has come to a screeching halt.

Walker may become the next one after this weekend.

Thinking Haas possibly soon.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:41 am

Archer wrote:
    I'd like to see 1 on 1 tackles boosted. More likely to occur with backs as the middle work together and its part of what makes a good ctr/winger is the ability to make that clutch tackle.
    Would like this also. Half points for 3rd man in and rounded up if finishing on a half
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:46 am

Milchcow wrote:

I think the scoring works pretty well as is in equalising the positions, but with different textures.

It's not really a reflection of rugby league (Lachlan Lewis scored well in fantasy and Cooper Cronk didn't) and it annoys me when newspapers and commentators and the NRL go on about X player having Y tackle busts as evidence of their contributions when we know that there are tackle busts and then there are tackle busts. The stats the clubs compile and use to assess actual performance will be very different.

TO being four points is ridiculous though. Randomises scores. Don't mind the idea but should be worth two.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:48 am

rhinoceroo wrote:TO being four points is ridiculous though. Randomises scores. Don't mind the idea but should be worth two.

Maybe 3 would be Ok - but the way it is handed out should be clearer.

A guy dropping a ball in a standing tackle while trying to offload shouldn't be 3 x TO's to the three blokes that were holding on to him, that's silly.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:50 am

Surely Lam to SOS is my obvious trade this week?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 am