NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:32 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Yep just need to look at how the NRL themselves just crucified poor old Toby Rudolph, when he made what was an obvious (and hilarious) gag.
    Imagine being a young bloke and getting in trouble for something like that - probably be fairly embarrassing and stressful.

To me the NRL should be investing more in reserve grade.

Used to love watching the mix of older blokes on their way out and younger blokes coming through the ranks as a curtain raiser to the main game - but the main benefit for the NRL, is self regulation of behaviour, with the younger blokes learning what is ok and what is a dickhead move.
    Guessing these lessons would be far more effective than the token 'education classes' the NRL gives these young fellas as a PR exercise as part of their due diligence....

Spot on. Post more.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:34 pm

Tossing up the following options:

a) Lodge + Croker to Leniu + Davey. Probably the one I'll go with. I'd ideally like to wait a week on Davey to see what's going on with Manly second-row minutes (I know starting second-rowers etc etc, but split trial minutes + 45/35 last week has me spooked). I can only fit Davey in by 1k now from Croker, so not really time to wait. Also gives me 2RF cover I don't currently have as a bonus.

b) Just one trade, Lodge to Koala/Leniu, if Koala I'd hold Croker as no one affordable that would be worthwhile. If Leniu it'd be because I'm not sold on Davey/Fui/Alvaro as trade-ins for Croker.

c) Croker to Alvaro, hold Lodge. Coming around to this as a possibility.

d) Croker + Lodge to Verrils + Ofa. The wildcard option. Would be a big risk but Verrils looks a likely trade-in soon anyway and Ofa probably the best MID option.

Thoughts please?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:35 pm

Feels wrong using two trades in rd 1 when youre bringing in players like leniu, fui and Koala for players like host, gosi, croker.

I mean. you buy shitty players knowing they will throw up shitty scores. you just hope that they dont happen that often.

There is no obvious cash cows after rd1. More like coin goats.

Might give my coin goats one more week to prove how shitty they are before wasting trades to other coin goats.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:37 pm

Fortitude wrote:Feels wrong using two trades in rd 1 when youre bringing in players like leniu, fui and Koala for players like host, gosi, croker.

I mean. you buy shitty players knowing they will throw up shitty scores. you just hope that they dont happen that often.

There is no obvious cash  cows after rd1. More like coin goats.

Might give my coin goats one more week to prove how shitty they are before wasting trades to other coin goats.

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 12 1f410  a typical coin goat
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:41 pm

wolfking wrote:

Not ideal if he defends on the edge again.  He gets one more week for me.  Another 30 and he's out.

Yeah, I'm holding him for now too. Fortunately, I don't see any must have cows at the moment to trade him to.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:43 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

Yeah, I'm holding him for now too. Fortunately, I don't see any must have cows at the moment to trade him to.

With Verrils and Radley seemingly back next week and Friend also back "next week" I don't think you have any dramas with Lam playing hooker. Still building his combo with Keary and in such a blow out game Lam really didn't need to do anything and he still managed a 31.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:44 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Tossing up the following options:

a) Lodge + Croker to Leniu + Davey. Probably the one I'll go with. I'd ideally like to wait a week on Davey to see what's going on with Manly second-row minutes (I know starting second-rowers etc etc, but split trial minutes + 45/35 last week has me spooked). I can only fit Davey in by 1k now from Croker, so not really time to wait. Also gives me 2RF cover I don't currently have as a bonus.

b) Just one trade, Lodge to Koala/Leniu, if Koala I'd hold Croker as no one affordable that would be worthwhile. If Leniu it'd be because I'm not sold on Davey/Fui/Alvaro as trade-ins for Croker.

c) Croker to Alvaro, hold Lodge. Coming around to this as a possibility.

d) Croker + Lodge to Verrils + Ofa. The wildcard option. Would be a big risk but Verrils looks a likely trade-in soon anyway and Ofa probably the best MID option.

Thoughts please?

Probably A. because id want to get rid of Croker and Lodge has no value now.

Id be tempted to just move Lodge to Ofa or alvaro/davey/fui.

ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:45 pm

Fortitude wrote:Feels wrong using two trades in rd 1 when youre bringing in players like leniu, fui and Koala for players like host, gosi, croker.

There is no obvious cash  cows after rd1. More like coin goats.

I think I would've kept Croker this week to see if he could pick up some more stats, and only done one trade this week if Cust hadnt been named. But think his mins are already compromised so ditching him before he drops coin is a must
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:48 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

With Verrils and Radley seemingly back next week and Friend also back "next week" I don't think you have any dramas with Lam playing hooker. Still building his combo with Keary and in such a blow out game Lam really didn't need to do anything and he still managed a 31.

Good to know. I'm still hoping Lam will manage a 45+ average and I can just sort my EMG players out when some cheapish cows come along.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:51 pm

Lam and Lodge to Ofa and Leniu? Could do LAM or Koala too I suppose. Leaves the team looking like this

91k bank

Turpin
    BS9 Ofa Watson
    Fifita Riki
    Cleary Milf
    Roberts Averillo
    Teddy Papy Laurie

Brailey
    Liddle
    Leniu
    Crichton

Moylan
    Niu
    Simonsson
    Stefano

Thoughts?
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:54 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

Good to know. I'm still hoping Lam will manage a 45+ average and I can just sort my EMG players out when some cheapish cows come along.

He attacked at hooker and defended at half which pretty much halted his scoring completely. While he scored well below other HLF options in that price range, 1 round is too soon to be declaring him a dud.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:55 pm

I'm actually thinking of selling Angus purely as a tactical move...while most owners will bench him & play a 20-30 point substitute I could sell Angus to a 50+ gun & re-buy him the following round/rounds. Not sure I'll do it but am thinking about it due to the lack of cash/cows.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:59 pm

I'd have kept Croker if he wasn't against probably the best team behind the roosters to exploit shithouse edge defence. Saw it in the Rabbits and Storm game, Rabbits kept it fairly wide. Expecting the same plan this week especially after what Wayne would have seen when Manly tried to defend against the Roosters.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:00 pm

White Lightning wrote:I'm actually thinking of selling Angus purely as a tactical move...while most owners will bench him & play a 20-30 point substitute I could sell Angus to a 50+ gun & re-buy him the following round/rounds. Not sure I'll do it but am thinking about it due to the lack of cash/cows.

I briefly thought about it. He only scores 50 odd without the try so, there is merit there in trading IMO, but it's dangerous. He has Fifita like fantasy abilities.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:00 pm

White Lightning wrote:I'm actually thinking of selling Angus purely as a tactical move...while most owners will bench him & play a 20-30 point substitute I could sell Angus to a 50+ gun & re-buy him the following round/rounds. Not sure I'll do it but am thinking about it due to the lack of cash/cows.

What 50+ gun do you have in mind? Who is going to keep scoring at the same level as Angus? If the person you trade in scores 5 - 10 less than Angus in 3 - 4 Rounds he will have made up that difference. While there is no degree of certainty you can get him back before he exceeds the 20 to 30 points you make.

Is 1 trade worth 20 - 30 points? Knowing that towards the end of the season their value goes up.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:06 pm

Fraser wrote:Better to trade out Croker or Gosi this round?

I'm struggling to decide which one is shitter than the other.

Last year Croker spent a lot of the year in hooker rotation with Levi. Averaged 21 points in 30 minutes in games where he came on as hooker

With a starting hooker spot and a BE in the low 20s he is much more likely to hold his value than Gosi who averages 18 in 40 minutes from the interchange bench.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:07 pm

RandomSil wrote:

What 50+ gun do you have in mind? Who is going to keep scoring at the same level as Angus? If the person you trade in scores 5 - 10 less than Angus in 3 - 4 Rounds he will have made up that difference. While there is no degree of certainty you can get him back before he exceeds the 20 to 30 points you make.

Is 1 trade worth 20 - 30 points? Knowing that towards the end of the season their value goes up.

IF i was doing. Id be considering players like Tapine and Young. They wont lose money of next few weeks, will continue to post decent scores with the added bonus of cash injection into the bank.

BUT. I dont think id waste a trade on that.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:07 pm

TU: LAM
    TD: Koloa
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:07 pm

Same as everyone else basically. No bank.

a) Lodge and Gosi to LAM and Stefano. Given LAM would be in my starting side to replace Lodge, I think he'll score a few more points per week than Alvaro/Leniu.

b) Lodge and Gosi to Leniu and Alvaro. Would play both this week and one goes into NPR next week with Angus back.

c) One trade Gosi to Stefano. Would have to play him this week though. Get to hold Lodge and save a trade which is nice because all of the trade in options suck. Something better should pop up.

Thoughts?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:12 pm

Looking more into it, Lodge + Host to Davey + Leniu makes enough sense for now.

Host being dropped really shows how little faith Bennett has in the man after 1 game. Davey really impressed in the preseason and Gos's defense was shocking (albeit against one of the best attacks in the game). I think Davey holds the spot and has the game to hit 40's in 60 minutes of footy... Gos may even spend time in the middle.

Lodge sitting on the bench for 2-3 weeks is not healthy for early money making. Leniu has the game to make points fast and I can see him falling over the line for a try sooner rather than later. Need players in my squad making money early on. Using Crichton to loop Niu and Averillo as well.

I am happy to burn through double trades for the first few weeks as this is the time to jump on some early money makers/fix fires... No money makes have presented themselves this week but I have some fires to put out and Leniu/Davey are the two with their noses in front as to Job Security, Points Potential, Role going forward.

Have the bank to go Lodge > LAM but just scared on his role going forward due to HIA.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:57 pm