NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Thickshake
    Thickshake

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by Thickshake Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:56 am

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I saw somewhere that Watson will need to prove his fitness this week. Not in the casualty ward or anywhere so probably fine, but that would really blow the wheels off some of our teams with Lodge and Crichton already gone in the MIDs.

I'd be down to Welch, Stefano & trade-in Leniu....rough.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:58 am

He is priced at 35 and with a bench role he is not going to beat that by much unless he keeps scoring tries.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:02 am

Thickshake wrote:Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I saw somewhere that Watson will need to prove his fitness this week. Not in the casualty ward or anywhere so probably fine, but that would really blow the wheels off some of our teams with Lodge and Crichton already gone in the MIDs.

I'd be down to Welch, Stefano & trade-in Leniu....rough.

Mentioned yesterday but there was a journo at Knights training who posted on twitter that he had 'just spoke to' Watson and he reckons he's all good.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:04 am

Hard to get a good read on minutes in one week, especially in HIA affected games. But I think we can safely assume Lenui will get between 30-40 mins if that helps anyone!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:04 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Random question about Panthers interchange.

Eisenhuth goes off at 50 minutes for an HIA.

At 62:41 he comes back on for Leniu (just after Yeo's try) with a free interchange for HIA cleared

Then at 72:50 Leniu comes back on for Eisenhuth for a free sub as  "HIA cleared"
    But Leniu didn't go off for an HIA, and Eisenhuth wasn't going off for a 2nd headclash.
    Does anyone know what is going on - is it just a mis-labelling of the sub from NRL match centre?

Just watched the relevant parts on replay and you can't see the sub being made to see what card the interchange guy was holding.

Just before Eisenhuth comes back from his HIA, Leniu has the ball stripped by Morgan. They get a penalty and go down the other end and score. Leniu doesn't touch the ball after having it stripped but does follow the play. Did the Panthers manage to rort an HIA sub for him from the tackle where he had the ball stripped?

Was just looking to try and work out what the HIA's did to Leniu's minutes, as last week was easily the most he'd ever played in first grade, and want to guess if HIAs increased or decreased his time on the park.
    Him getting back on for that last stint looked like just a regular sub, but system claims it was a free interchange? Would he have got that stint if they had to use a sub on him?

Purely NRL match centre mix up

I personally think the HIA hurt his standard minutes, with Eisenhuth coming back for that extra stint when he probably wouldn't have. But then Leniu got a few extra minutes at the end. Over all I'd say he played in the range I'd expect this year
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 am

Welshy wrote:

Talking 2008 mate, rules been brought in after that. It's the ambiguity I hate

Either you can play if under 18 or you can't. Not you can't but you may get an exemption.

Where do you draw the line?

Rule is there currently to protect younger players, not just physically but mentally, you can argue what the difference is between 17 years and 6 months vs 18 but line has to be drawn somewhere

Agreed @Welshy; as an old dog (pushing 50 this year) - I've seen way too many young players blooded at NRL level before they are physically or emotionally ready for the pressure of full-time professional sport.
    It's not just being physically big enough, they struggle with the $, the glare of public scrutiny and weight of expectation.
    I actually think the NRL should expand the U20s comp; give the kids a chance to train in the system without being in the first grade squad until they are 20+.
    Look at the positive effect of Luai waiting (learning from) Maloney at the Panthers. He could have been a regular 1st grader at a different club, but is a better player for his time developing.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:07 am

Out of Lam, Ofa, Liddle, Leniu you’d play Ofa and Liddle right, leaving Lam and Leniu in EMG??
    Bumders

Post by Bumders Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:12 am

thought as it was his first game back he would ease back in and be handed more minutes if he found his old form. He has had a pretty decent start and could be a reasonable POD? I will probably cave and take two of the previously mentioned names (for Lodge/Host) but was trying to think outside the box.

Such a rookie here... didn't mean to start a whole thread, thought i was within a conversation...
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:12 am

The Bludger wrote:I actually think the NRL should expand the U20s comp; give the kids a chance to train in the system without being in the first grade squad until they are 20+.

I'm a fan of moving away from the previous u20s system (the way Holden Cup was sort of put on a tier above reserve grade). It led to a lot of kids going straight from 20s to NRL where they werent really ready for it.

Imo better to play 20s (flegg), but if you're too good for that then you're playing QCUP/NSW Cup where the comp is tougher, before seeing NRL.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:14 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I personally think the HIA hurt his standard minutes, with Eisenhuth coming back for that extra stint when he probably wouldn't have. But then Leniu got a few extra minutes at the end. Over all I'd say he played in the range I'd expect this year

Yeah Leniu should be anywhere between 30 and 40mins per game in his current role (similar to Leota's role 2nd half of 2020). Some expect Leniu to take on Tamou's starting role later in the season, but I think Cleary will continue to us him of the bench as an impact player. Maybe his mins will increase to 35-45min.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:16 am

my tv broke wrote:

I'm a fan of moving away from the previous u20s system (the way Holden Cup was sort of put on a tier above reserve grade). It led to a lot of kids going straight from 20s to NRL where they werent really ready for it.

Imo better to play 20s (flegg), but if you're too good for that then you're playing QCUP/NSW Cup where the comp is tougher, before seeing NRL.

The old under 23s seemed to work a bit better, but QCUP/NSW Cup fills that void. Basically meant players got a few more years to develop against similar age competition before coming in against seasoned veterans in ressies
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:16 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Out of Lam, Ofa, Liddle, Leniu you’d play Ofa and Liddle right, leaving Lam and Leniu in EMG??

I think Lam outscores Liddle this week. Liddle nabbed a try and LB to boost his score. Barring some injuries Lam should score better playing the whole game at 5/8th
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:18 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

i think if Eisenhuth didn't have an HIA, then JFH might have come back on for Leniu, who then might still have come back on at the end when Eisenhuth did go off.

Problem is every week there is some sort of HIA/injury/weird game situation that means teams will never do their subs exactly the same way. So just have to hope that it works out in the end for whatever player you want getting game time.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:20 am

Foxsport:

Early Mail: Roosters rookie Sam Walker is in line to make his debut despite being named in the reserves. “Sam Walker is right in the frame to make his NRL debut this weekend,” The Daily Telegraph’s Dave Riccio said on NRL Tonight. “There could be a change to the spine that may see Lachlan Lam move from five-eighth into dummyhalf to give Freddy Lussick a breather, which would then allow Sam Walker to come into the game off the bench.”
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:23 am

Anyone keen on Jensen as a difference to Leniu/Alvaro/Fui/Other...

Played 42 minutes off the bench which appears to be a regular occurence. 34 tackles, 99 mg, 1 tb and 2 mt. That is 43 in base stats. I am fairly certain there was no HIA/other reason his minutes were increased and the Cows next 5 looks fairly decent (Dragons, Titans, Sharks, Tigers, Dogs)... Another 1-2 losses and Payten will be looking for a shake up, would just have to hope that means Jensen to starting prop.

Might have talked myself into a Jensen vs Leniu situation.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:23 am

Chewie wrote:Foxsport:

Early Mail: Roosters rookie Sam Walker is in line to make his debut despite being named in the reserves. “Sam Walker is right in the frame to make his NRL debut this weekend,” The Daily Telegraph’s Dave Riccio said on NRL Tonight. “There could be a change to the spine that may see Lachlan Lam move from five-eighth into dummyhalf to give Freddy Lussick a breather, which would then allow Sam Walker to come into the game off the bench.”
    Late game in the round. Would want him if playing.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:24 am

The Bludger wrote:

Agreed @Welshy; as an old dog (pushing 50 this year) - I've seen way too many young players blooded at NRL level before they are physically or emotionally ready for the pressure of full-time professional sport.
    It's not just being physically big enough, they struggle with the $, the glare of public scrutiny and weight of expectation.
    I actually think the NRL should expand the U20s comp; give the kids a chance to train in the system without being in the first grade squad until they are 20+.
    Look at the positive effect of Luai waiting (learning from) Maloney at the Panthers. He could have been a regular 1st grader at a different club, but is a better player for his time developing.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

Yep just need to look at how the NRL themselves just crucified poor old Toby Rudolph, when he made what was an obvious (and hilarious) gag.
    Imagine being a young bloke and getting in trouble for something like that - probably be fairly embarrassing and stressful.

To me the NRL should be investing more in reserve grade.

Used to love watching the mix of older blokes on their way out and younger blokes coming through the ranks as a curtain raiser to the main game - but the main benefit for the NRL, is self regulation of behaviour, with the younger blokes learning what is ok and what is a dickhead move.
    Guessing these lessons would be far more effective than the token 'education classes' the NRL gives these young fellas as a PR exercise as part of their due diligence....
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:24 am

Chewie wrote:Foxsport:

I saw this and I love how the early mail comes from a DT reporter... like he has some inside scoop

Sam Walker is in EMG, atm for starters and even still he is just pretty much giving his insight into the team list... laughable.

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:25 am

mattnz wrote:
    Late game in the round. Would want him if playing.

It's just for a week Matt. Verills will be the starting hooker after a game or two on the pine
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:34 am

Milchcow wrote:

Tom Starling scored 101
    Billy Brittain scored 83
    Jake Simpkin scored 86

Maybe its just easy for hookers who are half decent to rack up fantasy points in NSW Cup. I certainly hope my club's coach doesn't use that as a factor for determining first grade selection.

Jackson Ford scored 134 last time he played NSW Cup and can't crack his 17 either.

Blows my mind that Tom Starling wasn't aggressively pursued by some of the clubs with Hooker battles. Even Havilli has said his preferred position is hooker. You'd get 60mins out of him.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:42 am