NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:33 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Just hoping to explore a TU/TD post I made last night.

At the moment I'm trading Croker for Leniu and I have Crichton to come back into the team next week. Watson and TKO make up my other mids.

So I was set on trading out Lodge for Ofa. Last night I noticed I could actually bring in Milford or even Townsend instead of Ofa. I took to the poll and so far people lean towards Milford over Ofa.

Just want to bring it here for further analysis if that's cool. Both priced pretty much the same. Ofa went big in week one but I assume we expect him to be more around the 40-45 mark most weeks? Though I do love that Tigers bench for him this week.

I'm guessing the appeal for Milford over Ofa is that he plays 80min, will get big base stats in KM and most importantly, had the potential to go big more than Ofa will.

In a nutshell, is that how people see it? Milford over Ofa for the potential upside, with both of them hopefully having a similar base?

And conversely, both preferable to Townsend for the price difference and hope that Milford potentially has more upside?
    Do you have the cover for the Mids mate, I always get sucked into trading for a player I prefer as a better pure scorer or money maker over a similar option which offer the same coverage as trade out only for the same position to go down the next week and I’m stuck making another 2 trades to cover it

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:33 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

This dropped as I was posting, but I was looking at both last night. I like Townsend, but yes, SJ's return will break him whereas there's the hope that Milford plays all season long where he is. I also think that with Milford's playing style he has potential for a big score here and there were Townsend will be solid as houses but maybe not have that same potential to go really huge?

While both are kicking the piss out of the ball they should have similar floor. Milford's running game is probably better which makes his ceiling higher.

The trouble with Milford is determining if the role will continue all year. Could have just been a game flow thing and next week we could see a 50/50 split with Croft/Dearden which removes his upside

Townsend you know he has the role until SJ comes back, but that could be any week.

Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:33 am

Loomer wrote:

So I bank 65k for future upgrade

I think save the trade mate. Going off last years amount of injuries we will all need them further down the track.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:34 am

BCT05 wrote:Anyone bringing in BSiro (concussion clearance permitting)?

I didn't see the Warriors game but saw the talk that he was defending in the middle for a bit. Guess there is no reason to expect that would change if that was the plan Rd 1? Guessing BMM came on and played edge? Makes him pretty appealing

I think it is the first time I can recall that a coach changed both edge forwards in the first half with what looked to be a set plan.

Siro started in the middle, with Harris playing edge (despite what teamlists say).

27:04 Katoa off, Tevaga on, Siro went to left edge.
    33:21 AFB off, BMM on, Harris went to middle, BMM came on and played edge.

The two HIA's (no returns) not long after kind of confuse things beyond that.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:38 am

my tv broke wrote:

I think it is the first time I can recall that a coach changed both edge forwards in the first half with what looked to be a set plan.

Siro started in the middle, with Harris playing edge (despite what teamlists say).

gameplan for Titans so that Harris was defending against Fifita to save Siro a bit?
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:39 am

Welshy wrote:

It’s one of the dumbest trades I’ve ever seen. Since 2017 RTS lowest ever average is 44. Last 2 years which are more indicative of his average have been 52 in 2019 and 48 last season

Latrells highest average playing fullback is 38. Latrells highest ever average is 45 playing Centre and that included GK for 8 points a game.

Dumb trade

Yea I agree mate. On his day RTS can go large, Add a try to the mix and he can easily score 80.

Trading RTS would be the least of my worries.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:39 am

If making 2 trades and bringing in a player to plug into the 17 (eg Milf, Ofa) puts Little Lam into the 18-21 am I better off to just make the single trade and play Little Lam?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:40 am

Welshy wrote:
    Do you have the cover for the Mids mate, I always get sucked into trading for a player I prefer as a better pure scorer or money maker over a similar option which offer the same coverage as trade out only for the same position to go down the next week and I’m stuck making another 2 trades to cover it

At the moment my mids are Angus/TKO/Watson with Leniu to be my new acquisition this week. I hadn't actually even considered Milford (or Townsend) as I was that focused on MID, but I have a bit of cover, until injuries strike.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:41 am

bigbruno wrote:What's the general consensus on Alvaro vs Fuimoana? Fui named again, is he still a trap?

Alvaro is a PPM beast but Fui base stats were tidy... looking for some direction from the pros!

I wouldn’t pick Fuimaono with your wife’s team, but maybe that’s just me Evil or Very Mad
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:43 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

While both are kicking the piss out of the ball they should have similar floor. Milford's running game is probably better which makes his ceiling higher.

The trouble with Milford is determining if the role will continue all year. Could have just been a game flow thing and next week we could see a 50/50 split with Croft/Dearden which removes his upside

Townsend you know he has the role until SJ comes back, but that could be any week.

It does worry me, that both Croft and/or Dearden could take KM off Milford, but the potential - unlikely as it might be - that Milford could possibly be a year long keeper, over Townsend, who you know won't be... that does have me leaning towards Milford.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:46 am

TKs podcast saying Foran is in doubt for this week, Schuster on standby
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:47 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

It does worry me, that both Croft and/or Dearden could take KM off Milford, but the potential - unlikely as it might be - that Milford could possibly be a year long keeper, over Townsend, who you know won't be... that does have me leaning towards Milford.

Yeah, agreed. Seems a straightforward call
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:48 am

Welshy wrote:
    gameplan for Titans so that Harris was defending against Fifita to save Siro a bit?

I mentioned this to some mates at the game. Harris is their best defender so makes sense he would be against the best attacking weapon in Fifita. The rotation this week will show if Sironen is worth trading in. I'd much rather spend the extra 30-40k than waste a trade on a mid ranger
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:53 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Can't wait to see how all these sideways/backwards trades end after different cheap centres have big games, different WFBs have big games and role reverts for the likes of Sironen/Milf/Fog.

Mead is the most erroneous of all options. Grabbing a base price price with a career average less than 30 because he scored a few tries is laughable

I assume you have the cash to get someone worthwhile for Gosiewski

I am very limited with 16k ITB before trades, either a punt on Lussick/Verrills who probably ruin each other if Friend has long-term concussion, Mead who has a low BE, and Faamausili who got low mins and isn't really going anywhere in price
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:54 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I mentioned this to some mates at the game. Harris is their best defender so makes sense he would be against the best attacking weapon in Fifita. The rotation this week will show if Sironen is worth trading in. I'd much rather spend the extra 30-40k than waste a trade on a mid ranger
    Makes sense mate. Siro way too mid playing as pure edge I think, different proposition if he’s playing middle though.

I’m going with one of the lower mids as a Lodge replacement, probably Leniu as only need his cover in starting 13 this week for Crichton, think I’m saving the other trade and will wait on Papalii/Siro/Davey and bring one in for Croker next week
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:54 am

my tv broke wrote:

Thanks for that. Interesting one for sure

Really need to see what happens this week, if he plays, but it's annoying timing with wanting to get rid of Lodge and Host this week, could hold Host for a week but think I'll be short on funds to go to Siro next week as he will be rising in price
    Tommy_gun
    Tommy_gun

Post by Tommy_gun Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:58 am

FWIW I'm stuck on the Lodge trade this week too. With Crichton out my only FRF coverage is Stefano and while the tigers bench is favorable for good minutes, I'm not keen to HAVE to play him in my 17 (will most likely have him in a loop).

I'm 1k short of Lodge to LAM who would have been my preferred option. Think he is a lock for 30-40mins per game at around 1ppm and with a low break even will make some quick cash.

I am very tempted by Koala however very weary of South's pack options and rotations, particularly with Murray often moving to an edge.

Leaning towards Leniu, he has a defined role, will see at least 30 mins each week and good for about 1ppm.

Also tempted by Fui - but do not trust his js
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:03 am

Really going to shit me if I punt Lodge and he plays next week. Obvs has the high BE now but I'm more confident in him making cash over the trade-in options. Broncos said he will miss 1-2 weeks, so very hard to tell at this stage.

I'd probably hold if I had MID cover.

Talau did the same thing last year. I punted him a week after bringing him in, same injury, and he only missed a week. Prick! Twisted Evil
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:08 am

Tommy_gun wrote:FWIW I'm stuck on the Lodge trade this week too. With Crichton out my only FRF coverage is Stefano and while the tigers bench is favorable for good minutes, I'm not keen to HAVE to play him in my 17 (will most likely have him in a loop).

I'm 1k short of Lodge to LAM who would have been my preferred option. Think he is a lock for 30-40mins per game at around 1ppm and with a low break even will make some quick cash.

I am very tempted by Koala however very weary of South's pack options and rotations, particularly with Murray often moving to an edge.

Leaning towards Leniu, he has a defined role, will see at least 30 mins each week and good for about 1ppm.

Also tempted by Fui - but do not trust his js

Alvaro > Fui?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:09 am

my tv broke wrote:Really going to shit me if I punt Lodge and he plays next week. Obvs has the high BE now but I'm more confident in him making cash over the trade-in options. Broncos said he will miss 1-2 weeks, so very hard to tell at this stage.

I'd probably hold if I had MID cover.

Talau did the same thing last year. I punted him a week after bringing him in, same injury, and he only missed a week. Prick! Twisted Evil
    Reckon Croker - Leniu is a better trade and keep Lodge?

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:34 am