NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rate My Team

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Rate My Team - Page 3 Empty Re: Rate My Team

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:18 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:Hello to everyone. I have just registered for these forums, and I thought this would be the best place to start. I finished 475 last year and did win a weekly prize. Now that the introduction is complete, let's rate my team:

HOK: Lichaa, J. Nikorima
    FRF: Mannah, Tolman, JTrobjevic(R), BGray
    2RF: Fensom(C), WGraham,Gillett, McQueen(R), Rochow(R), Bhana
    HLF: DCE(VC), AReynolds, Hastings(R), ATaylor
    CTR: Gutherson, Auva'a, Griffin, Benry
    WFB: Gordon, Mann, Copley, Cronin, Mitchell

Welcome to the forum mate. Sounds like you know what you are doing so will be good to get your input as the season goes along

Hookers- Lichaa will be quality and has seemed to be flavour of the week around here the last few days. JNiko should make some decent cash but there are some (myself included) who don't like running an NPR/Cash cow at hooker as unless they make big bucks it costs a fair amount of cash to get them up to a gun come the end of the season, especially with such quality scoring from the top tier hookers

FRF- First team with Mannah that's been posted so far which is a change. Same for Tolman probably as well. You've gone for 3 workhorse props so will likely mean you won't too many 60+ games but you also shouldn't get too many duds and they will be fairly consistent and safe for you.

2RF- Fensom is a slight risk given his minutes aren't all that set in stone like usual and there is potentially a log jam of talent there with the raiders backrow. Love the Wade Graham pick, as well as Rochow. McQueen is interesting as some here think he has the potential to be a decent cash cow with the lack of big minute playing forwards at the Titans while others don't think he has too much room to grow. Gillett is a difficult one for me. On one hand I say that he gets good, solid minutes and will reliably score you 40+ most weeks, but on the other I don't see him increasing minutes or workload and can just seem him getting the same most weeks and not getting you any cash. Having safe scorers is always nice but you also want to maximize value.

Halves-Going for the 2 gun halves will set you apart from alot of other teams early on. Both should score well with both expected to increase their scores this year. Hastings and Taylor will be in most teams and will be good cash earners as the season goes along

CTR- A fairly standard grouping here. Cheap but has potential for cash and points and with alot of teams going light here you shouldn't lose out should they fail early on

WFB- All of your guys back here are common picks too. Mann could be a bit of a gamble and having both him and Copley there may worry me as there isn't any reliable evidence they will pan out and so you would be looking at having to find the cash to fix 2 out of your 3 starters. Plenty of at least more solid scorers at that 300k range if you could upgrade but overall it isn't likely going to be too much of a problem
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:29 pm

SI wrote:

Welcome to the forum and you are an early nominee for username of the year Very Happy .

Love the Mannah pick, outside the box. Do you have some info that he is up for extra minutes, or just taking the chance at this stage? Your hookers will be an issue if Niko only plays a bit part, or gets injured. It's a long way back trying to get someone else in that 2nd slot. Very gutsy if you run with those centres as well.

First, cheers for the feedback!

I did browse through the pages and noticed quite a bit of love for Lichaa, so the hope there is he adds some attacking stats to his game. Mannah, I'm sure I read somewhere that his minutes may increase(I'll have to find it), and with good byes and 0.98 ppm, why not?

For all i know, JNiko may not have a big role, or even be named. I'll deal with that come first team lists. I'm sure my planning is the same as many others, let them do their thing for several rounds, then, let them sit, and milk the other cows.

Yes, centers could be an issue, but, I try not to put too much concern regarding that position.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:45 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:Hello to everyone. I have just registered for these forums, and I thought this would be the best place to start. I finished 475 last year and did win a weekly prize. Now that the introduction is complete, let's rate my team:

HOK: Lichaa, J. Nikorima
    FRF: Mannah, Tolman, JTrobjevic(R), BGray
    2RF: Fensom(C), WGraham,Gillett, McQueen(R), Rochow(R), Bhana
    HLF: DCE(VC), AReynolds, Hastings(R), ATaylor
    CTR: Gutherson, Auva'a, Griffin, Benry
    WFB: Gordon, Mann, Copley, Cronin, Mitchell

Nice solid team. Depth at centre the biggest worry

Are you confident starting with Fensom as captain? Are you at all worried about the Canberra back row rotation?

I'm guessing Mannah is there mainly for the byes, or you think he'll see a big score improvement too? I am thinking of starting with Woods and then trading to Mannah just before origin starts.

Gillett the one you don' see often. Think he is in for a big year.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:09 pm

In regards to Mannah, I'm hoping the reduced interchanges see him at 50-55 minutes/game.

I hear both Beasts and Milchy's concerns over Fensom and Gillette. Centers are staying as is. I'd like to upgrade Fensom to Manners to have a solid captain option. I could downgrade Gillette to JDB, but I would need to lose another 20K somewhere else. Option 1 would be Tolman down to McGuire. Option 2 would be AReynolds to Sezer or Maloney.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Seggy, Peats
    Woods, McGuire, JTurbo
    WGraham, Tapine, Rochow
    DCE, Arey, Hastings
    Hurrell, Fergy, Auva'a
    Mansour, Holmes, Copley

15k left.

I was trying around with the middle prop, I could have LAM and Cam Smith or McGuire and Peats.

Thoughts?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:59 pm

Honeysett wrote:Seggy, Peats
    Woods, McGuire, JTurbo
    WGraham, Tapine, Rochow
    DCE, Arey, Hastings
    Hurrell, Fergy, Auva'a
    Mansour, Holmes, Copley

15k left.

I was trying around with the middle prop, I could have LAM and Cam Smith or McGuire and Peats.

Thoughts?

good scoring depth mate but lack of nailed on captain choice IMO! that smith LAM combo is better in my eyes anyway and solves the captain dilemma

like Fergo in he CTRs good call there
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:00 pm

That is a really good team, Honeysett. I'd have McGuire and Peats, personally. I've had Holmes in a few versions of my team, but what position he will play and whether or not he can be a good boy at night have thrown me off of him just a bit.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:05 pm

Woods, McGuire, JTurbo
    WGraham, Tapine, Rochow
    DCE, Arey, Hastings
    Hurrell, Fergy, Auva'a
    Mansour, Holmes, Copley

15k left.

Thoughts?

As others have said it's a pretty good team. Lack of major captain option could be something to consider but in saying that, Seggy, Woods and DCE can all consistently score 50s and 60s so you could try with them early on. Having Auva'a as a reserve could be a worry though and is a by-product of going after a 2nd gun half but enough people are running him in the starting side anyway so shouldn't matter

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:17 pm

Woods, McGuire, JTurbo
    WGraham, Tapine, Rochow
    DCE, Arey, Hastings
    Hurrell, Fergy, Auva'a
    Mansour, Holmes, Copley

15k left.

Thoughts?

I believe your earlier draft was also very solid. Good stuff. On a side note I think my highest ever Fantasy ranking was in my 2nd or 3rd year so things are looking up.
    2jzzzz

Post by 2jzzzz Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:29 am

Hi, this is my first ever year of playing and it's more for fun, to stay interested in the NRL now I'm in Victoria and the free live streaming offer.

Team:

I Luke (Nikorima)
    Papali J. Trbojevic (R. Packer Kaufusi)
    Parker (C) Mannering W. Graham (C. Lawrence B. Henry)
    Thurston Reynolds (Hastings A. Taylor)
    Hurrell Lafai (Auva'a Chee-Kam)
    Roberts Morgan Copley (Gutherson Manulelua)

I feel like my front rowers can be improved and a replacement for Reynolds needs to happen.

Any suggestions of better cheapies to fill my reserves?

Sam
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:18 am

2jzzzz wrote:Hi, this is my first ever year of playing and it's more for fun, to stay interested in the NRL now I'm in Victoria and the free live streaming offer.

Team:

I Luke (Nikorima)

I feel like my front rowers can be improved and a replacement for Reynolds needs to happen.

Sam

- Luke is out for the start of the year? (Means you will be running Nikorima.
    - Packer will struggle for minutes in the Dragons pack most likely.
    - Lawrence is only worth selecting if you want him at CTR. (You could move him there dropping Lafai/Hurrell or swapping them.) He isn't good enough, or make enough cash to warrant picking up.
    - I think Reynolds is fine to run with, I also think D. Cherry-Evans is a better option that Thurston based on potential, however it shouldn't matter too much.
    - There are cheaper options than Roberts with more upside. Roberts was utilised heavily in the Titans attack. However in a more structured attacking team, with more threats he could be more likely to have quiet games.
    - Morgan was great last year but his scores can be crazy inconsistent. (Relies heavily on tries, and attacking stats.) Again there are cheap options with good upsides. e.g. Gordon/Mansour/Slater/Holmes/Mann/Ferguson. (Applies for above as well.)
    - I wouldn't worry about NPR's as you can adjust on TLT and will need to as well.
    Scouter
    Scouter

Post by Scouter Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:20 am

2jzzzz wrote:Hi, this is my first ever year of playing and it's more for fun, to stay interested in the NRL now I'm in Victoria and the free live streaming offer.

Team:

I Luke (Nikorima)

Sam

Nice to see a team with a few different players, i like it. Although not a fan of J.Niko taking up one precious HKR spot as he is too much of a risk at this stage.
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:13 am

rhinoceroo wrote:I'll put up my Supercoach team because I've never played Supercoach before and have very little idea of what of I'm doing, so ANY feedback on where I'm spending my money wrong and why would be appreciated. I've basically just gone for the most attacking players I can find. Some of the minimum price options are dependent on teamlists.

Segeyaro (Parcell)
    Bromwich, Graham (Paea, Pangai)
    Surgess, Taumalolo, Merrin (TRex, Pauli, BHenry)
    SJ (ATaylor)
    Milford (Hastings)
    JRoberts, Ferguson, Copley, Hurrell (Auva'a, MCK, Abbey)
    RTS (Mitchell)

TRex, Taylor, Hastings and Paea currently pencilled in as scoring reserves.

some reading material for you.....
    http://overthelinesports.com.au/index.php/2016/02/01/must-haves-nrl-supercoach/
    and
    http://overthelinesports.com.au/index.php/2016/01/30/cash-cows-nrl-supercoach/
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:58 am

Rate My Team - Page 3 Image16

This is my team now. Pretty happy. Will just fiddle with the cheapies come team list time.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:12 am

@Sik,

Why go with Mitch Brown. Has never shown any fantasy value in the past so don't see why he would now. Priced so low for a reason and you are going to have to find a tonne of cash to upgrade him come final 17 time. Would swap around Henry and Gutherson just because there is no guarantee Henry even makes the game day 17 at this stage anyway. Besides that it is a very nice looking team. Just some things you could think about
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:16 am

Looking good Sik, you have a very solid bunch of reserves.

May end up wanting to downgrade one of your forwards to provide a bit more consistency in the backs. Are going to need some cheapies to fire early to do well there.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:17 am

Yeah. Meant to meantion only had brown in until teams were named then do the old switcheroo. Even trade some of the cheapies for starting or bench cheapies. But thanks for the heads up.

Did BHenry play and start as 2RF whenever he was fit last year. Or just off the bench for rotation?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:29 am

Sik wrote:Yeah. Meant to meantion only had brown in until teams were named then do the old switcheroo. Even trade some of the cheapies for starting or bench cheapies. But thanks for the heads up.

Did BHenry play and start as 2RF whenever he was fit last year. Or just off the bench for rotation?

Henry won't start this year. Hoffman, Thompson and Mannering have the back row locked in.
    I personally don't think he'll do well fantasy wise, but a lot of people putting faith in him.

quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:14 am

Random wrote:

- Luke is out for the start of the year? (Means you will be running Nikorima.
    - Packer will struggle for minutes in the Dragons pack most likely.
    - Lawrence is only worth selecting if you want him at CTR. (You could move him there dropping Lafai/Hurrell or swapping them.) He isn't good enough, or make enough cash to warrant picking up.
    - I think Reynolds is fine to run with, I also think D. Cherry-Evans is a better option that Thurston based on potential, however it shouldn't matter too much.
    - There are cheaper options than Roberts with more upside. Roberts was utilised heavily in the Titans attack. However in a more structured attacking team, with more threats he could be more likely to have quiet games.
    - Morgan was great last year but his scores can be crazy inconsistent. (Relies heavily on tries, and attacking stats.) Again there are cheap options with good upsides. e.g. Gordon/Mansour/Slater/Holmes/Mann/Ferguson. (Applies for above as well.)
    - I wouldn't worry about NPR's as you can adjust on TLT and will need to as well.

what happened to Luke ?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:37 am

I am pretty sure he is suspended. Don't quote me on it.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:06 pm