NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rate My Team 2018

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Rate My Team 2018 Empty Rate My Team 2018

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:41 pm

Another year, another thread.
    B/L
    B/L

Rate My Team 2018 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2018

Post by B/L Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:56 pm

Poor team, start again.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:16 am

Real talk though, I will actually follow up and review teams in my free time.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:27 pm

This thread is underrated.

Rate my team please, k thanks.

Smith (c)
    Fifita (vc), JBrom
    Harris, Murray, Cartwright
    JT, Croft
    Hiku, Milne
    Teddy, Ponga, GI

Watson
    Lodge
    Garvey/Havili
    Croker

Cheapies from TLT on bench.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Rate my team please.

Tedesco (VC)
    Tedesco Tedesco
    Tedesco Tedesco Tedesco
    Tedesco Tedesco
    Tedesco Tedesco
    Tedesco Tedesco (C) Tedesco

Tedesco Tedesco Tedesco Tedesco

Roosters player, so it's ok to be a few Million above the cap, right?

Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:07 pm

dreamers wrote:This thread is underrated.

Smith (c)
    Fifita (vc), JBrom
    JT, Croft
    Hiku, Milne
    Teddy, Ponga, GI

Watson
    Lodge
    Garvey/Havili
    Croker

Honestly, this looks good. Personally I'm expecting a bounce back year form JBrom. I do have a ? around Cartwright though, but that's just personal opinion.

Who will you swap Hiku to if he doesn't start? Kata/Ayshford/Fusitua (Maybe) Hiku all fighting for 2 CTR position.

Finchy rating: 8.5/10
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:59 pm

dreamers wrote:This thread is underrated.

Smith (c)
    Fifita (vc), JBrom
    JT, Croft
    Hiku, Milne
    Teddy, Ponga, GI

Watson
    Lodge
    Garvey/Havili
    Croker

Going to focus on the more PoD players.

Thurston - In the games he played in 2017 he averaged 48 Points. In 2016 he averaged 48 points and finally in 2015 he averaged 58 points. The Cowboys had an amazing year in 2015 and the biggest difference was his Run Meters which helped boom his greater score. He is discounted due to injuries last year to 44 points. With Morgan growing in leaps and bounds and being 34 now. I think around 50 points is his average. Meaning there isn't a much value there. If you think he can repeat his 2015 average and hit around 58 points. Then that is the 10 point jump you would want to see in midrange guy. That with Origin is a boost. I just see it as unlikely he returns to his 2015 form. There is also a ton of value in the HLFs that you have loaded up on, so you could definitely turn Thurston to a gun in another position.

Fifita - 2017 avg. 54 points, 2016 avg. 63 points, 2015 avg. 60 points. So it is likely he hits a return to form return and he should go close to the 10 point jump I mentioned before. He is a big investment, especially if he turns out like Merrin did last year. Either way I like this pick more than the Thurston one.

Bromwich - Bromwich was 14 points down on last year. With no real reason IIRC for the form slump, it really comes down to him bouncing back. Which I am currently hoping for as well.

Overall Notes: You pretty much cover every position on your bench off the bat anyway, so depth isn't an issue. The biggest issue would be finding enough cheapies to fill your bench considering you nabbed quite a few already. Either way I think Thurston offers enough upside to take a punt and that money could be spread elsewhere.
    NewyCoop

Post by NewyCoop Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:48 am

I'm looking at a Smith-less team at the moment. Currently running with:

Cook
    Fifita (C), JBrom
    Brown (VC), Murray, Arrow
    Thurston, Watson
    Aitken, Milne
    Tedesco, Ponga, Hiku

Lichaa, Lodge, Cartwright, Garvey

Croker, 3 x Cheapies
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:52 pm

NewyCoop wrote:I'm looking at a Smith-less team at the moment. Currently running with:

Cook
    Fifita (C), JBrom
    Brown (VC), Murray, Arrow
    Thurston, Watson
    Aitken, Milne
    Tedesco, Ponga, Hiku

Croker, 3 x Cheapies

My thoughts sort of cover Fifita/Thurston in the team above yours. Honestly though between the team above and this, there isn't much differences. Brown is nice, but you are betting on Fifita to not only return to form but increase to match Smith's level.

The other interesting pick is starting with Aitken who I have no idea about. Is he underpriced? A mid ranger you are hoping finds consistency? A gun? From memory apart from his debut year, he sort of hit that plateau.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:47 am

Friend
    Fifita JBrom
    Brown , Murray, Arrow
    Croft, Watson
    Mitchell Milne
    Ponga GI Hiku

Coote, Hastings x2 cheapies
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:33 am

First go at a team. Anything obvious I've ballsed up before I change it all again after the first TLT?

Smith
    Napa - Lussick
    Mannering - Brown - Hoffman
    Cleary - Cartwright
    Mitchell - Hayne
    Whare - Tedesco - Coote

Arrow - LBrown - LCroker - Pangai

Opacic - 3 x cheapie TLT pending.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:59 am

@ryno_, that is the most original team posted yet.

No Milne, Ponga, Hiku, Kennar, Murray Lodge

LeBrown is terrible. He won't start and will provide no fantasy value at all.

Many people have doubts about Hayne at centre, but if you are comfortable then go for it.

Are you confident Cleary can repeat last year's effort. Penrith's apparent implosion plus addition of Maloney worry me.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:25 am

Milchcow wrote:
    @ryno_, that is the most original team posted yet.

No Milne, Ponga, Hiku, Kennar, Murray Lodge

LeBrown is terrible. He won't start and will provide no fantasy value at all.

Many people have doubts about Hayne at centre, but if you are comfortable then go for it.

Are you confident Cleary can repeat last year's effort. Penrith's apparent implosion plus addition of Maloney worry me.

Wont put Lodge in. Tried for a few PODs, may have gone overboard. Come TLT im sure ill have all the standard, obvious cash cows.

For the price, im happy to roll the dice on the Hayne plane. Going from the Titans to Eels he should get better opportunities with the ball.  

Cleary, im going with the theory of _everything_ has to roll through him, even more then last year. Maloney isnt creative enough to steal his thunder. Plus, he's on a 12week audition for a blues jersey, got plenty to play for. Cheers for the thoughts.
    Stuffness
    Stuffness

Post by Stuffness Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:21 pm

First draft, anyone got any improvement ideas?

Cook
    Jbrom, Lodge
    Brown, Murray, Arrow
    Watson, Cartwright
    Lmitchell, Milne
    Nofo, Ponga, Inglis

Lichaa, Havili, NAS, Latu

RFM, Croker, Hiku, Kikau

374k left itb but i do like to have a bit of cash left over for any duds in the first few rounds eg. phythian last year.
    Farah could be an issue for cook but i think he'll be fine.
    No value in nofo but unless i'm missing someone i dont see much value left in the wfb so went with set and forget.
    Have my doubts on inglis also.
    Latu becomes Kane Evans if he doesnt start because of carty and if both dont start then i would start looking at maybe lussick or ese ese pending their minutes. Otherwise i would probably spend my left over cash and upgrade to a james graham or similar.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:38 am

Stuffness wrote:First draft, anyone got any improvement ideas?

Cook
    Jbrom, Lodge
    Brown, Murray, Arrow
    Watson, Cartwright
    Lmitchell, Milne
    Nofo, Ponga, Inglis

Lichaa, Havili, NAS, Latu

RFM, Croker, Hiku, Kikau

374k left itb but i do like to have a bit of cash left over for any duds in the first few rounds eg. phythian last year.
    Farah could be an issue for cook but i think he'll be fine.
    No value in nofo but unless i'm missing someone i dont see much value left in the wfb so went with set and forget.
    Have my doubts on inglis also.
    Latu becomes Kane Evans if he doesnt start because of carty and if both dont start then i would start looking at maybe lussick or ese ese pending their minutes. Otherwise i would probably spend my left over cash and upgrade to a james graham or similar.

The HLFs seem a little light relying on Cartwright and a Rookie to fill one of the positions could be a risk. (Though I can't talk they are my back ups.)

Latu may have his minutes up in the air depending on how the Titans shape up and if James shifts to the FRF. (You have that planned and covered for.)

I personally have not been sold on Mitchell just due to his inconsistency, but if he strings games together could be a decent keeper or make a stack of cash.

Nofo is a winger, and while I love Nofo it makes it hard to select him when Trbojevic and Edwards are just a little more.

Coote, Whare, Fonua could all be cashcow options if you don't like say Hayne.

Other than that solid team without Smith using Brown as Captain and guessing JBrom and/or Murray as the VC.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 am

RMT. TIA!

Smith
    JBrom, Lodge
    Murray, Arrow, RFM
    JT, Croft
    Hiku, Milne
    Ponga, TTrbo, Mansour

McGuire, Cook, Cartwright, Havili

Kikau, LLeilua, Croker, Kennar
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:40 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:RMT. TIA!

Smith
    JBrom, Lodge
    Murray, Arrow, RFM
    JT, Croft
    Hiku, Milne
    Ponga, TTrbo, Mansour

McGuire, Cook, Cartwright, Havili

Kikau, LLeilua, Croker, Kennar

Pretty standard cut team, I don't like JT too much as he would need to at least return to his 2015 form. To make some decent coin. Which is a bit too much for me, especially with Morgan on the up and will want to make an impact for Origin this year.

J. Mansour - Not too much upside, he had an injury affected season last year. He still made the 10 matches to avoid the discount. His average last year although injury affected was down by 2 points from the year before. So he doesn't have much of an area to grow in terms of score. As well as having an injured season in 2015 and then again in 2017 makes him a possible injury. Unless that is a pattern then he is all clear this year. With some extra cash you could pick up Edwards or hope for a rebound from Tuivasa-Scheck.

McGuire - I think he is around his peak. He can hit those big scores but at the end of the day will hover at that 50 point mark. There are other options and cheaper options you could look at. He has been hyped up at starting the seasons strong and gaining a boat load of cash. For his price I would prefer someone who would jump to Keeper status.

Other than that, the rest are stock standard selections.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Random wrote:

Pretty standard cut team, I don't like JT too much as he would need to at least return to his 2015 form. To make some decent coin. Which is a bit too much for me, especially with Morgan on the up and will want to make an impact for Origin this year.

J. Mansour - Not too much upside, he had an injury affected season last year. He still made the 10 matches to avoid the discount. His average last year although injury affected was down by 2 points from the year before. So he doesn't have much of an area to grow in terms of score. As well as having an injured season in 2015 and then again in 2017 makes him a possible injury. Unless that is a pattern then he is all clear this year. With some extra cash you could pick up Edwards or hope for a rebound from Tuivasa-Scheck.

McGuire - I think he is around his peak. He can hit those big scores but at the end of the day will hover at that 50 point mark. There are other options and cheaper options you could look at. He has been hyped up at starting the seasons strong and gaining a boat load of cash. For his price I would prefer someone who would jump to Keeper status.

Other than that, the rest are stock standard selections.

Not sure about your JT reasoning. He's priced at a 44 average and scored at a 48 average last year. Even if he makes no improvement (and I would expect he'd probably get back to 50 at least) he'd make 50+k and score well while doing it. 4-6pt average increase isn't value for a cow or midrange, but it's great for an established top tier player.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:40 pm

For the sake of discussion - here's another setup I'm considering. I like it, but there's the elephant in the room of no Smith (and weak HOK cover)

Cook
    Fifita, JBrom
    Brown, Murray, Arrow
    Croft, Mbye
    Hayne, Hiku
    TTrbo, Ponga, Mitchell

RFM, Lodge, Cartwright, Havili

Croker, Milne, LLeilua, Kikau
    bandgeekmafia78

Post by bandgeekmafia78 Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:35 pm

RMT please! Struggling this season. Thanks.

Smith
    Ese'ese Asofa-Solomona
    Brown Arrow Murray
    Cronk Walker
    Mitchell Milne
    Coote Tedesco Hiku

Gray Cartwright Lichaa Lodge
    Kikau Croker Butcher Kennar

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 am