NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 13 - The Milfening

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 13 - The Milfening - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 13 - The Milfening

Post by robelgordo Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:56 am

Jele wrote:

2. is the main reason I'm reluctant to make changes at this point - who knows what else is coming?  But depending on your team structure, Koro to say Papalii or SST could give you a nice little bank and may not cost you too much in points - at least for round 1.

Thanks! Was initially thinking Koro -> AFB (have SST)

I think I’ll wait and see for now
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 13 - The Milfening - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 13 - The Milfening

Post by easytiger Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:58 am

my tv broke wrote:The Gosi gonna score more than Riki joke prediciton is looking pretty good

I dunno, 23 points - if there's one guy that could fail to hit that in the second row it's the Gos (or he might score a double and hit 29)
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:13 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Lodge is an unlucky break. Like most I think he loses a lot of value when Haas comes back so unless he plays next week he is probably a trade for me. Looking at the likes of Leniu, Alvaro, Faamausili, Uto even Magoulias as possible options. Role is more important than score for these guys when sizing up replacements.

Hard to take anything out of that game in terms of minutes for the forwards with all the injuries to the Broncos

Milford got the role I didn't expect and is firmly back on the radar with nearly 500 kick metres. Of note Turpin kicked the ball more than Croft which should leave Milford's role pretty secure. Not sure I will have to cash to splash, or a second under performing player, but while he is kicking the piss out of the ball he is fantasy relevant.

Turpin with the most boring 53 I've seen in a while. Hard to get inspired watching him play, but if he makes me 150k I'll hold.

Paulo had his score bailed out by a late try and doesn't seem to have the minutes that Brad Arthur hinted at. Hard pass for me and glad I didn't end up with him

Moses and Matterson firmly got out of jail with a late run of points. Both looked on track for a sub 30 at half time. I think the "Moses loses his kick metres" narative is heavily over blown. In the first half, the Eels kept dropping the ball before they could get to last tackle so no one got to kick. In the second half Moses seemed to be first receiver on a similar number of last tackle plays to last year, but they ran the ball a fair bit to try and chase points. Definitely a hold for me, but feel very lucky to have gotten away with a 60 rather than a 30

Opacic so far has the points in the battle of the cheap centres. Looked solid defensively and did some work coming out of his own end. Won't make 20 tackles every week but should add some attacking stats for a 30-35 average.

Papali'i was incredible off the bench. Not sure that role is sustainable, having played more minutes than RCG and will probably be a better real life player than fantasy player

Good post

If Turpin's 53 was boring, I hope McCullough scoring 60+ cures insomnia
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:14 am

Welshy wrote:
    a Matt/Rabbits hybrid team. My word

I have a weird analogy that has ruminated in my head, in which;

Matt is the Anthony Seibold of the forum. Despite peoples frustrations with him, he has some interesting ideas about how to achieve excellence. The problem is, he tends to over think it and is maybe trying too hard to come at things from a different angle - when coming closer to the pack-thought (with a smaller, more selective amount of outside-the-box ideas) would likely give him better results.

Rabbits would then be Kevvy Walters. In isolation he might not look like the greatest coach, but he's extremely consultative and thrives at bringing other opinions into the fold (some may say a little too much). He is somewhat selective about whose opinions he applies more value to than others, which probably helps as well.

At the end of the day, I'd back Rabbits (or Kevvy) to do better of the two approaches.

Naturally MTB would be a mellow version of Craig Bellamy - consistent & purposeful - but without the coaches box meltdowns (or at least as far as we know).
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:18 am

easytiger wrote:

Matt is the Anthony Seibold of the forum. Despite peoples frustrations with him, he has some interesting ideas about how to achieve excellence. The problem is, he tends to over think it and is maybe trying too hard to come at things from a different angle - when coming closer to the pack-thought (with a smaller, more selective amount of outside-the-box ideas) would likely give him better results.

Rabbits would then be Kevvy Walters. In isolation he might not look like the greatest coach, but he's extremely consultative and thrives at bringing other opinions into the fold (some may say a little too much). He is somewhat selective about whose opinions he applies more value to than others, which probably helps as well.

At the end of the day, I'd back Rabbits (or Kevvy) to do better of the two approaches.

Naturally MTB would be a mellow version of Craig Bellamy - consistent & purposeful - but without the coaches box meltdowns (or at least as far as we know).
    You absolute beauty 😂😂😂
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:22 am

easytiger wrote:

Very good. Do we have a Michael Maguire or Ricky Stuart? Better still, who is most likely to slap one of his players in the face to fire them up? Who would be Wayne?
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:24 am

robelgordo wrote:

Thanks! Was initially thinking Koro -> AFB (have SST)

I think I’ll wait and see for now

for what its worth, i’ll probably stick solid too. I worry about accidentally getting too many mid-rangers, rather than guns and cows.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:26 am

Dolamite wrote:Riki 10 missed tackles. He needs to stop flying out of the line trying to put on big hits

At least half of those misses can be attributed to the whole team being gassed at the end and leaving him isolated to try and handle Moses and co alone when he had nothing in the tank. Hopefully that whole right edge can gel a little better in D going forward. He'll be fine for a high 30s average.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:27 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Lodge is an unlucky break. Like most I think he loses a lot of value when Haas comes back so unless he plays next week he is probably a trade for me. Looking at the likes of Leniu, Alvaro, Faamausili, Uto even Magoulias as possible options. Role is more important than score for these guys when sizing up replacements.

Hard to take anything out of that game in terms of minutes for the forwards with all the injuries to the Broncos

Milford got the role I didn't expect and is firmly back on the radar with nearly 500 kick metres. Of note Turpin kicked the ball more than Croft which should leave Milford's role pretty secure. Not sure I will have to cash to splash, or a second under performing player, but while he is kicking the piss out of the ball he is fantasy relevant.

Turpin with the most boring 53 I've seen in a while. Hard to get inspired watching him play, but if he makes me 150k I'll hold.

Paulo had his score bailed out by a late try and doesn't seem to have the minutes that Brad Arthur hinted at. Hard pass for me and glad I didn't end up with him

Moses and Matterson firmly got out of jail with a late run of points. Both looked on track for a sub 30 at half time. I think the "Moses loses his kick metres" narative is heavily over blown. In the first half, the Eels kept dropping the ball before they could get to last tackle so no one got to kick. In the second half Moses seemed to be first receiver on a similar number of last tackle plays to last year, but they ran the ball a fair bit to try and chase points. Definitely a hold for me, but feel very lucky to have gotten away with a 60 rather than a 30

Opacic so far has the points in the battle of the cheap centres. Looked solid defensively and did some work coming out of his own end. Won't make 20 tackles every week but should add some attacking stats for a 30-35 average.

Papali'i was incredible off the bench. Not sure that role is sustainable, having played more minutes than RCG and will probably be a better real life player than fantasy player

Good post.
    Just on Paulo;
    Paulo had his score bailed out by a late try and doesn't seem to have the minutes that Brad Arthur hinted at.

He managed 59 minutes which compares to 46 for his first match last year, and it took till round 4 (after Covid break) to reach that number of minutes.
    He played 59 minutes or more on 9 of 22 occasions last year - averaging 54MPG.

So it's possible he builds up to more minutes than that, which would allow for the increased minutes that Arthur suggested (it just might not be as much of an increase as some people think/want).

I think one question is whether him coming back for a third stint was planned (or simply contextual due to the nature of the game).
    If he hadn't come back for the third stint he ends up playing 47 minutes.
    He's probably a watch and see, by which point he probably becomes a pass anyway... (especially given the fortuitous 77 to start)
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:28 am

Question would you downgrade Teddy to say RTS to free up enough cash to replace Lodge with somebody good in the 600k range (My only other MID at the moment is Stefano, whoops) next week or would you keep Teddy in your team and hold out to see if Leniu or Fuimaono are decent downgrades for Lodge?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:30 am

Tbh i think Arthur was trolling all pre season.

- said mahoney wont be an 80 min player, plays 80 first up
    - said they dont want D brown taking on any responsibility (organisinf work), swaps to right (which wasnt seen until trial) and KMs go up
    - says Paulo will be playing really big mins ie closer to 80. Plays 60.

Agree last point he may build up more mins..
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:31 am

Welshy wrote:
    You absolute beauty 😂😂😂

You could be the Ricky Stuart - no time for sooks (looking at you Latrell), happy to back an off-the-boil player with a second chance (Milford last year), and don't take shit from the media or silly statements (e.g. someone saying JBrailey is a bad buy) - of course the associations with the other Rugby helps too Laughing
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:31 am

Jele wrote:

Very good. Do we have a Michael Maguire or Ricky Stuart? Better still, who is most likely to slap one of his players in the face to fire them up? Who would be Wayne?

Shotgun Justin Holbrook, in that you don't know it yet but I'm leading my team to a premiership this season.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:33 am

Not fantasy or league but something for the youngsters, Christian Cullen
    Got to remember this was the amateur era against world class competition and he consistently did this
    Has a heap of 100m tries too, here is only a small portion of his long rangers
    Can only imagine he if played league
    Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPf-tC6qKSY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSWq45VufaI&t=116s
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:33 am

easytiger wrote:

Good post.
    Just on Paulo;
    Paulo had his score bailed out by a late try and doesn't seem to have the minutes that Brad Arthur hinted at.

He managed 59 minutes which compares to 46 for his first match last year, and it took till round 4 (after Covid break) to reach that number of minutes.
    He played 59 minutes or more on 9 of 22 occasions last year - averaging 54MPG.

So it's possible he builds up to more minutes than that, which would allow for the increased minutes that Arthur suggested (it just might not be as much of an increase as some people think/want).

I think one question is whether him coming back for a third stint was planned (or simply contextual due to the nature of the game).
    If he hadn't come back for the third stint he ends up playing 47 minutes.
    He's probably a watch and see, by which point he probably becomes a pass anyway... (especially given the fortuitous 77 to start)
    The rotations with Paulo having an 8 minute break in the first half, then coming back on again would indicate that the plan was always to have him play 3 stints.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:35 am

Mr Snrub wrote:Question would you downgrade Teddy to say RTS to free up enough cash to replace Lodge with somebody good in the 600k range (My only other MID at the moment is Stefano, whoops) next week or would you keep Teddy in your team and hold out to see if Leniu or Fuimaono are decent downgrades for Lodge?

Annoying you cant see Fui before making that decision.

Ill stick strong with teddy and just wait and see with Lodge/replacement options. The guy i was going to downgrase teddy to has already played (Latrell), and funnily enough that move was going to allow me to turn Lodge into a keeper like Yeo.. ah hindsight eh. Cant predixt injuries so doesnt matter
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:36 am

Jele wrote:

Milch is probably the most likely to be the Wayne. Just has that vibe of being a little bit wily and always quick with the old sardonic statement when someone says something a little silly (X is likely to sub their 2nd Rower off after 30 minutes)...

NoWorries is probably Madge - he has an intensity that at times scares me a little - but I'm glad he's on my team (Tigers)
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:37 am

easytiger wrote:

You could be the Ricky Stuart - no time for sooks (looking at you Latrell), happy to back an off-the-boil player with a second chance (Milford last year), and don't take shit from the media or silly statements (e.g. someone saying JBrailey is a bad buy) - of course the associations with the other Rugby helps too Laughing
    haha I’d take Ricky. Rocking the Mullet also adding links
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:38 am

Boozecluez wrote:Not fantasy or league but something for the youngsters, Christian Cullen
    Got to remember this was the amateur era against world class competition and he consistently did this
    Has a heap of 100m tries too, here is only a small portion of his long rangers
    Can only imagine he if played league
    Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPf-tC6qKSY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSWq45VufaI&t=116s
    Me and Filth reminiscing about Cullen earlier. My favourite player of all time, unbelievable talent.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:38 am

easytiger wrote:

haha great post, you can't stop now
    Keep them coming

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 pm