NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 13 - The Milfening

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 13 - The Milfening - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 13 - The Milfening

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:38 am

Camo123 wrote:

LOL at Dufty in that video saying I wish we had wingers like that with the Mead try

Guth with all the "meh wingers should be doing that", ok, mate.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 13 - The Milfening - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 13 - The Milfening

Post by robelgordo Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:39 am

lewis9966 wrote:

Haha no worries. Thanks both.

Wonder what Watson’s role would have been without the injuries. He got moved back to the bench before kick off didn’t he?

Yeah Sue promoted to start ahead of him. My assumption is he plays middle and gets 40-50 minutes anyway last night. Similar to Jazz or Peachey. Funnily enough he scored better playing 5/8 than he normally will in the forwards.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:48 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Guth with all the "meh wingers should be doing that", ok, mate.

Watto the best future pundit... "It where it all [luck and skill] meets bro". Then ends the vid with a champagne rugby league call.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:49 am

Any thoughts on Meads likely average? Somewhere around the 30 mark? No idea where to find the stats apart from MTVBs website.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:55 am

lewis9966 wrote:

Haha no worries. Thanks both.

Wonder what Watson’s role would have been without the injuries. He got moved back to the bench before kick off didn’t he?

Yeah 50 mins in the middle, same as what he'd started doing early last year. But such a utility that he can end up playing anywhere with an injury.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:57 am

Milchcow wrote:

Milford played last night

Clap
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:08 am

Lodge is an unlucky break. Like most I think he loses a lot of value when Haas comes back so unless he plays next week he is probably a trade for me. Looking at the likes of Leniu, Alvaro, Faamausili, Uto even Magoulias as possible options. Role is more important than score for these guys when sizing up replacements.

Hard to take anything out of that game in terms of minutes for the forwards with all the injuries to the Broncos

Milford got the role I didn't expect and is firmly back on the radar with nearly 500 kick metres. Of note Turpin kicked the ball more than Croft which should leave Milford's role pretty secure. Not sure I will have to cash to splash, or a second under performing player, but while he is kicking the piss out of the ball he is fantasy relevant.

Turpin with the most boring 53 I've seen in a while. Hard to get inspired watching him play, but if he makes me 150k I'll hold.

Paulo had his score bailed out by a late try and doesn't seem to have the minutes that Brad Arthur hinted at. Hard pass for me and glad I didn't end up with him

Moses and Matterson firmly got out of jail with a late run of points. Both looked on track for a sub 30 at half time. I think the "Moses loses his kick metres" narative is heavily over blown. In the first half, the Eels kept dropping the ball before they could get to last tackle so no one got to kick. In the second half Moses seemed to be first receiver on a similar number of last tackle plays to last year, but they ran the ball a fair bit to try and chase points. Definitely a hold for me, but feel very lucky to have gotten away with a 60 rather than a 30

Opacic so far has the points in the battle of the cheap centres. Looked solid defensively and did some work coming out of his own end. Won't make 20 tackles every week but should add some attacking stats for a 30-35 average.

Papali'i was incredible off the bench. Not sure that role is sustainable, having played more minutes than RCG and will probably be a better real life player than fantasy player
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:10 am

I have Host, Avo and Riki. Not planning on rage trading anyone yet. Host and Riki broke even and Avo was cheap. I’ll run them for another week.

I am nervous about Moylan though, I have Milf as half cover and Simonnsson as WFB cover so I think I will trade him to someone else less than $400k.

I do think Taumalolo will do well but I couldn’t afford him and Angus and I decided it was too much risk not to go with Angus.

Bring on Tapine Sunday my main POD, I hope he kills it.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:13 am

Thickshake wrote:Any thoughts on Meads likely average? Somewhere around the 30 mark? No idea where to find the stats apart from MTVBs website.

You can see stats on my team planner linked on first post.

Averaged 28 in 2017 (3 tries in 7 games)
    26.7 in 2016 as a winger (3 tries in 6 games) - also averaged 33 as a fullback that year
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:16 am

Taps is in some rare form, don't mind that shout.... Why didn't I think of that I even have him in draft hmm
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:20 am

Milchcow wrote:

You can see stats on my team planner linked on first post.

Averaged 28 in 2017 (3 tries in 7 games)
    26.7 in 2016 as a winger (3 tries in 6 games) - also averaged 33 as a fullback that year

Thanks. I'll run with 28.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:23 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Lodge is an unlucky break. Like most I think he loses a lot of value when Haas comes back so unless he plays next week he is probably a trade for me. Looking at the likes of Leniu, Alvaro, Faamausili, Uto even Magoulias as possible options. Role is more important than score for these guys when sizing up replacements.

Hard to take anything out of that game in terms of minutes for the forwards with all the injuries to the Broncos

Milford got the role I didn't expect and is firmly back on the radar with nearly 500 kick metres. Of note Turpin kicked the ball more than Croft which should leave Milford's role pretty secure. Not sure I will have to cash to splash, or a second under performing player, but while he is kicking the piss out of the ball he is fantasy relevant.

Turpin with the most boring 53 I've seen in a while. Hard to get inspired watching him play, but if he makes me 150k I'll hold.

Paulo had his score bailed out by a late try and doesn't seem to have the minutes that Brad Arthur hinted at. Hard pass for me and glad I didn't end up with him

Moses and Matterson firmly got out of jail with a late run of points. Both looked on track for a sub 30 at half time. I think the "Moses loses his kick metres" narative is heavily over blown. In the first half, the Eels kept dropping the ball before they could get to last tackle so no one got to kick. In the second half Moses seemed to be first receiver on a similar number of last tackle plays to last year, but they ran the ball a fair bit to try and chase points. Definitely a hold for me, but feel very lucky to have gotten away with a 60 rather than a 30

Opacic so far has the points in the battle of the cheap centres. Looked solid defensively and did some work coming out of his own end. Won't make 20 tackles every week but should add some attacking stats for a 30-35 average.

Papali'i was incredible off the bench. Not sure that role is sustainable, having played more minutes than RCG and will probably be a better real life player than fantasy player

Thanks for these write-ups MS, super insightful.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:38 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Lodge is an unlucky break. Like most I think he loses a lot of value when Haas comes back so unless he plays next week he is probably a trade for me. Looking at the likes of Leniu, Alvaro, Faamausili, Uto even Magoulias as possible options. Role is more important than score for these guys when sizing up replacements.

Arthur did his best to keep Paulo on the field, played him in 3 stints. A watchlist for me.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:39 am

Papadontbleach wrote:I have Host, Avo and Riki. Not planning on rage trading anyone yet. Host and Riki broke even and Avo was cheap. I’ll run them for another week.

I am nervous about Moylan though, I have Milf as half cover and Simonnsson as WFB cover so I think I will trade him to someone else less than $400k.

I do think Taumalolo will do well but I couldn’t afford him and Angus and I decided it was too much risk not to go with Angus.

Bring on Tapine Sunday my main POD, I hope he kills it.
    I have Tapine as well
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:40 am

Was just looking at downgrading Koro to a MID, and free up cash and positional depth for a Lodge -> Milf trade next week.

In the end what’s holding me back is:

1. Sacrificing points today for cash and maybe points next week seems risky
    2. Especially as with 5/8ths of the round left a solution could just emerge

Is the rationale right? Or go for it?
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:47 am

robelgordo wrote:Was just looking at downgrading Koro to a MID, and free up cash and positional depth for a Lodge -> Milf trade next week.

In the end what’s holding me back is:

1. Sacrificing points today for cash and maybe points next week seems risky
    2. Especially as with 5/8ths of the round left a solution could just emerge

Is the rationale right? Or go for it?

2. is the main reason I'm reluctant to make changes at this point - who knows what else is coming?  But depending on your team structure, Koro to say Papalii or SST could give you a nice little bank and may not cost you too much in points - at least for round 1.
    Dolamite
    Dolamite

Post by Dolamite Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:50 am

Riki 10 missed tackles. He needs to stop flying out of the line trying to put on big hits
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:53 am

mattnz wrote:
    I have Tapine as well

Tapine Double on Sunday for us
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:56 am

The Gosi gonna score more than Riki joke prediciton is looking pretty good
    michaelz101
    michaelz101

Post by michaelz101 Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:56 am

After watching the first 3 games. Some moves are needed. If you counted lodge and riki then you’ll need to do some tinkering. With no money ITB it is hard to fill them out with cheapies. I am going to downgrade one or 2 of my guns so at least I can field a decent playing 17. As much as I would like a teddy or a Cleary start, I have to fill 2 gaping holes in my team all of a sudden and that takes precedent.  Riki I don’t think at full strength will play 80mins.

Last edited by michaelz101 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 am