NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:19 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

We all gonna be taking about Deitz in just the same way some day, you just member that! Basketball

There was a scenario tonight where he was in my team because he is the only player in the NRL under $246K actually suiting up this week, and I was down to $243K. Ditched that scenario since, though.

I will declare, I am having a real fuck of a time trying to figure out the final four or so spots in my team. Two completely different scenarios.
    Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:20 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

I reckon those are pretty accurate. Add to that a few tackle busts and what not because his biggest strength is running the footy and that's what he's in the team to do.

Exactly my point mate I'd put Lam around 35 before adding any attacking stats or de-merits.

Obviously if Roosters falter he's out first for Walker but I don't think it comes to that
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:22 pm

Welshy wrote:

Exactly my point mate I'd put Lam around 35 before adding any attacking stats or de-merits.

Obviously if Roosters falter he's out first for Walker but I don't think it comes to that

Yeah Walker still got a bit to go with his physical frame. Once he gets that where it needs to be I'd assume it will be all systems go.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:23 pm

What minutes does everyone see Welch being able to get? 50+ on a regular basis??
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:24 pm

Welshy wrote:

I'd go the most expensive of the trio and trade down if required

Why?. I wouldn't. Absolutely no difference, all things being equal, between "trading down" as you say from say 300k to 246k, or going with 246k and keeping 50k odd and trading. It's a trade and no real difference in cash or points in any event. Pick the guy with the most upside. Good luck with that, the prognosis for both of them is guarded at best.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:26 pm

Last post for the night I swear. This one is a tight choice.

TU: Teddy and Munster

TD: Cleary and RTS
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Why?. I wouldn't. Absolutely no difference, all things being equal,  between "trading down" as you say from say 300k to 246k, or going with 246k and keeping 50k odd and trading. It's a trade and no real difference in cash or points in any event. Pick the guy with the most upside. Good luck with that, the prognosis for both of them is guarded at best.

Because if the higher priced player does well you already have him, if he doesn't and guy below kills it/unexpected minutes etc you trade down and still have price covered

If you start with the dud, and the higher priced player kills it the price gets further away and might have other problems in squad which need fixing first leaving you with a base player with the price differential increasing every week
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:What minutes does everyone see Welch being able to get? 50+ on a regular basis??

I mean I'm not sure if he can improve much on ~55 minutes a week. He has a fantastic base and loves an offload so I think we can assume he will average 50 for the first four weeks. Will he keep the same role when Finucane comes back in the picture? He's in my team and at worst I think he averages 45 over 10 or so weeks and I can upgrade him with 80k profit
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Last post for the night I swear. This one is a tight choice.

TU: Teddy and Munster

TD: Cleary and RTS

Ted and Munster for me but only because I think Cleary drops a few and unsure on RTS

Ted should be Ted +/- 1/2 points and I think Munster is priced on his floor
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:39 pm

Welshy wrote:

Because if the higher priced player does well you already have him, if he doesn't and guy below kills it/unexpected minutes etc you trade down and still have price covered

If you start with the dud, and the higher priced player kills it the price gets further away and might have other problems in squad which need fixing first leaving you with a base player with the price differential increasing every week

Okay, fair enough but, I'd still rather just try and pick the best guy. There will 99.9% be another potato you have to get rid of to bridge the gap. we don't necessarily disagree, there's a lot of factors, but I'd rather spend a tiny amount in my nprs or keep a tiny amount of cash, and just get the guy in 21 who has the best prospects.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:45 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Okay, fair enough but, I'd still rather just try and pick the best guy. There will 99.9% be another potato you have to get rid of to bridge the gap. we don't necessarily disagree, there's a lot of factors, but I'd rather spend a tiny amount in my nprs or keep a tiny amount of cash, and just get the guy in 21 who has the best prospects.

This scenario is in the event you can't split them selections mate, obviously you pick the guy you think scores best if you are sure that goes without saying

Just think its safer if you are that unsure on role/point scoring potential etc

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:01 pm

Welshy wrote:

This scenario is in the event you can't split them selections mate, obviously you pick the guy you think scores best if you are sure that goes without saying

Just think its safer if you are that unsure on role/point scoring potential etc

Stefano, Alvaro, Leniu was the original question. I'm not picking any of them and I wouldn't use price as a deciding factor is all I'm saying, it makes no difference. Whether it's a good pick or not has nothing to do with whether they start at 246k or 300k. Points irrelevant if in NPRs, so just comes down to who makes more money. You said, pick the more expensive guy, I say pick the more expensive guy if you think he makes more money, otherwise just pick the other guy who you think makes more money. It's a subtle difference, but it's my opinion, not fact haha!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:10 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Stefano, Alvaro, Leniu was the original question. I'm not picking any of them and I wouldn't use price as a deciding factor is all I'm saying, it makes no difference. Whether it's a good pick or not has nothing to do with whether they start at 246k or 300k. Points irrelevant if in NPRs, so just comes down to who makes more money. You said, pick the more expensive guy, I say pick the more expensive guy if you think he makes more money, otherwise just pick the other guy who you think makes more money. It's a subtle difference, but it's my opinion, not fact haha!
    Problem is being able to separate them haha! Play it safe and start with the guy at a higher price so you have more leeway and/or options if you pick the incorrect one.
    If the base guy is a dud its much harder to move him out
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:25 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Problem is being able to separate them haha! Play it safe and start with the guy at a higher price so you have more leeway and/or options if you pick the incorrect one.
    If the base guy is a dud its much harder to move him out

Completely disagree. The more cash in the bank you have, the more leeway you have to make other trades that might be more important than picking up Leniu because he's scoring 30s to Stefano's 25s. (Obv you use that "leeway" up if you spend the cash you save somewhere else in your starting squad)

If the question is Leniu + 0k or Stefano +60k then you have to think Leniu is outscoring Stefano by *at least* 5 to go for him.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:30 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Completely disagree. The more cash in the bank you have, the more leeway you have to make other trades that might be more important than picking up Leniu because he's scoring 30s to Stefano's 25s. (Obv you use that "leeway" up if you spend the cash you save somewhere else in your starting squad)

If the question is Leniu + 0k or Stefano +60k then you have to think Leniu is outscoring Stefano by *at least* 5 to go for him.

Yeah only really applicable if you have used the extra up elsehwere
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:30 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Good post. It's making me want to take Host out of my NPRs for Gosi. Surely that twat can score over 30 in 80 mins. His scores without tries are quite sickening though and Davey riding the pine is a little weird
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:34 pm

ytsb wrote:

Good post. It's making me want to take Host out of my NPRs for Gosi. Surely that twat can score over 30 in 80 mins. His scores without tries are quite sickening though and Davey riding the pine is a little weird

Just got your message mate I just replied.

Sorry bro I’ve been hard at it.

I’ve lost count of my drafts it must be pushing close to 60 but I think I’m finally satisfied!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:36 pm

Sorry @my tv broke I won’t be joining the Milford League.
    Cantbeatwinners
    Cantbeatwinners

Post by Cantbeatwinners Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:00 pm

Alvaro and Moylan
    Milford and Simonsson

Alvaro/ Milford would be 4th reserve 17, Moylan and Simonsson would be unused subs 20, hopefully making money. Moylan is dpp so provides double cover which therefore gives me an extra middle cover in Alvaro. Option 1 leaves me about 70k, option 2 leaves me about 12k
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:06 pm

Cantbeatwinners wrote:Alvaro and Moylan
    Milford and Simonsson

Alvaro/ Milford would be 4th reserve 17, Moylan and Simonsson would be unused subs 20, hopefully making money. Moylan is dpp so provides double cover which  therefore gives me an extra middle cover in Alvaro. Option 1 leaves me about 70k, option 2 leaves me about 12k

A bunch of us think option 2 is better, including yours truly fwiw. We are so paranoid that it's a terrible decision that we (mtb) created an awareness group:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1552-illridewithmilf-the-league-of-extraordinarily-stupid-gentlepeople

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:24 am