NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:16 pm

I’m on for Latrell Mr Mearcat my good friend, we got this !!!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:20 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Where did Reimis line up when playing for your lot WL?

mainly winger I think
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:20 pm

Stuck on my final EMG spot. Currently have Moylan, Niu, Stefano. Shortlist:

Croker - Could look back and think it was silly not to start with a cheap hooker with no bench cover. Could also be dropped next week.  

Gos - Priced at 21, avg 34 in the second row over 40 mins. Current preference.

Hetherington - Priced at 24, minutes over 30 avg 34, better mid cover

Leniu - Passes the eye test, better mid cover, good bench for him getting minutes

Reimis - extra CTR cover never hurt

Simonsson - extra cash to spend on my #17

Can someone sway me?
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:24 pm

Back to the waddell chat, I’m pretty sold on taking the risk. It seems Barrett is a big fan seeing as he brought him from manly, his back row scores in nrl and nsw cup are well above his price point. Gotta take a couple risks and he and milf are it for me. Glad to be pretty settled on a squad for once.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:31 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:Back to the waddell chat, I’m pretty sold on taking the risk. It seems Barrett is a big fan seeing as he brought him from manly, his back row scores in nrl and nsw cup are well above his price point. Gotta take a couple risks and he and milf are it for me. Glad to be pretty settled on a squad for once.

That might be true but RFM was probably their best forward in 2020 & he's on the bench as he's coming back from injury. Waddell might not play 80 mins & could be back on the bench in round 2.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:33 pm

On Waddell, i don't know what info NRL Physio has, but he implied that RFM's benching was temporary while he worked back to fitness from his ankle injury. Waddell is currently in his jersey, so i don't like the job security there, but i can understand others betting on Elliot being the one to make way.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:35 pm

surmo13 wrote:

good enough reasoning for me, i approach fantasy with conventional thinking and I hover around the middle of the 'serious players' pack for my trouble, i I think it's time to venture outside the safety of the box, in full knowledge that there's every chance i'll spend R1 banging on the door begging to be let back into the box again Laughing

I just know the bloke can be a game changer. Whether it'll be in a good or bad way is a different story that I profess to know nothing about! But one of these years he has to come good and if it happens to be this year then I'll be one trade and few points in front of the majority. I'm happy to swing for it
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:35 pm

White Lightning wrote:

That might be true but RFM was probably their best forward in 2020 & he's on the bench as he's coming back from injury. Waddell might not play 80 mins & could be back on the bench in round 2.

As I said it is a risk and the other thing that could mean absolutely nothing but Elliot has been filling that left edge spot which is where rfm played so again risk but hopefully if Barrett decides to start rfm on edge (still could be see as a middle by Barrett) it’ll be Elliot dropping to beach as he is in left spot and he provides a bit of spark off the bench
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:35 pm

Feeling like Welch is a temporary solution to a long term problem
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:36 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:I’m on for Latrell Mr Mearcat my good friend, we got this !!!

Wahoo!! AR in as well! Now it's a party and I like to party!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:39 pm

I am trying to finalise my last spot in my team. Needs to be either a WFB or CTR for team balance. My only halves back up at the moment is Schuster, who I expect to be named on the bench this week and moving forward, with Cust not in the 21.

Have narrowed it down to a final 4:

Averillo - Under an injury cloud, if fit I also have Cotric and I really like combinations in my side that can go huge together (already have Lam / Crichton, Fog / Fifita, Lucy / Laurie who combined well in the trial, can see Laurie following him looking for offloads all game). His dual is handy as I am also light on back up halves.

D Walker - Cheaper than I expected after really low scores in 2 injured games last year for 1 and -1 scores. Fullbacks generally score decently and has a place back in the centers waiting for him when Turbo returns. Better job security than Averillo and no injury issues. Also has the handy dual HLF

Roberts - Has the most fantasy pedigree, can he get back to his best? Average at center last season was 10 higher than he is priced at. Doesn't help cover the halves.

Ramsey - While in a bad team, looks a good player. If things go badly at Dragons as expected, any major changes at the club always seem to end up with Dufty as the scapegoat. At fullback I would really rate him. Also not dual.

Thoughts?

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:42 pm

Hey mtb

your site says Daine Laurie is priced at 16, but at $246k that should be 18 (18.35 to be more exact)
    There may be others impacted, are you using different Magic Numbers for different players for some reason?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:42 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Stuck on my final EMG spot. Currently have Moylan, Niu, Stefano. Shortlist:

Croker - Could look back and think it was silly not to start with a cheap hooker with no bench cover. Could also be dropped next week.  

Gos - Priced at 21, avg 34 in the second row over 40 mins. Current preference.

Hetherington - Priced at 24, minutes over 30 avg 34, better mid cover

Leniu - Passes the eye test, better mid cover, good bench for him getting minutes

Reimis - extra CTR cover never hurt

Simonsson - extra cash to spend on my #17

Can someone sway me?

You can rule Hetho and Reimis out of that imo. You have ctr cover with Tesi and Hetho is below two others that you have there. Gos I'm not about personally but can see the alure, I've been burnt in the past by him tho so he's a potato in my books. Leniu and Simonsson have the better security. Funnily, out of all of em, I'm be taking the gamble on Croker tho. For the very reason you mentioned.

I've got a relatively "safe" team this year but need a few boom or bust types to keep me on the edge of my seat and justify my drinking habit ya know.

TLDR/CBFR - Croker Simonsson Leniu in that order without knowing that makeup of your team
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:47 pm

mattnz wrote:I am trying to finalise my last spot in my team. Needs to be either a WFB or CTR for team balance. My only halves back up at the moment is Schuster, who I expect to be named on the bench this week and moving forward, with Cust not in the 21.

Have narrowed it down to a final 4:

Averillo - Under an injury cloud, if fit I also have Cotric and I really like combinations in my side that can go huge together (already have Lam / Crichton, Fog / Fifita, Lucy / Laurie who combined well in the trial, can see Laurie following him looking for offloads all game). His dual is handy as I am also light on back up halves.

D Walker - Cheaper than I expected after really low scores in 2 injured games last year for 1 and -1 scores. Fullbacks generally score decently and has a place back in the centers waiting for him when Turbo returns. Better job security than Averillo and no injury issues. Also has the handy dual HLF

Roberts - Has the most fantasy pedigree, can he get back to his best? Average at center last season was 10 higher than he is priced at. Doesn't help cover the halves.

Ramsey - While in a bad team, looks a good player. If things go badly at Dragons as expected, any major changes at the club always seem to end up with Dufty as the scapegoat. At fullback I would really rate him. Also not dual.

Thoughts?

Avo. And only because you are going to be in trouble if and more likely when Schuster isn't named. The kid is good but he ain't the new hotness and is an out and out half, defs not worth carrying as a utility
    poisoncup
    poisoncup

Post by poisoncup Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:48 pm

I've got 3 Broncs in my starting team and 1 in EMG which puts me in the strange position of actually hoping the Broncs do well for the first time in my entire life.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:49 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Avo. And only because you are going to be in trouble if and more likely when Schuster isn't named. The kid is good but he ain't the new hotness and is an out and out half, defs not worth carrying as a utility
    The way the team is named though, they must be viewing Foran as the 2nd hooker, which could see Schuster getting decent game time at his preferred position. I see him as this year's Crichton, who I had round 1 last season, expecting that a quality player was going to get his opportunity sooner rather than later. It may just need Schuster to be more open to other positions to get a start.

Last edited by mattnz on Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:50 pm

poisoncup wrote:I've got 3 Broncs in my starting team and 1 in EMG which puts me in the strange position of actually hoping the Broncs do well for the first time in my entire life.

Welcome to the land of disappointment and misery, be comforted by the fact that some of us on here actually support that team so feel the feelings you are set to experience two-fold.

Last edited by Mearcats on Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 pm

mattnz wrote:
    The way the team is named though, they must be viewing Foran as the 2nd hooker, which could see Schuster getting decent game time at his preferred position.

You would think the coach would want to build on the halves combo considering their team is so weak. Seems silly moving Foran mid game to hooker.
    Mr peanutbutter
    Mr peanutbutter

Post by Mr peanutbutter Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 pm

Final team list

Turpin
    Tino, B.Smith, Welch
    Fifita, Capewell
    (C)Cleary, Lam
    Averillo, Bird
    Mitchell, Laurie, Pappy

Watson, Liddle, Lodge, Riki
    Hetherington, Alvaro, Moylan, Niu

296k itb

Happy with not spending close to the cap it cos leaves room to upgrade. Just hope I dont fall behind not having a few of the popular guns.

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:55 pm

wolfking wrote:

You would think the coach would want to build on the halves combo considering their team is so weak.  Seems silly moving Foran mid game to hooker.
    What other option do they have in their 21? Could move Sironen or Walker to halves and Foran to hooker seems the only other way to do it. Can't see anyone else in the 21 that has experience in that role, and Croker needs a back up.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:32 am