NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    ytsb
    ytsb

    Posts : 1671
    Reputation : 1200
    Join date : 2020-03-04

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by ytsb Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:49 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:

    Tries are never a base stat for anyone, even the tedescos etc of the game. Saying as much is purely attempting to justify a perceived "incline in role" to suit our own agendas.

    His pros are that he works hard and puts himself in great positions to score tries, has a good motor and is a young guy in a position to grow further into a role and therefore make decent points and/or money.

    Cons are, teams have had time to work him out a bit more, more tape available etc and he is likely to see a bit more attention from opposition's this year.

    The pros outweigh the cons? Probably. But with the tries inflating his price, if he doesn't grab a meat pie 2 outta three weeks he's gonna be priced around his average.

    Full disclosure that was slightly tongue in cheek and I currently don't have him in my team.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

    Posts : 3390
    Reputation : 1008
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 36
    Location : Mons

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 pm

    @ytsb wrote:

    Full disclosure that was slightly tongue in cheek and I currently don't have him in my team.

    Lol, fair. I also didn't mean to come across as blunt as I did re-reading this but hey we can still be friends right? Beating Heart
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 9523
    Reputation : 3012
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 25
    Location : Inside the Cheese

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:53 pm

    Does Smith not just go to winger when Brenko is back?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

    Posts : 3390
    Reputation : 1008
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 36
    Location : Mons

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:55 pm

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:Does Smith not just go to winger when Brenko is back?

    Does Gennings lose his spot or is he just a place holder for this week?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 9523
    Reputation : 3012
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 25
    Location : Inside the Cheese

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:57 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:

    Does Gennings lose his spot or is he just a place holder for this week?

    As a Storm supporter I much prefer Reimis. He can break tackles, is quick and tall.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:58 pm

    decided to play around with my team and go full dumb 'in for a penny, in or a pound' with the middie hooker options, and I think I like it:

    Macca
    Angus Lodge Watson
    Fifi Riki
    Munster Lam
    Bird Averillo
    Teddy Pappy Laurie

    Turpin Egan Brailey Liddle
    Fui Croker Gosi Niu

    $44k left

    the EMG aren't set in stone, Moylan Roberts and Host have been swapped in and out at will, and part of me wants to go even further into the dumb and swap Teddy and Lodge for Latrell and Tauk...
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 9523
    Reputation : 3012
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 25
    Location : Inside the Cheese

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:00 pm

    When is Ponga due back?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

    Posts : 3390
    Reputation : 1008
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 36
    Location : Mons

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:00 pm

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:

    As a Storm supporter I much prefer Reimis. He can break tackles, is quick and tall.

    I can unserstand that. That being said, Brenko doesn't inspire much, nothing to say both he and Gennings stay and Brenko goes back to ressies.

    Haven't followed Reimis a great deal, was he ctr at the dogs?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

    Posts : 3390
    Reputation : 1008
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 36
    Location : Mons

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:02 pm

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:When is Ponga due back?

    He himself is on tape saying rounds 4,5 or 6. So who knows. 4 makes Hoy a no go especially without the goal kicking. 6 would be a different story
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11689
    Reputation : 3436
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:02 pm

    Here's where I am atm with 4k bank

    Turpin
    Angus, Welch, Lodge
    D. Fifita, Capewell
    Cleary (c), Lam
    Averillo, J. Roberts
    Tedesco, Pappy, Laurie

    J. Brailey, Watson, Liddle, Riki
    Gosiewski, Utoi, Niu, R. Smith
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 9523
    Reputation : 3012
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 25
    Location : Inside the Cheese

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:03 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:

    He himself is on tape saying rounds 4,5 or 6. So who knows. 4 makes Hoy a no go especially without the goal kicking. 6 would be a different story

    Keep swapping Hoy and Moylan in and out for this reason.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 9523
    Reputation : 3012
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 25
    Location : Inside the Cheese

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:03 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:Here's where I am atm with 4k bank

    Turpin
    Angus, Welch, Lodge
    D. Fifita, Capewell
    Cleary (c), Lam
    Averillo, J. Roberts
    Tedesco, Pappy, Laurie

    J. Brailey, Watson, Liddle, Riki
    Gosiewski, Utoi, Niu, R. Smith

    Hope a hlf doesnt go down.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

    Posts : 3390
    Reputation : 1008
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 36
    Location : Mons

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:04 pm

    surmo13 wrote:decided to play around with my team and go full dumb 'in for a penny, in or a pound' with the middie hooker options, and I think I like it:

    Macca
    Angus Lodge Watson
    Fifi Riki
    Munster Lam
    Bird Averillo
    Teddy Pappy Laurie

    Turpin Egan Brailey Liddle
    Fui Croker Gosi Niu

    $44k left

    the EMG aren't set in stone, Moylan Roberts and Host have been swapped in and out at will, and part of me wants to go even further into the dumb and swap Teddy and Lodge for Latrell and Tauk...

    I wish someone would join me with Latrell, sick of Welshy targeting me and not having friends to fight back with...

    I'm just a little Mearcat, we can't fight big bastard Welshmen
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11689
    Reputation : 3436
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:05 pm

    I've read the last 25 pages & no one has mentioned CHT won't be gk round 1 so he doesn't aggravate the injury he is carrying. K-Nik will gk.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

    Posts : 3390
    Reputation : 1008
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 36
    Location : Mons

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:05 pm

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:

    Keep swapping Hoy and Moylan in and out for this reason.

    I have Moylan and will die on that hill. Priced 8 points below his average at 5/8 and 11 points below when he goes back to FB. Injury history has me taking those stats with more than a grain of salt though, more like a whole 20kg bag of the heaviest dead sea salt you can find
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

    Posts : 3390
    Reputation : 1008
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 36
    Location : Mons

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:07 pm

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:

    Hope a hlf doesnt go down.

    Move Avo into half and Niu to ctr in that instance
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11689
    Reputation : 3436
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:08 pm

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:

    Hope a hlf doesnt go down.

    Me too but I don't like any of the lower priced options. It's not entirely true because I have Averillo & I have 2 ctr options for Averillo if I have to play him in the halves.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

    Posts : 3390
    Reputation : 1008
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 36
    Location : Mons

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:09 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:

    Me too but I don't like any of the lower priced options. It's not entirely true because I have Averillo & I have 2 ctr options for Averillo if I have to play him in the halves.

    Where did Reimis line up when playing for your lot WL?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 3218
    Reputation : 1255
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by StuDogg101 Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:12 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:I've read the last 25 pages & no one has mentioned CHT won't be gk round 1 so he doesn't aggravate the injury he is carrying. K-Nik will gk.

    That....is a spanner in the works. Although GK wasn't why I picked him
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

    Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:16 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:


    I wish someone would join me with Latrell, sick of Welshy targeting me and not having friends to fight back with...

    I'm just a little Mearcat, we can't fight big bastard Welshmen

    good enough reasoning for me, i approach fantasy with conventional thinking and I hover around the middle of the 'serious players' pack for my trouble, i I think it's time to venture outside the safety of the box, in full knowledge that there's every chance i'll spend R1 banging on the door begging to be let back into the box again Laughing

      Current date/time is Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:33 pm