NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT

The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:37 am

I just dropped Averillo to 18 as I need a half back up. I’ve got Bird at centre now. I have never been more nervous with a starting player. I’m hoping he moves to the forwards soon enough. It was a choice of Bird or Moylan and I just can’t bear to have Moylan in my 21. Which one get’s injured first?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:39 am

Mulvy wrote:

That's how I see it with Host. Also, I'm quite proud of that fact that I picked Lawrie in the now famous debate and don't want to tarnish my image picking Host now Very Happy

I went Host Finger Bang Bang
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:41 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Got c.500k for final bench spot. Position doesn't massively matter.

Options:

1) Hodgson. POD. New rules, ball steal etc. Guaranteed 80 other than blow-outs, CS9-style. Will play handling lock if Starling comes on, stay hooker if Havilli. Misses tackles but KMs, TAs etc.

2) Tupounuia. Underpriced from partial bench role last year. Improving player. Next to best attacking half in comp. Rollercoaster scores.

3) Milford. Gamble on return to form discussed here already.

4) Lodge. Boring pick for more predictable scores and early price rises. Uncertainty on role from Rnd 4 on but money left in bank gives more options for trading.

Thoughts?
    Is Hodgson able to play 80 anymore? Canberra will without doubt have a HOK on the bench. I don’t want any, but 2 would be the only one I would consider!
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:43 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

I went Host Finger Bang Bang
    I too went host, but he becomes Davey if he jags the starting spot at Manly!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:43 am

mattnz wrote:
    The difficulty is finding value in CTR that have the potential to become a keeper.

So why bother? Not everyone has to be a sub gun (midranger) POD. Centre sucks. Stop looking for a keeper, they don't exist unless they're a dpp forward. Save the money and figure it out later I say.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:45 am

Revraiser wrote:@Cookie Monster u quoted my post that mentioned TBO but it was empty, now im curious as to what u meant to post ??

My mum taught me that when you don't have something nice to say about someone.........         well you know the rest Wink

But as you ask, I would sooner read 10000 of Rabs (the real Rabs) FIG JAM, Trump love, pool size, or Golf score posts than sit through one TBO post. Seriously the most annoying person I have never met.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:47 am

Okay, this is my final play with my team until 4:01PM on Tuesday! Titans v Tigers! I need one Edge and one Mid. Which two of these 4 Tino (Mid) D Fifita (Edge) Twal (Mid) or Lucy (Edge)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:48 am

Mulvy wrote:

So why bother? Not everyone has to be a sub gun (midranger) POD. Centre sucks. Stop looking for a keeper, they don't exist unless they're a dpp forward. Save the money and figure it out later I say.
    There arent any decent cheap options either. If I can set and forget, without spending a lot, I am ahead of everyone else. Keep in mind we value a trade around $150k. Makes a huge difference to get it right to start with and center is a position that you can fill without it costing tonnes to get a potential keeper.

Last edited by mattnz on Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:50 am

Mulvy wrote:

You've banged on enough times about not captaining a back, that I call, Malarkey. You heard me, Malarkey. I captained Teddy in rd 1 once, didn't end well......
    You are right gave myself an uppercut
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:51 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:I just dropped Averillo to 18 as I need a half back up. I’ve got Bird at centre now. I have never been more nervous with a starting player. I’m hoping he moves to the forwards soon enough. It was a choice of Bird or Moylan and I just can’t bear to have Moylan in my 21. Which one get’s injured first?

Couldn’t fit in Hopoate? He’s 21k more than Bird and has DPP Centre/WFB....

I got him into my draft a few mins ago draft 30 that was!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:53 am

mattnz wrote:
    There arent any decent cheap options either. If I can set and forget, without spending a lot, I am ahead of everyone else.
    At least find one where his stats back up some value, and not hoping for an increase
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:01 am

Welshy wrote:
    At least find one where his stats back up some value, and not hoping for an increase
    When new roles  are being created, there are no existing stats for them. It is like when Milf had a hybrid fullback / half role, was playing fullback in attack, receiving the ball from the opposition, and getting almost all the kicking meters. This is the same, getting the best of the stats for center and wing, with a player known for tackle busts getting more opportunities with ball in hand and making more tackles.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:07 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Got c.500k for final bench spot. Position doesn't massively matter.

Options:

1) Hodgson. POD. New rules, ball steal etc. Guaranteed 80 other than blow-outs, CS9-style. Will play handling lock if Starling comes on, stay hooker if Havilli. Misses tackles but KMs, TAs etc.

2) Tupounuia. Underpriced from partial bench role last year. Improving player. Next to best attacking half in comp. Rollercoaster scores.

4) Lodge. Boring pick for more predictable scores and early price rises. Uncertainty on role from Rnd 4 on but money left in bank gives more options for trading.

Thoughts?

Don't like any of them. I'm considering Milford for the same (presumably) 14-17 role.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:08 am

Options:

Thoughts?

Interesting question!

1 if Havili on bench rather than Starling. He is one of approximately 10 dummy halves Im looking at.

Otherwise 3
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:13 am

Not sure if covered already.
    Horse 1 game suspension.  CHN 2 game suspension.  Breach notice that they can appeal.
    Source: nine news
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:20 am

mattnz wrote:
    There arent any decent cheap options either. If I can set and forget, without spending a lot, I am ahead of everyone else. Keep in mind we value a trade around $150k. Makes a huge difference to get it right to start with and center is a position that you can fill without it costing tonnes to get a potential keeper.

Remember how many trades were wasted on centre last year? $150k per centre trade adds up to lots. So if you said to me, Mulvy, I'm picking Cotric because he's got good job security and a lack of injury history and I couldn't be arsed wasting all that money and trades in the wasteland centre position and I've got a good gut feeling about the guy, I'd buy it 100%. The whole if you take a and minus b and times it by c analysis is where you lose me and dare I say everyone else. Like all your other sub gun PODs, if they all pay off, you'll be killing it. Good luck with that.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:20 am

Whats the Brimson hype. I love Brimson as a player and havr been on board with him since he started, but starting price of 50 he has to be consistent Tedesco levels.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:22 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:With thanks to Milch's spreadsheet and MTBs data, here's my current pre TLT take on Hookers.

Projected scores are my estimates.  The players are listed in order of points / cash upside based on that.

The column "risk" is a my current take on certainty - eg job security, injury, new coach etc.

[And duals who have HOK listed as their second position are excluded].

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT - Page 14 Hooker10

You missed someone Wink
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:23 am

Mulvy wrote:

Remember how many trades were wasted on centre last year? $150k per centre trade adds up to lots. So if you said to me, Mulvy, I'm picking Cotric because he's got good job security and a lack of injury history and I couldn't be arsed wasting all that money and trades in the wasteland centre position and I've got a good gut feeling about the guy, I'd buy it 100%.  The whole if you take a and minus b and times it by c analysis is where you lose me and dare I say everyone else. Like all your other sub gun PODs, if they all pay off, you'll be killing it. Good luck with that.
    Job security and injury history are definitely part of it, but only worthwhile if also outperforming their cost. The funny analysis last season was that Darius Boyd would have been one of the very best centers to have started with, for those reasons.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:27 am

mattnz wrote:
    Job security and injury history are definitely part of it, but only worthwhile if also outperforming their cost. The funny analysis last season was that Darius Boyd would have been one of the very best centers to have started with, for those reasons.

If I’d had Darius I’d have done a heck of a lot better last year.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:21 am