NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:24 pm

Shanbon wrote:

This goes against what we were posting earlier. I have Surgess because of my research but if like WL said he doesn't think he will preform but is keeping him because of high % of ownership he is reducing his chance of winning overal. If you have him thinking he will fail but think it's ok because 50% of teams have him it's just wrong, straight up by getting the right guy you are well in front of half the comp.

This is the exact reason I'm running with Fifita. Just as capable of big scores and in 1/8th the number of teams as Surgess
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:25 pm

Welshy87 wrote:

just my pick for a down year with the Dragons mate and needed two teams to put below the knights

Can see the Dragons slipping, no Merrin and can see a fairly large decline for Benji this year

Agree with the Dragons, disagree about the Knights. For me the bottom 4 will be Dragons, Knights, Tigers, Titans in some ordering.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Goondalf wrote:Put together another draft side. Thoughts?
    Segeyaro Granville
    Woods Bromwich Trbojevic (Welch)
    Surgess AhMau Rochow McQueen (Bhana Chrichton)
    DCE Jrey Hastings (Taylor)
    Copley Auvaa (MCK Henry)
    Mansour Mann Gordon (Gutherson Anderson)
    Maybe a bit light on 2RF

Agree with pretty much all of Warriors comments. That is a very well balanced team and I don't think you are overly light in the 2nd row if those blokes do what you think they can. Not keen on McQueen and would look at Grevs/Sue etc as per what Warriors also said.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Titans are going to surprise some teams this year. They have a real grind it out team ala Cronulla 2010-2014 and will get into some real dog fights with teams. Can see them finishing 12th
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:31 pm

CubanMafiaSandSlugs wrote:I concur with Welshy. They have a solid side this year. The key is Mullen staying fit. He's been injured for the majority of the past two seasons. Last fully fit season he had, Newcastle surprised everyone and made the prelim final - one game shy of a GF against the Bunnies. I think Hodkinson and Mullen are a very well balanced halves combo. Right foot, left foot with two excellent options either side of the ruck (possibly the best kicking duo in the league now). Both excellent defenders for halves. Hodkinson will bring that control, calmness and direction which will allow Mullen to go to the line more with his pace and strength and play a bit more ad lib. Mullo has bulked up quite a bit, and aside from partying with Todd Carney in Spain, looks like he's had a good pre season!

1 Mamo
    2 Uate
    3 Gagai
    4 Sione
    5 Chanel
    6 Mullen
    7 Hodkinson
    8 Snowden
    9 Levi
    10 Korbin
    11 Rochow
    12 Tariq
    13 Jeremy Smith

14 Tapine
    15 Stockwell
    16 Paea/Pauli
    17 Randell

Good lad!

My main thinking was the halves pairing, Snowden seemingly picking it up a level and the development of Korbin/Tapine/Levi

micky Paea is a good addition as well, robust and gets stuck in
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:33 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

This is the exact reason I'm running with Fifita. Just as capable of big scores and in 1/8th the number of teams as Surgess

Agree with that pick. But picking Fifita over Surgess because of less ownership is different than picking someone lesser valued as a POD and justifying it with less ownership so they are both smart picks.

In my mind you could call it optimal picking. Yes you should pick players with less ownership as if they do well you and only a select few benefit. But choosing Fifita over Surgess is smart picking. If Fifita does well then you see a greater rankings increase. But if Fifita does poorly, he still scores well. And if he gets to the point where he scores poorly (for his standards) consistently and you trade him, he is still priced high enough that he is an easy trade to a gun.

You flip that on it's head and look at someone less than Surgess like Tyson Frizell who you may back to increase points this year. If he does poorly he scores you much worse than what Fifita would if he were to do poorly. You hold out for a few weeks so you don't do anything rash and waste trades early on. If he drops close to 400k then you have to then somehow come up with 100k to get yourself that gun. Both ways you come out better than the pack if your POD goes off, but if you choose the higher priced POD then it allows you some safety net
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Welshy87 wrote:

Good lad!

My main thinking was the halves pairing, Snowden seemingly picking it up a level and the development of Korbin/Tapine/Levi

micky Paea is a good addition as well, robust and gets stuck in

Quality of the side isn't an issue. Just that it's not like other sides don't have quality too. For all their improvements and underrated talents I still can't see them finishing outside of the bottom 4. Would be glad if they do because there are quite a few players there that I like but I just don't think they will
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Bren wrote:Another player that doesn't get as much recognition Fantasy wise but still does the job week in, week out is Tolman. Shame I can't fit him in my starting side for round 1. Have some man love for the bloke that's for sure.

I've had Tolman the past coupler years purely because he's been cheaper than Graham and they typically score similarly.

This year Graham is cheaper so I'm boarding his train.

Also on Zeb Taai.

His last year in the NRL was 2012 with the Knights. He started the year as an 80 minute 2nd rower and averaged 45.

After origin his minutes go dropped to an average of 41 mins a game but he still averaged 36.

He is priced at an average of 40.

Gee I wish he and Whitehead swapped prices. Whitehead had better Super League stats than Taia - it is annoying what Fanhub did with the prices of those 2.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Shanbon wrote:

This goes against what we were posting earlier. I have Surgess because of my research but if like WL said he doesn't think he will preform but is keeping him because of high % of ownership he is reducing his chance of winning overal. If you have him thinking he will fail but think it's ok because 50% of teams have him it's just wrong, straight up by getting the right guy you are well in front of half the comp.

I didn't mean to imply that I thought Surgess wouldn't perform but that he might take a couple of games to clear the throat. Surgess is a proven performer who will lead from the front & will want to prove he's still one of the best forwards in the game. He's still going to score 50+ & play 70-80 minutes. My point was that he'll score well & due to his high ownership you'll lose ground if you don't own him.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

Quality of the side isn't an issue. Just that it's not like other sides don't have quality too. For all their improvements and underrated talents I still can't see them finishing outside of the bottom 4. Would be glad if they do because there are quite a few players there that I like but I just don't think they will

I know that mate and to be honest i struggled to find sides to place below them based on other sides quality but its just a hunch like i said

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:42 pm

If I were to run three rookie halves, I would probably do this. Light at the back, heavy up top- just how I like'em.

Smith (Friend)
    Woods Graham (Lawrence) 130k
    Fensom Merrin Sue (Rochow) (Edwards) Henry
    DCE Hastings Taylor Niko
    Hurrell Avua'a Gutherson 130k
    Ferguson Gordon Mann Anderson 130k
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:42 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I've had Tolman the past coupler years purely because he's been cheaper than Graham and they typically score similarly.

This year Graham is cheaper so I'm boarding his train.

Also on Zeb Taai.

His last year in the NRL was 2012 with the Knights. He started the year as an 80 minute 2nd rower and averaged 45.

After origin his minutes go dropped to an average of 41 mins a game but he still averaged 36.

He is priced at an average of 40.

Gee I wish he and Whitehead swapped prices. Whitehead had better Super League stats than Taia - it is annoying what Fanhub did with the prices of those 2.

Or if Whitehead had gone to the titans at his price affraid That would of been delightful
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:43 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:If I were to run three rookie halves, I would probably do this. Light at the back, heavy up top- just how I like'em.

Smith (Friend)
    DCE Hastings Taylor Niko

Which Friend?
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Welshy87 wrote:

I know that mate and to be honest i struggled to find sides to place below them based on other sides quality but its just a hunch like i said

No worries mate. I'm surprised you put the Dragons below them. You don't think Frizell can carry them in Merrin's absence
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:45 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I've started the last 2 seasons with Fifita & he either got suspended or injured or a mixture of the 2. I just think he's better getting later on & performs better in the 2nd half of the season. He'll still score well but there's too much risk imo.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:48 pm

No worries mate. I'm surprised you put the Dragons below them. You don't think Frizell can carry them in Merrin's absence

Frizell will in all likelihood carry them on his back mate but he can't do it all on his own, top tryscorer for the Dragons this year, picked for origin with a hat trick in the first 2 series games then given a rest in the 3rd

Im just expecting a big dip from Benji mate and they will struggle to score enough to win games
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:49 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:If I were to run three rookie halves, I would probably do this. Light at the back, heavy up top- just how I like'em.

Smith (Friend)
    DCE Hastings Taylor Niko

That's actually a pretty impressive team.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:55 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I've started the last 2 seasons with Fifita & he either got suspended or injured or a mixture of the 2. I just think he's better getting later on & performs better in the 2nd half of the season. He'll still score well but there's too much risk imo.

Also note that he may get penalised a lot more this year, refs said they are going to crack down on incorrect play the balls, and from memory he is pretty shite at it!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:01 pm

lol!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Welshy87 wrote:

Which Friend?

Lol, Jake. Gimme some credit bro Razz

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:22 am