NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

Chucky
    Chucky

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

Post by Chucky Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:21 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. Of course, by never admit you are wrong logic, then 'ean' is pronounced 'omonic' in English slang.
    Don’t you mean NZ slang?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:34 pm

wolfking wrote:Did Nofo do anything?

Imma probs tell Nofo you said this...

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:39 pm

found a combo i'll sit on until TLT, not much reason to tinker from now til then save for injury:

Cook
    Angus Watson Lodge
    DFifita Riki
    Munster Brooks
    Bird Jet
    AJ Papy Moylan

Lam JBrailey Koala Davey
    Alvaro Averillo Laurie Niu
    $72k

Pretty happy with managing to fit a gun or two into almost every position and i don't think my depth suffers for it, hoping for anyone around Lodges price bracket to look a better option than him on the day, but everyone else i'd be comfortable taking into the season at the moment...

All that's left is for TLT to barge in, shatter the confidence i have in my selections like an abusive stepmother would and leave me 48 hours scrambling around trying to make the pieces fit together again
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:47 pm

surmo13 wrote:found a combo i'll sit on until TLT, not much reason to tinker from now til then save for injury:

Cook
    Angus Watson Lodge
    DFifita Riki
    Munster Brooks
    Bird Jet
    AJ Papy Moylan

Lam JBrailey Koala Davey
    $72k

Pretty happy with managing to fit a gun or two into almost every position and i don't think my depth suffers for it, hoping for anyone around Lodges price bracket to look a better option than him on the day, but everyone else i'd be comfortable taking into the season at the moment...

All that's left is for TLT to barge in, shatter the confidence i have in my selections like an abusive stepmother would and leave me 48 hours scrambling around trying to make the pieces fit together again

If you swap Angus and Koala around so Angus gives dpp cover, Koala/Watson/Lodge is my MID also and I don't like it for some reason. I've tried multiple scenarios with the rest of the team which involve cheap mids, and i always like the rest of the team, I just don't like the cheap mids. Can you lend me some confidence on Koala/Watson/Lodge (obvs I'm ok with Watson)?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:55 pm

Mulvy wrote:

If you swap Angus and Koala around so Angus gives dpp cover, Koala/Watson/Lodge is my MID also and I don't like it for some reason. I've tried multiple scenarios with the rest of the team which involve cheap mids, and i always like the rest of the team, I just don't like the cheap mids. Can you lend me some confidence on Koala/Watson/Lodge (obvs I'm ok with Watson)?

Koala will be DPP if names edge, and if he isn't named edge will presumably be out of everyone's squads.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:56 pm

Seeing as Lodge was mentioned when will Flegler find out about his potential suspension and who is more likely to lose out when Haas returns Round 3 out of those two?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:02 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Koala will be DPP if names edge, and if he isn't named edge will presumably be out of everyone's squads.

Haha, yeah I guess the uncertainty feeds into my anxiety over it. It's a TLT kinda thing I suppose with Koala. Thought Lodge looked pretty underdone though in the trial. Some said he looked leaner. Everyone time I saw him he had hands on hips. Admittedly, I was mostly watching the Cows.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:04 pm

I thought Laurie looked good but in honesty anyone following Lucy around against that Manly right edge was going to score tries. Douehi was excellent when he came on and guaranteed 6 in round two, and I don't see any reason that Laurie will be at fullback when Mbye available. He's unlikely to go much over break even against a full strength Raiders who are not the Manly reserves anyway, so not much of a problem to wait a week to pick up someone who could otherwise be a huge trap. He'll be a good prospect when one of the Wests backs gets injured in any event.

Simpkin looked better than Liddle imo, and hard to tell which way things will fall for minutes/output.

Simpkins will be a gun next year, maybe even later this year, but probably needs bench/ressies time to get more familiar with League.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:05 pm

Mulvy wrote:

As i insinuated above, you won't get a lot of confidence in Lodge from me, threw him in because he's the safest as far as job security for his price, I'll be looking for something better.

Koloa is solely on opportunity, if he looks like taking Bayley Sironen's role, I'm not expecting gun scores but just under 40 avg in 40 minute+ stints has me confident he could score solidly enough in 60-odd minutes to fill the spot on my bench, make some money and be upgraded when it's time, of course if he's not in that spot, he's out.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:09 pm

RandomSil wrote:Seeing as Lodge was mentioned when will Flegler find out about his potential suspension and who is more likely to lose out when Haas returns Round 3 out of those two?

Flegler's already been charged, 1 game but free to play with early guilty plea, although if i recall he picked up a shoulder problem aswell, so still a chance he won't suit up.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:14 pm

surmo13 wrote:

As i insinuated above, you won't get a lot of confidence in Lodge from me, threw him in because he's the safest as far as job security for his price, I'll be looking for something better.

Koloa is solely on opportunity, if he looks like taking Bayley Sironen's role, I'm not expecting gun scores but just under 40 avg in 40 minute+ stints has me confident he could score solidly enough in 60-odd minutes to fill the spot on my bench, make some money and be upgraded when it's time, of course if he's not in that spot, he's out.

I've been trying to maybe get Tino in there, not because he scored, but because he played the whole first half, anticipate 60 min role but I don't know, probably best to be satisfied with having him in draft.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:32 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I've been trying to maybe get Tino in there, not because he scored, but because he played the whole first half, anticipate 60 min role but I don't know, probably best to be satisfied with having him in draft.

I wouldn't necessarily be too swayed by playing the whole first half (at least not that alone)

Coaches sometimes do strange things in trials so I wouldn't treat it as gospel for what will happen in a real game

Its tough because I imagine a lot of people are in the same situation. On the fence about Tino and whether he will provide value or not. The trial was a nice suggestion he'll be OK but hard to say for sure. Without the try he woul dno thave hit his BE, but you can't really compare it straight with an NRL match.

I am now leaning towards yes to Tino, because he's cheaper than the other guys I am thinking of in that position, and I think the chances he can get close to their scoring are good enough to take the punt

The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:48 pm

surmo13 wrote:found a combo i'll sit on until TLT, not much reason to tinker from now til then save for injury:

Cook
    Angus Watson Lodge
    DFifita Riki
    Munster Brooks
    Bird Jet
    AJ Papy Moylan

Lam JBrailey Koala Davey
    $72k

So you’re happy with Moylan at FB? That looks worse than Lodge at Mid.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:49 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:I thought Laurie looked good but in honesty anyone following Lucy around against that Manly right edge was going to score tries. Douehi was excellent when he came on and guaranteed 6 in round two, and I don't see any reason that Laurie will be at fullback when Mbye available. He's unlikely to go much over break even against a full strength Raiders who are not the Manly reserves anyway, so not much of a problem to wait a week to pick up someone who could otherwise be a huge trap. He'll be a good prospect when one of the Wests backs gets injured in any event.

Simpkin looked better than Liddle imo, and hard to tell which way things will fall for minutes/output.

Simpkins will be a gun next year, maybe even later this year, but probably needs bench/ressies time to get more familiar with League.

Laurie looked even better last week running from 6, before he then went to fullback later in that game and was comparatively quiet. Bloke can create on his own merit and had 2 line breaks against the Roosters that could have become tries/try assists but were both dubiously called back.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:53 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily be too swayed by playing the whole first half (at least not that alone)

Coaches sometimes do strange things in trials so I wouldn't treat it as gospel for what will happen in a real game

Its tough because I imagine a lot of people are in the same situation. On the fence about Tino and whether he will provide value or not. The trial was a nice suggestion he'll be OK but hard to say for sure. Without the try he woul dno thave hit his BE, but you can't really compare it straight with an NRL match.

I am now leaning towards yes to Tino, because he's cheaper than the other guys I am thinking of in that position, and I think the chances he can get close to their scoring are good enough to take the punt

Cheers for that. Gut feel is strong with this one but I want to cut the filthy midrangers where possible. Speaking of which, Brooks? I don't mind him. GK could very well seal the deal. Any chance we can have confidence with GK prior to 10 days from now? OOh! 10 days, just gave myself goosebumps!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:56 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Laurie looked even better last week running from 6, before he then went to fullback later in that game and was comparatively quiet.  Bloke can create on his own merit and had 2 line breaks against the Roosters that could have become tries/try assists but were both dubiously called back.

There's a bit of Barba in him, hopefully without the lifestyle to match. But the Douehi suspension and Mbye injury creates so many unknowns.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:57 pm

How many minutes did Davey play? Maybe I just saw the good stuff, but he looked very good in attack.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:02 am

Davey at EDG, just solves all my problems. Every other player somehow just slots in at the right prices if he plays and I can use his value price.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:05 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

There's a bit of Barba in him, hopefully without the lifestyle to match. But the Douehi suspension and Mbye injury creates so many unknowns.

If he starts I think I'll take the plunge like Kennedy last year. Just need to have a backup plan. Hoppa at centre one option. Although Laurie an excellent loop option and will get another run if he doesn't hold his spot initially, so maybe an extra WFB in npr.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:08 am

Mulvy wrote:

If he starts I think I'll take the plunge like Kennedy last year. Just need to have a backup plan. Hoppa at centre one option. Although Laurie an excellent loop option and will get another run if he doesn't hold his spot initially, so maybe an extra WFB in npr.

Ooh. Hadn't thought of the loop possibilities. Tigers play Sunday/Monday seven of the first eight rounds, but doubt that outweighs all my NPRs making cash.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:28 am