NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:47 am

my tv broke wrote:

We the spooners, aint no offense in saying we are shit.

A very good season for us would be somewhat in the mix for the 8 late in the season. I think 10thh to 12th finish is a success imo

That would be an amazing season for your boys. Of your three best players, one's suspended for the first three games, one's injured for the first half of the season, and one's at the Titans.

As well as that you've lost your two most experienced players (who may have been shit but have been around the block) and made no major additions. Obviously the big thing that's changed is the coach so if Kevvie takes you to 10th then he really makes Siebold look like an idiot.
    Tookey
    Tookey

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

Post by Tookey Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:49 am

Cant decide between Tohu & Crichton.

Both similar minutes and scores last year. Leaning towards Crichton with the warriors new forward additions. Still dont believe Tohus minutes will be effected to much but gut feeling Crichton.

Why cant I have both! Who's everyone leaning towards?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:52 am

Tookey wrote:Cant decide between Tohu & Crichton.

Both similar minutes and scores last year. Leaning towards Crichton with the warriors new forward additions. Still dont believe Tohus minutes will be effected to much but gut feeling Crichton.

If you think Crichton's output won't change and Tohu's output might not change but might get worse, then surely you choose Crichton.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:53 am

Welshy wrote:
    Ummm HTF if named CTR round 1?
    That's a fair shout, avatar bet Scott outscores Hamiso (assuming he gets ctr) in some short term period (I don't want to wait too long) first 6-8 weeks or something?
    Don't mind that bet, will be happy for HTF if he has a good start.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:54 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

That would be an amazing season for your boys. Of your three best players, one's suspended for the first three games, one's injured for the first half of the season, and one's at the Titans.

As well as that you've lost your two most experienced players (who may have been shit but have been around the block) and made no major additions. Obviously the big thing that's changed is the coach so if Kevvie takes you to 10th then he really makes Siebold look like an idiot.

The best thing about pre season is you havent lost any games yet.

Youre right though, it is actually hard to see us doing that well haha.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:58 am

Archer wrote:
    That's a fair shout, avatar bet Scott outscores Hamiso (assuming he gets ctr) in some short term period (I don't want to wait too long)  first 6-8 weeks or something?
    Don't mind that bet, will be happy for HTF if he has a good start.
    good with me mate, 2 week avatar change for the loser
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:01 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Scott hasn't been the same player since he decked Dylan Walker.
    Decking Dylan Walker is probably most people’s peak! Very hard to ever improve on that, unless you did it again!
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:01 am

Between the two I like Crichton. Has the potential to score tries especially playing off Luke Keary this year. Nathan Brown alluded to Tohu's age in an interview recently, could mean nothing but I just feel like Brown will give him a rest whenever possible. Both options are great, but imo Crichton has the upper hand.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:03 am

I don't think there is much value where Tohu is concerned. Priced at 60 points the guy averages 60 when starting 2RF and playing more than 70 minutes. So he really is a get what you pay for level, the only upside is potential of him playing Lock. Which in three games at lock he averaged 8 more tackles and bumped up to a 70 point player which would be huge for him. Will he be named starting lock? Unlikely with Tevega being more likely to slot into that role. While Crichton is actually priced at slightly more than what he averages when starting in the 2RF. I would be worried more about him moving about the field though, but both guys do have the utility-esque role and move around a bit. It will more likely happen to Crichton while Tevega will probably move for the Warriors.
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:06 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Between the two I like Crichton. Has the potential to score tries especially playing off Luke Keary this year. Nathan Brown alluded to Tohu's age in an interview recently, could mean nothing but I just feel like Brown will give him a rest whenever possible. Both options are great, but imo Crichton has the upper hand.

Good call, Yea he possibly could get rested alot more when given the chance.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:07 am

RandomSil wrote:

I don't think there is much value where Tohu is concerned. Priced at 60 points the guy averages 60 when starting 2RF and playing more than 70 minutes. So he really is a get what you pay for level, the only upside is potential of him playing Lock. Which in three games at lock he averaged 8 more tackles and bumped up to a 70 point player which would be huge for him. Will he be named starting lock? Unlikely with Tevega being more likely to slot into that role. While Crichton is actually priced at slightly more than what he averages when starting in the 2RF. I would be worried more about him moving about the field though, but both guys do have the utility-esque role and move around a bit. It will more likely happen to Crichton while Tevega will probably move for the Warriors.
    Harris was being named in the 2RF but playing middle almost the year anyway mate
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:09 am

RandomSil wrote:

Yeah that's the concern with Cricton, he gets tossed around to more positions than Mia Khalifa in her prime.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:10 am

Tookey wrote:

Yeah that's the concern with Cricton, he gets tossed around to more positions than Mia Khalifa in her prime.

Not gonna lie, this one got me cracking up lol! lol! lol!
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:07 pm

Tookey wrote:The Center position is the hardest to decide on that's why I'm deciding to go cheap. Trying to decide on 2 of the below. Will keep Hoppa at WFB for back up. Any thoughts? and anyone I am missing?

I have based average on where they will most likely play this season.

Jack Bird: $374k / Average in centres - 34.9 / 21.03% Ownership
    James Roberts: $336k / Average in centres - 38.8k / 19.98% Ownership
    Patrick Herbet: $343k / Average in the centres - 25.8 (possibly an extra 6 - 8 points with goal kicking) / 2.37% Ownership
    Jake Averillo: $302k / Average at 5/8 (not a lot of games) -37 / 26.59% Ownership

I'm actually currently running with everyone not named Herbert there. Bird and Roberts in the CTR's, Averillo on the bench.

I think Roberts has good upside. New team that needs an attacking boost, Madge might get him in form like how he bought the best of Luciano last year.

Bird is a pretty solid scorer even as a pure centre. There is his long injury toll that would make people cautious but he's a risk that many others are taking.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:08 pm

I think I'm happier not going Cleary to start this year. My team looks a lot more gun & cow
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:15 pm

Not wanting to restart the debate, but Papy was held up over the try line 3 times in the first 4 weeks last year (as I mentioned at the time most were about to trade him out). All of them looked like 20 point tries. Scoring just one of these significantly boosts his average and no one even considers trading him out

These are the things you picking up watching the games that don't show up in the stats
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:25 pm

Mr Snrub wrote:

I'm actually currently running with everyone not named Herbert there. Bird and Roberts in the CTR's, Averillo on the bench.  

I think Roberts has good upside. New team that needs an attacking boost, Madge might get him in form like how he bought the best of Luciano last year.  

Bird is a pretty solid scorer even as a pure centre. There is his long injury toll that would make people cautious but he's a risk that many others are taking.  

Yea I'm worried I dont pick Robert's and everytime the Jet flys I'll be disappointed.

At the moment I have Bird over Robert's but worried for Birds health.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:30 pm

RandomSil wrote:

I am not a fan of Lodge, as mentioned there is just a log jam of forwards at the Broncos and no idea who slots in where or how the minutes get shared between guys.

Waddell is sweet if he gets named to start. Not sure they hype on Hopoate is worth it he is priced at 30 points and averages 35 when starting CTR. Not much value there and thats in a much weaker looking Bulldogs team. Roberts, who knows what he does this year but has upside. I dont see any value in Reimis he is more likely to be on the wing  

I think there is upside in Lodge and there could be an injury in the pack by the time Haas is back.

Hopoate averaged 37 at centre in 2018 and 44 in 2019, I’d be happy if he averages between 36-38 and in paying for him priced at 29. I see value good stay away I say. And under 400k as well.

If something comes out Ponga won’t be back til round 5 or 6 I’ll jump onto Hoy.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:44 pm

Welshy wrote:
    good with me mate, 2 week avatar change for the loser
    Done, you pick how many weeks they have before we compare the averages
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Is Egan gonna go well or is he gonna be last years Levi? Predictions?

I’m starting to warm to him.

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 1:58 am