NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Community Team 2021

Krump
    Krump

Community Team 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Community Team 2021

Post by Krump Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:38 am

mattnz wrote:
    My starting teams have been great. Top 200 after 2 rounds in 2 of the last 3 years, can you match that?
    You really are missing the point entirely. I don't need to match that (though I was top 50 after rd 1 last year), it's you who need to match the efforts of the rest of the community since you seem to think that your picks are so much more valuable than theirs.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:47 am

Krump wrote:
    You really are missing the point entirely. I don't need to match that (though I was top 50 after rd 1 last year), it's you who need to match the efforts of the rest of the community since you seem to think that your picks are so much more valuable than theirs.
    No, you were trying to put me down, implying that my opinion was less than your own, with snide remarks which were entirely unfounded, requiring me to defend myself with the facts.

Everyone gets the same opportunity to submit their input into the team in the same way. I cant believe that I have to explain to someone that is playing a fantasy game that you should optimize how you use your higher ranked players for optimal effect. If the intent is for all player votes to be equal, then they should all be worth 1 point, not between 1-5 (what I originally argued for). That is not the case. If you or anyone else don't want to optimize getting your scoring counted for maximum impact, that is up to you, just dont complain when anyone else plays within the rules to maximize their own impact.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:36 am

Matt

The "optimal effect" of selecting this team is to get a reflection of the genuine opinions of the forum. not to get as close to mattnz's preferred team as possible.

You are the one who inflated your own opinion when you said that you voted to get the "right" players into the team, implying everyone else's choices are wrong. If you want to go out on a limb with unusual picks for your own team, than go for your life. But this is a team that is meant to represent the whole community here.

When you rank Watson/Riki 1 point and Capewell/Fogarty as 5 points you are not reflecting your actual opinions of the players. It is not what this team is about. And if everyone tried to game the system in the same way we'd probabl yend up with a mess of a team that nobody would be interested in contributing too.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:06 pm

mattnz wrote:
    My starting teams have been great. Top 200 after 2 rounds in 2 of the last 3 years, can you match that?

That's awesome. And 70% of the forum including the community team finished higher than you last year. So after this week you'll stop offering opinions on the community team because that's what's best for everyone to optimise their decision ?

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:36 am