NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party.

mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party. - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party.

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:58 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Was thinking how this year is a little odd for Oates to actually make the move to forwards when our outside back quality is at an all time low.

Hes had a couple of poor seasons but i still think our side looks better if Oates was named on the wing.

It's definitely a strange move wanting to go from one of the best wingers in the game a couple of seasons ago to bench forward. Agree also that

1. Isaako
    2. Oates
    3. Niu
    4. Farnworth
    5. Coates

looks a lot better than any variation featuring Arthars, Copely, Mead etc.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party. - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party.

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:04 pm

Bethany_B wrote:anyone think Ofahengaue will get 50+ mins?

He's quite a good pick if he does, and even with mid 40s minutes he can average in the 40s, priced at 31

Tigers have a new look prop rotation with Tamou, Ofahengaue and Utokaimu coming in.

Ofa may not even start. Tamou and Twal will start ahead of him. Mikaele might get the other starting spot as a lower minute starter with Ofa as bench impact.
    Garner might even start at lock, with Twal and Tamou at props (I had seen that somewhere last week, but might just be internet bullshit)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:05 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Eh, its the other hammy and if it's 6-7 weeks out he's less likely to reinjure than the grade 1 where they try and rush back after 1-2 weeks all the time*

*this is based on my expert opinion from reading NRL physio FB posts last season.

With Turbo, I don't really care at this point. It's hard to trust the poor fella now regardless.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:16 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Tigers have a new look prop rotation with Tamou, Ofahengaue and Utokaimu coming in.

Ofa may not even start. Tamou and Twal will start ahead of him. Mikaele might get the other starting spot as a lower minute starter with Ofa as bench impact.
    Garner might even start at lock, with Twal and Tamou at props (I had seen that somewhere last week, but might just be internet bullshit)

Ofa's actually not bad off the bench tbh, but yeah I'll see what TLT does there.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:40 pm

I think Oates is just about washed up unfortunately

He was never a winger but did a great job there, but his shelf life has well and truly run out (was seriously atrocious the last 18 months or so) and it’s been an age since he was an out and out backrower and I don’t see how he’s be ahead of Riki.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:48 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I don't really like picking Hoy with his known end date as a starter. But I also currently have Moylan there at a similar price, and that's gross.

If the Broncos could just put my interests ahead of theirs and pick Oates ahead of Riki indefinitely, that would do nicely.

I can't see Oates or Riki starting on the edge. I see a log jam of forwards at the Broncos with these guys (perhaps unnecessarily so) at the back of that jam. It will be at full strength team of Haas and Lodge/Flegler, then Carrigan locking the scrum with Glenn (don't know why) and TPJ on the edges. Love to see Rikki start but I think there is too many middles in the Broncs to have TPJ there. If Kevvie had any sense he would have TPJ out of the middle of the ruck/field where he is a penalty / send off liability and have him and the other beast Rikki running riot on the edges. Don't forget one of Kevvie's first signings is Asiata, who he must rate, who will also be pushing for a middle/lock run which could push Carrigan into front row forward rotation. Just my thoughts though.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Whatever Kev does with his forwards, if Oates gets a second row starting gig over Riki, he has rocks in his head.

Last edited by wolfking on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:56 pm

wolfking wrote:Whatever Kev does with his forwards, if Mates gets a second row starting gig over Riki, he has rocks in his head.

Mates being 'Glenn'??? He has a testimonial game this weekend, so maybe that's a gentle way of saying this is a retirement year for him and he will be used sparingly from the bench. I was however listening to a Pod Cast 'Talking with TK' and they interviewed assistant coach Matterson and he kept saying that even though Rikki was training on the edge he is still 'very raw'. This was mentioned multiple times in the interview which would suggest to me that maybe a starting berth is more likely somewhere mid year.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:59 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Yep whichever of my WFB cows fails will be gone for Turbo once he is fit*

This does put Hoy under serious considerations

He has had a who pre-season to get 'fit', what makes you think only 4 weeks of recovering from another tear, will make him any fitter.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:00 pm

He’s less “raw” than Oates at backrow imo but yeah, not expecting him to start but fingers crossed
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:12 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:

I can't see Oates or Riki starting on the edge. I see a log jam of forwards at the Broncos with these guys (perhaps unnecessarily so) at the back of that jam. It will be at full strength team of Haas and Lodge/Flegler, then Carrigan locking the scrum with Glenn (don't know why) and TPJ on the edges. Love to see Rikki start but I think there is too many middles in the Broncs to have TPJ there. If Kevvie had any sense he would have TPJ out of the middle of the ruck/field where he is a penalty / send off liability and have him and the other beast Rikki running riot on the edges. Don't forget one of Kevvie's first signings is Asiata, who he must rate, who will also be pushing for a middle/lock run which could push Carrigan into front row forward rotation. Just my thoughts though.

Pangai is playing middle tho, dont see him being moved given the comments this pre season

Riki will start, imo.

Riki was going to be in the side in rnd 1 last year, then got injured the week before rnd 1. Yes hes raw but so are a lot of young players, dont think it stops him starting

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:13 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:

Mates being 'Glenn'??? He has a testimonial game this weekend, so maybe that's a gentle way of saying this is a retirement year for him and he will be used sparingly from the bench. I was however listening to a Pod Cast 'Talking with TK' and they interviewed assistant coach Matterson and he kept saying that even though Rikki was training on the edge he is still 'very raw'. This was mentioned multiple times in the interview which would suggest to me that maybe a starting berth is more likely somewhere mid year.

Damn auto correct. Meant Oates.
    Pat69err
    Pat69err

Post by Pat69err Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Hello fellow fanatics! good to be back for another year of fantasy.

What do you guys think of my team, till TLT.

Macca
    Tino Angus Lodge
    PrettyRiki Fifi
    (C)leary Brooks
    Bird Averillo
    Hoy Papi Latrell

J.Brailey Lam Watson Liddle

Laurie Niu Faamausili Utoikamanu

Would appreciate the feedback, cheers
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Sam Burgess has been pulled over and tested positive to cocaine use, whilst driving an unregistered car and no NSW licence.

Considering he's on a good behaviour bond for two years I'd imagine he's in a bit of trouble here.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:30 pm

Honeysett wrote:Sam Burgess has been pulled over and tested positive to cocaine use, whilst driving an unregistered car and no NSW licence.

Considering he's on a good behaviour bond for two years I'd imagine he's in a bit of trouble here.

No way! That's a huge surprise to me :pinocchio:

Wonder if the Souffs club doctors supplied him in an underground car park again What a Face
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:36 pm

Honeysett wrote:Sam Burgess has been pulled over and tested positive to cocaine use, whilst driving an unregistered car and no NSW licence.

Cant lose ya license if you dont have one.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:37 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Cant lose ya license if you dont have one.

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party. - Page 33 Giphy
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:43 pm

What do you guys think is the latest Cameron Smith will make an announcement with his decision? Surely has to happen this week. 2 weeks before the season proper is cutting it rather fine and is a massive low blow to Mitch Rein/Jake Turpin
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:45 pm

Kiwis get deported for less than what this cunt gets up to.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:51 pm

filthridden wrote:

Kiwis get deported for less than what this cunt gets up to.
    New assistant coach for the off season team

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:19 pm