NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 2 - Backdoor Entry

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 2 - Backdoor Entry - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 2 - Backdoor Entry

Post by Bethany_B Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 20:39

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I will target the first bye round strongly not so much the second as I’ll wanna start focussing on the run home and not burning too many precious trades.

Still I think it’s best not to worry about origin til round 7 or 8 and start preparing then as the first 7-8 rounds injuries and shit will happen anyway...... I think @MTB said that as well before and I listened intently to it, who wouldn’t take the gurus advice lol....... you’d be crazy not too if you wanna try become an elite player!

For me, I only ever use Origin as a tiebreaker between players when picking my starting side
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 2 - Backdoor Entry - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 2 - Backdoor Entry

Post by easytiger Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 20:43

This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but here goes;

Payne Haas acted like an idiot, what he said was ugly and repugnant and he shouldn't have done it.

I don't however think it should be made into something bigger than what it was.
    He was minding his own business, by all accounts having a heavily emotional discussion with his partner when approached by "many" police. Given his family history, he likely felt targeted, being quoted that he repeatedly suggested they taser him suggests he also felt threatened, and like an idiot behaved in a threatening manner as well/in response?.

Across the experiences I've seen, I'd be surprised if the police behaved absolutely perfect (not that that excuses his behaviour). Nevertheless, the whole thing was quoted as being about 3 minutes long. He apologised soon after, then later also went down on his own volition to apologise to the police and go through what he did.
    He hasn't tried to deflect any responsibility for the event and has pleaded guilty and taken it completely on the chin. He's faced natural justice and has been recorded without conviction (as agreed to by the police/prosecutors).

It clearly wasn't his decision for the text to be published in the media, and he has apologised unreservedly and in totality. At the end of the day they were really shitty words in a private setting without any physical actions on his part.
    I personally think the media releasing those words is potentially more damaging than the entire event, but it is what it is.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 20:52

Bethany_B wrote:Rate my side, had to change it thanks to CHN being an idiot

$10k itb

Grant
    Lolo, Crichton, Welch
    Fifita, Riki
    CHT, Munster
    Kelly, Jet
    Papy, Turbo, Hoy

Hetherington, Watson, Liddle, Leniu

Averillo, Blore, Tuipulotu, Feagai

I personally think Welch was a good pick before they changed to MIDs but now has lost a fair bit of value as he's not close to keeper and probably short of being underpriced enough to be decent cow
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 20:55

Camo123 wrote:

I personally think Welch was a good pick before they changed to MIDs but now has lost a fair bit of value as he's not close to keeper and probably short of being underpriced enough to be decent cow

I think he can make the step up to keeper, but if Ford can lock down the 80 minute edge role, I may downgrade to him and use the money somewhere else. I originally had Tino and then Horsburgh in that spot
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 21:12

Rabbits21 wrote:Footy players from all clubs will keep doing this shit until the NRL get tough.....

So true but lets get real the majority of league players are dumb & will keep doing it...the only thing that will register with them is not being able to play the game & being fined a significant amount of money.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 21:16

Is Grant going to be an 80 minute hooker this year?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 21:18

Bethany_B wrote:

I think he can make the step up to keeper, but if Ford can lock down the 80 minute edge role, I may downgrade to him and use the money somewhere else. I originally had Tino and then Horsburgh in that spot

Keeper for MIDs in final 17 will probably be low 60s minimum
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 21:46

[quote="sgdragons10"]thoughts on corey allan? starting FB for bulldogs? or am i missing someone[/quote
    The Dogs have about 5 FB’s but he should be first choice!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 21:52

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I will target the first bye round strongly not so much the second as I’ll wanna start focussing on the run home and not burning too many precious trades.

Still I think it’s best not to worry about origin til round 7 or 8 and start preparing then as the first 7-8 rounds injuries and shit will happen anyway...... I think @MTB said that as well before and I listened intently to it, who wouldn’t take the gurus advice lol....... you’d be crazy not too if you wanna try become an elite player!

I will pick the perfect starting team for round 1. Save trades early rounds then target the first bye, then max trade and target the 2nd bye. Then max trade to get my final 18.
    Top 10 finish... easy.

(This strategy relies on picking the perfect starting team)
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 21:53

Ugh. Wayde Egan is 15 points underpriced for games over 60 minutes. Sorry, Welshy, I might have to consider it.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 21:54

Bethany_B wrote:

I did something similar to my FRF’s. Starting with two DPP Edge players instead of my planned Tino.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 21:56

rhinoceroo wrote:Ugh. Wayde Egan is 15 points underpriced for games over 60 minutes. Sorry, Welshy, I might have to consider it.

Have to admit i have warmed up on Egan a little.

It does have a bit of a Levi 2020 vibe though..
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 21:59

my tv broke wrote:

Have to admit i have warmed up on Egan a little.

It does have a bit of a Levi 2020 vibe though..

Levi 2020 or Lichaa any time.

I think he's a terrible footballer but he is a decent defender and 45 tackles a game with only two or three misses is not a bad start when you're priced at 33.
    Talfal
    Talfal

Post by Talfal Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 22:04

easytiger wrote:This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but here goes;

Payne Haas acted like an idiot, what he said was ugly and repugnant and he shouldn't have done it.

I don't however think it should be made into something bigger than what it was.
    He was minding his own business, by all accounts having a heavily emotional discussion with his partner when approached by "many" police. Given his family history, he likely felt targeted, being quoted that he repeatedly suggested they taser him suggests he also felt threatened, and like an idiot behaved in a threatening manner as well/in response?.

Across the experiences I've seen, I'd be surprised if the police behaved absolutely perfect (not that that excuses his behaviour). Nevertheless, the whole thing was quoted as being about 3 minutes long. He apologised soon after, then later also went down on his own volition to apologise to the police and go through what he did.
    He hasn't tried to deflect any responsibility for the event and has pleaded guilty and taken it completely on the chin. He's faced natural justice and has been recorded without conviction (as agreed to by the police/prosecutors).

It clearly wasn't his decision for the text to be published in the media, and he has apologised unreservedly and in totality. At the end of the day they were really shitty words in a private setting without any physical actions on his part.
    I personally think the media releasing those words is potentially more damaging than the entire event, but it is what it is.

Well said, There is always two sides to the story and the media picks the worst bits of both and tell everybody about it.
    Beer <-- maybe a few to many for me
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 22:22

rhinoceroo wrote:

Levi 2020 or Lichaa any time.

I think he's a terrible footballer but he is a decent defender and 45 tackles a game with only two or three misses is not a bad start when you're priced at 33.

It's so hard to pick blokes that are just terrible footballers even if they score well in fantasy
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 22:24

Any advice on my 3rd draft

Cook
    Tolo murray twal
    Matterson fifita
    Lam townsend
    averillo walker
    Turbo issako moylan

Brailey davey watson rikki
    Liddle blore 246k and nuffie
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 22:25

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

It's so hard to pick blokes that are just terrible footballers even if they score well in fantasy

Agreed. Maybe one for the WAGs team.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 22:33

There are lots of obvious cheap value players, who do we think are likely mid rangers that can reach gun keeper level this season?

There were quite a few last year which can be categorised as...

Change of role/minutes:
    Harris
    Carrigan
    Yeo
    Koro

Finally got his shit together:
    Edwards
    Lomax

Gun rookies:
    Best
    Grant

Picking the equivalent players this season will go a long way to a top finish, its where I am trying to focus my attention.

Last edited by mattnz on Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 22:50; edited 2 times in total
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 22:39

manlybeaver wrote:Any advice on my 3rd draft

Cook
    Tolo murray twal
    Matterson fifita
    Lam townsend
    averillo walker
    Turbo issako moylan

Brailey davey watson rikki
    Liddle blore 246k and nuffie

Great forward pack!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 22:58

mattnz wrote:There are lots of obvious cheap value players, who do we think are likely mid rangers that can reach gun keeper level this season?

There were quite a few last year:
    Best
    Harris
    Carrigan
    Yeo
    Koroisau
    Grant
    Edwards
    Lomax

Picking the equivalent players this season will go a long way to a top finish, its where I am trying to focus my attention.

Depends what you mean by cheapie. Looking at 450-600 players, the forwards with a shot of becoming 750k players due to age/improvement/ability are EKatoa, Tino, Rudolf, Radley Tupounuia. Barely been discussed other than Tino and he's the only one in any of my squads because of other, cheaper options with more cash-generating certainty in the forwards but I'd expect at least one of the others to turn gun this year.

Backs have been fully discussed. TTrbo, Holmes etc in the WFBs. Debates over Brooks, Morgan, CHT, Lam, Milf in the HLFs.

Not sure about the criteria for your original list. Best and Grant weren't mid-rangers last year. Neither, at the other end, was Harris.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024 - 10:13