NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 2 - Backdoor Entry

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 2 - Backdoor Entry - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 2 - Backdoor Entry

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:13 pm

Comment from Niu, bit more confirmation that Milford is on the right side this season

"[I'm] still learning new things, I've got Milf on inside me helping me out, also Xavier [Coates] outside of me ... It's going to be a challenge [to replace Staggs] but I've just got to do me and play my game. Don't try to be someone else that I'm not."

Additionally, Broncos website confirmed fracture -

“He will undergo surgery later this week, with a recovery time of 4-6 weeks.”

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 2 - Backdoor Entry - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 2 - Backdoor Entry

Post by Camo123 Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:16 pm

13CokeHeads wrote:Happy fantasy year!!

Just tuned in, I need to make a new account as failhub said if I am to be apart of a supporter league I will need to start from scratch. So... Which club will be easiest to win this year? Titans a few years ago was pretty easy after a dreadful few years... On that logic Im gonna go with either the Dragons, Tigers or the Bulldogs. Although the Doggies probably bought a few new members with buys like cotric etc.

There's no easy supporter league to win. You have to finish in around top 50-75 at worst
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:28 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

He did recruit Cameron Smith to the North’s devils all those years ago

That's probably the closest - although I'm not sure Cam Smith was quite the same player at 17 as he became an the Storm.
    I'd argue that a club that Hook wasn't the coach of (i.e. Melbourne Storm) benefitted the most out of that recruitment.

Hook doesn't look like the has quite the same eye for a great HOK these days - seems a bit ironic really...
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:21 pm

An article in SMH today refuting a lot of the crap posted here about Folau yesterday...

Folau had only just returned to Brisbane for family reasons from the south of France, where he had been enjoying life with Perpignan-based Super League side the Catalans Dragons. He had not intended to leave the club, having found a home where few people knew who he was and few were aware of his controversial beliefs.

But when the mother of his wife, Maria - who just a few months ago had given birth to the couple’s first child - fell gravely ill, Folau’s plans changed.

Folau and his family flew back to Australia to be by his mother-in-law’s side and they have been in Brisbane ever since. That situation is why Folau recently requested a release from the final year of his deal with Catalans on compassionate grounds, despite his gratitude towards the club for showing faith in him when few would.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/inside-the-dragons-bid-to-lure-folau-and-why-nrl-is-considering-his-return-20210202-p56ys2.html
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:26 pm

13CokeHeads wrote:Happy fantasy year!!

Just tuned in, I need to make a new account as failhub said if I am to be apart of a supporter league I will need to start from scratch. So... Which club will be easiest to win this year? Titans a few years ago was pretty easy after a dreadful few years... On that logic Im gonna go with either the Dragons, Tigers or the Bulldogs. Although the Doggies probably bought a few new members with buys like cotric etc.

You do realise that the quality of the supporters fantasy league has nothing to do with the quality of the NRL team.

Avoid Warriors - there are a heap of kiwis that play fantasy (they can win prizes in Fantasy but not Supercoach, so all serious NZ based players go Fantasy)
    Roosters, Manly generally have people near the top too
    mtb keeps winning the Broncos league, so you'll have to beat him if you go Broncos.

Titans, Panthers, Raiders have traditionally been easier leagues to win.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:33 pm

Milchcow wrote:mtb keeps winning the Broncos league, so you'll have to beat him if you go Broncos.

think you'll find I became a Titans supporter mid last year.

I will be in the Broncos league as always
    13CokeHeads
    13CokeHeads

Post by 13CokeHeads Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:38 pm

Good one, I think the guy who won Eels last was 50th or something overall.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:41 pm

my tv broke wrote:

think you'll find I became a Titans supporter mid last year.

I will be in the Broncos league as always

I've been a Titans fan (in fantasy) for a few years.

Ever since I finished top 30 and missed out on Tigers prize but would have won a bunch of other team's leagues
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:54 pm

Milchcow wrote:

You do realise that the quality of the supporters fantasy league has nothing to do with the quality of the NRL team.

Avoid Warriors - there are a heap of kiwis that play fantasy (they can win prizes in Fantasy but not Supercoach, so all serious NZ based players go Fantasy)
    Roosters, Manly generally have people near the top too
    mtb keeps winning the Broncos league, so you'll have to beat him if you go Broncos.

Titans, Panthers, Raiders have traditionally been easier leagues to win.

Wasn't last year's overall winner in the Titans league? I think a fair few people (yourself included) joined the Titans league looking for edge, and obviously if enough serious players do that then it becomes self-defeating.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:15 pm

Hey Bunnies fans. I am looking at Kolo as a scoring bench player this year if he gets the gig on the EDG, since there are reports Murray is moving to the middle. Little concerned he may only survive 40 or 50min out there if they gets Murray into a rotation with Arrow and Murray slots out wide for a period. Would like to know some feedback on this guy and if he passes rhe eye test and potential Fantasy test.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:18 pm

"The Dragons explained that from all conversations they have had with Folau, they are confident he would cause any more controversy." - Fox Sports

oh, how a missing word can completely change the meaning of a sentence.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:24 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Hey Bunnies fans. I am looking at Kolo as a scoring bench player this year if he gets the gig on the EDG, since there are reports Murray is moving to the middle. Little concerned he may only survive 40 or 50min out there if they gets Murray into a rotation with Arrow and Murray slots out wide for a period. Would like to know some feedback on this guy and if he passes rhe eye test and potential Fantasy test.

Not a bunnies fan, but will say #2RFsDon'tPlaySmallMinutes
    If Koloa does play edge, you'd generally expect his PPM rate to drop compared to playing Middle (0.84PPM last year).
    He does pass the eye test though, and should make some money, you'd think?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:42 pm

Tried a halves heavy draft and quite like the floor

Managed to fit in all of Cleary, Moses, Munster along with Brooks + CHT. Few sacrifices have to be made but stacking halves seems viable

#halvesarethenewhookers
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:04 am

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Hey Bunnies fans. I am looking at Kolo as a scoring bench player this year if he gets the gig on the EDG, since there are reports Murray is moving to the middle. Little concerned he may only survive 40 or 50min out there if they gets Murray into a rotation with Arrow and Murray slots out wide for a period. Would like to know some feedback on this guy and if he passes rhe eye test and potential Fantasy test.

Have to wait and see where Wayne plays Arrow. If Arrow is used as a middle I’ll be all on Kolo.

He passes the eye test and is a good fantasy scorer for mine.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:12 am

Can Moylan be trusted this year? 10 points under priced according to his average. Weighing up a centre pairing of Roberts and Averillo, with WFBs being Teddy, Turbo, Niu/Moylan. Niu acts as centre cover if one goes down and Moylan slots into WFB.

I can't find any info on Johnson though? How long is he out for
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:14 am

ytsb wrote:Can Moylan be trusted this year?

No but he's probably too cheap to not take the risk. Just haev coverage. Admittedly "coverage" guys like Averillo & Niu could find themselves back in reserve grade within a couple of weeks too.

I think SJ is a long way off, Moylan is capable of dud scores but he should be in the team every week if he isn't injured. I'll probably bail on him if he has any injury concerns before round 1.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:19 am

ytsb wrote:Can Moylan be trusted this year? 10 points under priced according to his average. Weighing up a centre pairing of Roberts and Averillo, with WFBs being Teddy, Turbo, Niu/Moylan. Niu acts as centre cover if one goes down and Moylan slots into WFB.

I can't find any info on Johnson though? How long is he out for
    If Moylan is playing decently he likely gets fullback when SJ returns.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:23 am

SJ is out long enough that it doesn't really matter what his return means for Moylan.

Moylan won't be a final 17 player, so he just needs to stay fit and playing long enough to make some cash and then get upgraded.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:26 am

In the past few years there has only been 1 edge player who consistently got low minutes (Frank Winterstein)

If the bunnies set up a Murray lock-to-edge rotation with Arrow coming off the bench, then I guess its possible they'll have a low minute edge in the team.

In general though if someone starts on the edge, you can bank on them getting good minutes.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:40 am

Draft #2 for the year. I've told myself this is it until tlt but that's a load of rubbish.

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 2 - Backdoor Entry - Page 40 Draft111

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:44 am