NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition

Post by No Worries Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:29 am

my tv broke wrote:

Agree re aami park, been there twice and it was just weird compared to every other game of league i've been to, just seemed to be a lack of understanding of the game. which is fine in itself, but just the high and mighty arrogance that comes with it is a bit off.

I love this avatar. Not sure if it's just me, but the bloke on the left looks like MS & Verbal's love child ?
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition

Post by Erin Moleman Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:31 am

filthridden wrote:In other Warriors news that I'm not sure has been posted:

CHT had a head clash at training and may not play on Sunday as he would have to pass HIA protocols.
    Lots of options in the halves: Hiku, Harris, Keighran or even RTS.

Pretty sure they’ve already said it will be Paul turner
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:33 am

my tv broke wrote:

Agree re aami park, been there twice and it was just weird compared to every other game of league i've been to, just seemed to be a lack of understanding of the game. which is fine in itself, but just the high and mighty arrogance that comes with it is a bit off.

In my experience Storm and Souths compete for the fans with the most passion/least knowledge of the rules.

Just boo everything and always insult the refs. Happens everywhere to some degree, but they are the winners IMO.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:33 am

wolfking wrote:Alright, I kept Pappy, thank God. Now, have 5 trades and one will more than likely be Siro/Hethro to Koala.  Now any opinions on if I do a second trade?  Do I;

A. Play Talau/Hammer
    B. Trade Haas to anyone (probably Ponga)
    C. Trade Siro/Hethro to Doorey

Cheers.
    I think Siro if he’s indeed out which is likely will probs just be a 1-2 week injury mate. 

I don’t think I’d play Talau or Hammer.

You gone off Koala?

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:35 am

Erin Moleman wrote:

Pretty sure they’ve already said it will be Paul turner

Future of the club, be nice to see him in first grade if that's the case.

EDIT: Quote from Payten: "If he gets a shot, if we lean that way, then I'm sure he can do the job."

Sounds like journalists asked about Turner but it wasn't Payten singling him out necessarily.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:39 am

No Worries wrote:

I love this avatar. Not sure if it's just me, but the bloke on the left looks like MS & Verbal's love child ?

I'm sorry you had to find out like this Beer
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:40 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I think Siro if he’s indeed out which is likely will probs just be a 1-2 week injury mate. 

I don’t think I’d play Talau or Hammer.

You gone off Koala?

My first trade will be either Siro or Hetherington to Koala mate but I'd still have to play one of Talau or Hammer if I don't trade Haas. Tricky one.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:41 am

Unlucky Warriors lost three in the same training session potentially:
    CHT with a head clash
    Keighran broken nose in the same head clash
    Herbert torn hamstring
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:41 am

wolfking wrote:Alright, I kept Pappy, thank God. Now, have 5 trades and one will more than likely be Siro/Hethro to Koala.  Now any opinions on if I do a second trade?  Do I;

A. Play Talau/Hammer

Cheers.

Wouldn't mind some other thoughts if possible lads? This is a tricky one.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:42 am

filthridden wrote:Unlucky Warriors lost three in the same training session potentially:
    CHT with a head clash
    Keighran broken nose in the same head clash
    Herbert torn hamstring

Ouch!
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:44 am

wolfking wrote:

Wouldn't mind some other thoughts if possible lads?  This is a tricky one.

Just play talau he’d be in a lot of teams this week I would have thought
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:49 am

wolfking wrote:

Would rule out C as I'm not that keen on a Bulldogs rookie who could disappear at any time.

So A or B. Most people will probably have to play Talau/Hammer this week, but I think with 5 trades Haas to anyone is worthwhile.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:49 am

A. Play Talau/Hammer

With 5 trades, I think Haas to Anyone might be OK

I'd just play Talau/Hammer - unless you want to use the Haas money to make a significant upgrade, any points bonus will likely not be big enough to be worth it.

If Siro plays, just keep him. if you have to trade, guess it depends what you think Doorey will do. Will Jackson at lock, Thompson bench be the go for the rest of the season? Or will Doorey get reshuffled
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:59 am

A. Play Talau/Hammer

Cheers.

wolfking wrote:Wouldn't mind some other thoughts if possible lads?  This is a tricky one.

5 trades left I'd probably move out Haas(I am with the same number of trades), but not sure I'd do it for Ponga. I'd want someone that you can pretty much guarantee scores more than Haas over the next 6 weeks. Ponga could easily put up 2 stinkers in the last 6 weeks by the nature of the position.

I'd want a McInnes/Bateman/Taumalolo/Cook/DCE/Cleary kind of player that will give you a high floor with an incredible ceiling.

Trading Haas to Ponga could very easily leave you looking foolish
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:14 am

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'll be down to 4 trades as if I don't trade hethero or Siro to Koala, I'll be playing both Talau and Hammer. Getting Koala eliminates one. (If Siro is out). So will be 4 trades after that down to 3 if I move Haas. team is;

Hunt
    Mofo Carrigan
    Lucy Tolo Brown
    DCE Cleary
    Lomax Herbie
    Papps Teddy Nofo

McInnes Pearce Siro Talau

Hammer Haas Fui Hetherington

So hetro/Siro to Koala burns one trade and down to 4.

MS you are right, getting him for Ponga could backfire and make my team balance pretty shite but no one else really interests me that much to move Haas for. Cook is up and down, maybe Bateman though. I like Klemmer but he won't reach Haas' levels. Considering I do have McInnes, DCE, Cleary, Ted and even though I'm missing Ponga, plus Brown put up a good POD score last night, I may just hold Haas and play Talau.

Thanks again.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:22 am

Id be holding Haas and saving trades. I don't like the risk of making a trade that will theoretically beat a 4xHaas + 2xTalau if you run out trades from injury and can't trade out, say, Cleary in the last round or two. 

Just my 2cents.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:29 am

Snatchpato wrote:Id be holding Haas and saving trades. I don't like the risk of making a trade that will theoretically beat a 4xHaas + 2xTalau if you run out trades from injury and can't trade out, say, Cleary in the last round or two. 

Just my 2cents.

Thanks mate. I'm now leaning towards this. I mean I'm not confident on running both Tigers wingers against the Chooks but they are understrength, so you never know.

I think if Pappy and Brown shit themselves last night I'd be more anxious to trade Haas.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:38 am

wolfking wrote:

Thanks mate.  I'm now leaning towards this.  I mean I'm not confident on running both Tigers wingers against the Chooks but they are understrength, so you never know.

I think if Pappy and Brown shit themselves last night I'd be more anxious to trade Haas.

Sucks to have to play both of them but probably not worth burning trades on it. That said, I sold Haas to Hunt since I think he will score more points.

Talau on that left wing is just as bad as HTF, if not worse, since Mbye and Brooks are notorious ball hogs and he gets nothing out there. If the sides were swapped, Talau would be a keeper and Nofo would be scoring 20s.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:40 am

Did anyone think Cooper Johns looks like Kurt Gidley. I've never seen Cooper Johns before but when they showed him on the field just before the game started I thought geez he looks like Kurt Gidley not Matty Johns.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:41 am

wolfking wrote:

Thanks mate.  I'm now leaning towards this.  I mean I'm not confident on running both Tigers wingers against the Chooks but they are understrength, so you never know.

My two cents. If I had 5 trades I'd trade Haas. I push the envelope with trades though. Agree with MS though, would want it to be for one of those guys he mentioned.

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 7:15 am