NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Poll

    Should I stay or should I go?

    [ 12 ]
    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Bar_left75%2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Bar_right [75%] 
    [ 4 ]
    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Bar_left25%2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Bar_right [25%] 

    Total Votes: 16
    Poll closed
    danaconda86
    danaconda86

    Posts : 115
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2018-02-24
    Location : Brisbane

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by danaconda86 Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:34 am

    We have 5 out of the 12 spots filled from last year.
    Once (or if) we get the league filled we can go with the consensus on league rules.
    Would be good to keep it within the forum, but if not, I should be able to get a couple extras.
    The main thing would be to keep active teams in the league…to promote this I’d be keen for a nominal buy-in ($100 per year maybe) but if people are against this, then not a necessity.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16293
    Reputation : 8888
    Join date : 2015-10-22
    Location : Sydney

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Revraiser Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:13 pm

    Mearcats wrote:I know Revsie was pretty keen as well on getting into a dynasty.

    Havent actually been in one before, like the idea of it, might be lost though... easy prey and all haha
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

    Posts : 1325
    Reputation : 324
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by BroncHose Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:52 pm

    danaconda86 wrote:Hey all,

    League code for dynasty
    https://sleeper.app/i/E5Na5g7W5Nkw

    In
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 1029
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 39
    Location : Mons

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Mearcats Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:54 pm

    Revraiser wrote:

    Havent actually been in one before, like the idea of it, might be lost though... easy prey and all haha

    Only difference to redraft is that you're keeping the players you draft rather than getting new ones each year mate. So values skew a lil more towards young uns. Scoring and the basic premise tho is still pretty similar. You ain't no fish, don't be playing dumb around here hahaha
    Jack Torrance
    Jack Torrance

    Posts : 810
    Reputation : 647
    Join date : 2021-02-23
    Location : Hopefully ahead of mtvb ;)

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Jack Torrance Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:06 pm

    Revraiser wrote:

    Havent actually been in one before, like the idea of it, might be lost though... easy prey and all haha

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Giphy
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16293
    Reputation : 8888
    Join date : 2015-10-22
    Location : Sydney

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Revraiser Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:41 pm

    Mearcats wrote:

    Only difference to redraft is that you're keeping the players you draft rather than getting new ones each year mate. So values skew a lil more towards young uns. Scoring and the basic premise tho is still pretty similar. You ain't no fish, don't be playing dumb around here hahaha

    Jack Torrance wrote:

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Giphy

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Giphy

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Giphy
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

    Posts : 1325
    Reputation : 324
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by BroncHose Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:01 pm

    danaconda86 wrote:Hey all,

    League code for dynasty
    https://sleeper.app/i/E5Na5g7W5Nkw

    Bump to advertise the last spot in the New Fantasy Fanatics Dynasty League.

    12 Team, Superflex, Tight End Premium Dynasty.

    We've got some newbies and a few more experienced players, but its good fun and good banter. Best if you are able to fill the job for a few years though (or find your own replacement). Looking to start the draft fairly soon for the NFL season starting in about 4 weeks. It makes for a good offset to NRL season.

    Link above if you want the last position.

    Who's in????
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12182
    Reputation : 8683
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by robelgordo Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:26 pm

    I took the spot.

    I’m not the biggest NFL guy, although been doing draft leagues for a long time including a cash one, so should be in it for the long haul.

    I also made about 7000 trades with Jack last year.

    BroncHose
    BroncHose

    Posts : 1325
    Reputation : 324
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by BroncHose Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:15 pm

    Hey Lads,
    It's been a minute but this is a call out for anyone interested in a couple of the NFL Fantasy leagues that a few of us are in on Sleeper.

    We're getting close to reinvigorating the annual redraft leagues. Simple 10 team Standard Redraft leagues that usually get a good load of banter going.
    We should confirm who is managing each of the 3 leagues and who is promoting/relegated. I'll look to keep managing L1.

    There was also a startup for a small Cash Dynasty League ($20USD/season). We need one more semi-experienced player to join up with a good bunch of lads.

    Post here or in the redraft leagues if you are interested.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 4322
    Reputation : 1842
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by StuDogg101 Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:26 pm

    Just jumping in on this a little bit early (old thread I know but dont want to wait lol). I'm playing my cash league vs some of my US mates again, and this year they've made it a keeper league which I've never played before. I have a little while to decide on who my keepers should be, but the time limit means I need to start thinking about it now. I see Kupp and Diggs as two of my 3 keepers (injuries pending of course), but my third one is up in the air so I thought I'd seek the sage advice of you guys and get the NFL wheels oiled early.

    Other options are Jackson, Waddle, Stevenson, Walker III, Higgins, Hockenson and I guess Wilson Jr or Akers at a stretch.

    Am I mad for leaning Hockenson considering the dearth of decent TEs? Don't know the draft order either so can't guarantee a good one. Same argument could be made for any RBs though in saying that. Although I think Jackson will crack on this season as long as he doesn't get injured, don't know if he's *keeper* worthy.

    Anyway thanks in advance, even just typing all this out has got my brain thinking but I'd love any advice no matter how inconsequential.
    Jstevens269
    Jstevens269

    Posts : 66
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2018-05-02

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Jstevens269 Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:28 pm

    I’ll be down for the free league again this year!
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

    Posts : 1026
    Reputation : 1030
    Join date : 2018-01-06

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:21 pm

    StuDogg101 wrote:Just jumping in on this a little bit early (old thread I know but dont want to wait lol). I'm playing my cash league vs some of my US mates again, and this year they've made it a keeper league which I've never played before. I have a little while to decide on who my keepers should be, but the time limit means I need to start thinking about it now. I see Kupp and Diggs as two of my 3 keepers (injuries pending of course), but my third one is up in the air so I thought I'd seek the sage advice of you guys and get the NFL wheels oiled early.

    Other options are Jackson, Waddle, Stevenson, Walker III, Higgins, Hockenson and I guess Wilson Jr or Akers at a stretch.

    Am I mad for leaning Hockenson considering the dearth of decent TEs? Don't know the draft order either so can't guarantee a good one. Same argument could be made for any RBs though in saying that. Although I think Jackson will crack on this season as long as he doesn't get injured, don't know if he's *keeper* worthy.

    Anyway thanks in advance, even just typing all this out has got my brain thinking but I'd love any advice no matter how inconsequential.

    I would be keeping Waddle over Kupp and Rhamondre over Hock too probably
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 4322
    Reputation : 1842
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by StuDogg101 Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:27 am

    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

    I would be keeping Waddle over Kupp and Rhamondre over Hock too probably

    Oh wow I had never considered Kupp as anything but a first rounder but I guess being under two injury clouds is enough doubt for now. Thanks for the reply!
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 27136
    Reputation : 10914
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 36
    Location : Wales

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Welshy Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:30 am

    Jstevens269 wrote:I’ll be down for the free league again this year!

    count me in also
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 27136
    Reputation : 10914
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 36
    Location : Wales

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Welshy Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:31 am

    StuDogg101 wrote:Just jumping in on this a little bit early (old thread I know but dont want to wait lol). I'm playing my cash league vs some of my US mates again, and this year they've made it a keeper league which I've never played before. I have a little while to decide on who my keepers should be, but the time limit means I need to start thinking about it now. I see Kupp and Diggs as two of my 3 keepers (injuries pending of course), but my third one is up in the air so I thought I'd seek the sage advice of you guys and get the NFL wheels oiled early.

    Other options are Jackson, Waddle, Stevenson, Walker III, Higgins, Hockenson and I guess Wilson Jr or Akers at a stretch.

    Am I mad for leaning Hockenson considering the dearth of decent TEs? Don't know the draft order either so can't guarantee a good one. Same argument could be made for any RBs though in saying that. Although I think Jackson will crack on this season as long as he doesn't get injured, don't know if he's *keeper* worthy.

    Anyway thanks in advance, even just typing all this out has got my brain thinking but I'd love any advice no matter how inconsequential.

    Are you being assigned rounds for each of these keepers mate?
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

    Posts : 1026
    Reputation : 1030
    Join date : 2018-01-06

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:57 am

    StuDogg101 wrote:

    Oh wow I had never considered Kupp as anything but a first rounder but I guess being under two injury clouds is enough doubt for now. Thanks for the reply!

    Kupp is great value this year but in a keeper league Waddle is immensely valuable and more so now that Hill is on a timeline to retirement
    Weiland
    Weiland

    Posts : 3209
    Reputation : 1162
    Join date : 2018-03-13
    Location : Christchurch

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Weiland Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:55 am

    Welshy wrote:

    count me in also

    Also keen.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

    Posts : 1026
    Reputation : 1030
    Join date : 2018-01-06

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:13 pm

    I’m also keen but I’m pretty sure L2 simply didn’t happen last year? I missed out either way, but happy to start again in L3
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 9897
    Reputation : 3200
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 31

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by RandomSil Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:09 pm

    Yo? I'll make up numbers if you need them happy to sit out tho
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 4322
    Reputation : 1842
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by StuDogg101 Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:43 am

    Welshy wrote:

    Are you being assigned rounds for each of these keepers mate?

    Good question, I'm not sure

      Current date/time is Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:45 pm