NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Nofo has a tough run. Could turn Haas into Ponga then Nofo back into Haas in 2 weeks. Hmm......

Loved watching Nofo on the weekend, but don't see him scoring anywhere near that again this season with the draw they have. Damn he looked immense on the weekend though.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Post by FalconSloth Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Is Barnett a genuine trade in option? Is his run sustainable? how long wi;ll he keep this big minute role at lock?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:52 pm

easytiger wrote:

I feel like I'm a somewhat normal person, and I think the very concept of 6 weeks for that is madness.
    I've heard the Payne Haas crusher tackle and accidental and basically nothing, but we know how life-affecting spine injuries can be and pressure on the next in that way is risky to the tackled player who is basically defenseless. It's not exactly accidental when no-one put Haas in that position - so the main argument seems like none of us want him out for 2 weeks.

I wouldn't say Proctor put exactly put himself in that position (aside from opening his mouth), and it certainly didn't look like a premeditated/malicious act that he had set out to do. It didn't appear to cause any laceration and who knows, maybe caused some minor indentation at the time?, I can't imagine any long term injury as a result, and would love to know if there's any photographic proof of injury/harm due to that incident.
    The main issue seems to be that it's a bad look - which it is, but surely there has to be some common sense around the actual damage/risk of damage/intention?

PS I'm not a huge fan of Proctor (and I think I'd feel the same way whoever the player), and I am a Fermor owner who could benefit from Proctor being scrubbed out.

Yeah but a tackle going wrong is still attempting a footy play.

A bite is what exactly?

I dunno, FB seems pro-Proctor getting off so it could be me out of touch.

FWIW Id be fine with Haas getting two weeks if there seemed to be precedent or some transparency/explanation around grading decisions. But it didn’t seem bad relative to other tackles that lead to no ban.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:57 pm

WT2K wrote:

Hmm, could be a trade in for Niu/Randall.
    You’re going well if they’re your only concerns mate.

I’ve got Randall and Niu as well but I’ve got Haas, Aubbs and Siro out this week.

I’m hoping Taupau plays come Saturday night as well, otherwise I’m in big strife.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:57 pm

My take is that at no point he actually clenches down. in the video you can see that he is actually trying to open his mouth and pull back. it was unfortunate that Johnson's arm ended up in his mouth but Proctor didn't bite. If you push your arm against your bottom teeth hard it will hurt and it will leave a mark but that doesn't constitute a bite. In my opinion it wasn't a bite and with Johnson's support along with many ex players I reckon he'll play this week
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:58 pm

FalconSloth wrote:Is Barnett a genuine trade in option? Is his run sustainable? how long wi;ll he keep this big minute role at lock?
    That’s what I worry about so if I bring someone in that price range in I’d go for JFH.
    Ram it in my Haas

Post by Ram it in my Haas Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:02 pm

FalconSloth wrote:Is Barnett a genuine trade in option? Is his run sustainable? how long wi;ll he keep this big minute role at lock?

Yeah I'd say this run is def sustainable. Coach seems to really like him, came back from a serious injury and has played 70+ mins the last 4 weeks. I'm jumping on him this week before his price rises even more.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:02 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    That’s what I worry about so if I bring someone in that price range in I’d go for JFH.

Yeah I'm tempted to get FRF cover and Knights fan mate said Barnett keeps getting big minutes due to injuries
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:04 pm

robelgordo wrote:

A bite is what exactly?

Something that toddlers seem prone to do at least once. It hurts at the time, but you move on...

In all seriousness, I can't help but wonder if it's a bit of a blow up.
    Happens almost never, this one in particular seems uncertain as to whether it really was a "bite" (especially with a mouth guard up top, on a thick forearm).

It's a bad look when it happens, I can't help but wonder if it's somewhat self-moderating - clubs don't want it, sponsors don't want it, if you are a player that does it - it's almost certainly damaging your market value and reputation. One like that seems way less bad than an eye gouge, so to be talked about as season ending, just seems a bit OTT - but maybe that's just the media...
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:04 pm

FalconSloth wrote:My take is that at no point he actually clenches down. in the video you can see that he is actually trying to open his mouth and pull back. it was unfortunate that Johnson's arm ended up in his mouth but Proctor didn't bite. If you push your arm against your bottom teeth hard it will hurt and it will leave a mark but that doesn't constitute a bite. In my opinion it wasn't a bite and with Johnson's support along with many ex players I reckon he'll play this week

Agreed and was wearing mouthguard no? SJ saying accidental anyway and will support him at judiciary
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:08 pm

I feel like Barnett has had a habit of this happening on a number of occasions over the years.
    He's always been capable of putting up a few 70's, often close together so that he looks like a genuine keeper.
    Typically within a few weeks he seems to get injured or starts hitting 30's instead (with big demerits).

I guess if you're buying him, you're hoping he can sustain a run for just 6 weeks...
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Im considering bringing in JFH for Young.

It'd be really helpful if Capewell was named this week also.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:18 pm

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6883906/titans-arrow-facing-lengthy-nrl-break/

Apparently Arrow out for at least a month. Fucking fantastic

Probably have to sell him even if it leaves me with 1 trade
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:19 pm

Camo123 wrote:https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6883906/titans-arrow-facing-lengthy-nrl-break/

No use holding that amount of money for maybe two weeks mate. He may not even play again this year.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:23 pm

I'm looking at Munster + Siro to MoFo + Starling.

I like Barnett in that price range but think MoFo has a more secure role.

It's annoying I didn't get Starling when he was cheap, but with 427k to spend I might just have to bite the bullet and admit he's the most likely to hit 40+ in the price range.

Would leave me with 3 trades and:

McInness
    Taupau Mofo
    Lolo Jurbo Tevaga
    DCE Moses
    Lomax Mitchell
    Teddy Pap Ponga

Carrigan Fog Starling Fui

Talau HTF Haas Randall
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:31 pm

wolfking wrote:

No use holding that amount of money for maybe two weeks mate.  He may not even play again this year.

Honestly all of the players I was looking at I pick the one that gets a 4 week injury and 31 points to go with it

Only got 6k ITB so best options probably Friend or Lawrie. Lawrie was one of players I was looking at last week but thought having McInnes/Hunt/Lawrie in forward pack was going to be overkill.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:32 pm

Camo123 wrote:https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6883906/titans-arrow-facing-lengthy-nrl-break/

That stings. I’ve had some bad injuries this season to players but I think you’ve copped a little worse than me mate the last 6-7 weeks or so.

You copped Tommy T and Twal as well off top of my head.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:33 pm

Righteo catch you guys later around 9pm tonight after work.

May TLT be as kind to us as possible.........
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:36 pm

Anyone else see a FB post that AUBOs career likely over with confirmation of serious ligament damage to the wrist?
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:41 pm

Went Grant -> JFH

1 trade left for an emergency Sad bit short!

Cook
    JFH Carrigan
    Yeo Bateman Matterson
    Bhunt Cleary
    Fuimaono Crichton
    Ponga Papa Teddy

NBrown Tevaga Starling Haas
    Farnworth HTF Aubs ODonnell

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:06 am