NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Post by Shady2K Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:59 pm

robelgordo wrote:

My view:

Doueihi or Shibs have the best base with potential to go boom. I got Shibs in draft last week

Leilua is a risky prospect but might be worth a try

Pereira has good base but just had his best week. Not going to get much ball outside Aitken

Kelly is on a good run but don't know if its sustainable

Lee (Brenko I assume?) is the worst option IMO. I have him in fantasy too hahaha

Camo123 wrote:

Pereira or Shibasaki for me

How's your draft team coming along. Mine is killing it, 4 points clear of 2nd and basically guaranteed top 2 spot in 8 person league after being 6th drafter

Bit of a weird season for draft as most teams stopped playing at restart meaning it was easy to pick up better guns

Yeah the Brenko variety... leaning towards Shiba/Pereira/Kelly. Probably Shiba for the base, hasn't gone under 31 all year

2nd place in my comp. Fairly tight - 1st is on 24pts and I'm on 22, followed by 20, 18, 18 etc. Lost last week thanks to a few duds (Latrell, Tino, Papalii getting a breather) but will get in finals easily

Using a different layout for the team as well, mine's:

Koroisau
    Papalii Tino
    Yeo Frizell
    DCE
    Shibasaki
    Brimson Crichton

Grant Capewell RFM Lawrie Latrell

Last edited by Shady2K on Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:01 pm

Will keep Haas and play Luke Thompson (18th man)
    Has been fairly average since owning , Tolman has been more exciting to watch haha
    Could be worse
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:10 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Proctor just have to testify he's a mouthbreather because of some nasal problem. SJ will contradict whatever the referee says. Then he'll be sweet.

Exactly this.

Have you seen how crooked Proctors snozz is? Im surprised he's able to breathe at all!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:11 pm

Think I'll pull the trigger on Haas and Munster to Bateman and Teddy. Probably means running the gauntlet without Haas for the last 4 weeks
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:17 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Think I'll pull the trigger on Haas and Munster to Bateman and Teddy. Probably means running the gauntlet without Haas for the last 4 weeks

I'm going to agonise over who to grab all week. I feel like not owning Hunt is going to hurt, but I'm still not sure on grabbing him. Bateman is extremely tempting.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:23 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Think I'll pull the trigger on Haas and Munster to Bateman and Teddy. Probably means running the gauntlet without Haas for the last 4 weeks

Surely you can run a half decent team without burning two trades?

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:23 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I'm going to agonise over who to grab all week. I feel like not owning Hunt is going to hurt, but I'm still not sure on grabbing him. Bateman is extremely tempting.

It's simple, just pick the gun that is going to score the most points over the rest of the season

I'm tossing up various combinations that involve McInnes, Teddy, Bateman, Fifita, Matterson

Team lists could throw up another curve ball as well
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Surely you can run a half decent team without burning two trades?

I'll need 2 of Munster, Sironen, Fermor, Asi to get a run if I want to bank trades

Alternatively I can hold Haas, cash out Sironen and upgrade Munster to someone like Hunt/Matterson/Fifita

Too many options I probably need to wait for team lists
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:28 pm

I could trade out Munster and Haas but I’ll probably choose the wrong two guns. One will do a Cook and the other will get injured and then I’m no better off and I’ve lost two trades.

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I could trade out Munster and Haas but I’ll probably choose the wrong two guns. One will do a Cook and the other will get injured and then I’m no better off and I’ve lost two trades.

Was thinking about this today. Atleast with Haas suspended he can't tear his ACL*

*Don't train too hard Haas
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:33 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Was thinking about this today. Atleast with Haas suspended he can't tear his ACL*

At this stage I know I’ll have two rounds where my score will suffer a bit and then I’ll get Munster and Haas back. Id much rather have the trades to get rid of season enders that could happen between now and the end.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:35 pm

Broncos seem to lose a player to a training injury every week.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 pm

I've got a meeting 1530-1700 today and then have to help a mate move some furniture.
    Not gonna be able to check Team Lists til around dinner time. ARRGGHHH THE WORST

:pp:
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:41 pm

What TLT surprises do we expect today?

Or will it be pretty stock standard!?......
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:43 pm

filthridden wrote:I've got a meeting 1530-1700 today and then have to help a mate move some furniture.
    Not gonna be able to check Team Lists til around dinner time. ARRGGHHH THE WORST

Time to get one of these fancy new "mobile phones" ol chap
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:43 pm

filthridden wrote:I've got a meeting 1530-1700 today and then have to help a mate move some furniture.

I'm gearing up to mow the lawn to kill time, then take a long shower, get high and then remember to check teamlists an hour after they're announced Cool
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:44 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:What TLT surprises do we expect today?

Or will it be pretty stock standard!?......

If I was expecting it, it wouldn’t be a surprise Very Happy
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:45 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I actually reckon he'll get off now.

Its a classic footy thing. They're all mates so somehow getting bitten and saying so is worse than biting someone. It's like being the prison snitch, or a gangster going to the police. Johnson will testify he wasn't bitten, or if he was it's because he inadvertently had an arm in his face, just like thousands of other tackles but this time it was totally different.

Basically a normal, non-footy person would look at the incident and go: well yeah there's an arm in his face but he still didn't have to bite him, 6 weeks off.

In the footy world, all the players and ex-players will gather round and determine: "Proctor is a good bloke, it's not his go, severe caution".

I feel like I'm a somewhat normal person, and I think the very concept of 6 weeks for that is madness.
    I've heard the Payne Haas crusher tackle and accidental and basically nothing, but we know how life-affecting spine injuries can be and pressure on the next in that way is risky to the tackled player who is basically defenseless. It's not exactly accidental when no-one put Haas in that position - so the main argument seems like none of us want him out for 2 weeks.

I wouldn't say Proctor put exactly put himself in that position (aside from opening his mouth), and it certainly didn't look like a premeditated/malicious act that he had set out to do. It didn't appear to cause any laceration and who knows, maybe caused some minor indentation at the time?, I can't imagine any long term injury as a result, and would love to know if there's any photographic proof of injury/harm due to that incident.
    The main issue seems to be that it's a bad look - which it is, but surely there has to be some common sense around the actual damage/risk of damage/intention?

PS I'm not a huge fan of Proctor (and I think I'd feel the same way whoever the player), and I am a Fermor owner who could benefit from Proctor being scrubbed out.

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:47 pm

I'll need 2 of Munster, Sironen, Fermor, Asi to get a run if I want to bank trades

Alternatively I can hold Haas, cash out Sironen and upgrade Munster to someone like Hunt/Matterson/Fifita

Too many options I probably need to wait for team lists

OPTION A)
    Doing some numbers and I can cash out Randall and go Sironen > someone around 650K… looking at Taupau (if healthy)/JFH/Barnett/Turbo…

Team, when fit, will be (2 trades)
    CS9
    Twal Haas
    Fifita Lolo Lucy
    DCE Cleary
    Lomax Crichton
    Papy Ponga Cotric

Koro Carrigan Butcher cashout
    (Taupau/JFH/Barnett/Turbo) Moses HTF Herbie

Means missing out on Teddy

OR

OPTION B)
    Can do my original trades of Butcher + Lucy > Teddy and Matterson and run with this

CS9
    Twal Haas
    Fifita Lolo Matterson
    DCE Cleary
    Lomax Crichton
    Papy Ponga Teddy
    Koro Carrigan Moses Randall(hope he gets another run)
    Cotric Sironen Herbie HTF

And loop Cotric/Sironen (when fit)/Herbie/HTF for the last spot.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Last 4 weeks Koloamatangi has averaged 40mins and his avg has been 34 over the 4 games.

Hmm, could be a trade in for Niu/Randall.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 pm