NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:22 pm

wolfking wrote:

Same.  Leaning towards no trades now.  usually this much indecision ends badly.
    That’s my concern as well mate.

Do you think there is any chance Ivan pulls a swifty tomorrow night and gives Cleary a freshen up being a late out before kick off? Or you reckon he won’t do that til closer to finals?
    Khany
    Khany

NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful

Post by Khany Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:22 pm

Have to offload grant this round
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:25 pm

JSJSJSJ wrote:Hey out of curiosity, how is it decided when a new thread starts on this site?

Threads are limited to 50 pages so mods lock and start a new one.

Mods are all useless and lazy here though so usually happens somewhere around page 51-54.

#FireAllMods
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:27 pm

filthridden wrote:

Threads are limited to 50 pages so mods lock and start a new one.

Mods are all useless and lazy here though so usually happens somewhere around page 51-54.

#FireAllMods

Is that just an arbitrary number though? Where did 50 come from?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:28 pm

surmo13 wrote:

Bored enough to do some research on this to prove my point, let's just go for a simplified definition of a gun being any player with a 50+ avg, just to avoid subjectivity of who is and isn't a gun, and lets apply some simplified logic to averages and say that as a general rule, you'd expect a player to go under or over that number at around a 50% each way rate -

Since the season resumed, the Broncos have played 24 'guns', and only 10 of those have managed a better score than their season average, so just under 60% of guns who play against us can't even do better than their average, let alone go large like they seem to be expected to against such a dreadful team.

Nice research. I dunno why people look at fixtures. I feel like strength of opponent doesn't align much to fantasy scores, and in the case you've backed it up. It's also a very short-term way of looking at it.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:30 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

from ye olde sportal days, apparently any more than 50 put unnecessary weight on the servers or some shit, so when a thread hit 50 pages it had to be closed and a new one made, I don't know if any such restrictions are in place here, I think it's just tradition at this point.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    That’s my concern as well mate.

Do you think there is any chance Ivan pulls a swifty tomorrow night and gives Cleary a freshen up being a late out before kick off? Or you reckon he won’t do that til closer to finals?

Who knows mate. I think if he was going to rest him it would be planned and he wouldn't be named.
    whall15
    whall15

Post by whall15 Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:32 pm

whall15 wrote:Cook
    Haas MoFo
    Carrigan Lolo Butcher
    Cleary Pearce
    Mitchell Lomax
    Papy Teddy Pong

Aloiai Young Latrell Siro

Randall HTF Niu Musgrove

6 trades left, 543k.

Plan was to trade Aloiai, Young and Butcher to Moses, Fifita and Bateman over the next two weeks, leaving me with 3 trades left for the run home.

A bit sceptical of that plan now with Siro's bad last week and Randall being dropped with Green on the scene.

Otherwise, I'm at a bit of a loss, any thoughts?

Does anyone have some help for my awful indecision before Butcher plays tonight?
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:33 pm

Phil Lutton
    @phillutton78
    For those of you who have been losing sleep as to why Pat Carrigan only played 41 minutes last week for Brisbane, the answer is he had a groin issue and that has now been addressed. Rest well, rugby league fans #NRL
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:34 pm

surmo13 wrote:

from ye olde sportal days, apparently any more than 50 put unnecessary weight on the servers or some shit, so when a thread hit 50 pages it had to be closed and a new one made, I don't know if any such restrictions are in place here, I think it's just tradition at this point.

The dreamteam thread for the season used to be one thread which got up to thousands of pages before it eventually crashed the forum for weeks at Sportal

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:38 pm

Bethany_B wrote:I think my decision for trading is done, and I'm giving my super POD boy WightGUN another go this year Very Happy With that draw (Broncos this week plus some more nice fixtures coming up), I think he's a handy POD play. Would be nice if he still had WFB dual but oh well.

I've jumped on too. All aboard the green machine for the run home.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:41 pm

surmo13 wrote:
    FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Sort of, but it was 200 pages on Sportal surmo. After that a vortex would open up off the Continental Shelf and it would start raining fish in Glen Innes.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:41 pm

Is CS9 definitely going to be back next week? Any news? If he’s out again I’m gonna be pissed
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:47 pm

75 was the max on here before it auto turned over so we decided to make it a nice neat 50.

Which coincidentally will be Shiba’s average over the next 7 games Smile
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:53 pm

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has reduced his squad to face New Zealand Warriors at Central Coast Stadium on Friday.
    Matt Burton and Mitch Kenny have been omitted as the team chases its ninth-straight victory, which would be the longest winning streak in the club's history.

That puts paid to the chance that Cleary might be rested this week. Smile

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:55 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Sort of, but it was 200 pages on Sportal surmo. After that a vortex would open up off the Continental Shelf and it would start raining fish in Glen Innes.

ahh right you are, I've never been accused of having a strong memory.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:56 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has reduced his squad to face New Zealand Warriors at Central Coast Stadium on Friday.
    Matt Burton and Mitch Kenny have been omitted as the team chases its ninth-straight victory, which would be the longest winning streak in the club's history.

That puts paid to the chance that Cleary might be rested this week. Smile

May could always move to the halves, naden ctr, lawrie wing Laughing
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:58 pm

Erin Moleman wrote:

May could always move to the halves, naden ctr, lawrie wing Laughing

Don't say that............ Wink
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:03 pm

Well damn, looking like Taupau may not play this week due to his HIA. Who else to bring in this week as FRF coverage for less than $669k?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Well that’s great news, looks like Cleary definitely will be playing.

I can probs run the risk another week carrying just the one hooker and no halves or hooker cover on my bench.

I’m just gonna reverse my trades now and stick with the following:

No trades 6 trades left and 179k spare.

Hopefully I don’t regret this:

Hunt
    Haas MoFo
    Murray Taumalolo Yeo
    Cleary Pearce
    Latrell Aubusson
    Teddy Ponga Pap

Carrigan Lucy Taupau Sironen
    S. Crichton Hammer Randall Niu

Edit: Now watch Moses and Cook bring up banners!

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:36 pm