NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Aardvark Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:14 pm

wolfking wrote:

I'm screwed paying top dollar for Clearly last week anyway.  Would mean Paseka and Siro in the 17.  Would give me;

McInnes
    Haas Mofo
    Carrigan Tolo Lucy
    Cleary DCE
    Lomax Herbie
    Pappy Teddy Ponga

Hunt Nofo Paseka Siro

Talau Hammer Randall Hatherington

I don't mind it with 5 trades left.  As I said, could go Aubbs instead of Paseka.

The thing is you need to turn Young into someone you can play until they can either be upgraded to someone more reliable or you get a bit of good luck/bad luck and have to swap out a keeper for someone cheaper (allowing you to upgrade him)

I have Aubs and while I am happy to play him at CTR for the moment, I know that there will come a time he has to revert to emg cover so whoever comes in for Young for me has to be playable (unless i just rotate him and Sironen for ever Very Happy)

Paseka may be a better bet than the widow as Aubs can have some shockers off the bench

Last edited by Aardvark on Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Snatchpato Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:15 pm

Erin Clark > Teddy for me this week. Uses up the war chest I've been building for a couple of weeks, and uses one of my 3 remaining trades, however I need to get rid of Clark and Teddy is obviously a must have. 

Getting dicey though and id welcome Flanno being named after some Robbo mind games!
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:15 pm

Thoughts on getting Lam as cover for Flanno?

341k, got plenty of kick metres last week and is basically a handcuff. I would think Lam's job security is excellent since at the very least he'll be on the bench once Flanno returns and will at least be a warm body, but then act as a handcuff for Flanno.

Obviously if Flanno is a late in, I can safely ignore this trade.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:16 pm

I can’t say it enough the biggest surprise for me is how Norman suddenly works his way back into the team, must have showed some real improvement on the training paddock over the past week. Wendell should go pay mary a visit and demand answers because if that was my kid I’d be furious that his development is being stuffed due to the incompetent fool
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:19 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:With Smith and Munster unlikely to play it seems a very Robbo move to rest a few in this game.

No upside to playing full strength (if we win Bellamy and the media will play it off as expected because of Smith and Munster out), but could put a serious dent in premiership contention (imagine losing to a Storm team without Smith and Munster then trying to convince the boys you are premiership favourites)

My team list guesses

Sailor half, Hunt 9, McInnes 13. Wiliame into the 21
    Roosters get a few troops back but we see Tauk and Teddy/Keary get a rest. Flanagan back in but named at 18
    Tommy Turbo back for Manly
    Big changes for Tigers
    Edwards back for Panthers
    Havili named at 9
    Cowboys name Drinkwater at 1, Asi at 6, Morgan at 7. Granville starts over Robson
    Fermor named on extended bench again for Titans
    Magoulias into the 21 again

Questionable one is the Tigers. Liddle in forces a back line reshuffle, Garner and JRey back in

Not bad for first crack at MS musings
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:24 pm

Thoughts on why Robson didn’t get back on the field but still named to start this week ? Can anyone make sense of that
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:26 pm

Erin Moleman wrote:Thoughts on why Robson didn’t get back on the field but still named to start this week ? Can anyone make sense of that

Granville played decent. Seems like the reason to me.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:31 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Would have thought Robsons running game could cause problems towards the back end. Granville was gassed
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:32 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Also a chance to rest a young player who has played 80 most weeks, in a game that was lost already.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:36 pm

Aitken to the Warriors next year. 3-year deal

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/dragons/st-george-illawarra-dragons-centre-euan-aitken-signs-with-the-new-zealand-warriors/news-story/88120c0e283ae8d585604b694203b058
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:48 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Also a chance to rest a young player who has played 80 most weeks, in a game that was lost already.

Watching Hannay press conference https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2020/08/11/hannay-on-drinkwaters-return-the-bench-rotation--gavin-cooper/

Wasn't plan to keep Granville out there that long and wanted to bring Robson on 15 after HT but Granville was doing too good to take off

Granville doesn't look he'll lose his spot in short term so think he's definite sell
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:50 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Watching Hannay press conference https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2020/08/11/hannay-on-drinkwaters-return-the-bench-rotation--gavin-cooper/

Wasn't plan to keep Granville out there that long and wanted to bring Robson on 15 after HT but Granville was doing too good to take off

Granville doesn't look he'll lose his spot in short term so think he's definite sell

Hannay said in a presser a while back that Cotter was nearly best on ground and he had to be in the team again. Then he was dropped a week later..
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:50 pm

Shady2K wrote:Aitken to the Warriors next year. 3-year deal

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/dragons/st-george-illawarra-dragons-centre-euan-aitken-signs-with-the-new-zealand-warriors/news-story/88120c0e283ae8d585604b694203b058

That's a good signing for us :ThumbsUp:
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:53 pm

Shady2K wrote:Just a PSA that I'm considering trading in Moses this week.

Get him in at your own peril Wink

Haha, don't you dare!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:53 pm

Chewie wrote:If Lomax is out I may run with 16... I don't really want to get Aubbs or Talau just for cover.
    I rather bring in Nikorima and hope he scores another 60

If it makes you feel any better, ill have Wiliame in for Lomax, which is basically playing with 16
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Aardvark wrote:

The thing is you need to turn Young into someone you can play until they can either be upgraded to someone more reliable or you get a bit of good luck/bad luck and have to swap out a keeper for someone cheaper (allowing you to upgrade him)

I have Aubs and while I am happy to play him at CTR for the moment, I know that there will come a time he has to revert to emg cover so whoever comes in for Young for me has to be playable (unless i just rotate him and Sironen for ever Very Happy)

Paseka may be a better bet than the widow as Aubs can have some shockers off the bench

That's why I'm hoping Paseka is good for a month. Having Ponga, Ted, Tolo, DCE, Cleary, Haas and McInnes hopefully outweighs some lower scoring players. It's not ideal but can't see many other options to get Ponga. Thanks for the input.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:59 pm

Shady2K wrote:Aitken to the Warriors next year. 3-year deal

Payten was saying that Warriors were just missing a strike center and a gun prop. Seems that is one ticked off the list.

Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:59 pm

Moanaman wrote:

That's a good signing for us :ThumbsUp:

Definitely a good get. Only 25 and not long ago was in Origin talks. His main issue that I see is his defence (but most centres have that too) and he's a bit of a ball hog. Great runner though
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:00 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Hannay said in a presser a while back that Cotter was nearly best on ground and he had to be in the team again. Then he was dropped a week later..

I thought Cotter got injured?

Anyway done with Robson - can’t risk the ups and downs. Young gone too. Tricky part is who in.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:00 pm

Still liking the look of that Cowboys spine for Asi. When he eventually gets back from his 1 week injury he probably slots in for Hampton

Hannay also said in his interview he didn't want Morgan to have a new halves partner 2 games in a row

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am