NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:18 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Wow that's a big difference

It'll be a lot closer by lockout, now that everyone has seen Fifita's first game back and is jumping onboard
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:19 pm

Chewie wrote:

Yeah with Averilo out, I'll be without cover at CTR if Lomax is a late out affraid
    I'll need to keep an eye on the mail this week

I have traded Brimson in so far so I can put Brimson in at WFB this week and have Herbie in the bench in case Lomax is out and then Brimson can be my 18th man.

Young + Randall > Fifita + Brimson + 120K for Butcher + Lucy > Tedesco + Matterson next week.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:19 pm

Would you guys be holding Flanagan or selling him? I have to trade to get 17 players this week (barring a late Flanno return in which case I would reverse any trade I make this week), and I'm trying to decide between these 3 options

A: Downgrading Niu to a cashout (likely Hampton at base price playing in the halves), 307k or less

B: Sidegrading Flanno to someone 712k or less (likely Moses)

C: Just cop 16 players this week and pray that Flanno gets back either this week or next.

Only have 4 trades left which really sucks.

Last edited by Bethany_B on Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:20 pm

I'm liking Paseka. Thinking of turning Young into him so I can turn Pearce into Ponga. Or can turn Pappy into Ponga.

Or just one trade and go Young to Marty and miss Ponga.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:23 pm

wolfking wrote:I'm liking Paseka.  Thinking of turning Young into him so I can turn Pearce into Ponga.  Or can turn Pappy into Ponga.

Or just one trade and go Young to Marty and miss Ponga.

How many trades left? (Know you've probs answered this already)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:25 pm

fair play to Hooper, i'm not too big to admit I was wrong last week, seems there was basis for his reporting, so uhh... Whats the rules around contract tampering in the NRL? I can't be the only one that thinks it's super suspicious that Pangai and Politis are in contact and then not even a week later he intentionally gets himself fired?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:26 pm

Aardvark wrote:

How many trades left? (Know you've probs answered this already)

7. Will have 5 if I go through with the double trade. My team will be a bit unorthodox. but fuck it. Ponga owned by every player in teh top 100 and probably every player above me is no good.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:27 pm

Cover not being an issue. It's a tough call between Jazz and Moses.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:27 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I have traded Brimson in so far so I can put Brimson in at WFB this week and have Herbie in the bench in case Lomax is out and then Brimson can be my 18th man.

Young + Randall > Fifita + Brimson + 120K for Butcher + Lucy > Tedesco + Matterson next week.

At least the Dragons play Friday night which helps if I need to do a last minute trade to cover for Lomax
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:28 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Wow, Fifita all but guaranteed to get 80 minutes each week now

Until he Covid breaches himself
    Talfal
    Talfal

Post by Talfal Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:28 pm

Where's all this Lomax chatter coming from? Is he a chance not to play? (This scares me lol)
    Im sitting pretty with only one "Not green dot" (Randall) this week, But have no CTR cover whatsoever.. With only 6 trades left, Im not sure if i should bring in someone as cover or not. (Leaning more towards not trading though)

(How many trades should i be trying to keep for Finals?[H2H, but should also keep me scoring "Okay" in the last few rounds for Overall] I was thinking 5-6? At this rate its looking more like 3-4 for me if i upgrade Luai/Butcher/Randall

EDIT: No subtle brags about having trades or green dots either, i promise haha. Just needed some help/advice tongue

Last edited by Talfal on Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:29 pm

Starting 17 stays the same for the 3rd week in a row and treading water now making little inroads on the table.
    So just going to sit back and enjoy the rest of the year of footy, little more I can do now.

Not owning Lomax and the guns I own have being fairly quiet (over cheap fill ins who have been scoring well) is probably the main difference for little gains these past weeks
    Hopefully it evens out over the next few weeks but a big game from Cook would be nice

Anyways good luck to everyone else this week, hope as a forum we can start to fill out the top overall ranks

Team

Cook
    Haas Taupau
    Mcinnes Taumalolo Murray
    Cleary Hunt
    Talau Crichton
    Tedesco Ponga Papenhuyzen

Carrigan
    Tevaga
    Johnson
    Fogarty*

L Thompson*
    Averillo
    Niu*
    Tabuai Fidow

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    cretinoussam

Post by cretinoussam Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:30 pm

Oh boy trading out koro instead of Angus is going to haunt me.

Is he a hold with 4 trades left? Any news on a return date noticed nrl.com says there is "a question mark" whatever that means.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:30 pm

wolfking wrote:

7.  Will have 5 if I go through with the double trade.  My team will be a bit unorthodox. but fuck it.  Ponga owned by every player in teh top 100 and probably every player above me is no good.

I reckon at this stage you probably have one more trade left to take a sideways punt to fund an upgrade before the run home. As long as you're not compromising dept/cover too much it could be worth it

You can guarantee least one gun will go down in the next 3-4 weeks and you will have trades left to cover it and maybe upgrade Paseka
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:31 pm

cretinoussam wrote:Oh boy trading out koro instead of Angus is going to haunt me.

Is he a hold with 4 trades left? Any news on a return date noticed nrl.com says there is "a question mark" whatever that means.

Teddy on NRL Tonight last night said "Angus and Tupou are a few weeks away"
    Take it as you will. I've done Angus>McInnes
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:35 pm

The Black Widow just looked at me also.........$445, still reasonable. No sign of Angus or Cordner.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:36 pm

cretinoussam wrote:Oh boy trading out koro instead of Angus is going to haunt me.

I did the same trade, truly changed my season as I kept trying to hold him and draft a replacement- Twal and Randall two weeks ago and Munster last week.

All I needed was for my trade not to get injured last round and I would at least have 17 green dots. I chose Munster cheer

If I just kept Koro I’d have three extra trades and hundreds of points from not continually playing 16 men Razz
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:38 pm

Is Siro to Nikorima sideways, or pull the trigger?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:38 pm

Aardvark wrote:

I reckon at this stage you probably have one more trade left to take a sideways punt to fund an upgrade before the run home. As long as you're not compromising dept/cover too much it could be worth it

You can guarantee least one gun will go down in the next 3-4 weeks and you will have trades left to cover it and maybe upgrade Paseka

I'm screwed paying top dollar for Clearly last week anyway. Would mean Paseka and Siro in the 17. Would give me;

McInnes
    Haas Mofo
    Carrigan Tolo Lucy
    Cleary DCE
    Lomax Herbie
    Pappy Teddy Ponga

Hunt Nofo Paseka Siro

Talau Hammer Randall Hatherington

I don't mind it with 5 trades left. As I said, could go Aubbs instead of Paseka.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:39 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Is Siro to Nikorima sideways, or pull the trigger?

You don't have someone else that you can trade to Niko?

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:50 am