NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 68 - Buy high, sell injured

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 68 - Buy high, sell injured - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 68 - Buy high, sell injured

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I am looking at selling off Luai in a week or two, and worst case scenario I run Luai's replacement at 16, then Starling or Randall at 17 (since I doubt both will regress like that). The only reason I would keep Niu and give up one of the cheap hookers is to hold that trade for use elsewhere, but Niu is a pretty shitty loop (since Broncos get early games)

Don't get me wrong I understand both the trade ins, but think you need to temper expectations on scoring potential. If I was trading either of them in I would be expecting 30s with anything else a bonus
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 68 - Buy high, sell injured - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 68 - Buy high, sell injured

Post by Joey Superior Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:01 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I'm expecting 40-45 average from each, and to hold them to the end as long as they're fit and playing.

Both have good JS (since Macca, Watson and Hodgson are all gone for the season), and seem like they can at the very least average 40. Starling seems to be good for 40 in base with a TB or two on top of it, while Randall seems to have a good workrate based on him making 72 tackles in his one game, so you'd think if he plays 50 mins he'd average at least 40

Considering both are priced below 30, I think it's worth it.

Much prefer Siro if you don't have him?

Did you have plans to bring Angus back or target any of the more established guns such as Cook, Smith, Twal, Bateman?

Looking at your team (and trades) I'm trying to see who you'd use to upgrade? Mann or Flanno but that still doesn't give you a solid 16/17th
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:02 pm

FUN FACT:

Broncos last 9 games involves 2 Thursday Games, 5 Friday Games and 2 Saturday Games.

MEANWHILE someone like the Storm have 2 Thursday, 1 Friday, 2 Saturday and 4 Sunday.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:02 pm

wolfking wrote:Should I trade;

CM13
    Haas Mofo
    Tolo Lucy Carrigan
    DCE Hunt
    Lomax Talau
    Teddy Pappy Nofo

Grant Pearce Young Luai

Hammer Hetherington Herbie Niu

10 trades and 115K.  Still thinking Young and Luai to Siro and Ponga.  Run a WFB in my 14-17 for something different and more boom or bust.

Young + Niu -> Tevaga/Munster + Tracey is also doable, but Siro + Ponga probably a better bet.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:02 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Yeah but Vic went up exponentially after that. First wave back in March (mostly NSW) went up exponentially. NSW is not doing that - actually has the "flattened curve" everyone was aspiring to after the first lockdown. Not elimination like NZ implemented, or some of the smaller Aus states achieved, but definitely suppression.

It's funny because I was one of the alarmists first time - I think one person suggested I was "deathriding the NRL" - yet now I'm pretty comfortable with the situation as it currently stands.

I expect we'll have some of the restrictions re-imposed (some have been already), but I don't see a Vic-style lockdown happening just yet.

For weeks NSW basically had 0 cases outside of returned cases in quarantine

Now they are all coming from pubs, clubs and restaurants, many of which are doing little to no social distancing.

There's people catching COVID, then going out to eat in multiple restaurants before getting detected. There are multiple clusters developing and we are very close to having it explode out of control. Hopefully they manage to keep it contained, but returning top lockdown is a real possibility

In NRL terms, if players/officials can stay in their bubble then they have a degree of safety. But even if players themselves are safe - their kids are going to school, parents are going to eat in restaurants. Its not a foolproof situation.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Might go Paix > Blore actually. Looks like a decent cash out

Can any Tigers fans add some thoughts on him?

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:05 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

16. Randall, 17. Starling, 18. Luai sounds like asking for trouble to me

How so?
    Bethany_B wrote:
    It seems like a pretty solid setup for me

It depends on how your team, trades and cash generation are happening.

Look at Booze's team from earlier - he won't be playing Randall or Starling in his 17.

in 2 weeks time I'll probably have something like
    16. Tevaga 17 Moses 18 Randall

But if your team doesn't have the funds to do that then you have to compromise somewhere. If you have a solid starting 15, playing Randall and Starling probably isn't the worst setup that will exist.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:06 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Young + Niu -> Tevaga/Munster + Tracey is also doable, but Siro + Ponga probably a better bet.

Thanks mate. I looked at Tracey, solid for a 212K cashout. Tempted to grab Aubbo instead of Siro for the centre cover but Siro probably a better trade in.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:13 pm

A lot of my thinking banks on Herbie getting DPP or not. Really need to know. They normally say around this time who i going to get it I thought. Maybe in the LS Q&A tomorrow it will give us some info.
    whall15
    whall15

Post by whall15 Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:15 pm

I currently have 8 trades left. I am planning on trading on JTB and Niu to Randall and Starling which will give me 642k to upgrade Butcher and Young.

This is my team atm:

Grant
    Haas MoFo
    Lolo Carrigan Aloiai
    Cleary Pearce
    Mitchell Lomax
    Ponga Papy Teddy

Young Butcher Sironen Aubo
    JTB HTF Niu Musgrove

Thoughts on my plans everyone?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:16 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Luai or Young > Teddy.

Other trade is Fermor > Starling... Rate him over 1 game wonder Randall. Plus Raiders have a dream finish and I wouldn't be surprised to see him used closer to 80 minutes each week with CHN and Bateman returning.

TEAM with 8 trades and 179K

CS9
    Haas Carrigan
    Lolo Matto Lucy
    DCE Cleary
    Lomax Crichton
    Ponga Papy Teddy

Grant Butcher Siro Starling
    Young Hamiso Herbie Niu

Need a 2RF gun in the next couple weeks and a FRF gun + HLF cover..

Anyone wanna shed some light on how that happens?

Lucy to Twal/Difi should be pretty close in a couple of weeks. Young/Butcher to Mofo should be doable with the remaining bank.

Brimson potentially a sneaky option as HLF cover? Otherwise maybe Young/Butcher + HTF to Munster + cashout?
    Juggernauts
    Juggernauts

Post by Juggernauts Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:17 pm

So I currently have 5 trades left with 16 keepers and

17 Luai
    18 Talau (Currently covering for D Edwards)
    19 KOD
    20 Niu
    21 Wiliame

Is it worth trading Niu to Randall to play over/loop with Luai in my 17?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:27 pm

whall15 wrote:I currently have 8 trades left. I am planning on trading on JTB and Niu to Randall and Starling which will give me 642k to upgrade Butcher and Young.

This is my team atm:

Grant
    Haas MoFo
    Lolo Carrigan Aloiai
    Cleary Pearce
    Mitchell Lomax
    Ponga Papy Teddy

Young Butcher Sironen Aubo
    JTB HTF Niu Musgrove

Thoughts on my plans everyone?

I don't mind it, but you are not making any money trading Niu, so unless you have trades to get rid of him again, there's not much point.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:28 pm

Juggernauts wrote:So I currently have 5 trades left with 16 keepers and

17 Luai
    18 Talau (Currently covering for D Edwards)
    19 KOD
    20 Niu
    21 Wiliame

Is it worth trading Niu to Randall to play over/loop with Luai in my 17?

You have 3 dead spots. Having a backup starter would be handy but reluctant with only 5 trades.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Jeez, the Raiders have an amazing run home. Makes me want to look heavily at Bateman.

Even Wighton is a great shout if you need an underpriced half.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:38 pm

wolfking wrote:Jeez, the Raiders have an amazing run home.  Makes me want to look heavily at Bateman.

Even Wighton is a great shout if you need an underpriced half.

This is what I was saying before! I have them finished between 4th/5th with their run home. Hence why I am grabbing Starling over Randall and wanting to target Bateman/Papa/Wighton
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:44 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Yeah but Vic went up exponentially after that. First wave back in March (mostly NSW) went up exponentially. NSW is not doing that - actually has the "flattened curve" everyone was aspiring to after the first lockdown. Not elimination like NZ implemented, or some of the smaller Aus states achieved, but definitely suppression.

It's funny because I was one of the alarmists first time - I think one person suggested I was "deathriding the NRL" - yet now I'm pretty comfortable with the situation as it currently stands.

I expect we'll have some of the restrictions re-imposed (some have been already), but I don't see a Vic-style lockdown happening just yet.

I hope you're right.

VIC bounced around that -+20 new cases for a few weeks then suddenly had a jump to two days in a row of 30+ and that's when the numbers went upwards constantly.
    NSW hasn't hit that point yet but they have hit 19+ new cases three times in just over a week now whereas they hadn't been that high before.

Things can escalate very quickly. I hope its flattened out and I hope they've nailed it but I feel its far too fine a line to say they've got it right just yet.

It's still a fucking scary time in our lives either way.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:44 pm

I am playing Starling and Randall in 16 and 17 this week.

They are both cheap and Randall in particular is a chance of ending up in my final 17 if he reaches his potential.

Knights have shown they like 80 minute hookers so if he shows he is capable I dont see any reason why he cant end up like that in a few weeks.

Its not who I want in 16 and 17 but given the position most of us are in, I dont think its the end of the world when I am happy with the other 15.

Also have Talau & Hammer who i can throw on the loop each week to replace on of those guys.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:48 pm

filthridden wrote:

I hope you're right.

VIC bounced around that -+20 new cases for a few weeks then suddenly had a jump to two days in a row of 30+ and that's when the numbers went upwards constantly.
    NSW hasn't hit that point yet but they have hit 19+ new cases three times in just over a week now whereas they hadn't been that high before.

Things can escalate very quickly. I hope its flattened out and I hope they've nailed it but I feel its far too fine a line to say they've got it right just yet.

It's still a fucking scary time in our lives either way.

Yeah it could all go pear shaped quickly but it doesn't feel inevitable like the 1st time. I'm an optimist!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:52 pm

B/L wrote:I am playing Starling and Randall in 16 and 17 this week.

They are both cheap and Randall in particular is a chance of ending up in my final 17 if he reaches his potential.

Knights have shown they like 80 minute hookers so if he shows he is capable I dont see any reason why he cant end up like that in a few weeks.

Its not who I want in 16 and 17 but given the position most of us are in, I dont think its the end of the world when I am happy with the other 15.

Also have Talau & Hammer who i can throw on the loop each week to replace on of those guys.

Are they going to be playing for you long term?

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:20 pm