NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:18 am

jstands wrote:This is what I've managed to conjure up.

Seggy, Lichaa
    S. Burgess, Ah'Mau, RCG, JTurbo
    Gallen, Rochow, Tapine, Turner, Henry
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, Martin
    A'auva, Copley, Gutheron, nuffie
    Inglis, Fergie, Gordon, nuffie, nuffie

8k left

nice forward pack and a few good PODs thrown in there- first time I've seen RCG pop up I think.

Only issues would be with your centres and your 2nd row depth. You are really relying on your centres to fire and with 3 bottom priced players, it will cost a fair amount of cash to rectify it should they not perform as well as some expect early on. As for your 2nd row I think you are a bit light with your 3rd second rower being Tapine. A big gamble on him and given you have gone light with your halves I would look at getting a more reliable starter for your 2nd row
    Spectre
    Spectre

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Spectre Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:21 am

I've always gone light in the centres of my previous years playing. Seems to work for me. This year it's extra light but that's only because we are lucky to have these starting players at such a low price.

Any centre can score massive or naught on any given day. Doesn't matter if they are priced at $130k or $400k. That's my thinking anyway.

I do agree that I'm light in my second row though, I might switch Gallen for someone like cooper and spread the cash.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:24 am

jstands wrote:This is what I've managed to conjure up.

Seggy, Lichaa
    S. Burgess, Ah'Mau, RCG, JTurbo
    Gallen, Rochow, Tapine, Turner, Henry
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, Martin
    A'auva, Copley, Gutheron, nuffie
    Inglis, Fergie, Gordon, nuffie, nuffie

8k left

I mean, it is good.. Good enough to beat my team though.. Probably not.

HOK: I like Peats more as an option (Better byes.) Although I see your reasoning in that Lichaa is slightly cheaper. (After looking at it, Lichaa doesn't score much less points than Peats. In fact Lichaa scored 70+ twice last year while Peats didn't manage it once. Peats did score 60+ points 8 times, to Lichaa's 5 times however.

FRF: Burgess will be great, I am really loving the look of Ah'Mau currently have him in my side. RCG averaged 40 minutes a game and I don't see that improving at all so I think he isn't a great pick but Trbojevic is great.

2RF: Solid. However with S. Burgess back I don't see Turner averaging 50+ minute games like he did at the end of last year and he is an injury risk. Probably worth more looking for a cheapie.

HLF: No Nikorima? Naa, but again popular combo will do great.

CTR: 4 Cheapies.. They should work out and you should be fine.

WFB: I don't like the Inglis pick. Has a tendency to go in and out of games. Shown by a score of 90 one week, and then 20 the next. On average he will have more good then bad, but he also has Origin. Guys like Mansour/Slater/Mann/Holmes are all $100k or more cheaper. Though they have their own risks.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:27 am

Random wrote:So what is everyone's thoughts on M. Cooper this year?

Hypothetical question if there were no Rookie priced players named in a position e.g. FRF, would you try and push to have more mid-range guys there or would you run the dead positions essentially? Would you change your decision if it was WFB/CTR?

Most teams listed so far have gone with a mid rangers approach to WFB with combos of Mansour, Fergo, Gordon, Copley etc...

In the forwards I think there are usually a lot more areas for players not in the usual group of scorers to produce points, usually by way of workload, so I think I would still go for the mid range guys like Jturbo, Tapine, Turner as there appears to be some underpriced talent in the forwards whereas with the backs I don't think there is too much underpriced, more or less just being a non-willingness to splash the cash on the top guns as it is usually a more volatile position back there.

Theoretically it shouldn't really matter if you go with Surgess or RTS as they should score around the same but you will likely find more teams going Surgess as it is usually safer to spend big cash on the forwards and go for the more mid range priced but still big names who have the potential to increase in points should their attack fire.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:27 am

Little John will be a lock in my centre reserves if he's Manlys 6
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:28 am

Random wrote:

I mean, it is good.. Good enough to beat my team though.. Probably not.

HOK: I like Peats more as an option (Better byes.) Although I see your reasoning in that Lichaa is slightly cheaper. (After looking at it, Lichaa doesn't score much less points than Peats. In fact Lichaa scored 70+ twice last year while Peats didn't manage it once. Peats did score 60+ points 8 times, to Lichaa's 5 times however.

FRF: Burgess will be great, I am really loving the look of Ah'Mau currently have him in my side. RCG averaged 40 minutes a game and I don't see that improving at all so I think he isn't a great pick but Trbojevic is great.

2RF:  Solid. However with S. Burgess back I don't see Turner averaging 50+ minute games like he did at the end of last year and he is an injury risk. Probably worth more looking for a cheapie.

HLF: No Nikorima? Naa, but again popular combo will do great.

CTR: 4 Cheapies.. They should work out and you should be fine.

WFB: I don't like the Inglis pick. Has a tendency to go in and out of games. Shown by a score of 90 one week, and then 20 the next. On average he will have more good then bad, but he also has Origin. Guys like Mansour/Slater/Mann/Holmes are all $100k or more cheaper. Though they have their own risks.

Gotta admit though, it's not bad for something I threw together in literally 5 mins lol.

Lichaa is guaranteed 80 mins, has a high work rate and I believe in him to improve his attacking game this season. But to be honest, Luke is the one I'm very interested in.

Hopefully when the teams come out for rd1 we'll have a better idea as to which mid Rangers/cheapie a to go for.

Oh and as for Inglis, I reckon he will return to his gun status this year. But even if I wanted to I could go someone like mansour or Mann and save $100k+ to spend elsewhere. I'll look in to that.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:30 am

jstands wrote:I've always gone light in the centres of my previous years playing. Seems to work for me. This year it's extra light but that's only because we are lucky to have these starting players at such a low price.

Any centre can score massive or naught on any given day. Doesn't matter if they are priced at $130k or $400k. That's my thinking anyway.

I do agree that I'm light in my second row though, I might switch Gallen for someone like cooper and spread the cash.

got no personal issue with going light on the centres and for many it worked last year with Soliola and Bird but like I said you may get a problem if they start off 10 points under what people expect. Would rather go with hurrell/lafai rather than the nuffie as it makes it easier for you to trade up should you need it rather than finding 100k just to get to hurrell/lafai and even then no guarantee they are firing as a scorer

Last edited by Beast From The Big East on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:30 am

Honeysett wrote:Little John will be a lock in my centre reserves if he's Manlys 6

What if he continues to play for the Tigers? tongue
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:31 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

got no personal issue with going light on the centres and for many it worked last year with Soliola and Bird but like I said you may get a problem if they start off 10 points under what people expect. Would rather go with hurrell/lafai rather than the nuffie as it makes it easier for you to trade up should you need it rather than finding 100k just to get to hurrell/lafai and even then no guarantee they are firing as a scorer

Imo, both Hurrell and Lafai are at greater risk of underachieving, and losing money early.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:31 am

(Ex-Sportal) NRL Fantasy Fanatics league - JAXSM7VW
    Big Kevs League - ZXANRMR2
    Shanbon’s League - 3AL3KJY9
    Welshys League - JZR65Z3Y (1 Spot Left)
    Surmo League - UVMACM7R
    Multiple.Scoregasm League - UAN9WXAF (2 Spots Left)
    Fraser - N6JAFKX2
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:33 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

What if he continues to play for the Tigers? tongue

Nah fuck him if he stays at the Tigers
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:38 am

Swapped RCG, Gallen and Inglis for McGuire, Cooper and Mansour. Pretty decent looking team if the cheapies perform

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:42 am

If Brenton Lawrence gets a chance anywhere I think i'll definitely put him in!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:42 am

Holy shit is that the time?? Fuck me I've already wasted so much of my life on this team and its only the first night......
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:44 am

My team currently:

Segeyaro, Lichaa
    JGraham, JTrbo, Tamou, (Pauli)
    Surgess, Taumalolo, Cartwright, Rochow, (Chee-Kam, Bhana)
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, (JNiko)
    Hurrell, Copley, (Auva'a, BHenry)
    Gordon, Ferguson, Slater, (Gutherson, Anderson)

+32k. Opinions welcome

Also done a PODtastic team for my son. Looks a bit weird but loaded up on WFBs and 2RFs and are some names in there that nobody seems to be going for.

Segeyaro, (Parcell)
    JTrbo, Tamou, (NPR, NPR)
    Surgess, Merrin, Taumalolo, Cartwright, SST, (Chee-Kam)
    JRey, Hastings, Taylor, (JNiko)
    Hurrell, Copley, (Auva'a, BHenry)
    RTS, GI, Moylan, (Gutherson, Latrell)

+13k

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:45 am

Mid rangers I'm contemplating

Hoppa, under Hasler again I think will be solid.
    Holmes
    Alvaro
    RCG

Thoughts on them?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:47 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

-Best hooker pairing available.
    -Woods and JTurbo are good picks. Personally don't see the hype with Ah Mau, I think De Belin/Cooper would be the likely beneficiaries of an increase in points but I know you rate him.
    -Your personal bias towards Merrin aside I think you are running a bit light here. Merrin is still questionable as a gun given the lack of security around his minutes and positioning. Rochow is a nice pick as are Carter and Henry. Tapine/Grevs/Turner all have value in them but I would prefer a bit more security and higher potential with my points from a 2nd rower in my starting side.
    -Very solid halves grouping and one of the more popular ones you will see from people not going down the Nikorima route.
    -Lafai is nice but you need to be wary of Hurrell. He will either see you get a leg up on the pack should he perform but picking him means you will probably wait a few weeks hoping he kicks on and you could see points be dropped while the other centre options rise in price.
    -Good WFB with Mansour becoming a bit of a POD around here at the moment.

Cheers beast,money is there to turn Merrin into Surgess, but my thinking was that he was underused my Mary last year and was in the running for the Panthers captaincy so i can see big minutes or an increased role for him at the panthers

Have put a few stats up about Ah Mau and i cannot look past him, with Merrin and without his end of season form pointed to a guy who really upped his game and it showed on the field and translated into fantasy world

Will likely decide on either or for Hurell and Lafai and upgrade Jturbo, who iam on he fence about with Myles there and Lawrence returning, Luke Douglas could be the go to guy if i gp down that route
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:52 am

Honeysett wrote:Mid rangers I'm contemplating

Hoppa, under Hasler again I think will be solid.
    Holmes
    Alvaro
    RCG

Thoughts on them?

I'm not convinced on our Hoppa signing, don't think he will be good in fantasy either.
    If Holmes plays FB full time I think he is a must have.
    A lot of parra supporters talking up Alvaro, and he is a good player, but faces stiff competition for a spot.
    RCG is a player that I am too looking at, as panthers are light on props and he has a full NRL season plus pre-season under his belt now. I can see him improving.
    Rabs_himself

Post by Rabs_himself Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:57 am

Hey lads,
    New to the forum.
    If you could give me some feedback on my first nights efforts that'd be great.

Seggy, Granville
    McGuire, Woods, Jturbo, Pauli
    Sburgess, Cooper, Rochow, Tapine, Henry, MCK
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, Nikorima,
    Lafia, Copley, Auva'a, Noname Cheapie,
    Fergo, Mann, Mansour, L Mitchell, Gutherson

Obviously I've blown almost all of my cap on this team so adjustments will need to be made. Every year I never leave myself enough money and have to put in a lot of work on the trade market to bring my team back to something respectable.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:07 am

Rabs_himself wrote:Hey lads,
    New to the forum.
    If you could give me some feedback on my first nights efforts that'd be great.

Seggy, Granville
    McGuire, Woods, Jturbo, Pauli
    Sburgess, Cooper, Rochow, Tapine, Henry, MCK
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, Nikorima,
    Lafia, Copley, Auva'a, Noname Cheapie,
    Fergo, Mann, Mansour, L Mitchell, Gutherson

Obviously I've blown almost all of my cap on this team so adjustments will need to be made. Every year I never leave myself enough money and have to put in a lot of work on the trade market to bring my team back to something respectable.

Welcome to the forum mate, hope you enjoy your stay.

I won't give you advice, I'm horrible at fantasy. Actually that's my advice: ignore me.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:20 am