NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by standard-issue Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:48 am

Honeysett wrote:
    SI wrote:

I reckon the majority of the ones that have joined up over the last few weeks have gone over to Sportal first and seen your's and Milchy's not-so-subliminal advertising Very Happy .

So my edits don't get a mention, I see how it is. Wanker.

Honeysett also edited some existing thread titles on Sportal to ensure that the NRL Fantasy Fanatics name was out there. Honeysett did good Very Happy
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Honeysett Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:50 am

SI wrote:

Honeysett also edited some existing thread titles on Sportal to ensure that the NRL Fantasy Fanatics name was out there.  Honeysett did good Very Happy

Thank you, thank you. I'm not immune to such compliments
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:52 am

Honeysett wrote:
    SI wrote:

Honeysett also edited some existing thread titles on Sportal to ensure that the NRL Fantasy Fanatics name was out there.  Honeysett did good Very Happy

Thank you, thank you. I'm not immune to such compliments

Fairly sure you're not immune to Measles either...
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:13 am

Love some feedback on my first go at making a squad for this year.

Made some uncommon selections so keen to hear some reasons why I should reconsider

One small change I have considered is replacing J Reynolds with C Norman. I just get a sense that with Foran coming to replace some of the other options last year Norman will get more points through kicks but I could be wrong.

HOK:  Segeyaro & J. Nikorama

FRF:  S. Burgess, J. Bromwich, J. Trbojevic & Packer

2RF:  Mannering, Fensom, Ah Mau, Rochow, Chee Kam & B. Henry

HLF: J. Reynolds, Hastings, Taylor & Martin

CTR: Brown, Walker, Au,vaa, & Littlejohn

WFB: Gordon, Mamo, Gutherson, Blair, Mitchell

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Feline on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:46 am; edited 2 times in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:27 am

Cheers Beast,  My initial reserves were Granville, Pauli, Taylor and Henry.  But as you said, hardly solid nor reliable options.   I will look into the changes.   I have Johnson for the same reason I have RTS.  I think they will work well together, and RTS will get some meat pies, and Johnson will get plenty of assists this year.  Something to look at in pre-season & nines.

Pauli and Henry are poor scoring options.

Not guaranteed good playing time at all. I'm not even sure if Henry will make the 17 for the Warriors. Might be OK as an NPR trying to get a bit of cash but certainly don't want to rely on him for points.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:36 am

SO who are the best players not yet in the game?

Here is a small list for everyone's consideration

Tavita Pangai Junior (Raiders lock/prop)
    In U20s last year averaged 160m, 4 offloads and 22 tackles. And scored 10 tries in 17 games.
    Not going to be replicating those with the big boys of the NRL.
    Possibly not an option now he's signed with the Broncos

Liam Knight (Manly prop)
    Another guy who killed it in U20s. Averaged over 30 tackles and almost 200m a game.
    Could easily get a look in at some point this year - will it be early enough and with enough minutes to make him useful
    Was looking better when Starling and Lawrence were being shopped around, but with those 2 both still at Manly I think he'll need to bide his time

Josh Addo-Carr (Tigers winger)
    Reportedly in contention for a wing spot, although now seems to be down the pecking order.
    Scored 11 tries for Cronulla NYC last year, and is super-quick

Brad Abbey (Bulldogs fullback)
    Kerrod Holland (Bulldogs Outside back)

Abbey is a fullback signed from Warriors U20s
    Holland was in the NSW Cup team of the year last year palying for newcastle.
    Probably not going to be in the first chocie team, but one/both might get a shot over origin/when injury strikes

Jaelen Feeney (Knights Halfback/fullback)
    Played mostly in the halves in his career so far but has been training at fullback.
    Knights are pretty skinny for depth in the backs so potentially not far off getting a run.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:44 am

Feline wrote:Love some feedback on my first go at making a squad for this year.

Made some uncommon selections so keen to hear some reasons why I should reconsider

One small change I have considered is replacing J Reynolds with C Norman. I just get a sense that with Foran coming to replace some of the other options last year Norman will get more points through kicks but I could be wrong.

HOK:  Segeyaro & J. Nikorama

FRF:  S. Burgess, J. Bromwich, J. Trbojevic & Packer

2RF:  Mannering, Fensom, Ah Mau, Rochow, Chee Kam & B. Henry

HLF: J. Reynolds, Hastings, Taylor & Martin

CTR: Brown, Walker, Au,vaa, & Littlejohn

WFB: Gordon, Mamo, Gutherson, Blair, Mitchell

Thanks in advance

First question is who to captain? Seggy/Surgess?

I think there are 4 proven captaincy options - Cam Smith, Paul Gallen, Corey Parker and Andrew Fifita.
    Anyone else and you are taking a slight risk. Sam Burgess and Segeyaro are on the next tier down and nothing wrong with them in your team, but there is a slight risk in captaining them

Do you think Walker will go well at 5/8th?
    In 2014 he played 2 games there to score 36 and 8. Small sample size but not promising.
    I think playing at 6, he'll run the ball less - so less run metres, less tackle breaks and less tries. Don't think he'll make up for it elsewhere.

Random will tell you Brown is not worth the risk, but I think if you are willing to spend the cash, go for it. He should be a reliable centre option assuming he starts in the 2nd row.

WFB look a little skinny, and I am not sure your forwards are strong enough to justify skimping a little there.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:21 am

Milchcow wrote:

First question is who to captain? Seggy/Surgess?

I think there are 4 proven captaincy options - Cam Smith, Paul Gallen, Corey Parker and Andrew Fifita.
    Anyone else and you are taking a slight risk. Sam Burgess and Segeyaro are on the next tier down and nothing wrong with them in your team, but there is a slight risk in captaining them

Do you think Walker will go well at 5/8th?
    In 2014 he played 2 games there to score 36 and 8. Small sample size but not promising.
    I think playing at 6, he'll run the ball less - so less run metres, less tackle breaks and less tries. Don't think he'll make up for it elsewhere.

Random will tell you Brown is not worth the risk, but I think if you are willing to spend the cash, go for it. He should be a reliable centre option assuming he starts in the 2nd row.

WFB look a little skinny, and I am not sure your forwards are strong enough to justify skimping a little there.

Last year Mannering was pretty much the definition of a safe, 60 points-per-week captaincy option. What's the reasoning for not considering him this year?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:30 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Last year Mannering was pretty much the definition of a safe, 60 points-per-week captaincy option. What's the reasoning for not considering him this year?

Agree on Mannering, safe as houses
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:48 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

You're right, he should make it to the list.

Some people might consider adding halves to the list but personally not a fan
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:52 am

Think Mannering spends more time on the edge this year and fails to replicate last years efforts
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:10 am

Just curious on peeps thoughts of running Api Koroisau as a second Hooker, I cant find a points / minute on him from last year but being available in the halves also is what caught my eye. If he can hold down the number one role at Manly I think he could make some coin.
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:20 am

[/quote]

Last year Mannering was pretty much the definition of a safe, 60 points-per-week captaincy option. What's the reasoning for not considering him this year?[/quote]

Mannering is fine for a 60 but that's all,
    Captains should have a high ceiling, every so often bust out an 80-100 game, while still being relied on for the 55-65 min score.
    I just don't see mannering getting the high scores.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:30 am

GoingNuts wrote:Did anyone notice in Panda's league last year the losers semi final, I scored (784) more then Kali Kookaburras (744) and it sent him through to the final.  

Some choice head must have been offered that round.  bounce

Flip Off

No I didnt see that. Before you suggest anything I like everyone else who creates a league has no control over finals etc
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:38 am

Last year Mannering was pretty much the definition of a safe, 60 points-per-week captaincy option. What's the reasoning for not considering him this year?[/quote]

Captains should have a high ceiling, every so often bust out an 80-100 game, while still being relied on for the 55-65 min score.
    I just don't see mannering getting the high scores.[/quote]

He won't bust a tackle but he was starting to offload a bit and with a full back like Rts that might lead to line breaks.

Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:41 am

SI wrote:

Idea  of course.  Seems to be getting some love.  Very honest player.

Took me long enough to get that one done. I think the appeal comes from less Merrin this year.

Not enough info at the moment to change anything, maybe after the 9s

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:46 am

Hey @Krump - you made it into my league right? Cant see you in there?
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:58 am

Milchcow wrote:
    SO who are the best players not yet in the game?

Tom Opacic

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:07 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

Tom Opacic

Beating Heart
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:23 am

I just don't see mannering getting the high scores.[/quote]

He scored 1 try last year, surely that shows that he can go higher than the almost 60 guaranteed points he provided last year

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:30 pm