NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹ - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:46 am

Eels Sunday 2pm, I can't wait till then for Matto confirmation. I'm trading him out.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹ - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:53 am

Macca and Matto out, 96itb and this team. So many options I am unsure what to do.

Is GWilliams worthy of a 13 - 17 spot if Cleary comes in to this team ?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:57 am

Revraiser wrote:Macca and Matto out, 96itb and this team. So many options I am unsure what to do.

If I had Williams I wouldn't be trading him out. Solid scorer and more importantly, he's not injured

I'd be looking at:

- Teddy (although not required given your back 3, luxury upgrade maybe)
    - Hunt (still value)
    - Budget 2rf (Frizell or Tevaga come to mind)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:02 pm

Revraiser wrote:Macca and Matto out, 96itb and this team. So many options I am unsure what to do.

Siro VC wow!

Nofo also. cheer

I think Williams is fine to keep.
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:03 pm

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹ - Page 45 Aubb11
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:04 pm

I think your best bet is to buy two backrowers with Macca and Matto, as you've got depth in other positions but not that one.

I would personally go for McInnes (assuming he gets his dual, which is apparently happening) plus one of the following guys (you have up to 750k for this trade)

* J Turbo - if you want more base but less upside

* Murray - if you want less base but more upside

* JFH - if you want FRF dual

* Tevaga - if you want a cheaper option and pseudo-POD (20% owned in the top 1k but only 2.7% owned overall)

* Frizell - If you want some attacking upside at a cheaper price

That said, if you do hold Matto, then I would recommend selling Macca to Lolo. If you've got less than 7-8 trades left, I'd recommend at least holding Matto for a week, since worst case scenario you don't lose any money and sell him next week, but best case scenario you've now got a POD that's definitely a keeper. Good idea to wait and see if there's any more info on Matto's situation though.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:12 pm

wolfking wrote:

Siro VC wow!  

Nofo also. cheer

I think Williams is fine to keep.

Haha can't claim to be that ballsy, its leftover from having Matto their i think  

Yeah I'm OK with that wfb if the rest if the team is benefiting from no Ted. Not wanting to trade GWilliams at all, more wondering if Cleary ever came in, is GWilliams average enough for a bench spot. But given the injury and trade climate I guess that answers itself.
    8 trades remaining

Last edited by Revraiser on Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Haha can't claim to be that ballsy, its leftover from having Matto their i think  

Yeah I'm OK with that wfb if the rest if the team is benefiting from no Ted. Not wanting to trade GWilliams at all, more wondering if Cleary ever came in is his average enough for a bench spot. But given the injury and trade climate I guess that answers itself.
    8 trades remaining

I figured that after posting haha. Yeah, Williams is definitely a luxury trade, I'll keep at least for a couple more weeks. If things work out with 4-5 weeks to go he could be an option to trade. I'll sit tight on him at the moment however.

I'm a little nervous about Nofo for the rest of the year but again a luxury trade.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Not sure on Rudolf, he's getting named at lock on TLT but not actually starting there on gameday. Also Staines no chance, played his debut on wing and is WFB

Good point on Rudolf. You can tell I didn't actually watch Staines game, thought he played CTR haha
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:20 pm

Loomer wrote:

Yes but no one wants him for HOK DPP
    I do as Grant is my only hooker currently.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:21 pm

Shady2K wrote:

If I had Williams I wouldn't be trading him out. Solid scorer and more importantly, he's not injured

I'd be looking at:

- Teddy (although not required given your back 3, luxury upgrade maybe)
    - Hunt (still value)
    - Budget 2rf (Frizell or Tevaga come to mind)

Bethany_B wrote:

I think your best bet is to buy two backrowers with Macca and Matto, as you've got depth in other positions but not that one.

I would personally go for McInnes (assuming he gets his dual, which is apparently happening) plus one of the following guys (you have up to 750k for this trade)

* J Turbo - if you want more base but less upside

* Murray - if you want less base but more upside

* JFH - if you want FRF dual

* Tevaga - if you want a cheaper option and pseudo-POD (20% owned in the top 1k but only 2.7% owned overall)

* Frizell - If you want some attacking upside at a cheaper price

That said, if you do hold Matto, then I would recommend selling Macca to Lolo. If you've got less than 7-8 trades left, I'd recommend at least holding Matto for a week, since worst case scenario you don't lose any money and sell him next week, but best case scenario you've now got a POD that's definitely a keeper. Good idea to wait and see if there's any more info on Matto's situation though.

Thanks guys, gr8 advice .. I am going to find it hard to hold Matto and lose his points again after last weeks injury enforced 5. Worried Lolo is not himself at the moment, but could be way off here. Maybe Mcinnes and Murray, although some Murray owners not happy with his scoring aren't they.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:23 pm

Thinking about doing a stupid trade of Mofo to Thompson to get the funds for Luai to Pongdong.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:23 pm

wolfking wrote:

I figured that after posting haha.  Yeah, Williams is definitely a luxury trade, I'll keep at least for a couple more weeks.  If things work out with 4-5 weeks to go he could be an option to trade.  I'll sit tight on him at the moment however.

I'm a little nervous about Nofo for the rest of the year but again a luxury trade.

Always funny how the mind works in fantasy, but when I brought Nofo in it meant no Teddy, and I accepted that. But as soon as I had Macca and maybe Matto to deal with the first thought was 'mmmmmm Teddy'......
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:24 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Thanks guys, gr8 advice .. I am going to find it hard to hold Matto and lose his points again after last weeks injury enforced 5. Worried Lolo is not himself at the moment, but could be way off here. Maybe Mcinnes and Murray, although some Murray owners not happy with his scoring aren't they.

Lolo seems to have come good again under Hannay, he played 72 mins last week compared to the 55-65 he was getting before that.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:29 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Lolo seems to have come good again under Hannay, he played 72 mins last week compared to the 55-65 he was getting before that.

I wouldn't say he's come good just cause he played a few extra minutes. He still isn't he devastating self in attack and his defence also still hasn't been up to normal for what he's use to.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:30 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Always funny how the mind works in fantasy, but when I brought Nofo in it meant no Teddy, and I accepted that. But as soon as I had Macca and maybe Matto to deal with the first thought was 'mmmmmm Teddy'......

Indeed. That's me with Ponga. Just looking for an excuse to get him in.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:32 pm

Revraiser wrote:

I'm very happy with Murray averaging 57 since I bought him with no tries. Not sure what some would be whinging about
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Would you rather Frizell or Tevaga?

Frizell would leave me with only Grant & whichever of Starling/Randall I buy this week as HOK cover.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:36 pm

wolfking wrote:

Indeed.  That's me with Ponga.  Just looking for an excuse to get him in.

I often wish he was still dpp as a half. Ponga.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:38 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

It could be over analysing, but like Wolfie said I am not sure he is all systems go. And I wouldnt be surprised if he is shut down later after as the season comes to a close. Pure guessing i know

Last edited by Revraiser on Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shit or shut, big difference.)

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:40 pm