NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:I’ve watched him up close a few times against the knights juniors and he’s a specimen and a huge talent but bloody hell thats some desperate cash throwing from rugby and a shame to lose him from league to go play a dying code
    Union is only dying in Australia, huge compared with league everywhere else.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:49 pm

Raudonikis's Wet Ciggies wrote:I'm really stuck here

Bsironen or asi or starling

Starling. Best job security and assurance of decent minutes.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:53 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:If I go with bringing in Starling/Hethrington this week, I'm going to be left with this mob in my team;

McIntyre
    Averillo
    Talau
    Starling
    Kerr
    Sironen
    Hetherington

Of that lot, I'll need to play two centres and one of the other guys in my 16. Then I'll have to try a loop with the best two of the rest. I know this is probably too much to bother with, but if anyone's bored, what would you do?

Eg (what I'm thinking).

Starting CTRs;
    Averillo
    McIntyre

16th Man;
    Starling

17th Man Loop;
    Kerr
    Sironen

I know a lot of people seem pretty solid on Siro. I just get this feeling that even though he's starting he'll still play similar minutes to what he's been playing.

Kerr, however, seems to be going quite well lately, and seems to be gaining in confidence. Almost thinking he should be my 16th man.
    That’s a lot to take in mate, I’ll try to help I’m just not thinking fully clearly pretty tired ahahahaha.... actually can you please post me what your side is right now? That will help I think.

I’ll need help with my mess as well please to mate.

I’m just staring at my IPAD screen now trying to figure out what to do myself!

And of course it involves the dreaded centre headache once more Bang Bang
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:07 pm

Who are the Warriors players who have gone home?

What’s Adam Pompey’s JS looking like?

Edit: just remembered Fusitu’a and Maumalo go home soon.

I think I’ll go Niu to Adam Pompey. Pompey has CTR/WFB DPP and can sit in my emergencies once Latrell is back next week.

Pompey would have better JS than Asi as well.

I’m on board the Pompey train cheer cheer cheer

Then to figure out whether I should go Magoulias to Starling or not........

Doing those 2 trades would leave me with 8 trades left and around 70k spare:

Grant
    Haas MoFo
    Lucy Murray Yeo
    Cleary Pearce
    S. Crichton Pompey
    Teddy Latrell Ponga

Carrigan Taupau Young B. Sironen
    Starling Koro Latrell Hammer

Thoughts lads?

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:10 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Good info. And you reckon it would be ongoing too? Even if Aubs did start this week, no guarantee that Tupouniua doesn't start next week?

I don't like uncertainty and it would be unpleasant to spend that extra cash and be sweating on stuff like that.

If you don't like uncertainty, don't buy Aubs
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:11 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    That’s a lot to take in mate, I’ll try to help I’m just not thinking fully clearly pretty tired ahahahaha.... actually can you please post me what your side is right now? That will help I think.

I’ll need help with my mess as well please to mate.

I’m just staring at my IPAD screen now trying to figure out what to do myself!

And of course it involves the dreaded centre headache once more Bang Bang

As it stands after this week's trades;

McInnes
    Haas/Carrigan
    Lolo/Yeo/JTurbo
    Cleary/Hunt
    Averillo/McIntyre
    Teddy/Papy/Lomax

Grant/Pearce/Starling/Koro
    Kerr/Siro/Hethrington/Talau
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:12 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

If you don't like uncertainty, don't buy Aubs

Yeah, went off him as soon as I typed all that stuff. Wink
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:14 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:I’ve watched him up close a few times against the knights juniors and he’s a specimen and a huge talent but bloody hell thats some desperate cash throwing from rugby and a shame to lose him from league to go play a dying code

Unfortunately, Rugby is only dying in Australia. Globally it has its problems (Covid, player safety) but is absolutely galaxies ahead of League in terms of finance, exposure, professionalism, opportunity. It shouldn't be that way, because League is a much better game, but it is and to suggest otherwise is absurdly parochial.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:17 pm

Anyone know what happened with Gerard Beale did he get injured again?

I haven’t cited him for a month.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:20 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Who are the Warriors players who have gone home?

I think I’ll go Niu to Adam Pompey. Pompey has CTR/WFB DPP and can sit in my emergencies once Latrell is back next week.

Grant
    Haas MoFo
    Lucy Murray Yeo
    Cleary Pearce
    S. Crichton Pompey
    Teddy Latrell Ponga

Thoughts lads?

Your Pompey chat interests me. Allegedly he is just in for Herbert this week (failed HIA), but you make a good point. Has he got a secure role with the guys going back home? Just noticed he's $260K which isn't great- really looking for a good $212/228K option. But yeah, for you, looks like a decent option to get you through the week and beyond.

Terrible scores in previous matches with 80min on the wing. I wonder how he goes at centre and if that's where he stays.

I also think Magoulias really needs to go. Starling looks pretty good as an option.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Your Pompey chat interests me. Allegedly he is just in for Herbert this week (failed HIA), but you make a good point. Has he got a secure role with the guys going back home? Just noticed he's $260K which isn't great- really looking for a good $212/228K option. But yeah, for you, looks like a decent option to get you through the week and beyond.

Terrible scores in previous matches with 80min on the wing. I wonder how he goes at centre and if that's where he stays.

I also think Magoulias really needs to go. Starling looks pretty good as an option.
    Mate I’ll take a look at yours now.

I know he’s been very injury prone, but another one that interests me back from injury this week is Dale Copley, thoughts on him as a 20 point stopgap emergency option? I’d use him this week as well with Latrell out.

He also has WFB/Centre DPP

Herbert will be back next week so I’d say Pompey goes to wing where he only averages 17 but could be better than nothing still in the run home when some get a 0 a 15-20 is better than a zero indeed.

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:31 pm

Grant
    Haas MoFo
    Lucy Murray Yeo
    Cleary Pearce
    S. Crichton Pompey
    Teddy Latrell Ponga

Thoughts lads?

Pompey's not bad if you just need a warm body. Mags to Starling is good if you need a decent scorer, as Starling will probably average at least 40 if he keeps playing 50 mins.

I like your team, now I'm trying to decide whether it's worth selling Angus at all, and if so, to Jazz, Cleary or CS9. I've narrowed it down to those three.

Jazz has scored well in the past (we all had him last year), but is a bit of an injury risk and might not average quite as much as Cleary or CS9, but is much cheaper.

CS9 isn't super expensive relative to other guns, but he only covers hooker and I would still need to get a gun half in, but he is quite a POD relatively.

Cleary is the top shelf half and looks like averaging way more than any other half, but he is pricey and I'm hesitant to buy him at that price when I could get Bunt or Munster for much less or just keep running Mann there.

At the moment I'm leaning either hold Angus or get Cleary. Getting Cleary leaves me with 7 trades after also selling Field to Sironen, and the following side

Grant
    Haas, Fotu
    Carrigan, Lolo, Yeo
    Cleary, Flanno
    Lomax, Crichton
    Papy, Ponga, Teddy

Mann, Luai, Siro, Api (loop)

Talau, HTF, Averillo, Niu

Thoughts?
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:32 pm

Grant
    Haas MoFo
    Lucy Murray Yeo
    Cleary Pearce
    S. Crichton Pompey
    Teddy Latrell Ponga

Thoughts lads?

Young > Cheapie
    Midranger > Cook
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:37 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

As it stands after this week's trades;

McInnes
    Haas/Carrigan
    Lolo/Yeo/JTurbo
    Cleary/Hunt
    Averillo/McIntyre
    Teddy/Papy/Lomax

Grant/Pearce/Starling/Koro
    Kerr/Siro/Hethrington/Talau
    Love your hooker, props and back row plus halves.

Centre is an issue as I’m sure you’re well aware of. Your WFB’s are fine.

Looks solid once Koro is back from injury. Who did you bring Hunt in for?

Re Sironen mate I wouldn’t be concerned re his mins mate. I would expect him at worst to get 60mins this week maybe 65mins with Jack  Johns coming on for the last 15 maybe 20 mins.

I’m stoked re Sironen as this is what I had hoped for a few weeks ago when I got him as I was seeing an increase in mins and a better bench role with potential to start if Lowe or Su’a got injured.

Siro is a hard worker so even in 60-65mins at worst he should still score mid 30’s and hopefully a bit more.

If I bring Starling in then with Koro out I have to decide which 2 to play out of Young, Siro and Starling....... it’s a very tough call.....
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:39 pm

DarkKnight wrote:

Young > Cheapie
    Midranger > Cook
    I have only 16 if I don’t get a centre with Niu and Latrell both out.

Who could I trade for Cook?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:40 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Could try HSS if you need a centre? Debuting for the Raiders.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:41 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Could try HSS if you need a centre? Debuting for the Raiders.
    In the 17 though probs only gets 15mins at best.

Re your side I wouldn’t bring in Cleary and pay over 900k, I’d find better value elsewhere.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

How much cash you have before trades.

Young > Asi (Starling prob better long term though)
    Mofo > Cook

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    In the 17 though probs only gets 15mins at best.

Re your side I wouldn’t bring in Cleary and pay over 900k, I’d find better value elsewhere.

Who would you pick? Tevaga? Bunt? CS9?

The reason I'm looking at Cleary is because I need a gun half anyway (was gonna wait on Moses or Munster, but I think instead I might get Cleary now and try to jump at Tevaga or someone like that in a week or 2), and that Cleary is averaging more than Haas and Teddy, is quite highly owned among top teams, and adds another genuine captaincy option each week.

That ton will also make him very hard to reach in 2-3 weeks time, he'll be at 950k if not pushing the million by then, since the Panthers draw is piss weak for the rest of the year basically.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:45 pm

DarkKnight wrote:

How much cash you have before trades.

Young > Asi (Starling prob better long term though)
    Mofo > Cook

9k spare mate

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 pm