NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:23 pm

FalconSloth wrote:the new banner is up cheer

Nice one, mate.

Doesn't seem to be generating much discussion, but I'm seriously looking at Aubusson.

I understand he has quite the reputation here. Never owned him so happy to be enlightened. If Crichton is out for three weeks, is anyone else considering him? What would be the hesitation? Just that three weeks isn't long enough? Crichton could be back earlier? Is he likely to play 80mins in the second row as long as Crichton is out, or is there unrest about Butcher? Anyone else to worry about? Any reason he doesn't suit up for that 80min role every week Crichton is not there? And if so, is anyone else considering it, at his price?

Or is just not there long enough?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:25 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Nice one, mate.

Doesn't seem to be generating much discussion, but I'm seriously looking at Aubusson.

I understand he has quite the reputation here. Never owned him so happy to be enlightened. If Crichton is out for three weeks, is anyone else considering him? What would be the hesitation? Just that three weeks isn't long enough? Crichton could be back earlier? Is he likely to play 80mins in the second row as long as Crichton is out, or is there unrest about Butcher? Anyone else to worry about? Any reason he doesn't suit up for that 80min role every week Crichton is not there? And if so, is anyone else considering it, at his price?  

I think the main concern is he’ll need to be traded out in a few weeks when trades could be dwindling.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:34 pm

Even though the fantasy season was sacked immediately after COVID I can't help but feel a little disappointed in the rubbish luck week in week out. I swear team lists weren't so fucked last year
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:38 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Nice one, mate.

I'm really thinking about Aubs because what the hell, but I'm not convinced he'll start over Tupouniua and Robinson is a killer for late teamlist changes.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:42 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I think the main concern is he’ll need to be traded out in a few weeks when trades could be dwindling.

Yep, it's a definite concern. Just trying to work it through in my head;

If Crichton out for three weeks, Aubbo will earn some decent cash and get some good solid scores in the horrid CTR position for a few weeks.

But if Crichton is back in three weeks, possibly even two, then he's a dead weight. You either need to dump him asap for that quick cash and as you say, waste what will then be a valuable trade, or just hold him as a handy DPP EMG option. But then if that happens it wasn't really worth the $330K then was it? May as well just have gone for a super cheapie. Or was it, to ride those good CTR scores while Angus is out?

And the other thing, with the way 2020 is going, is there could be other injuries for him to slot in for. Who knows?

Yeah, it's definitely risky. Maybe I don't like it. Sadly, the second alternative, if I don't go with him, is going to be Hethrington. At this moment, despite being shit at Fantasy, he might just be a decent cash-out EMG DPP option if he doesn't earn any money. If he does earn money and score points, bonus. But maybe a safer option for almost 80K less?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I'm really thinking about Aubs because what the hell, but I'm not convinced he'll start over Tupouniua and Robinson is a killer for late teamlist changes.

Good info. And you reckon it would be ongoing too? Even if Aubs did start this week, no guarantee that Tupouniua doesn't start next week?

I don't like uncertainty and it would be unpleasant to spend that extra cash and be sweating on stuff like that.
    kalynponga
    kalynponga

Post by kalynponga Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:55 pm

Koro
    Hass, Fotuaika
    Jurbo, Lolo, RFM
    Mann, Cleary
    Crichton, Best
    Pap, Ponga, Teddy

Grant, Macca, Carrigan, Butcher
    Starling, Hammer, Talau, Niu

Koro -> Tevaga
    Mann -> Hunt?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:57 pm

Maybe I’m an optimist but still think Bateman probably won’t play this week and even if he does Young will start ahead of KOD

Also would like Butcher to be a late starter so there is absolutely no penalty for my braindead 2RF choices.

Robson returning to 80 mins might be a bridge too far but you never know.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:58 pm

There is indeed a lot of uncertainty around a lot of TLT today.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:01 am

wolfking wrote:There is indeed a lot of uncertainty around a lot of TLT today.

I’ve worked out a convoluted plan that involves me being online for at least 4 pre-games and has about 7 sequential trade possibilities of which I will use 1 or 2.
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:14 am

kalynponga wrote:Koro
    Hass, Fotuaika
    Jurbo, Lolo, RFM
    Mann, Cleary
    Crichton, Best
    Pap, Ponga, Teddy

Grant, Macca, Carrigan, Butcher
    Starling, Hammer, Talau, Niu

Koro -> Tevaga
    Mann -> Hunt?

Mann to Hunt is good. Hold Koro until we have more information about his injury. I would trade Butcher to Tevaga if you have the cash.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:16 am

FalconSloth wrote:the new banner is up cheer

Nice work bro cheer

thoughts to you Liverpool_Bulldog. Hope you recover well. Looks like you got healthy competition when you get back!
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:17 am

Cook, Smith ,Grant and possibly Macca are the hookers to have atm.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:20 am

Aubs won't be worth it at even 3 weeks with the way price rises are going. MN is too low he'll need some high scores
    kalynponga
    kalynponga

Post by kalynponga Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:23 am

Empyreal wrote:

Mann to Hunt is good. Hold Koro until we have more information about his injury. I would trade Butcher to Tevaga if you have the cash.

Yeah nah cash is short unless I downgrade unfortunately, I’m also thinking of doing butch -> Sironen aswell as the Mann to hunt, I’d have enough cash itb to eventually upgrade to Fifita & Moses when optimal.. I like the flexibility the second option provides.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:24 am

Joseph Suaalii back flipped on his $1.7 million, 3-year Souths contract...
    To sign with the Waratahs for $3 Million over 3 years.

This is madness. The kid is 16. He’s being paid the same as Taumalolo and he can’t play first grade for another year yet. Rugby is cooked!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:29 am

If I go with bringing in Starling/Hethrington this week, I'm going to be left with this mob in my team;

McIntyre
    Averillo
    Talau
    Starling
    Kerr
    Sironen
    Hetherington

Of that lot, I'll need to play two centres and one of the other guys in my 16. Then I'll have to try a loop with the best two of the rest. I know this is probably too much to bother with, but if anyone's bored, what would you do?

Eg (what I'm thinking).

Starting CTRs;
    Averillo
    McIntyre

16th Man;
    Starling

17th Man Loop;
    Kerr
    Sironen

I know a lot of people seem pretty solid on Siro. I just get this feeling that even though he's starting he'll still play similar minutes to what he's been playing.

Kerr, however, seems to be going quite well lately, and seems to be gaining in confidence. Almost thinking he should be my 16th man.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:31 am

I’ve watched him up close a few times against the knights juniors and he’s a specimen and a huge talent but bloody hell thats some desperate cash throwing from rugby and a shame to lose him from league to go play a dying code
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:32 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Joseph Suaalii back flipped on his $1.7 million, 3-year Souths contract...
    To sign with the Waratahs for $3 Million over 3 years.

This is madness. The kid is 16. He’s being paid the same as Taumalolo and he can’t play first grade for another year yet. Rugby is cooked!
    Not sure if union has the same age restrictions as NRL
    Raudonikis's Wet Ciggies
    Raudonikis's Wet Ciggies

Post by Raudonikis's Wet Ciggies Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:32 am

I'm really stuck here

Bsironen or asi or starling

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:03 pm