NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 56 - The one hour backflip

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 56 - The one hour backflip - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 56 - The one hour backflip

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:24 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

To be fair, he did have a poor game under the high ball

Yeah he dropped a couple, every fullback in the history of the world has dropped a couple now and then. I don't think means anything in terms of form, like some suggest he is just going to keep scoring badly now. The plays out of the ingoal are the kind of one percent'ers that show he has what it takes to be a great player.
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 56 - The one hour backflip - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 56 - The one hour backflip

Post by Joey Superior Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:27 am

my tv broke wrote:

I would seriously consider just holding Katoa if you still have him, Warriors website confirmed he will be back next week.

I guess there is the worry that he returns from the bench now that they have a few troops back, but he has shown the ability to score well when coming off the bench.

That said, Crichton is a fair upgrade, so maybe just ignore me.

I was keen to go Katoa > Tevaga but not sure about him staying healthy. Could still take the punt but needs to be this week.

Also this: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/09/unlocking-combinations-key-to-crichtons-resurgence-robinson/

"I’m feeling really comfortable now with the team and I think the best is still yet to come." - Angus

In defence he's averaging more than 45 tackles and 120 metres in his 80-minute performances. - That's a good sign even though Roosters are scoring well.

Get. In. My. Team.

Last edited by Joey Superior on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:28 am

Welshy wrote:Been called back into work tomorrow so will miss the next Stinky 60! Gutted

You're gonna miss a true masterclass from Stinky as he leads the Cowboys to an upset 24-20 win over the Chooks.

1 try, 2 try assists, a 40-20, and 10 missed tackles for a fantasy score of................. 22.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:34 am

Fifita to return for the Broncos next week
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:35 am

Just on Ponga I was reading on nrlsctalk that the last 2 weeks he's played almost exclusively on the right hand side of the field. This could explain why Best's scores are lower because Ponga isn't setting him up.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:39 am

White Lightning wrote:Just on Ponga I was reading on nrlsctalk that the last 2 weeks he's played almost exclusively on the right hand side of the field. This could explain why Best's scores are lower because Ponga isn't setting him up.

People on twitter annoyed Barry Toohey enough that he asked him and AOB about it in their pressers earlier this week.

Ponga said he has free reign to roam and hasn't done anything different (intentionally), nor was it a specific plan.

Idea is probably planted in his head now though so we'll probably see him float back to the left more this week.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:44 am

First week I’ve been absolutely clueless. Need to upgrade or trade JTB and have $0 and no real cash out options without stuffing my team up
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:46 am

Personal feelings towards Gus aside, he is pretty spot on with everything he says here

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/phil-gould-warns-david-fifita-to-avoid-chasing-money-in-broncos-titans-decision/7c86ef04-9390-4846-97dc-b086f5502cc5
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:46 am

Erin Moleman wrote:First week I’ve been absolutely clueless. Need to upgrade or trade JTB and have $0 and no real cash out options without stuffing my team up

I’m considering holding JTB due to lack of options I like. BE42 I think. Will go backwards in price but maybe not too much.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:48 am

White Lightning wrote:Just on Ponga I was reading on nrlsctalk that the last 2 weeks he's played almost exclusively on the right hand side of the field. This could explain why Best's scores are lower because Ponga isn't setting him up.

This is exactly why Best has had low scores. He has seen basically no ball in his last couple of games in attacking areas. The ball he does see has just been helping them out of their own end.

Obviously he won't score tries every week, which led to some of those bigger scores he got. But he definitely won't get tries when they aren't giving him ball in that end. And even if Ponga has license to go wherever he wants, it was clear in those last couple of outings for whatever reason that is where Ponga was going almost every time.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:58 am

robelgordo wrote:

I’m considering holding JTB due to lack of options I like. BE42 I think. Will go backwards in price but maybe not too much.

Problem is he’s in my 17.. I still have Luai but not ideal and no red dots to loop either
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:59 am

Mr peanutbutter wrote:Trade for the week.

Fuimaono to Niu. Gives me 269k left itb.

Team for the week.

Koro
    Haas, MoFo
    Yeo, Lucy, Su'A
    Cleary, Fog
    Best, Talau
    Ponga, Teddy(c), Pappy

Grant, Brailey, Carrigan, Butcher
    Luai, Niu, Hetherington, HTF

I see what you did there! Twisted Evil
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:00 am

my tv broke wrote:

People on twitter annoyed Barry Toohey enough that he asked him and AOB about it in their pressers earlier this week.

Ponga said he has free reign to roam and hasn't done anything different (intentionally), nor was it a specific plan.

Idea is probably planted in his head now though so we'll probably see him float back to the left more this week.

This is why I'm having 2nd thoughts of doing Best to Talau:
    (a) I sell Best & then Ponga peppers the left hand edge on attack
    (b) I buy Talau & Best goes 40+ & Talau injures his hamstring
    Mr peanutbutter
    Mr peanutbutter

Post by Mr peanutbutter Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:04 am

Chewie wrote:

I see what you did there! Twisted Evil

Knowing my luck expect a fat 30 from teddy this week.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:08 am

my tv broke wrote:Personal feelings towards Gus aside, he is pretty spot on with everything he says here

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/phil-gould-warns-david-fifita-to-avoid-chasing-money-in-broncos-titans-decision/7c86ef04-9390-4846-97dc-b086f5502cc5

Either way it's a one year contract.
    I'd suggest the pressure and expectation he will be under will be greater at the Broncos than at the Titans - and the Titans look likely to be the more stable team next year.

Personally I don't believe the Bronco's should be allowed to sign him in any case - not for $700K when if rumours are to be believed the Titans have offered him 1.25mil, and the Rabbitohs and Bulldogs had offered 1mil/year contracts. These deals are meant to be subject to the NRL auditor approving them as appropriate to market rate, and regardless of whether he is worth a mil a year, it seemingly is the market rate for him.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:09 am

easytiger wrote:Personally I don't believe the Bronco's should be allowed to sign him in any case - not for $700K when if rumours are to be believed the Titans have offered him 1.25mil, and the Rabbitohs and Bulldogs had offered 1mil/year contracts. These deals are meant to be subject to the NRL auditor approving them as appropriate to market rate, and regardless of whether he is worth a mil a year, it seemingly is the market rate for him.

lol, that's pretty ridiculous tbh
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:09 am

easytiger wrote:

Just because he can score well against good opposition, doesn't mean that he necessarily does.
    Last year was easily his highest fantasy averaging year since leaving the Roosters, and even then he averaged 59 in games they won vs 46 in games they lost.
    So, sure if you think the Warriors are going to win more than they lose... opposition does tend to make a difference for attacking players when viewed across multiple games - better opposition tend to give up less tackle breaks etc...

Yeah good call out, thanks.
    Mr peanutbutter
    Mr peanutbutter

Post by Mr peanutbutter Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:10 am

I dont pay much attention to my fanatics h2h league but I should. It's the only place where my teams having any success.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:10 am

FalconSloth wrote:The list of off contract hookers includes Mahoney, friend and mccoulough who would all be amazing for the club. However, the list off off contract halves is this:
    Jack Cogger, Cade Cust, Rhys Davies, Drew Hutchison, Nicho Hynes, Ryley Jacks, Cooper Johns, Mason Lino, Luke Metcalf, Sean O'Sullivan, Tyrone Roberts, Braydon Trindall, Brandon Wakeham, Dean Blore, Kieran Foran, Matt Frawley, Blake Green, Adam Keighran, Lachlan Lam, Benji Marshall, Tyrone May, Nathaniel Roache, Tristan Sailor, Jaeman Salmon, Will Smith, Connor Watson.

The only real talent that is proven is Marshall, Foran, Watson and Green. Marshall doesn’t have much longer in his career, Foran is too injury prone for a team lacking consistency, Watson just isn’t the type of guy we need at halfback but could be good for a hooker, and green would probably be the pick of the lot but at 33 is getting old.

So a good hooker from the list above (plus B Smith if C smith plays on) and some additional strike power in the backs to go along with the signings in the forwards (Tino signed and Ese’es And Asiata looking likely) and then some young kids that are floating around.

And then as soon as November rolls around they should be going all out on Keary and Flanagan who are both off contract at the end of next year. At the end of next year Ash Taylor is also off contract so hopefully we can sign him on a smaller deal to partner Flanagan or keary

I'd be taking the gamble on some of the young guys that look first grade standard on cheap contracts. Cade Cust top of the list for me, but Nicho Hynes and Tyrone May have shown they are up to standard. Other option is hoping for improvement from young guys like Dean Blore, Lachlam Lam or journey man stop gap like Matt Frawley
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:17 am

my tv broke wrote:Personal feelings towards Gus aside, he is pretty spot on with everything he says here

It's easy for Gould to say this as an old man sitting around with a fat bank account.

Fifita can guarantee him and his family a huge amount of money for a very long time if he banks one of these big long term contracts.

It's no guarantee he is going to make a lot of money, his career could be ripped away any week he plays. He could take this one year Broncos deal, snap his leg next week and that's the only money he ever gets out of footy ever again.

I bet Yow Yeh wished he had the opportunity to bank that much money straight away.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:30 pm