NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 38 - We have our first banner !

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 38 - We have our first banner ! - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 38 - We have our first banner !

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:28 am

I considered just running with 16 instead of a second centre, but couldn't find anywhere else in my team where I could get a 20-40 point upgrade in one trade
    Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 38 - We have our first banner ! - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 38 - We have our first banner !

Post by Welshy Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 am

Big Kev wrote:

Only hesitation with Robson is if Val didn't go down last week, could have seen cotter spend time at HKR.

Looks like Green has shored up his backs with Hampton on bench this week, but wouldn't be entirely surprised if he comes on for ReRo at some point.

Would be straight on him otherwise
    Yes this is my hesitation as well mate. I think worse case he stays in the 45s playing 60/65 so wastes a trade down the track, His upside is huge though

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:40 am

Welshy wrote:

so it’s okay to make the odd homophobic reference because it’s not really in your character and only happens once in a while? Come on mate. We talk all sorts of shit on here, I’m one of the worse for talking random bollocks. Not all about fantasy, but that comment was just a bit shit wasn’t it?

Read my reply I’ve not seen the comments from you like that before, doesn’t make the 1 alright though does it? Stop throwing the toys, accept it and move on

The "Odd" reference, is a lot to different to one, which is what this is. I also conceded it was not a great joke. A tantrum is an overtly emotional response to an immaterial event. I'm not throwing my toys, I'm finding a different play area, one with a sandpit I can throw sand in.

wolfking wrote:

Not to drag this on, but I'm pretty open minded.  I backed Rabbit plenty of times and was never offended with things he came up with, but I guess even though I'm never offended at anything, my point is in relation to this, your joke wasn't even funny.  It was a joke a 7 year old would say in the school yard, like a name he'd call his mate or something.  Just made you look a bit childish and I'm all for free speech and all that, but you seriously can't expect to write that and not have it called out.  Just my 2c.

Let's be clear, I made a bad joke that was directed at nobody in particular.

The response to that bad joke was a personal attack on my character which others decided should be applauded, including a moderator. It could have just be ignored or laughed off like any other normal bad joke, instead it was an attempt at public shaming from people who are probably guilty of very similar things over their lives. This speaks to the environment here at the forum now.

The world is full of people with different views and senses of humour. I consider my self a centrist and as such am indifferent to virtually everything, as such nothing is off limits and everyone is free to laugh and joke about everything, much like a South Park episode.

As I said, it's fine if this is what the community is and wants I can choose not to be a part of it.

I've already requested my account be removed, so you need to hear no more of it.

Thanks.

Last edited by lukeaye on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:41 am

Welshy wrote:After backing Robson years ago and then again weeks back and moaning about him playing 80 and Granville being dumped. Have to get him in

I really want HTF but I need a CTR to replace Capewell. I like Hopo and Lee. I’m also considering playing with 16 this week now and getting a CTR next week.

Capewell - Lee
    Hopo - Robson
    16 trades. $18,000 left

Capewell - WHopo
    Brailey - Robson
    16 trades. $50,000 left

Capewell - HTF
    Hopo - Robson (play with 16)
    16 trades. $134,000 left
    I like the second option.
    HTF will still be cheap next week.
    zaggo1

Post by zaggo1 Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:41 am

Is the danger with Hoppa that once Meaney is back he'll revert to playing centre and go back to his 20 points a game?
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:44 am

Someone raised concern over SCrichton's potential score vs Storm. Would Averillo vs the Sharks be a better prospect?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:49 am

lukeaye wrote:

The "Odd" reference, is a lot to different to one, which is what this is. I also conceded it was not a great joke. A tantrum is an overtly emotional response to an immaterial event. I'm not throwing my toys, I'm finding a different play area, one with a sandpit I can throw sand in.

Let's be clear, I made a bad joke that was directed at nobody in particular.

The response to that bad joke was a personal attack on my character which others decided should be applauded, including a moderator. It could have just be ignored or laughed off like any other normal bad joke, instead it was an attempt at public shaming from people who are probably guilty of very similar things over their lives. This speaks to the environment here at the forum now.

The world is full of people with different views and senses of humour. I consider my self a centrist and as such am indifferent to virtually everything, as such nothing is off limits and everyone is free to laugh and joke about everything, much like a South Park episode.

As I said, it's fine if this is what the community is and wants I can choose not to be a part of it.

I've already requested my account be removed, so you need to hear no more of it.

Thanks.
    No are throwing your toys and leaving because you don’t agree with how a few posters have reacted to one of your shits posts. Easy to accept the mistake which you admitted to and move on but you are leaving essentially because you obviously disagree with the reaction and how the forum essentially can’t accept a ‘bad joke’. It’s not shaming, you have been called up on something which you have agreed was in bad taste, don’t turn it into a victim story.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:52 am

lukeaye wrote:

This forum and sportal was a safe corner of the internet where i could talk about fantasy, have a joke, take the p1ss and not be concerned about political correctness.

Now it appears with the influx of newer members, it's just about footy and PC laughs. I did in fact find Rabs posts and most others here funny, I have a pretty high tolerance to most things and certainly feel like people should be free to express themselves. Sometimes people say stupid things, but you should be able to distinguish between intent and outcome, maybe some of you aren't smart enough to know the difference. As I said previously, If i'm to be judged by the majority of people here on 1 bad joke, I really don't want to be here anymore. And that's fine if that's what the community wants to become you can have your mainstream space and make sure you all behave yourselves. There are plenty of websites and forums for me to talk about pure footy on. This one was different.

So with that said I think I'll be handing in my keys and moving on. It will be no skin of anyone's nose, I only visited from time to time anyway. No need to holiday here anymore.

Thanks.

Honestly bud the last time you got passionate in posting and banging on about something was to hammer into Rabbits21 for how annoying he is to you for posting in excitement too often about his team. Think you’re right that don’t think the forum is for you. You’ve made it no secret previously you were a big fan of Rabs, who is a complete dick... and rubbish play on words and All Lives matter references now.

Just jog on. Plenty of places full of pricks online to tickle your fancy
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:58 am

Lol @ deregeristing your account because of all that. And yet we are the soft pricks? lol!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:59 am

wolfking wrote:Lol @ deregeristing your account because of all that.  And yet we are the soft pricks? lol!

this is the funniest part haha.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:01 am

At this stage, the likely candidates for next week are Alex Twal (2RF), Josh Aloiai (FRF), Campbell Graham (CTR), Ethan Bullemor (2RF), Cory Paix (HOK) and Adam Pompey (WFB).
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:05 am

Maybe I get Twal over Crichton and then my FRF is done... Haas, Twal, Carrigan
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:08 am

OK fellas I need a ctr replacement for RnT's team but can only go 572k or less. Who do you like:
    Latrell, C, Graham, Lomax, B. Lee, Olam, B. Best, W. Hopoate, Hiroti or Averillo.

Cheers.
    zaggo1

Post by zaggo1 Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:11 am

White Lightning wrote:OK fellas I need a ctr replacement for RnT's team but can only go 572k or less. Who do you like:
    Latrell, C, Graham, Lomax, B. Lee, Olam, B. Best, W. Hopoate, Hiroti or Averillo.

Cheers.

C.Graham doesn't have CTR eligibility yet.

Out of the rest, I like Lomax for a high end option or Averillo for a cheapie. Latrell is just too boom/bust for me.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:19 am

Holy Moly wrote:

Who would slot in?

McInnis 13, Hunt full-time 9
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:21 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Someone raised concern over SCrichton's potential score vs Storm. Would Averillo vs the Sharks be a better prospect?

If you still have Wiliame for the loop....
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:21 am

Crazy reading. To play devil's advocate for a moment...

Anyone else sceptical of Lomax being able to maintain? I picked him because he was FB, which lasted all of one game. Feels like walking a tightrope each week as he moved to WG and then settled at CTR.

Other than Titans this week, Dragons have a pretty tough run ahead, so I'm expecting him to drop off a bit soon.

Not a drama if you have him, but trading him in you might be paying a premium when some cheapie would suffice.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:23 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

McInnis 13, Hunt full-time 9

Lawrie played 13 earlier in the year, no reason he wouldn't go back there. With 50-60mins there he should start banging out 50s again too.
    Probably not quite cheap enough to warrant bringing in, and not quite good enough scorer to be considered a keeper though.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:24 am

WT Winfield wrote:Crazy reading. To play devil's advocate for a moment...

Anyone else sceptical of Lomax being able to maintain? I picked him because he was FB, which lasted all of one game. Feels like walking a tightrope each week as he moved to WG and then settled at CTR.

Other than Titans this week, Dragons have a pretty tough run ahead, so I'm expecting him to drop off a bit soon.

Not a drama if you have him, but trading him in you might be paying a premium when some cheapie would suffice.

Isn't bulk of his points coming from tackles so fixture proof
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:25 am

Eyes on Norman if Hunt stays hooker. Those additional KM could elevate him

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:57 pm