NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by dasherhalo Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:14 am

Pieman wrote:
    It will be interesting to see if Watmough actually retires now

If that doesn't happen, the internet will ACTUALLY melt.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:52 am

I'll put my tin foil hat on and say this

Its as if Watmough and who ever worked it out before he went there, one of his buddies or whatever.
    You sign a MASSIVE deal for 4 years. Retire one year into the deal because of your dodgy knee. You get paid out for 4 years, we get 700x3 years off our books - you get paid we save the cash - win win.

Then some legit doctor has said nope - you already had dodgy knees so too bad.

Then the NRL has fucking bent over backwards and allowed Parra to pay the deal, knowing he had bad knees when they signed him - OFF THE FUCKING CAP. Its a fucking outrage!
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:07 am

The issue with his knee was a new injury but QBE are saying the previous knee injuries contributed to the new injury.

All NRL clubs are very nervous about this as 99% of players have existing injuries and if these are all determined to affect a new injury then there is no point in having the insurance.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:38 am

Pieman wrote:Its definitely not the end of the world for the Eels.
    Now instead of investing a mil in 1 player (eg Titans with DCE) they can invest a mil in 3/4 quality players (eg the Titans) - which will then lead to the signing of the superstar later down the track.

Gutherson now has the chance to play fullback - and he will be very fucking good for the club. Hooker and halfback are the problems now...  Maybe they can poach Elgey or Taylor in a few years. Also, Tyrone roberts will be looking for a new home come next season.. he could be an OK stopgap player for the eels.

http://www.zerotackle.com/eels-consider-making-play-for-titans-halfback-23448/

lol
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:38 am

Pieman wrote:Its definitely not the end of the world for the Eels.
    Now instead of investing a mil in 1 player (eg Titans with DCE) they can invest a mil in 3/4 quality players (eg the Titans) - which will then lead to the signing of the superstar later down the track.

Gutherson now has the chance to play fullback - and he will be very fucking good for the club. Hooker and halfback are the problems now...  Maybe they can poach Elgey or Taylor in a few years. Also, Tyrone roberts will be looking for a new home come next season.. he could be an OK stopgap player for the eels.

http://www.zerotackle.com/eels-consider-making-play-for-titans-halfback-23448/

lol
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Who are the Eels smooching off next year for a home ground ?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:45 pm

No Worries wrote:Who are the Eels smooching off next year for a home ground ?
    ANZ.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:20 pm

So hear is a thought, if Keiran is Ok to return to footy, why don't we join the race to sign him. Can apparently pick him up now for $600k, so we could easily fit him in the Cap. He left to sort out off field issues, it was apparently nothing to do with the club, so I'm not sure why we didn't retain last right of refusal on him.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 pm

Ice wrote:So hear is a thought, if Keiran is Ok to return to footy, why don't we join the race to sign him.  Can apparently pick him up now for $600k, so we could easily fit him in the Cap.  He left to sort out off field issues, it was apparently nothing to do with the club, so I'm not sure why we didn't retain last right of refusal on him.

Being that you paid him out and it's not being included in next year's cap, you could argue he could play for you next year for nothing ?????
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:05 am

No Worries wrote:

Being that you paid him out and it's not being included in next year's cap, you could argue he could play for you next year for nothing ?????

Yep, an even better idea!!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:02 am

Ice wrote:
    No Worries wrote:

Yep, an even better idea!!
    Your arrogance is astounding!  :pp:
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:12 am

No Worries wrote:

I thought they only paid him 150k or something like that... not included in the cap of course

its bullshit tho if the warriors sign him for 600k
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:57 am

iSIs wrote:

Is this an attempt to avoided an award that seems can't be avoided?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:24 am

code delta wrote:
    iSIs wrote:

Is this an attempt to avoided an award that seems can't be avoided?
    Legit strategy.  Over the last few weeks my constant Mum references and the occasional poopy pants and farty face name calling has thrown a cat amongst the pigeons posters; so much so that Bren/Archer/Welshy/Chewie and even Milchy have all been nominated this year.  I have even gone to the extent of NOT posting a smiley emoticon after being sarcastic to someone  Very Happy .  Allthough you got one then, but that's because I'm adaptable.

Desperate times call for desperate measures and I've left nothing in the change rooms except on the girls side, which was one of those spy cameras disguised as a pen.

Now I will still win it, that is a given and I 'embrace' my soft-cockedness, but instead of a landslide Air Quote victory:quote: it may just be a minor rockfall.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:39 am

How did I get voted for softcock of the year. My cock is hard as while I type this.

***NSFW***:
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:10 pm

TopDog wrote:How did I get voted for softcock of the year. My cock is hard as while I type this.

***NSFW***:
    Looks more like a curry puff than a samosa
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:47 pm

This is some funny shit. A player threatening a club with the salary cap.

Former Manly and Parramatta player Anthony Watmough is facing a $1.2 million legal showdown, with his injury payout again causing significant controversy.

Watmough was forced into early retirement after succumbing to a debilitating knee injury just 12 months into his four year deal - which was reportedly worth around $750, 000 a season.

The bill for this amount rests with Parramatta after QBE rejected the insurance payout on the grounds that the injury was pre-existing.

According to the Daily Telegraph, Watmough discovered this week that the Eels are looking at offering him a reduced figure - significantly less than the value of his $1.2 million contract - which operates outside the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The dispute arises over the final year of Watmough's contract, which was an option in his deal.

Parramatta have paid him in full for the 2016 and 2017 season, but refute claims that they owe him anything for the 2018 season since it was an option.

"(The option to play) was in his favour but the terms could not be performed," Eels administrator Max Donnelly said.

"It’s not like he can exercise his option to play. He can’t play."

Watmough has reportedly told friends that he will challenge Parramatta's bid, and may even train with the squad in the off-season to force the Eels to pay him.

Currently this type of payment is not included the club's salary cap, but it would become an issue if Watmough makes good on his threat.

Considering the crop of talent that the Eels have recruited already for next season - including Sosaia Vava, Nathan Brown and George Jennings - this could cause a huge problem if Watmough's $1.2 million pay-out is forced to be included in the cap.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:25 pm

No Worries wrote:This is some funny shit. A player threatening a club with the salary cap.

Former Manly and Parramatta player Anthony Watmough is facing a $1.2 million legal showdown, with his injury payout again causing significant controversy.

Watmough was forced into early retirement after succumbing to a debilitating knee injury just 12 months into his four year deal - which was reportedly worth around $750, 000 a season.

The bill for this amount rests with Parramatta after QBE rejected the insurance payout on the grounds that the injury was pre-existing.

According to the Daily Telegraph, Watmough discovered this week that the Eels are looking at offering him a reduced figure - significantly less than the value of his $1.2 million contract - which operates outside the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The dispute arises over the final year of Watmough's contract, which was an option in his deal.

Parramatta have paid him in full for the 2016 and 2017 season, but refute claims that they owe him anything for the 2018 season since it was an option.

"(The option to play) was in his favour but the terms could not be performed," Eels administrator Max Donnelly said.

"It’s not like he can exercise his option to play. He can’t play."

Watmough has reportedly told friends that he will challenge Parramatta's bid, and may even train with the squad in the off-season to force the Eels to pay him.

Currently this type of payment is not included the club's salary cap, but it would become an issue if Watmough makes good on his threat.

Considering the crop of talent that the Eels have recruited already for next season - including Sosaia Vava, Nathan Brown and George Jennings - this could cause a huge problem if Watmough's $1.2 million pay-out is forced to be included in the cap.
    This Max Donnelly character is a surreptitious lad  Very Happy
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:12 am

threatening to play.... thats brilliant
    Lebbo73

Post by Lebbo73 Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:33 am

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 16 Receiv11

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:04 am