NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 33 - If Stephen Crichton gets injured this week, I'm going to cry

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 33 - If Stephen Crichton gets injured this week, I'm going to cry - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 33 - If Stephen Crichton gets injured this week, I'm going to cry

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:34 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Casualty ward just as Paix listed as ‘July’, which is not helpful in the least bit definitely rings true for 4-6 weeks Laughing

Paix seems one of the no brainer cash cows- not often you get the bankable tackle stats of a hooker you can slot in the halves. I already have Luai and Fogarty and I am still considering downgrading Drinkwater to him to play in my 17. 

3 weeks should see him make 150k, anything more is just a bonus.

Sold!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 33 - If Stephen Crichton gets injured this week, I'm going to cry - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 33 - If Stephen Crichton gets injured this week, I'm going to cry

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:34 pm

Fixtures arn’t always everything though. I have been feeling massive FOMO on Teddy this week because like everyone else, I assume the Roosters will destroy the Dogs and there is pressure to get Teddy in for that game.

Here is how I reassured myself:

Fullbacks vs dogs in 2020:
    R4 Norman 50 (but 8 points in kicks, so realistically 42)
    R3 Turbo 72 (with two tries and 3 TAs)
    R2 Holmes 45 (with 8 points in GK, realistically 37)
    R1 Gutherson 32 (with a try save)

Unless Teddy can score some meat pies, and admittedly he might, I don’t think this fixture is any more appetising than it appears in our fantasy-addled brains which conjures up images of Teddy scoring a tonne.

Last year versus the dogs he scored 50, and that included a try.
    In fact, 50.00 is exactly his historical average against the dogs (going back 6 games to his Tigers years and includes two tries)
    Edit: his average whilst with the Roosters is 59, including two tries (three games)

So whilst he may go well, it won’t necessarily be the game we are tearing our teams apart to get him in ASAP for. Dog games are usually scrappy affairs bogged down in the middle, and if the Roosters are tearing them to shreds then they probably spend more time standing between the posts.

Of course all of this is my own cognitive dissonance so that I can get Cook this week and leave Teddy for next week  Twisted Evil 

Tl;dr- Teddy only going huge with tries- leave him if he doesn’t come in easy and make a try scorers bet (But gamble responsibly)

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:37 pm

Shady2K wrote:Thinking of going

Mann > Fui

Then trading either JHop or Kennedy out for:

- Turbo + 227k itb
    - Teddy/Ponga + 64-74k itb

Thoughts on the second? Thinking turbo better value and up against the Broncs - but huge fomo with the other two that could go massive at any time, especially Teddy v Dogs
    Depends, if getting one this week and another next week, I would work off the BEs.
    Teddy BE 42
    Turbo BE 37
    Ponga BE 22

Would make Ponga the clear favourite for this week.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:40 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Fixtures arn’t always everything though. I have been feeling massive FOMO on Teddy this week because like everyone else, I assume the Roosters will destroy the Dogs and there is pressure to get Teddy in for that game.

Unless Teddy can score some meat pies, and admittedly he might, I don’t think this fixture is any more appetising than it appears in our fantasy-addled brains which conjures up images of Teddy scoring a tonne.

In fact, 50.00 is exactly his historical average against the dogs (going back 6 games to his Tigers years and includes two tries)

So whilst he may go well, it won’t necessarily be the game we are tearing our teams apart to get him in ASAP for. Dog games are usually scrappy affairs bogged down in the middle, and if the Roosters are tearing them to shreds then they probably spend more time standing between the posts.

Of course all of this is my own cognitive dissonance so that I can get Cook this week and leave Teddy for next week  Twisted Evil 

Tl;dr- Teddy only going huge with tries- leave him if he doesn’t come in easy and make a try scorers bet (But gamble responsibly)

I was going to get him last week but got Ponga instead. Could have saved some money for him but got Cook and Murray instead. I'm happy with that. Teddy will have to wait until I make more cash, which is how it goes in fantasy. That gives Drinky some more time to see what he can do.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:42 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Fixtures arn’t always everything though. I have been feeling massive FOMO on Teddy this week because like everyone else, I assume the Roosters will destroy the Dogs and there is pressure to get Teddy in for that game.

Edit: his average whilst with the Roosters is 59, including two tries (three games)

To be fair, you can't compare the fantasy ability of any of those FBs apart from Turbo. The others are junk, because they don't pick up the junk stats that Teddy, Turbo, Ponga pick up.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:44 pm

If Tedesco does not score above 60 I'll eat my desk. Someone screenshot this
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:44 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I was going to get him last week but got Ponga instead. Could have saved some money for him but got Cook and Murray instead. I'm happy with that. Teddy will have to wait until I make more cash, which is how it goes in fantasy. That gives Drinky some more time to see what he can do.

I bought Teddy last week for Tolo. Spent the long weekend fishing with no reception, was filthy when i heard on radio Teddy was out and had no internet to change. This week, i bought Ponga. Oh how i wish i could have got Ponga first.

Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:48 pm

Turbo scored 72 vs Dogs with 1 TB. I'm afraid to go without Teddy
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:48 pm

Best might well make 150k no matter what, but Fui makes 100+k for nearly 100k less. Personally I am taking the risk because at this point I may as well. Even with trades this week my cash generation is fucked with Wiliame, Mag, and JHop sitting there so I need to make cash rapidly at a low cost.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:50 pm

Gone full circle on centres. Thinking I'll take a punt that Best is a cash cow (yes it's a punt, I know). His job security should be good, so at worst I'll have someone I can play fucking play at centre without worrying whether he'll still be in the team come Sunday (I'm looking at you Fui). Best case, he's worth about 625k+ in three weeks and I can then decide if I'm keeping him or if he becomes Teddy/DCE.

Thinking Jopoate -> Paix and Kennedy -> Best. Leaves:

Cook
    Haas (c) Carrigan
    Murray Matterson Leilua
    Moses Mann (or Paix/Luai if out)
    Best Crichton
    Ponga Pappy Drinky

Api Grant Katoa Paix

Luai Rudolf Magoo Wiliame

41k 17 trades.

Anyone want to explain why Mulvy is stupid? Would be much appreciated Very Happy
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Mulvy wrote:Gone full circle on centres. Thinking I'll take a punt that Best is a cash cow (yes it's a punt, I know). His job security should be good, so at worst I'll have someone I can play fucking play at centre without worrying whether he'll still be in the team come Sunday (I'm looking at you Fui). Best case, he's worth about 625k+ in three weeks and I can then decide if I'm keeping him or if he becomes Teddy/DCE.

Thinking Jopoate -> Paix and Kennedy -> Best. Leaves:

Cook
    Haas (c) Carrigan
    Murray Matterson Leilua
    Moses Mann (or Paix/Luai if out)
    Best Crichton
    Ponga Pappy Drinky

Api Grant Katoa Paix

Luai Rudolf Magoo Wiliame

41k 17 trades.

Anyone want to explain why Mulvy is stupid? Would be much appreciated Very Happy

You're stupid because you own Mag hahahahaha idiot

EDIT: Looks the goods but what are you going to do next week with 41k? Mago/Wiliame for a cow and then upgrade Mann? Won't leave you with quite enough for a gun, whereas getting in Fui might be the difference

Last edited by ytsb on Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:54 pm

ytsb wrote:

I think it entirely depends on what you can do with the 227k next round. For example, can you piss off Jhop or Kennedy next week foir a cashie and use the 227k to upgrade to another gun? If so, do the tommy trade.

If you're happy to just build a bit of cash next week and trade to two cows I reckon you can't go wrong with bringing in Teddy!

Teddy is a semi-POD now because a lot of people who were gonna bring him in last round went Ponga instead.

mattnz wrote:
    Depends, if getting one this week and another next week, I would work off the BEs.
    Teddy BE 42
    Turbo BE 37
    Ponga BE 22

Would make Ponga the clear favourite for this week.

Good points, cheers. Every round just seems like a mystery right now. No one could have predicted a bunch of new cows coming to light this week and last - Clune, HTF, Talau, Clark etc. could be new ones next week.

I could get Ponga this week and then go double cow next week, would just be a gamble on what is available. Or, get Turbo this week and then go for another cow/gun option next week. Wouldn't be able to hit the 800k ceiling though. Would need to be below that. Watchlist for just under 800 could be Munster, Matto, Murray, Latrell if he backs up with another good score.

Will have a think cheer
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:56 pm

ytsb wrote:

EDIT: Looks the goods but what are you going to do next week with 41k? Mago/Wiliame for a cow and then upgrade Mann? Won't leave you with quite enough for a gun, whereas getting in Fui might be the difference

Embarassed
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:58 pm

ytsb wrote:

TBH I'd like to bank a trade. Maybe another cow if compelling.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Mulvy wrote:

TBH I'd like to bank a trade.  Maybe another cow if compelling.

Didn't realise only 17 trades. Your team is looking stacked!
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:18 pm

Teddy, Cleary, Ponga, or DCE is doing my head in. Leaning Teddy as the cheapest of those 4 with a game against the Dogs.

Is Fogarty the safest cash cow if you don't already have him? Clark a better option?

Right now it's Brailey -> Tedesco + Walters -> Fogarty

Leaves me with

Koro
    Hass Carrigan
    Tolo LLeilua Katoa
    Moses Drinkwater
    Capewell Lomax
    Teddy Turbo Pap

Friend Grant JTB Paix

Luai Fogarty Hopo Wiliame

71K left to possibly target Drinkwater & Hopo -> Mofo + cow next week.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: Taumalolo

"He hasn't done a lot of full-contact training yet so we will wait and see how he gets through the next two sessions," coach Paul Green said of the Tongan star on Tuesday. "We are not going to take any unnecessary risks with him."
    Aucklandwarriors95
    Aucklandwarriors95

Post by Aucklandwarriors95 Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:26 pm

This week is driving me nuts. Any help would be much appreciated!

Option A) Brailey>Best
    Option B) Brailey + Drinkwater > Ponga + Fui
    Option C) Brailey + Cotric > Ponga + Best

Rest of team as follows

McInnes
    Haas Twal
    Katoa Lucy Carrigan
    Moses Paix
    Williame Crichton
    Cotric Papy Drinkwater

Grant Koro JTB Friend
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:28 pm

The Dogs defence has been decent when they actually turn up. Coming off a win they may have a confidence boost and i dont expect them to be walkovers. Yes, that game against Manly was horrific but their losses to the Eels and Cowboys werent that bad. Cook has a better matchup against the Titans so i dont think you can go wrong with him.
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:35 pm

A player who could be a sneaky POD could be Fisher Harris. Has scored extremely well the last two rounds

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 am